IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

16 hours ago, feministxtian said:

it's currently 90F here in the desert. I'm wearing shorts, a tank top, one bare foot and one moon boot. Tomorrow will be "dress up day" for church...I'll actually wear a bra and a shoe on my non-moon boot foot. 

Lydia can kiss my ass...I'll be scrubbing the bathtub later and plan to do it nekkid after my shower. It'd give her the vapours 

I, too, clean my bathtub nekkid after a shower. You never have to worry about getting bleach on your clothes and you’re already wet. 

...maybe the weirdest thing I’ve revealed on FJ, but there you go. Haven’t sent myself to the hospital doing it yet. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 7

Well, since Lady Lydia seems to have no idea that the 21st century exists, she must think lace-up shoes means orthopedic granny shoes. Huh, I guess the people they still sell them for are nurses.  https://www.shoemall.com/product/nurse-mates-anni-hi-women-s-/1059701-1?CAWELAID=330007400004810215&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=58058186060&CATCI=pla-416668282205&CATARGETID=330007400014756806&CADevice=m&gclid=CJPN7-3w3OICFQa2wAododEDKg. Funny, we mostly wear cross trainers where I work. They aren't heavy and I'd really like a pair of peach Nikes for my next pair. My current ones are blue and hot pink. Perhaps not "pretty" by LL's description, but non-slip and sturdy. If we are going to go retro with our footwear, can I suggest making cushioned saddle shoes a thing, please? I could never talk my mom into them as a kid.

Edited by Leftitinmysnood
Subject/verb agreement
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 2

@Leftitinmysnood,  I posted maybe a week ago how I needed some new saddle shoes.  I used to have a brown and white pair about 45 or 50 years ago.  I think I got them at a thrift store.  I also had a pair of brown orthopedic shoes that I know came from a thrift store.  They were size four.  I thought they were very retro.  

• Upvote 1

I wear orthopedic granny shoes, but with Velcro.(I’d give my right arm to wear Nikes again.)

ETA:  Similar to these.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I wear orthopedic granny shoes, but with Velcro.(I’d give my right arm to wear Nikes again.)

Nothing wrong with wearing orthopedic shoes. With the time I spend on my feet, I'll join you sooner rather than later. My great grandmother always wore black versions of the link I posted. It's more about Lady Lydia's posturing about lace up shoes being unfeminine like the 1950s one are the only kind available and FlyLady being wrong. How dare we suggest she's ripping off FlyLady!

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I, too, clean my bathtub nekkid after a shower. You never have to worry about getting bleach on your clothes and you’re already wet. 

...maybe the weirdest thing I’ve revealed on FJ, but there you go. Haven’t sent myself to the hospital doing it yet. 

My mother used to do this.  That was how I learned about tampons because of a teachable moment...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Nothing wrong with wearing orthopedic shoes. With the time I spend on my feet, I'll join you sooner rather than later. My great grandmother always wore black versions of the link I posted. It's more about Lady Lydia's posturing about lace up shoes being unfeminine like the 1950s one are the only kind available and FlyLady being wrong. How dare we suggest she's ripping off FlyLady!

I have very wide, very high arched feet, and it was the tragedy of my angsty teens that I couldn't find cute shoes that fit. At home I mostly went barefoot -- still do -- and I've blanked out on what I wore to school. Anyway, when I headed off to college at 17, the only non-tennis shoes I could find were lace-up black granny shoes. I was mortified until I learned that in groovy California, as opposed to small-town Washington, they were the height of hippy dress-up chic.

Now you can buy all sorts of styles in EEE, and I had a late-breaking incarnation as a shoe collector. I'm back to basics again now. I didn't even cry yesterday when my new dog ate one of my more frivolous purchases.

Edited by older than allosaurs
typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 8

@Whatthefundie, Mr. Briefly says that they are not real.  He was looking at the full body picture and his reasoning is that they aren't even.  But he thinks that the picture where she's in the plane is obviously after implants.

I don't have a problem at all with nudity.  But I would so, so love to post those pictures on a particular relative of Mr Briefly's facebook page because this person frequently talks about how happy she is that we now have such a respectable, above reproach, modest, etc., FLOTUS.  But I know that facebook would probably not be happy, and said person might just have a stroke.

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, Briefly said:

@Whatthefundie, Mr. Briefly says that they are not real.  He was looking at the full body picture and his reasoning is that they aren't even.  But he thinks that the picture where she's in the plane is obviously after implants.

I don't have a problem at all with nudity.  But I would so, so love to post those pictures on a particular relative of Mr Briefly's facebook page because this person frequently talks about how happy she is that we now have such a respectable, above reproach, modest, etc., FLOTUS.  But I know that facebook would probably not be happy, and said person might just have a stroke.

That reminds me of the thread from a couple of years ago where Loony Lydia was designing dresses for the Inauguration Ball. Good they were not. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

On 6/9/2019 at 3:36 PM, Leftitinmysnood said:

It's more about Lady Lydia's posturing about lace up shoes being unfeminine like the 1950s one are the only kind available and FlyLady being wrong. How dare we suggest she's ripping off FlyLady!

IIRC,Marla mentioned ripping off Mary Kay's  ideas about wearing shoes that are difficult to take off as it instills a more professional approach to your work.

So it's not even an original thought.

• Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

IIRC,Marla mentioned ripping off Mary Kay's  ideas about wearing shoes that are difficult to take off as it instills a more professional approach to your work.

So it's not even an original thought.

She got many of her ideas about organizing housework from The Slob Sisters,  Pam Young and Peggy Jones, the authors of Sidetracked Home Executives.  Putting on work shoes was one of their ideas. (Maybe Mary Kay's as well.)  They felt that if you stayed in your slippers all day you were less likely to get your work done.

Flylady acknowledges that she got most of her system from Pam and Peggy.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 6/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, Briefly said:

I agree with Mr. Briefly. There's a nude photo that predates the ones I posted where her breasts are really quite small. They've been growing steadily since she hooked up with her sugar daddy, DJT. In current photos they look pneumatic--downright Carol Doda-ish. (Go ahead, kids, google that name and keep in mind those breasts were considered freakishly huge in the early 70's)

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Melania's had a ton of work done.

Back when she had her original nose, and eyes that still opened all the way:

?u=https%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-7O

Original boobs:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fi.dailymail

Melania with her sister, Ines (who probably looks pretty similar to what Melania would look like without all the work she's had done):

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.images.express.co.uk

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

• 2 weeks later...

"Today I would like to talk about royally speaking and you just listen to royalty when they have to, have you ever seen any, uh modern royalty to go to a, perhaps a retirement center where they are patrons of, that and, they will sit there and interview someone, one of the residents there and ask them how they're doing and how they like it there. And they always say the right things, never a discouraging word. And have you ever, have you, they are trained to say only uplifting things and leaving people to feel better. That's the way  I do my ladies Bible class. I want them to feel happier when they leave than when they came. I don't want them to go home  feeling depressed. And do you ever go into a room - and by the way, I'm wearing an apron from Hobby Lobby, they have a tremendous clearance and got rid of all their last season's aprons for just a couple of dollars each and I was happy to get this..."

• Haha 10

"Royal speech involves saying the right thing, keeping people encouraged and all will be well soon, and also remember when you're getting that feeling, that it's all doomed, it's sometimes happens around after four o'clock,  seems like things are always, there is a saying, things are always the darkest before the dawn, it's always, you always have a low feeling towards the end of the day and it seems different the next morning, and there seems to be more hope the next morning, and that's why we stop, and have tea, or  take a  nap, because after a little bit of rest, after a little bit of a  sitdown, life seems a little more optimistic."

We should drink tea in the afternoon because it's always darkest before the dawn.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11

She thinks women became depressed in the sixties because the clothing got uglier. In the fifties women weren't depressed because if they felt bad they could go out and buy cute hats.

• Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 21

@AmazonGrace, yeah—those ‘60s with Jackie Kennedy and all that hideous couture she wore. /sarcasm 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

Does she realize that royals are acting in a professional capacity when they make visits and public appearances? OF COURSE they don't say anything negative; they're performing the duties of their job. You bet your ass that Prince Charles or Princess Kate or whomever have had bad days and said swear words and spoken negatively because they're human beings. Living life having to be constantly "on" sounds absolutely exhausting and frankly, mentally unhealthy. It's okay to not be okay--but it's problematic if you're putting on an act day after day and not expressing how you truly feel. 

She pronounces "chic" as "chick" and it really bothers me. I also feel like I use plenty of figures of speech, as do the youth I work with. I haven't noticed this going by the wayside whatsoever. I still say "hit the road" and my tweenage niece understands me just fine. 

• Upvote 17

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I'm totally late to this party, but have you ever read something and thought, "There's no  way this is real," but it slowly dawns on you that the other person is completely genuine? That's how I felt when while glancing through this blog.  And my mouth legit fell open when she started referring to herself as a minority who should "get something" because she was a Victorian, but hahaha, joking! (I don't think she was completely joking btw). 

Edited by kittenesque
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 9

Wait!!!  This twit moved a toddler bed and destroyed four rooms in the process??!!  

Speak royally, doom and gloom, children don't want your things, drink your royal tea out of your royal tea cup and take a royal nap.  DaFUQ???

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, kittenesque said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I'm totally late to this party, but have you ever read something and thought, "There's no  way this is real," but it slowly dawns on you that the other person is completely genuine That's how I felt when while glancing through this blog.  And my mouth legit fell open when she started referring to herself as a minority who should "get something" because she was a Victorian, but hahaha, joking! (I don't think she was completely joking btw). 

Welcome to Free Jinger!

And yes.  I thought Lydia was a parody until I sadly found out that she was real.  

She is shocking, isn't she?  I do think her teeth have been drawn because LAF has gone by the wayside and has no real influence these days.  But Lydia was very destructive 15 - 20 years ago.

These days Lydia is still hateful but also pitiable.   As she continues in her delusional little fake "Victorian" world.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, VooDooChild said:

Wait!!!  This twit moved a toddler bed and destroyed four rooms in the process??!!  

Speak royally, doom and gloom, children don't want your things, drink your royal tea out of your royal tea cup and take a royal nap.  DaFUQ???

Not only that, but destroyed them so badly that they were "doomed." I mean, come on, I've moved entire residences and not felt like any of the rooms were "doomed." I've experienced chaos, sure, but never chaos that I felt was completely unfixable. I can't imagine living with a person who would be so easily defeated by small life obstacles. Lordy, what does she do when her sink backs up or her car won't start? She must absolutely shut down and go catatonic from the stress. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, kittenesque said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I'm totally late to this party, but have you ever read something and thought, "There's no  way this is real," but it slowly dawns on you that the other person is completely genuine? That's how I felt when while glancing through this blog.  And my mouth legit fell open when she started referring to herself as a minority who should "get something" because she was a Victorian, but hahaha, joking! (I don't think she was completely joking btw). 

If Lydia got you out of lurkdom she's accomplished at least one good thing with all her hard work!

She says that a lot. Something she said was only a joke, but stupid people will get offended, grow up please. And half the time I think, was it really a joke? And half the time I'm like, what? Who the heck gets offended by that and wonder if she imagined it. Like who is mad at her for saying hit the road? I've said that and no one corrected me in any way whatsoever. And that time she thought people would be offended by her usage of recycled materials in a crafting project and here I was thinking that the recycling was the best thing about it. 

IDK maybe it's just that our senses of humor don't converge but it seems like most of the funny things she says are unintentional.

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I also feel like I use plenty of figures of speech, as do the youth I work with. I haven't noticed this going by the wayside whatsoever. I still say "hit the road" and my tweenage niece understands me just fine. 

Maybe it's just that language is constantly changing, as it always does, and Lydia doesn't like change very much, so all the more modern figures of speech that she doesn't personally like or understand get labeled "vulgar slang"

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Something she said was only a joke, but stupid people will get offended, grow up please. And half the time I think, was it really a joke? And half the time I'm like, what? Who the heck gets offended by that and wonder if she imagined it. Like who is mad at her for saying hit the road? I've said that and no one corrected me in any way whatsoever. And that time she thought people would be offended by her usage of recycled materials in a crafting project and here I was thinking that the recycling was the best thing about it. 

My guess: She offended people at some point (maybe by, I don't know, complaining about how hurricane evacuees were dressed?) and got backlash, so she's trying to forestall future backlashes by slapping an "it's a joke, grow up!" disclaimer on things she thinks might offend.  Problem is, she genuinely doesn't understand why she was wrong the first time, and has no idea what people will actually find offensive, so she latches on to things like "young people don't like traditional sayings" (no, young people don't like traditional sayings that are rooted in bigotry and oppression; hit the road is fine) and "liberals get all up in arms about recycling" (yes, we'd like people to do more of it).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Does she realize that royals are acting in a professional capacity when they make visits and public appearances? OF COURSE they don't say anything negative; they're performing the duties of their job. You bet your ass that Prince Charles or Princess Kate or whomever have had bad days and said swear words and spoken negatively because they're human beings. Living life having to be constantly "on" sounds absolutely exhausting and frankly, mentally unhealthy. It's okay to not be okay--but it's problematic if you're putting on an act day after day and not expressing how you truly feel. 

Lydia has obviously never come across Prince Philip in his prime.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5