IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

I guess we are Naysayers now!  I have also re-used those net bags to try crocheting dish scrubbies.  Somebody told me she used it for that and it was ok, but it was pretty hard on my skin.  Quite a few things like that are re-used and are used in crafting, my daughter and her friends make some amazing things out of stuff like that.  I don't have a problem with Lydia using things like that or with the fact that it might not look "professional."  I just have problems with how she acts, about many things including the fact that she seems to think she's a trendsetter for example.  I get the distinct feeling she thinks she's original and that many people copy her or her style.

Also, I got two plastic & fabric Japanese fans at the Dollar Store this morning.  They are with my Bible, which I will hopefully remember to take to Church with me next Sunday because sometimes I forget it.

• Upvote 6

The headband is cute-ish and a good way to re-use that netting if you should be so inclined... who would naysay that?  If anything, I’ll naysay the preemptive naysay call-out, which is like someone popping on to a forum to state an unpopular opinion and then sign their post off with “Go ahead and flame me!!1!” Just say what you want to say and don’t worry about the naysayers until they’ve actually naysayed.

• Upvote 6

Lame Lydia only mentioned the "nay sayers" so that she could cultivate an atmosphere of vague intrigue and persecution to her followers. She referenced it on the headband project post to imply that her thriftiness, creativity, and consequently, her innate femininity are what the unseen critics are attacking.

Whereas in reality, her critics are mostly just casual readers here who only discuss her when there's nothing more interesting going on. And the main reasons she is discussed at all are her lack of basic civility, her self-aggrandizing blog rants, and her amusingly bad taste in home decor and personal accessories.

But I looooove that she keeps referencing the criticism, even if she's trying to spin it differently. We're in her head and under her skin. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

On 4/28/2019 at 6:14 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Lydia wants you to see her handiwork and I would hate to disappoint her. She's used recycled materials, good for her.

Reveal hidden contents

kuva.png.e672a8c7c4f3fd331b95ad04f173eab7.png

In other news, she doesn't like globalists except when globalists are doing things that her husband does too.  And she has found a new technique for washing the dishes in the sink which is basically

1. Throw the trash away.

2. Wash the dishes.

3. Send photos to all your female acquaintances.

kuva.png.cf6c75bb8088441c3d23ac821b97b3e7.png

Pretty sure my mom would immediately call me a little worried if I did this. "Honey are you all right? Why did you just send me photos of your dirty dishes?"

What's this "gather all the trash items in a pile" nonsense? Who leaves trash lying all over the place instead of putting it straight into the recycling/trash bins? Also, there are just the two of them. Why do they need to organize the dishes? Why not just wash the glassware first, plates next, cookware last? Lydia needs to get her act together or she will lose her Titus 2 license.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

Is Lydia trying to appeal to the Flylady crowd? 

• 1 month later...

People who talk are terrifying: they can put you in a coma or paralysis Screenshot_20190602-120129.thumb.jpg.daad43717c44c52f2a7824d0d38ec695.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

People who talk are terrifying: they can put you in a coma or paralysis Screenshot_20190602-120129.thumb.jpg.daad43717c44c52f2a7824d0d38ec695.jpg

Sounds like someone is getting on Lady Lydia's nerve.  Or, maybe she's met her match? :pow:

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 6

On 4/28/2019 at 8:06 PM, Spanger said:

The headband is cute-ish and a good way to re-use that netting if you should be so inclined... who would naysay that? 

Me, me, me! :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

It's one of those things that looks cute enough in a picture, but would be ridiculous in person. If it were for, say, a kid's costume, or play-dress-up box, fine (provided they were old enough that choking hazards aren't an issue), but fake flowers AND plastic netting on a grown ass woman? It's like a parody of church lady fashion.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

I have heard tell, that ladies have to rest practically comatose in front of a soothing movie just to recover from the mind flogging they've been through when a lady decides to go into a long, insignificant description of something of non-interest.

I know that I, for one, could not have survived statistics class in grad school without my smelling salts.  Even so, I had to spend many an evening staring slack-jawed at a genteel costume drama in order to recover from the afternoon's ANOVAs.  And I never give a lecture on English inflectional morphology without making sure there are stretchers on hand to bring casualties to a nearby room, where one of my TAs is waiting to apply emergency doses of Pride and Prejudice.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

I know that I, for one, could not have survived statistics class in grad school without my smelling salts.  Even so, I had to spend many an evening staring slack-jawed at a genteel costume drama in order to recover from the afternoon's ANOVAs.  And I never give a lecture on English inflectional morphology without making sure there are stretchers on hand to bring casualties to a nearby room, where one of my TAs is waiting to apply emergency doses of Pride and Prejudice.

I couldn't bring myself to study statistics too until a gentleman suggested that it can only be done with a couple of beers :D

We really had one of those foldable spare beds in our lab - no AC, no windows - 4h long classes (and maybe a couple of beers the night before) made enough students faint for the uni to justify that purchase :)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Ah, I always enjoy reading about Lady Lydia and her brand of cray-cray.

My first-year French grammar lectures at university were very boring (I’d already covered the lot at school pretty much, seriously the first one was about the PRESENT FUCKING TENSE, if I didn’t know that I wouldn’t be at university studying it!!!) Thinking about it, a good dose of Pride and Prejudice would’ve been a welcome restorative. Although perhaps the Colin-Firth-coming-out-of-a-lake scene would be a bit too risqué for Lady Lydia. Or is she the type of person who thinks women aren’t turned on by visual things?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Moping around in your home is incredibly DANGEROUS. Exposed skin may lead to terrible injuries. You might hurt yourself  on the furniture. There could be SPILLS. The wind might bite you. You could be attacked by ANIMALS.  Sports shoes are very heavy and your shoelaces might be trying to kill you. This is why you need to dress in appropriate protective clothing and footwear. We pity young  ladies who often need at least three layers to cover their torso. You need clothes rated for modesty because you're probably not able to work out how many body parts they cover without a tag that warns you about skin exposure.

Spoiler

If you have grown accustomed to bare skin being exposed all around you by women of all ages, and bareness of the most inappropriate areas of the body, this post may challenge you to change the way you dress or the way you think about clothing.

One of the elementary purposes of clothing is to cover and protect the body, not only from the harsh elements but also to protect skin from injuries.

Protecting the Feet

I have often reminded homemakers to avoid wearing flip flops or sandals in the workplace and instead opt for shoes or boots that cover toes, ankles and heels, protecting from spills in the kitchen or protection from getting hurt on furniture or other things.

Further down the page are some pictures of short boots that are soft, comfortable and protective of the feet in all seasons. 

The same principle applies to the rest of the body. You must protect yourself from insects, animals and a myriad of things you might not even think about.

If you want your skin to be injury free, avoid sunburn and windburns by covering yourself in clothing. 

Protecting Your Privacy

From personal property to internet, people are obsessed with privacy, and yet,  their mode of dress completely contradictory to obsession with privacy.

Perhaps if we put a "password" to clothing,  such as "weak", "medium" or "strong" in relation to the coverage and the amount of fabric; a "privacy rating",  people would be more on board about covering themselves better. 

Just as winter coats in the cold climates are sold with a "temperature rating" (above zero, below zero, 20 below, etc.), you need to view clothing with a privacy rating: exposed, partial, or  protected. 

Maybe a label would read: "Protection level: 1= no protection, 2=low to no privacy, 3= almost no privacy, 4= some privacy, 5= full privacy,  etc.  

This is a kind of self discipline you can develop in determining how much privacy the clothing will afford you. Perhaps we could think of the movie ratings: Restricted, General, Parental Guidance, when it comes to how much flesh you want to reveal to the public, when choosing clothing.

In the last few years I felt for the young women, especially teens, who could not find anything adequate to wear, and had to wear layers of things in order to cover gaps in the clothing. One shirt would cover the belly but not the chest, so another shirt which revealed the tummy could be worn over that one, and then there were shirts worn over that to cover upper arms and shoulders. It was a dilemma requiring many separates, which are always less simple to organize in a closet or drawer compared to the time and proven one-piece garment called a dress.

That being said, the dress is by no means the answer just by being a dress, and often it will require separate pieces to go over it to cover different bare areas. These were also stretch knits, synthetics and tight clothing which add up to  possibly getting overheated. I don't think it was a healthy way of dressing.  Loose wovens moderate body heat better. A dress is one-piece and can, if designed properly, cover everything adequately.

Modesty

With clothing, protecting your privacy from other people's eyes, is also called modesty. Not every part of the body is open to the public. Clothing is supposed to cover the body areas that are private and not for everyone to see.

More on Footwear

I know some of you use the FlyLady housekeeping coach , and she recommends daily wearing lace-up shoes as opposed to slip-ons, so that you don't start being lazy and lounging about; the lace-up intended to make you feel put together and seriously at work.

I do not recommend lace up shoes for the kitchen or anywhere you are working, especially for a busy person who is on her feet a lot at home.

Although it is thought that being able to slip shoes off and on easily inhibits your ability to take your job seriously, and also has the problem of being more relaxed, I object to the lace ups for other reasons, one being that laces do come loose and can be a safety problem. Today with velcro and zippers, we don't need laces.

Lace  up sports shoes are incredibly heavy for some feet and hard to walk in, plus not pretty! These zip boots are just perfect, and also slip-on, with no laces. You can also trip over straggly laces that come undone unawares.

• Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 1

Dear Lord, Lady Lydia is just batshit. I know I say that a lot but it’s damn true. Privacy ratings for clothes? The hell is she smoking? 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 10

I so want some of the shit she’s smoking. I’m in an airport right now on a 3 hour layover. I’m wearing a long sleeve shirt, jeggings, and Skechers. I fail on all counts. V neck with a hint of cleavage, pants, and shoes that might sabotage me. I live in the Deep South. Ain’t no way I’m wearing boots when it’s 95 degrees with 95% humidity. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have often reminded homemakers to avoid wearing flip flops or sandals in the workplace and instead opt for shoes or boots that cover toes, ankles and heels, protecting from spills in the kitchen or protection from getting hurt on furniture or other things.

? You have got to be kidding me. Your house is not a factory or a lab where there's a bunch of chemicals. You aren't working in an industrial kitchen. When you go through your house (hopefully) there's no risk that medical waste or something will puncture you. Come on now Lydia. 

Edited by DangerNoodle
  • Upvote 15

it's currently 90F here in the desert. I'm wearing shorts, a tank top, one bare foot and one moon boot. Tomorrow will be "dress up day" for church...I'll actually wear a bra and a shoe on my non-moon boot foot. 

Lydia can kiss my ass...I'll be scrubbing the bathtub later and plan to do it nekkid after my shower. It'd give her the vapours 

• Haha 10
  • Love 3

Lace up sport shoes are so awful and unsafe that marathon runners run 26.2 miles in them all the time.  Some even run 100 miles in them.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 15
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Lace up sport shoes are so awful and unsafe that marathon runners run 26.2 miles in them all the time.  Some even run 100 miles in them.

Yes, they're so horrible that my orthopedic doctor highly recommended putting one on my non moon boot foot to help with stability when I'm walking. The other doctor who operated on my foot recommended them to help with the plantar fascitis because of the heel cup support and arch support inside the shoe. And yes, I wear the non-cheap ones, Nike mostly. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

@feministxtian,  I have a pair of pink Nike Pegasus, 6.5 wide, that fit perfectly.  Unfortunately, there's a hole in the sole.  I recently bought a pair of Sauconys online for half price.  Saucony tends to have a wider toe box than other shoes so I can wear those.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

So what Lydia's saying is that we all need to go buy these tights:

a98578_leggings_2-mood.jpg.4cb9de753abb3dc774a04bb4a8ea179b.jpg

Though I have a feeling knee-length skirts wouldn't be quite "demure" enough for Our Lady of Perpetual Insanity.

• Haha 8
  • Love 7

If you have grown accustomed to bare skin being exposed all around you by women of all ages, and bareness of the most inappropriate areas of the body, this post may challenge you to change the way you dress or the way you think about clothing.

Erm, has she ever seen these photos of the FLOTUS she so esteems for her modest demeanor?

Melania-Trump-Nude-Pics-sexy-photos-3.jpg

Melania-Trump-Nude-Pics-sexy-photos-4.jpg

Melania-Trump-Nude-Pics-sexy-photos-15.jpg

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Haha 15

7 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Erm, has she ever seen these photos of the FLOTUS she so esteems for her modest demeanor?

Melania-Trump-Nude-Pics-sexy-photos-3.jpg

Melania-Trump-Nude-Pics-sexy-photos-4.jpg

Melania-Trump-Nude-Pics-sexy-photos-15.jpg

Are those real boobs?

• Confused 1

LpIWhoa there! You know earlier today I was literally thinking about how little I know of Melania Trump. (As I actively seek to ignore the presidency.)

?

Ok, next thread.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Dear Lady Lydia:

These are the heathen, unsafe shoes I'm wearing to church today.  Please ignore the spots on my right toes.  It's where an almost empty gallon paint can fell from the closet shelf onto my foot.  I also desperately need an evil pedicure where it is possible that a male nail technician will rub my feet and legs.

Sorry for offending you,

Dr. Wallysmommy, purveyor of all things blingy, wearer of flip flops, pants, sundresses, and tanktops.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2