IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

17 hours ago, Briefly said:

I know she's way out there, but this seems fairly harmless.

If she were just wandering around the fog in her fleece cape and not insulting everyone who doesn't meet her "standards", I'd be more apt to agree with you. I'm happy for her, or anyone else to cosplay all they like (please no bondage outfits in front of kids!), but Lady Lydia isn't happy unless we're all wearing doilies over our scoop neck shirts and dressing up like Victorian ladies as we evacuate natural disasters. My only hope is that she has a small audience she can influence. That might keep her almost harmless. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

If she were just wandering around the fog in her fleece cape and not insulting everyone who doesn't meet her "standards", I'd be more apt to agree with you. I'm happy for her, or anyone else to cosplay all they like (please no bondage outfits in front of kids!), but Lady Lydia isn't happy unless we're all wearing doilies over our scoop neck shirts and dressing up like Victorian ladies as we evacuate natural disasters. My only hope is that she has a small audience she can influence. That might keep her almost harmless. 

I agree, she is not harmless.  But my thought was that she has toned it down with this set of pictures, and probably for a reason.  She may be trying to convince someone (like FJ) that she's harmless or she may be trying to attract new followers.  She may be feeling stung by the comments she got regarding her fog pictures.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

@Briefly, it's interesting to think that she might be toning it down for whatever reason. LL's version of toned down is still pretty eccentric, isn't it? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Someday, when I'm bored stiff or have gone off my own rocker, I'm going to the Walmart where Lady Lydia shops and hang around in the fabric department.  

Ima try to scare the shit out of her by dressing in her fog wear, popping up here and there between the aisles and using a tiny fog machine to make things authentic.

I'll probably get arrested but it will be worth it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 31

On 4/9/2019 at 4:52 PM, Carol said:

Someday, when I'm bored stiff or have gone off my own rocker, I'm going to the Walmart where Lady Lydia shops and hang around in the fabric department.  

Ima try to scare the shit out of her by dressing in her fog wear, popping up here and there between the aisles and using a tiny fog machine to make things authentic.

I'll probably get arrested but it will be worth it.

I think we here at FJ could come up with your bail if necessary.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 6

Ladies, if you wear  t-shirts, jeans and sneakers, your kids and grandkids  won't learn to understand colors. Because t-shirts only come in one color.

kuva.png.1eb904436d9ca4d48706b972242cbbd6.png

She justifies so much. I mean, she does seem to sew a new dress for herself every other day and can't possibly wear them all in her life. But so what, all she needed to say is she likes sewing and  that would be fine. Everyone can have a hobby. But no, of course there must be something wrong with women who don't want as many new dresses as she does.

• Upvote 22
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Checks array of brightly coloured t-shirts...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

She justifies so much. I mean, she does seem to sew a new dress for herself every other day and can't possibly wear them all in her life. But so what, all she needed to say is she likes sewing and  that would be fine. Everyone can have a hobby. But no, of course there must be something wrong with women who don't want as many new dresses as she does.

One would think someone who enjoyed sewing so much would take the time to learn how to set in a sleeve properly.  The sleeves on her dresses always look like crap; they aren't even the same on both sides. Lydia, if you are reading here, you need to make two rows of basting stitch from one notch to the other along the sleeve cap, one right on the seam line and another just inside that line in the seam allowance. Then, pull both to create the ease, making sure the gathers are evenly spaced from one end of the basting to the other. And that's basting as in setting the stitch length on your machine to 6 stitches per inch, not hand-basting.

No, I don't sew. I have the time and the money to do so but I don't enjoy it. And I have, from my career days, enough dresses to last me, if not the rest of my life, for at least the next 10 years or so. My jeans are all very close to needing replacement, though.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Funny graphic tees are the bees knees.

I got these two for my daughter's birthday, she's been wearing them non-stop:

empire_fullpic_artwork.jpg

mordor_fullpic.png

Also, just for Lady Foghorn of Dollar Tree, here's my ultra-feminine new underwear from Tomboy X (cannot recommend them highly enough, FABULOUS and so comfy):

EssentialsBra_WT_OrangeOctopus_1_1000x.jpg

9InBoxerbrief_WT_OrangeOctopus_1_1000x.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

On 4/8/2019 at 3:45 PM, Leftitinmysnood said:

*Gets popcorn and settles down for monsoonal moisture fashion and on-coming ridge of high pressure fashion.*

I can guaran-effing-tee you she will not be modeling her underwear for "heat wave fashion".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

One would think someone who enjoyed sewing so much would take the time to learn how to set in a sleeve properly.  The sleeves on her dresses always look like crap; they aren't even the same on both sides. Lydia, if you are reading here, you need to make two rows of basting stitch from one notch to the other along the sleeve cap, one right on the seam line and another just inside that line in the seam allowance. Then, pull both to create the ease, making sure the gathers are evenly spaced from one end of the basting to the other. And that's basting as in setting the stitch length on your machine to 6 stitches per inch, not hand-basting.

No, I don't sew. I have the time and the money to do so but I don't enjoy it. And I have, from my career days, enough dresses to last me, if not the rest of my life, for at least the next 10 years or so. My jeans are all very close to needing replacement, though.

For someone who doesn't enjoy sewing, you're very good at explaining it! (Better than some pattern instructions I've dealt with, haha). What on earth is she doing, if she's not making double rows of basting stitches for easing the sleeve? Is she hand-basting all devil-may-care and leaving puckers?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I can guaran-effing-tee you she will not be modeling her underwear for "heat wave fashion".

But has she ever posted her version of correct hurricane escape fashion?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

But has she ever posted her version of correct hurricane escape fashion?

I think it looks like this:

Spoiler

image.png.22086007eb314e487b19644f5320e863.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Funny graphic tees are the bees knees.

I got these two for my daughter's birthday, she's been wearing them non-stop:

empire_fullpic_artwork.jpg

mordor_fullpic.png

Also, just for Lady Foghorn of Dollar Tree, here's my ultra-feminine new underwear from Tomboy X (cannot recommend them highly enough, FABULOUS and so comfy):

EssentialsBra_WT_OrangeOctopus_1_1000x.jpg

9InBoxerbrief_WT_OrangeOctopus_1_1000x.jpg

Love the top two, but I have to admit I don't understand what's so funny about the octopuses.  Will I regret it if I google "octopus on under ware"?

@LisaferThank you for showing the fashion I'm wearing today as we await the line of thunderstorms and severe weather that's crossing through Louisiana and moving eastward.  Schools are closed and state offices are shut down.  I'm wearing a dress very similar to the pink one on the right, so that if my home is affected, the rescuers will be assured that I am properly attired, and they can admire my sense of fashion, and my modesty.

For real, I did take a shower and put on clean clothes because my grandmother and mother always told me, make sure you have on clean underwear with no holes so if you end up in the ER, you won't be embarrassed.  Sorry, Lady Lydia, if you get in an accident, the first responders and ER staff don't care what kind of clothes you're wearing, they're probably going to cut them off of you.  

• Upvote 13

6 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

@LisaferThank you for showing the fashion I'm wearing today as we await the line of thunderstorms and severe weather that's crossing through Louisiana and moving eastward.  Schools are closed and state offices are shut down.  I'm wearing a dress very similar to the pink one on the right, so that if my home is affected, the rescuers will be assured that I am properly attired, and they can admire my sense of fashion, and my modesty.

For real, I did take a shower and put on clean clothes because my grandmother and mother always told me, make sure you have on clean underwear with no holes so if you end up in the ER, you won't be embarrassed.  Sorry, Lady Lydia, if you get in an accident, the first responders and ER staff don't care what kind of clothes you're wearing, they're probably going to cut them off of you.  

And you do have the parasol, correct? If you don't go out in a thunderstorm with a parasol held above your head to attract the lightning, I'm afraid I must question your Godliness!

• Haha 13

42 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Love the top two, but I have to admit I don't understand what's so funny about the octopuses.  Will I regret it if I google "octopus on under ware"?

I don’t think the octo undies are meant to be funny, per se, just charming ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, Lisafer said:

For someone who doesn't enjoy sewing, you're very good at explaining it! (Better than some pattern instructions I've dealt with, haha). What on earth is she doing, if she's not making double rows of basting stitches for easing the sleeve? Is she hand-basting all devil-may-care and leaving puckers?

Either hand-basting or just being sloppy when she sets the sleeve. Lots of people don't bother with that second row of basting inside the seam allowance. I didn't, when I was 13 and sewing all my own clothes. But eventually I learned a lot of techniques that are essential if one wishes to avoid what one sewing instructor called "that fireside look".  I know how to sew, I just don't enjoy it and I'm no longer so poor that I have to sew. Back in the day, before there were  sweatshops clothing factories all over the world, ready-made clothing was expensive.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Flossie said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear - they're not funny, just cute IMO.  I shared them because they're the total antithesis of what Lady McFog would consider feminine.  :)  (and they're an awesome company that supports LGBT causes - the whole reason the founders started it was to produce comfortable, well-made, gender-neutral undies)

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I caught up on this thread yesterday and today, had never heard of Lady Lydia before, but I’m going to have to do a deep dive now.  Anyone know what’s up with all the umbrellas?  Is this a new thing to go with her weather fashion line, or has she always been obsessed with using them as photo props- or does she actually carry them all the time for real?  It’s just...  seems like an awful lot of umbrellas, lmao.  Especially for someone with no particular time-obligations to leave the house- like if it’s raining, she could just wait an hour for the rain to die down to run her errands.  I’ve never had more than 1-2 umbrellas at a time, I rarely use them, and when I do, I GNF if it matches my outfit or not.

Im kind of obsessed with her fog fashion that’s apparently just home-made snuggies.  Lord knows I myself enjoy pushing the boundaries of where it’s acceptable to wear a bathrobe (over pajamas if I’m going out in my yard in the morning.).  Many of my coworkers utilize actual blankets in the office.  I think fog fashion might be the excuse we’ve all been waiting for to wear snuggies 100% of the time.  I’m all in.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

36 minutes ago, Spanger said:

Anyone know what’s up with all the umbrellas?  I

Lady Lydia has a very odd idea about what is Victorian fashion. She likes to think that as she parades around with her little umbrellas she looks just like women did in Victorian times. She is big on the idea that you can look like a high class Victorian lady by buying stuff at the Dollar Tree. 

She truly views herself as Lady Lydia. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Yeah she makes a lot of clothes. That's just an observation, not a criticism. That's a perfectly good hobby.

But I want to see Lady Lydia's reaction to a minimalist YouTuber. Or even some French fashion YouTubers who talk about buying classic pieces to hand down to the next generation. People are trying to pare down their wardrobes and avoid clutter these days. I bet she would hate that. 

• Upvote 13

You know, I love getting new clothes, including dresses. 

Just not the type of dresses Lady Lydia wears. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Lady Lydia wouldn’t have liked my great grandmother although she was born in 1913 and never wore pants a day in her life. Because my grandma had house dresses. The horror! She sewed most of her clothing and all of her house dresses. They were made of cheap fabric she likely got on sale. They were the dresses she would garden, bake, and clean in all day long. She wore them until they were thread bare and then turned them into rags. She was married at the height of the depression. So yeah, she’s not going to buy or make a bunch of new clothing when she has perfectly good clothing in her closet. And even the rich women in the Victorian era didn’t have as many different dresses as Lady Lydia! If you want a shit ton of dresses, fine. But not everyone wants new new new. I get a weird satisfaction when I wear something out. I guess I feel like I got my money’s worth and it’s better for the environment. Even though LL would find my clothing to be completely horrible. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3