IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

I don't see Lydia taking up knitting/crocheting slipcovers for trucks but if she got a good price on some flowered percale at JoAnn's or Walmart, stand back. She might even slipcover her husband.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...

Checking in with Lydia and she has created Fog Fashion. 

I am not trying to set myself up as any brilliant creator of a fashion season, but I have not yet seen the popular, promoted, big-name fashion designers create fog fashion. There is a great need for regional fashion for ladies and gentlemen. I do not believe there are just four seasons. Observe and you will detect the other "seasons" like fog season!  And, any of these that involve inclement weather can be flipped around in a very exciting way when you create special times in the home.

I like to create a fog cape and go for a walk outside with a lantern, with Mr. S. in tow, just in case I get in some sort of a conundrum.

I wonder what the neighbors think when they see Lydia strolling around like this carrying a lantern. 

Spoiler

cape9.JPG

I'm pretty sure all the fog in her pictures is photoshopped despite her claim of it being real. 

These photos were taken in the thick fog of that season long ago, and we have not had such a strong fog season since, so that is why I didn't keep up with fog fashion. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 17
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Checking in with Lydia and she has created Fog Fashion. 

I wonder what the neighbors think when they see Lydia strolling around like this carrying a lantern. 

Hide contents

cape9.JPG

I'm pretty sure all the fog in her pictures is photoshopped despite her claim of it being real. 

I am rolling on the floor right now. Is that a Snuggie?! ???

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

Not sure why you couldn't wear your regular clothing in foggy weather  but okay. 

image.png.7d9a293f012a24f60cbd90fe39e30160.png

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6

Oh, Lydia!  I've always suspected she's in a perpetual fog, and there we have it! 

with Mr. S. in tow, just in case I get in some sort of a conundrum.

A conundrum?  Like when JillRod was doing a live shot and a dangerous critter or serial killer suddenly rustled in the bushes?  I'm glad Mr. S keeps Lydia conundrum-proof.  ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

Silly, practical me thought that "fog fashion" was going to involve some sort of high-vis fabric and reflectors, which is all I'm really worried about when I'm in fog, but okay...

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Jesus Christ, Lydia looks like a right nutter in that blanket. There’s no such thing as fog fashion, Lydia. Having googled, some areas do have a “fog season”, but there’s no need for a whole new fashion range. That’s the reason designers haven’t cottoned on. It’s just an excuse for her to wrap a blanket round herself and go for a walk holding a lantern, like she’s trying to be some weird lost maiden in a Victorian novel. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

This is brilliant! Hehe fog fashion! I was expecting to see a Christian version of Miss Haversham until I saw the photos. She is quite younger than I imagined. ☺

• Upvote 3

Didn’t she concoct some kind of “fog tea” way back when?

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Not sure why you couldn't wear your regular clothing in foggy weather  but okay. 

image.png.7d9a293f012a24f60cbd90fe39e30160.png

Well obviously one never needs one's arms during fog season.

52 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Jesus Christ, Lydia looks like a right nutter in that blanket. There’s no such thing as fog fashion, Lydia. Having googled, some areas do have a “fog season”, but there’s no need for a whole new fashion range. That’s the reason designers haven’t cottoned on. It’s just an excuse for her to wrap a blanket round herself and go for a walk holding a lantern, like she’s trying to be some weird lost maiden in a Victorian novel. 

Wait, what did I just say about arms?  How does one hold a lantern while wearing a snuggie?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

Just the other day, I heard two young ladies talking about how they have nothing to wear as they perambulate at daybreak this spring. Thank goodness for the forthcoming fog collection, wherever fine goods are sold. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

There are so many places we can go with fog fashion.  What about a freezing rain fashion line?  The signature piece could be the precipitation poncho.

image.thumb.png.984f370378676a21086cccfa2eff55b3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 2

Fog fashion!  What a fabulous idea!  I will take a walk in low light and poor visibility while wearing *pastel purple* !  I will be sure to swing my lantern at all of the cars that nearly run me over. Wait, let’s call it Fog Camouflage!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, catlady said:

Wait, let’s call it Fog Camouflage!!

CamoFog!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • Love 4

Maybe the fogwear is because you can't find your regular clothing in the fog. 

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Didn’t she concoct some kind of “fog tea” way back when?

I don't know, but Stash Tea has a version that I would 100% bet is better than anything Lady Lydia could make.

• Upvote 3

Lydia follows big name fashion designers? Then how does she not know there are more than four seasons in fashion? 

• Haha 5

This bit of fog fashion looks like a nightie and sleep bonnet from the Dickens era.

image.thumb.png.085ebd8bc01de84202795b746fc23fe9.png

Edited by pook
riffles
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Hang on, in the based-on-true-story, Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie,  teenage Abbie Burgess managed to keep a lighthouse going by herself, but Miss Lydia needs her husband along in case she creates a situation out of thin air? What happened to old-fashioned women who could solve problems themselves?

Also, we lack real old-fashioned fog, but climate change is made-up.

Edited by Leftitinmysnood
More words
  • Upvote 9

On 12/30/2018 at 8:40 AM, formergothardite said:

Oh come on Lydia! You are hardly the only one who lives in rural farm areas! You are acting like women who work on farms are devoid of all nice things and walk into your house amazed that a wealthy lady  is letting them have the luxury of sitting in her parlor sipping tea. This isn't the 1800's Lydia and you aren't a wealthy land owner letting the poor get a glimpse of your life of luxury. 

"She came allllll the way from Paris, France. Don't touch her!" 

Nellie.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 4

Here Lyd's fangirl questions Kate Middleton's morality (?) but approves of her coat.  :huh:

Does she even know who she is talking about?  "this particular young woman" as in this particular wife to the heir of the British throne.

image.thumb.png.b2284b5ea3fc32066fc6719748aec5a7.png

• Confused 3
  • WTF 13
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, pook said:

Here Lyd's fangirl questions Kate Middleton's morality (?)

Does she even know who she is talking about?  "this particular young woman" as in this particular wife to the heir of the British throne.

Aside from not having a no-touch courtship and engagement, what precisely has the Duchess of Cambridge done that negates her moral example?  (yeah, Lady Lydia and her ilk are probably so uptight that this is probably it....)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, catlady said:

Aside from not having a no-touch courtship and engagement, what precisely has the Duchess of Cambridge done that negates her moral example?  (yeah, Lady Lydia and her ilk are probably so uptight that this is probably it....)

right?  let's talk morality:

image.png.8b4db6e46dafbd148998ff8c8968179f.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, pook said:

right?  let's talk morality:

image.png.8b4db6e46dafbd148998ff8c8968179f.png

Oh, but Kate Middleton and Price Will lived together in sin for a time. I am sure Melania saved herself for marriage.

• Haha 25