IGNORED

Lady Lydia: Still Living in an Alternate Universe

danvillebelle

This was too good not to share.

She and her husband are on a road trip.  Apparently, she has been isolated in her shabby chic alternate reality for so long that:

1. She didn't know speed limits went up to 70.

2. She didn't realize cities are crowded places.

3. She doesn't seem to understand that tea rooms aren't as plentiful as fast food restaurants.

4. She forgot that you have to push buttons in an elevator to make it move.  :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

https://homeliving.blogspot.com/

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 3

She's here in Nevada. She'll shit bricks if they end up down here in LV. Her head just might explode!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

And she didn't change her dress for three states!  Even though she had decided every state had its own mood and required a different dress.

She's on a 9 state road trip with hubs because he wanted to take his "trophy wife" (her words) to his high school reunion.  He is 75 but she is so much younger.  Chronologically, that is.  I would love to be a fly on the wall at that reunion.

Lady Lydia never fails us sartorially but she seems to have temporarily discarded pink floral dresses for checks.   She bought a $9 rayon red-and-black checked dress from Walmart and made herself a black-and-white checked dress, with matching hat, for the trip.  She looks like a table cloth in one and kitchen curtains in the other.

In other news, LL has painted a bathtub pink, put up a white vinyl arbor, and wants foreigners to know that money and politics are private issues in the good old US of A.  Don't ask!

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 11

"When you live in a small town, the elevator automatically goes to the 2nd floor as soon as the door slides such. But there are now 4 and 5 and 6 storey hotels now."

Quick, nobody tell her about the Willis Tower or some of the hotels she drove past when they drove past Reno and she got scared. 110-stories will blow her tiny little mind.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 13

Oh Lydia, so fussy and just plain weird for so very long. I do wonder what the high school reunion attendees are going to think of her, to be a fly on the wall! Will she wax rhapsodic about the manse? Vent on the lack of tea houses along American highways? Critique women for wearing shorts ((who can forget her comments on the Katrina evacuees and their slovenly dress?!)

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2

This picture is for anyone who is concerned about crowded neighborhoods. There is still plenty of room.

Anyone have a fundie bingo card on them? I do believe this is one of the squares....

I didn't have time to make the fancy dress and hat for Area 51, so I got another Time and Tru dress, which I will show you tomorrow. 

Wait, what the actual hell? Is Lady Lydia or the mister a conspiracy/UFO person? Because that would make a lot of sense...

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

I read her entry from Sunday about the Oregon Trail and planning their trip. Here's a picture of their planned route:IMG_20181006_120504930.jpg.0225bcec2b4e3ac5996cc81c4081faf6.jpg

Then she says:

This road trip is a big circle, as you can see. Just follow from Oregon across California and down to New Mexico, then up again and around. 

There will be nary a freeway for us, as Mr. S. is planning an old towns of  America itinery and he likes the old highways because his Dad took his family on road trips on the original highways. (my bold)

I'm pretty sure the marked route includes freeway through southern Idaho, at least. Probably some other states as well. :kitty-shifty:

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
hit submit too soon
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

I’ve read some about this lady but wtaf is her back story? Like I dont get it.

There really isn't a big back story besides that she created her own fictional fundie world that she rarely leaves. She has dropped by her once but didn't answer questions. You know how kids can wrap up in an old sheet and pretend they look just like a princess? Well that is what Lydia does, except with cheap things from Walmart and the Dollar Tree. She pretends she is the upper class during Victorian times and smugly looks down on the rest of us who are in the real world. 

1 hour ago, applejack said:

When you live in a small town, the elevator automatically goes to the 2nd floor as soon as the door slides such. But there are now 4 and 5 and 6 storey hotels now."

I live in a small town. Our town hall is only two stories and I still have to push the elevator button to go to the second floor. I wonder if this trip stressed her husband out as much as she claims or did he settle for tea at the hotel because she was in hysterics and he didn't want to deal with taking her out in public. 

We did have a tea room but it closed because everyone drinks iced tea around here. 

• Upvote 26
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one who takes snacks beyond cheese and crackers and tea on a long road trip??

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 11

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

You know how kids can wrap up in an old sheet and pretend they look just like a princess? Well that is what Lydia does, except with cheap things from Walmart and the Dollar Tree.

:clap:  

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I read her entry from Sunday about the Oregon Trail and planning their trip. Here's a picture of their planned route:IMG_20181006_120504930.jpg.0225bcec2b4e3ac5996cc81c4081faf6.jpg

Then she says:

I'm pretty sure the marked route includes freeway through southern Idaho, at least. Probably some other states as well. :kitty-shifty:

Yeah that's I-25 through Colorado and NM, so Ft. Collins, a tiny town called Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Albuquerque.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 3

That is a great description of Lady Lydia, @formergothardite!  

I will say that at least she spelled "storey" (referring to the floors of a building) correctly.  Few people do anymore, but that could be partly due to autocorrect.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

You know how kids can wrap up in an old sheet and pretend they look just like a princess? Well that is what Lydia does, except with cheap things from Walmart and the Dollar Tree. She pretends she is the upper class during Victorian times and smugly looks down on the rest of us who are in the real world. 

This is the best short description of a person I have ever read. It's so on-point that it has somehow superseded my previous mental image of her as a bargain basement Dolores Umbridge.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Then she says:

New Mexico for sure. Looks like they're going straight down I-25 to pick up I-10 in Las Cruces through Arizona. Maybe not I-10; looks like they're going to take that weird cutoff through Deming and Lordsburg at Hatch that'll put them near Tuscon and put them on I-10 there. Weird route, because there's literally nothing there but desert, tumbleweeds, and shitty little towns until you get to Tuscon.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

That is a great description of Lady Lydia, @formergothardite!  

I will say that at least she spelled "storey" (referring to the floors of a building) correctly.  Few people do anymore, but that could be partly due to autocorrect.

Now I thought Lydia was being pretentious and using British spelling.  Storey gets a wavy red underline in my spell check.  (I almost always have it on because I still slip into British spelling quite easily. )

@formergothardite, pretty much nailed Lady Lydia, but that description doesn't cover how genuinely nasty she can be.   Every time I start to feel a little sorry for her I have to remind myself of her more poisonous posts.  Not just the Katrina one, but the anti-education, anti=women, anti-everything that doesn't fit her view of feminine posts.

@MsSaylor, Lady Lydia Sherman (not to be confused with Lydia Sherman the serial killer  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Sherman.) is a founder (along with Jennie Chauncey) and long-term poster at Ladies against Feminism. 

She is a pastor's wife in her late 50s, IIRC.  Other than painting things pink, embellishing her home, and moaning about the state of the world she does very little ministering.  She may have ladies to tea occasionally but that is it.  She also seems to be estranged from two of her children. 

Someone did an expose on her once although I don't know how true it is - here! 

https://homelivin.wordpress.com/2009/03/04/lady-lydia-does-not-practise-what-she-preaches/

I have never checked all those details, but Lydia's own blog demonstrates that she is as nasty as the day is long.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

Perhaps her husband just tells her made-up tales about travelling through  quaint Americana so she doesn't completely lose her shit about 4 level freeways and the lack of stagecoach stops. It would certainly seem easier.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

She's also quite excited about plums.

My senses seem to take wings and fly with the fuel of euphoria when I stand under a tree and look up at the fruit.  It is an experience I share with my visitors that use those guest rooms.

We had not been on an elevator in such a long time (in our town there is usually only one or two levels (storeys) in the commercial buildings), that we stood inside and talked for 15 minutes after the door shut, before it occurred to us to push the button to go to the 2nd level.

If this is true and it really took 15 minutes for them to realize that the elevator wasn't moving I don't think they should be driving anymore.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

LOL, reminds me of the line from the movie A League of Their Own,  " See, the way it works is, the train moves, not the stations."

• Haha 13
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

If this is true and it really took 15 minutes for them to realize that the elevator wasn't moving I don't think they should be driving anymore.

And think of the poor people waiting for the elevator!

I don't think Lydia knows how to drive.  Or if she can drive she doesn't.  Driving your own car would be unfeminine, and not submissive and dependent enough.

I spent a long time relating to Lydia as though she was a tottering octogenarian until someone corrected me.   In fact the old fart is several years younger than me.  She gives everyone over 50 a bad name! :D

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

I've been in some white-knuckle urban driving situations, but Reno ain't one of them. Wait til she has to make an interchange in Chicago or NYC. During rush hour. 

And I've been in plenty of two-story* buildings in plenty of small towns and never seen an elevator that didn't require you to push a button.

I have to think that she's feigning at least some of her helplessness and terror. If not, she needs serious psychiatric treatment.

* @Palimpsest @PennySycamore "story" is actually the correct spelling in US English. Lydia is just trying to be British.

• Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I have to think that she's feigning at least some of her helplessness and terror. If not, she needs serious psychiatric treatment.

* @Palimpsest @PennySycamore "story" is actually the correct spelling in US English. Lydia is just trying to be British.

I'm not terribly familier with this woman's blog, but yeah, either she's making some of it up or she needs help. Or both...

She thinks an awful lot of herself and her Walmart clothes. I wear Walmart clothes all the time, but I didn't know that made me special. :laughing-rollingred:

• Upvote 7