IGNORED

Erin and Chad 4: Hoping She Loses the Polka Dot Cape

Coconut Flan

This and the fact that Erin probably doesn't know what's in nail polish, I dare to assume it's a drugstore brand which usually has very toxic components for everyone, specially a toddler. I'm a medical student and recently saw a little girl in the ER because of an infection in her face caused by ordinary nail polish (she rubbed her nails in her eyes). Certain components such as triphenyl phosphate, phtalate, lead, formaldehyde and toluene can cause allergic reactions, infections and have carcinogens.
This is why my mother only allowed play makeup when I was a little girl. She was a cosmetologist and knew the dangers. I wasn't allowed to wear real nail polish until I was 12.
  • Upvote 6

I remember I had some kid-friendly, peel off nail polish when I was a kid. I loved it and was allowed to do my own nails because I could easily peel off the parts that got on my skin (clothes, floor, table, etc.). I also was probably closer to 10 or 12 when I started wearing real nail polish.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I used to be a nanny and the kid that I watched loved to get pedicures. She was 4-7 when I watched her and she'd go about once/month to get her nails done. She never got a manicure as a) she had a penchant for biting her nails and b) they chip so quickly and her mom thought it was a waste of money. 

• Upvote 1

So I had two girls, and was expecting my third. My husband fell asleep on the sofa one afternoon, and they painted his toenails. Well of course that would be the day I went into labor. We show up at the birth center, my midwife notices my husband's polished toes in flip-flops, and says "Nice nails, Dad!" ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 27
  • Love 1

Its Erin and Chads 5th anniversary.

Not about anniversary, but i noticed last couple od weeks Erin slightley changed her clothing style to the better. She was like a little Kelly clone, and last weeks she's dressing more up to her age. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I thought she's been looking a bit more... modern? hip? (those words make me sound old lol). Like Whitney went clothes shopping with Erin and then did her hair and make up. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Its Erin and Chads 5th anniversary.

Not about anniversary, but i noticed last couple od weeks Erin slightley changed her clothing style to the better. She was like a little Kelly clone, and last weeks she's dressing more up to her age. 

Has she changed her hair colour to an ashy blonde? rather than a yellow golden blonde. (Sorry not a hairdresser)... or is it the filter she has used. If it’s a colour change, I am not a massive fan of it. I always thought her hair dye/lightening  choice was nice. The styling not my taste. 

Sigh, ugly beliefs aside. I have always had a bit of a fascination with Erin  from her Ellie May clampett days. 

She really is such a pretty girl and I (personally) have always thought she dressed to old and frumpy for her age. 

I know big hair is a thing where she is but I find it quite aging... 

Even when Alyssa goes to high too...

There was one photo (a beach one I think) where Erin’s hair was not so big and it was lovely. It was early in their marriage. 

Three kids and her personal style sometimes I forget how young she is... 

i wonder what she thinks of her sister’s style? who I hate to say I do actually like. 

I watched an old Oprah segment (nineties I think) where two daughters got that Mother on for a make over because she had been doing the same beehive hair do for the last thirty years.... that will be Brookey and Evie abs however many other daughters. Old habits die hard. 

I would love to see an Erin makeover day. 

• Upvote 3

Her hair looks a lot better like this than it did when she was only curly the bottom part of it. That was never a good look. 

• Upvote 5

that first picture looks like Katie is kissing Chad. I guess now that Josie colors and cuts all of their hair the resemblance is even more noticeable. Erin/Katie/Josie all look very similar to me, but Katie/Erin have a stronger jawline.

All beautiful girls, though. Sometimes I wish my parents had more kids just because genetics and inherited traits are so interesting

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

“Or the night when you held me tight after my friend got killed.”

What an odd thing to drop into your anniversary post and strange phrasing. I wonder how her friend was killed and now it’s all I’m thinking about.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

I think it was the friend who Lawson also shared who had three kids and a wife? Again very sad story but yes very weird to add in an anniversary post. 

• Upvote 3

I think the phrasing is weird because she’s writing it for public consumption. If it was in a personal card to Chad, it would probably say “when you held me all night after Julie died” or whatever. But she has to phrase it as “friend got killed” to make it so her public audience will understand. (No idea of friend’s actual name btw, ‘Juliet is placeholder name!).

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 11/6/2018 at 10:29 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Was "held me tight during difficult times" not an option?

But then how could we know just how very tragic it was? :P

• Upvote 4

Does anyone know off hand how far apart her pregnancies are, and if it's time for another, based on that timeline.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Still have a free arm said:

Does anyone know off hand how far apart her pregnancies are, and if it's time for another, based on that timeline.

According to Duggar Data, they should be on track to announce a pregnancy on April 21st if they stick to their current trend.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 11/3/2018 at 1:23 PM, Casserole said:

Sometimes I wish my parents had more kids just because genetics and inherited traits are so interesting

I have 2 kids and I'm done, but sometimes I think it would be fascinating to have more and discover how they would look, how their personalities/tastes would be, etc. But then I remember night feedings, tantrums and school expenses and I remember why am I done haha.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

On 10/31/2018 at 12:01 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

I remember I had some kid-friendly, peel off nail polish when I was a kid. I loved it and was allowed to do my own nails because I could easily peel off the parts that got on my skin (clothes, floor, table, etc.). I also was probably closer to 10 or 12 when I started wearing real nail polish.

@front hugs > duggs Was it Tinkerbell brand? That's the one I loved!

• I Agree 3

On 11/7/2018 at 8:54 PM, Still have a free arm said:

About 15 months between Carson and Brooklyn.Almost 20 months between Brooklyn and Everly.

• Thank You 1

On 10/12/2018 at 1:07 PM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

This reminds me of the rainbow crossings/walkways back in Australia that people did in support of the LGBT community when we voted last year whether to legalise gay marriage.

I am sure Cherin are delighted their house is sending out a supportive message to the LGBT community!

It reminded me immediately of the rainbow footpaths here in Aus as well!!

• Upvote 1

I am waiting for one where they can make Brooklyn smile.  I know she's a tough child for them but never smiling in photos? 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic