IGNORED

Erin and Chad 4: Hoping She Loses the Polka Dot Cape

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I am waiting for one where they can make Brooklyn smile.  I know she's a tough child for them but never smiling in photos? 

Erin has posted photos of her smiling. Most recently is a post from October where they had a picnic and the rainbow walkway post (second photo both kids are smiling.)

My daughter is a very happy kid, but she doesn’t like posed photos very much and doesn’t normally smile for those. Candid shots are another story entirely - I’ve gotten so many great photos of her smiling when she’s just doing her own thing. I’d guess Brooklyn might be similar to my daughter in that sense.  

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Smiling is hard. I do not hold Brookies grumpy face automatically against her parents. I think Erin and Chad are sweet by nature, and if she a little of fusser and a do it my way kid. I think it is just different than Erin’s bubbliness,especially after Carson. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I am waiting for one where they can make Brooklyn smile.  I know she's a tough child for them but never smiling in photos? 

Allie Jane didn't use to smile in pictures as a baby or toddler and some people said a lot of uncomfortable things about her. 

Some kids don't like pictures. A prefer a serious face than a forced fake smile.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

That photo Erin posted on Instagram in the car where Brooklyn is half ways cropped out and Carson is front and center pretty much sums everything up. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That photo Erin posted on Instagram in the car where Brooklyn is half ways cropped out and Carson is front and center pretty much sums everything up. 

Lol I just saw it.

• Haha 3

From Josie's Instagram story. Doesnt this go against their modesty rules? Brooklyn looks adorable and I wouldn't think twice if it was anyone else posting, but shouldnt a family that is so outspoken about modesty rules actually follow their own rules?

Screenshot_20181121-190334_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

There's also this post: 

Erin has posted several pics of Carson in diapers, so maybe she doesn't care that much about modesty for little kids. That would be really refreshing. At least Brookie isn't being forced to wear leggings for modestly like Anna Duggar's girls are. 

It may be that Erin has stuck to skirts-only more out of the biblical injunction to dress according to your gender than for modesty. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
too many words
  • Upvote 6

Brook wears pants and leggings sometimes, so the skirts only is not a thing for Erin's toddlers.

I personally find untidy wearing diapers with a dress, and I would put a nice diaper cover (I don't know the English word, it's like underwear but with a nice print/colour, so it matches the dress). 

Also I don't understand wearing winter boots with naked legs and a spring/summer flowered dress. Was Brook dressing herself? In that case, that's right.

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

59 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Brook wears pants and leggings sometimes, so the skirts only is not a thing for Erin's toddlers.

I personally find untidy wearing diapers with a dress, and I would put a nice diaper cover (I don't know the English word, it's like underwear but with a nice print/colour, so it matches the dress). 

Also I don't understand wearing winter boots with naked legs and a spring/summer flowered dress. Was Brook dressing herself? In that case, that's right.

Have we seen Brookie in just pants/leggings and a shirt though? I do remember her wearing pants once, but it was under a pretty long tunic.  I think as long as the hips/bottom area is covered with a skirt-like thing they may still consider themselves skirts-only. 

ETA: I did find this of a much younger Brooklyn in pants/leggings, and Everly has been shown in similar clothes. But in anything older of Brooklyn she's always wearing some kind of dress-like top, so I wonder if Erin's standards for babies are different than older toddlers? 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They're called bloomers! But also we use cloth diapers so sometimes it's truly a diaper cover and not just decorative.

By the way, it almost surprises me that more of these fundies don't use cloth diapers, it'd be so economical with all those kids. I remember Jill Dill tried for a second and failed.

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, freethemall said:

They're called bloomers! But also we use cloth diapers so sometimes it's truly a diaper cover and not just decorative.

By the way, it almost surprises me that more of these fundies don't use cloth diapers, it'd be so economical with all those kids. I remember Jill Dill tried for a second and failed.

To use them would require effort and forethought.... 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

I spy some jealousy towards Alyssa in these post. 

Thats just what I thought too.  SHe posts this with that perfect picture comment after Alyssa posts a perfect picture. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I don’t see any shade or jealousy. If anything, Erin may be mimicking another of Alyssa’s recent posts:

It’s a sentiment that most parents with young kids could probably relate to well, it’s likely a genuine enough statement for both of the families, and it helps them appear more relatable to their target audience. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

She might mean it jokingly but it comes off as kind of bitter.

Yeah, I agree. 

Erin seems like someone very......image conscious and the type to be frustrated when she can't get the insta perfect picture.

• Upvote 10

On 11/17/2018 at 11:27 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

As someone who is rubbish at getting everyone "in" the selfie, I would usually give the benefit of the doubt, especially with Brooklyn being younger than Carson (ie: not as much understanding of directions/ability to "pose" for the picture yet. I know it is easier to get selfies with my niece who is a few weeks older than Carson age than my niece who is a month younger than Brooklyn), but with the history of favouritism that seems to be shown towards Carson.....

• I Agree 4

22 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Yeah, I agree. 

Erin seems like someone very......image conscious and the type to be frustrated when she can't get the insta perfect picture.

It wasn't just Alyssa, from what Ive seen around, Zach/Whit and Carlin also posted posed pictures. So I agree she may have been feeling the pressure for that 'picture perfect' shot and feeling frustrated she didn't manage it

I don’t think Erin values the „perfect family instagram photo“ as much Alyssa and Whitney (CarVan are a totally different league). She has posted many out of focus/messy photos. But I do think she is very concerned with her family’s appearance in real life. Hence leaving Brocklyn behind as she seems to be more strong willed than Carson.

• Upvote 8

I didn't really read the Thanksgiving pic as bitter. I thought she was just trying to have a sense of humor about typical little kid photo woes.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

This week in Weird Things My Brain Ponders at Night - I had a dream that I smoked pot with Chad. :pb_lol: Like, it was super weird. He worked with me and asked if I was going on a smoke break, and when I said I didn't smoke cigarettes he's like "No, bud. I never get to anymore."

fucking bizarre. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

On 11/24/2018 at 5:23 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I think it's also trying to seem relatable #MomLife and all.

I do think that many people get frustrated when they can't get the perfect picture for social media. I find myself wondering why my cats won't be the picture perfect cats of instagram and are instead demons. But I don't truly need a perfect picture of my cats, it's just a perfectionist streak.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think it's also trying to seem relatable #MomLife and all.

I do think that many people get frustrated when they can't get the perfect picture for social media. I find myself wondering why my cats won't be the picture perfect cats of instagram and are instead demons. But I don't truly need a perfect picture of my cats, it's just a perfectionist streak.

We do a Christmas card every year. The first year was easy because we just picked a professional photo from our wedding. The second year I used treats to pose my dog in front of the tree and that was easy too - though they didn’t get sent because my daughter decided six weeks was too long to wait to be born. :pb_rollseyes: 

But years three and four? Those have been tough. Last year I had a dog and an almost 1 year old to work with. I managed to get that done on my own - one photo of each kid in front of the tree, plus one of them together.

This year we have the dog and an almost 2 year old who is incredibly mobile and a tiny boss from Hell :pb_lol:. The dog was super easy to get photos of, but our daughter was much tougher. We opted to have her sit in front of our tree and use a holiday plate with her snack on it (Nilla Wafers.) We figured the snack would help keep her happy... except she got really pissed off because the cookies kept sliding off. Then she was pissed off and wanted her rocking chair instead of the chair we had brought over (we obviously got her the rocking chair.) Finally she calmed down enough and we started. My husband made funny noises while she ate and I took photos on my phone. We ended up using the third photo I took of her, which was magically and unexplainably perfect. The entire time was maybe 10 or 15 minutes, but it felt like forever before she was able to calm down. I’m glad my husband was there to help and that we both stayed relaxed about the entire thing, but damn that was tough! 

So yeah. I am 100% understanding Erin’s post on this right now. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

Getting pics of my 3 is impossible. The 5 and 4 yr old little girls are pretty good about posing now but my 8 yr son has Autism and could give zero shits about my desire to have cute pics of him (hes incredibly handsome) usually i have to insert my myself into the pic and put my arm around him to at least hold him still. For professional pics he will usually sit or stand fine but never smile. When he was little he was awesome about pictures. I feel so bad when i post or share a bunch of cute pics of the girls and none of him but hes just not here for pictures and I hope people understand that he is still a fully included and adored member of our family and is not being left out of family events and outings. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic