IGNORED

Erin and Chad 4: Hoping She Loses the Polka Dot Cape

Coconut Flan

Yeah, my uncle (whose kids were quite a bit younger) once called my mom in horror to tell her that I ate half a fried chicken at their place when I was 8...that doesn't sound like nearly enough food for all those kids. Maybe half of them were fasting and Gil and Kelly didn't notice. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I thought Alyssa and Josie were the ones who shared a room. I don’t remember hearing anything about Erin having a room with just one sister. Do you remember when this was?

Between the original Nightline story and the one about Alyssa's wedding (that used a lot of the same footage). In the original one she is sharing a room with Carlin, Tori, and Katie. Michaela had a room with the little girls and then Josie and Alyssa shared a room that had at one point been used as a closet space. 

It was a brief mention in one of the shorter news magazine show stories, but Erin explained that she had asked for more space on her own to study and help with getting up earlier or staying up later. Michaela moved into the bigger room and one of the little girls stayed in there with Erin. 

After Erin and Alyssa married, the three youngest girls shared one room and the rest of the girls shared another room. I would guess after Carlin marries that the three youngest will move to the bigger girls room and Katie may stay there or move to a room of her own (which would be nice for her). I'd hate to see her get the Jana treatment. 

• Upvote 7

Bates were really poor. Really poor. And were unable to cook healthy cheap food (rice and beans, homemade soups, etc). Mama Jane has a farm and I wonder why Gil and Kelly didn't learn something about gardening and cooking. Their recipes were awful and not nutritious at all (white bread with ketchup!!!). They grifted food or cut food in tiny portions. Gil reused toilet paper (toilet paper used in a decoration, he reused for the actual bathroom!!!). The house before the Duggar/TLC rebuilding was a mess. Horses starved. Bates weren't a beautiful family in the past, despite having pretty daughters.

When they showed a very young Lawson buying groceries to feed his siblings with his own money, it was obvious that the poor boy had never done the shopping before. He bought a lot of little packages, instead of the big ones ones a big family buys to save money. But he was just a kid! Probably he was proud of himself taking home so much food. But my theory is that Kelly and Gil usually got Lawson's money and bought the cheapest disgusting food they could found. Also remember: fundies sometimes brag about eating *frugal*: Duggars eating ONLY rice for days (imagine feeding little kids only rice), Maxwells not eating because daddy forgot the pizza, Pearls eating cat food they were given. What a joy. 

When Alyssa was courting, her pinterest was full of tasty healthy recipes. She was just 18 but obviously knew she was eating crap at home and prepared herself for doing better. That's why a kinda like her (sometimes), at least she's practical.

• Upvote 20
  • WTF 1

Have we talked at all yet about the Bates sisters (Whitney, Erin, and Carlin) starting their own modest dress line?  I really want to know who they are using for the actual dressmaking.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sparrow said:

Have we talked at all yet about the Bates sisters (Whitney, Erin, and Carlin) starting their own modest dress line?  I really want to know who they are using for the actual dressmaking.

They never said they are having their own dress line, just a store. Maybe selling only christian/modest products?

• Upvote 4

On 3/21/2019 at 7:06 PM, backyard sylph said:

It's not that germane to the conversation overall, but I disagree with this, especially if you are using the same pattern over again, and buying large amounts of fabric to make dresses for more than one person. 

If you're good at it, you can make a whole wardrobe, even in 2019, for a fraction of buying one. Good fabrics go on sale, you buy them when they are, and you learn to modify patterns to suit your taste. 

Only if you value your time at zero

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Only if you value your time at zero

I guess I do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Erin and Everly

I'm going to be very BEC here for a minute... something about Erin eyebrows really bother me in that third picture. I'm getting a very Spock like vibe.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm going to be very BEC here for a minute... something about Erin eyebrows really bother me in that third picture. I'm getting a very Spock like vibe.

I actually like that she's rocking the thinner brows. Everyone else is doing thick ones.

• I Agree 1

And Everly is one. I hope she didnt have to hold "big sister" banner on her one year old photoshoot ?

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Everly is lovely. Nice pictures, cute outfit, sweet message. Nothing to BEC today, friends.

Is she the first Cherin's baby to turn 1 year old with no sibling-on-board? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Everly is lovely. Nice pictures, cute outfit, sweet message. Nothing to BEC today, friends.

Is she the first Cherin's baby to turn 1 year old with no sibling-on-board? 

Erin was about 5 months along with Brooklyn when Carson was 1, and I think she had basically just gotten pregnant with Everly with Brooklyn was 1.  I think we'll get an announcement from Erin soon though. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

On 3/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, Melissa1977 said:

Bates were really poor. Really poor. And were unable to cook healthy cheap food (rice and beans, homemade soups, etc). Mama Jane has a farm and I wonder why Gil and Kelly didn't learn something about gardening and cooking. Their recipes were awful and not nutritious at all (white bread with ketchup!!!). They grifted food or cut food in tiny portions. Gil reused toilet paper (toilet paper used in a decoration, he reused for the actual bathroom!!!). The house before the Duggar/TLC rebuilding was a mess. Horses starved. Bates weren't a beautiful family in the past, despite having pretty daughters.

When they showed a very young Lawson buying groceries to feed his siblings with his own money, it was obvious that the poor boy had never done the shopping before. He bought a lot of little packages, instead of the big ones ones a big family buys to save money. But he was just a kid! Probably he was proud of himself taking home so much food. But my theory is that Kelly and Gil usually got Lawson's money and bought the cheapest disgusting food they could found. Also remember: fundies sometimes brag about eating *frugal*: Duggars eating ONLY rice for days (imagine feeding little kids only rice), Maxwells not eating because daddy forgot the pizza, Pearls eating cat food they were given. What a joy. 

When Alyssa was courting, her pinterest was full of tasty healthy recipes. She was just 18 but obviously knew she was eating crap at home and prepared herself for doing better. That's why a kinda like her (sometimes), at least she's practical.

Thats horrible and sad!  And cat food??? Wow, i cant even imagine having that as a food source :(

• Upvote 2

Eating cat food. What a nightmare!! 

I'm shocked Erin and Chad didn't come back from that trip pregnant.  

• I Agree 1

The cat food discussion should come with a warning for the easily nauseated. I am trying to keep my food down as we speak. ?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 3/21/2019 at 8:05 PM, Hisey said:

If a woman says she does a foolish thing (like obeying her husband without question or never using childcare) . . and then she doesn't actually do it. . . why is that a bad thing? Makes her a bit of a hypocrite, but other than that I think it's a good thing. 

But if she’s telling others that her (fake) way of life is the only way to live a godly life that will get you into heaven then she’s not just being a hypocrite she is activly selling a hurtful lifestyle that she doesn’t even manage to live herself. 

She is setting a standard for others that will hurt them if they try to live by it. That is bad. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit I'm a Chad fangirl but this holds true for fundies in general - I hate the idea that "no" isn't allowed. Forget the argument of whether or not Erin is taking advantage of Chad - given the rampant sexual, spiritual, financial abuse by elders in these churches it's just so squicky. I know they're (both) teaching their children to instantly obey and never use the word no, and it's just so sad.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

Eh I can totally see Erin posting the photo of her and Chad with a sign saying Number 4 is on the way sometime soon. The new Fundie thing is having a photo shoot and then posting an announcement with that said photo shoot. I am on to them  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic