IGNORED

Lawson Bates 3

Coconut Flan

35 minutes ago, HA88 said:

I was wondering if Lawson enjoys being single right now; he can be foot loose and care free. He can do the fundie version of flirting (perhaps interacting) with several young, attractive females who are probably thinking he is a catch, and stroke his ego. Lawson comes from a well respected (in their circles) family, and he clearly has fun cool opportunities (music, "missionary" work, law enforcement). Likely there are fathers of young women saying you are a fantastic godly young man, and I have a wonderful daughter you should meet. 

The Bates and Duggar families both have reality TV shows and need viewers, and with predictable story lines they need to create some intrigue. The premise of both shows is one sibling is courting, an elaborate proposal, wedding planning, the wedding, and one or more siblings finds out they are expecting (what a surprise!), gender reveal, baby shower, delivery. Sprinkle in a few trips to the thrift shop, whatever job of the day the boys seem to have, and whatever remodeling project is going on, repeat.

Oh I think Lawson LOVES being single. And I think that’s why he will stay single for a few more years. I think there is nothing between he and Jana. He loves attention and he knows he will get lots of attention with Jana as a speculative love interest. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I think Lawson LOVES being single. And I think that’s why he will stay single for a few more years. I think there is nothing between he and Jana. He loves attention and he knows he will get lots of attention with Jana as a speculative love interest. 

Same as when there was all the speculation of something brewing with Jinger. It took a while for them to set the record straight. The rumor generated a lot of buzz for both families.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

It’s always interesting to see the differences between the Bates kids and Duggars. Guess I didn’t realize how mainstream some of the Bates are! No Duggar would ever be seen doing this. Someone mentioned the girl's name was Madyson. 

5C5BB091-DB77-4C0D-877A-A5B7286A53BB.jpeg

Edited by AnnaRuk09
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I dislike Lawson perhaps more than anyone else in these families and I think he definitely stoked speculation with Jinger. I'm not sure how much truth there was behind the stuff with Jinger, but it certainly seems possible that Lawson at least had some kind of idea of a crush. And he played it up for sure.

But I gotta say, evidence is really really thin that they're drumming up speculation. Jana didn't include any pictures of Lawson on her IG feed. They were on a well-documented (terrible) "mission" trip together along with several siblings where pictures were taken in several different formations. One time Lawson shared a video of Jana operating a forklift. And they went in the same group to Disney, right? That's it. 

I think this is frumper/fj conspiracy seeing something out of nothing. 

• Upvote 7

Lawson and Madyson look WAY LESS awkward than any of the actually courting and engaged Duggar couples, imo.

I think Lawson would like to court Jana. She's more famous so it could help his career- and she's older so not a ton of mini-Lawson's can arrive for him to have to support.

• Upvote 11

16 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

It’s always interesting to see the differences between the Bates kids and Duggars. Guess I didn’t realize how mainstream some of the Bates are! No Duggar would ever be seen doing this. Someone mentioned the girl's name was Madyson. 

5C5BB091-DB77-4C0D-877A-A5B7286A53BB.jpeg

Joe and Kendra had some engagement photos like those. It was awkward for Joe. Courtship makes all of the physical parts of a relationship awkward. 

I think Lawson has more freedom, most of the Bates boys do, so he feels more comfortable around girls. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Guess I didn’t realize how mainstream some of the Bates are! No Duggar would ever be seen doing this.

And no Bates daughter! Kelly and Gil have always had double standards. Boys can show off their bodies and live pretty normal lives while daughters go to Crown college, graduate, get married, have a baby. I wonder if the daughters ever question why their mom basically posts wet t-shirt pictures of their brothers while they have to wear skirts on the tv show even after marriage. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

So Lawson is singing the National anthem tonight at the Tennessee basketball game. If I go, I’ll be sure to video so everybody can suffer along with me. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3

I'm watching this new show on Apple Tv and one of the star is identical to Lawson. Could he be using a fake name to be an actor?

Like using his real name and then a psudynem 

Edited by grifthouse
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, grifthouse said:

I'm watching this new show on Apple Tv and one of the star is identical to Lawson. Could he be using a fake name to be an actor?

whats the name of the show?

On 11/9/2019 at 1:59 AM, grifthouse said:

There’s an actor I always thought looked like a Bates boy. His name is David Hull:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3252392/

• I Agree 2

58 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh yes, took a few photos but I saw a stockier Lawson. 

I watched a show he is in called My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and he takes his shirt off in it. He’s extremely muscular. He looks like a very muscular Lawson/Trace mix.  

• I Agree 1

On 11/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s an actor I always thought looked like a Bates boy. His name is David Hull:

OMG White Josh (Whi-Jo) from Crazy Ex GF!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 2:32 PM, formergothardite said:

And no Bates daughter! Kelly and Gil have always had double standards. Boys can show off their bodies and live pretty normal lives while daughters go to Crown college, graduate, get married, have a baby. I wonder if the daughters ever question why their mom basically posts wet t-shirt pictures of their brothers while they have to wear skirts on the tv show even after marriage. 

Well that is in a way true bates daughters do have more freedom then Duggar daughters. They can hold hands snuggle and hug their boyfriends. 

A duggar daughter or son can't even hold hands until engagement and joe duggar didn't even feel okay putting his arm around Kendra's waist during their engagement pictures.

As for the skirts thing for the married  it's more to stick with there brand then anything Alyssa chaney and Whitney have all worn pants around Gil and Kelly carlin and Josie more then likely have too. 

I just don't think they are going to make it into a storyline like the duggars did with Jinger

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lawson's been pretty quiet on social media lately--no concerts to promote, no whining about not having a girlfriend, no pouty posing with his horse.  This guy sure doesn't put a lot of work into promoting his alleged "music career" does he?

• Upvote 2

Lawson made a tweet yesterday that made me furious. The post he made with Obama and the little girl. Obama never ever mistreated a child. For Lawson to try to insinuate this makes me sick. What with the jerk we have now compared to.Is that what  Lawson was trying to say?

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2

On 12/13/2019 at 8:31 PM, Fighter said:

Lawson made a tweet yesterday that made me furious. The post he made with Obama and the little girl. Obama never ever mistreated a child. For Lawson to try to insinuate this makes me sick. What with the jerk we have now compared to.Is that what  Lawson was trying to say?

Can you post it here?

• I Agree 4

All of his tweets about how unfair Trump's impeachment is inspired me to tag Nancy Pelosi in his latest Instagram post about how "If the cause is worthy, all your effort, pain, and investment will be worth it. Don't give up."

Of course, he immediately deleted it but it made me feel a little better. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

I wonder what Lawson is up to? Family comments on his Insta say that he wasn't home for Christmas.

Courting? Courtship Chaperone? Quiet Christmas with just his ego?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I wonder what Lawson is up to? Family comments on his Insta say that he wasn't home for Christmas.

From what I could tell from other comments on posts, he’s been in the Philippines since before Thanksgiving. I guess he’s doing some extended “missionary work“ there. I’m surprised that he’s there on his own since Nathan was in the pictures the Bates posted yesterday for Christmas. One comment from the Bates page said that they were proud of him for putting his “life, comforts, and goals” on hold to help others. I wonder if he’s doing his fake dentistry work or if he’s actually doing some solid actual good work to help people (I know he probably isn’t, but one can always hope!). 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I also think he is in the philippines but he is being weirdly mysterious about it. He changes his tags in all the pictures so they dont show what country or place he is in. I guess it is because he is there on behalf of that shady Mediccorps.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic