IGNORED

Lawson Bates 3

Coconut Flan

Found this on Pickles’ fb regarding the pic he posted on IG. It comes as no surprise. He knows exactly what he’s doing which makes him an ass. 

95340546-4166-45D5-ABBF-3C78036E503F.jpeg

9FFE6045-6C7E-405A-9ED8-21F8B4971BC2.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

I don't think Lawson is nearly as flat of a person as his tv persona - at least I hope not.  I hope for all 30 of these people's sake that we are only seeing them how they want to be seen. Much like Carlin, John David, and Jinger had characters they played.

Maybe Jana or Laura also enjoy some of Lawson’s non televised hobbies (racism, going to birthday parties for 3 year olds) but their basic personalities just seem incompatible to me! Still, I look forward to their potential broken courtship and the angsty Instagram posts it could spawn.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

Imagine the negotiations JB/TLC and Gil/UP would have to have if there was a Lawson-Jana courtship and wedding. I’d watch a show about that. Jana and Lawson could do talking heads about how they hope god will lay it on their fathers to solve the problems because they want to start on their quiver as soon as possible. 

I can totally see it. 

Lawson: She’s not getting any younger. 

Jana giggles and fundiestares at him. 

:popcorn2:

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 12

Now that I’ve seen other Bateseses social media, it looks like Abby (Chad’s Sister I believe) got married since multiple family members including Erin and Tori were in the wedding party.  That may have put them in Oklahoma so a trek thru Diggarville was not out of the question and means Lawson was doing this for clicks.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Maybe Jana or Laura also enjoy some of Lawson’s non televised hobbies (racism, going to birthday parties for 3 year olds) but their basic personalities just seem incompatible to me! Still, I look forward to their potential broken courtship and the angsty Instagram posts it could spawn.

We've seen the guns, the Holocaust posts, and the general crowd the Duggars hang with so it's not unlikely. They're all the same breed of toxic. 

But I'm sure it'll be an not so vague song that's a new single here soon. Lawson, the Taylor Swift of the fundie set. 

I'd say it's just click bait in general, but they all agreed to go so she must be just okay with screwing with people as he is. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I don't think Lawson is nearly as flat of a person as his tv persona

I agree. I don't think he is like his tv persona, I think he is like his Twitter before he realized he needed to clean it up. His Twitter showed a vile, nasty human filled with hate. His twitter is the closest we will have gotten to seeing what these people are really like. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I agree. I don't think he is like his tv persona, I think he is like his Twitter before he realized he needed to clean it up. His Twitter showed a vile, nasty human filled with hate. His twitter is the closest we will have gotten to seeing what these people are really like. 

He plays the ditz but I never bought it. It was too obvious and too fake. It's very similar to Carlin's dramatics.

ETA: and Jessa's aww shucks I'm just a mom routine. We've seen her social media as well. These people are very good at crafting an image.

Edited by lexiloumarie
  • Upvote 14

6 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

These people are very good at crafting an image.

It is like Gil and Kelly with their wide eye "Well aww shucks" act they put on. These people know exactly what they are doing. 

• Upvote 16

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 1:58 PM, Iamtheway said:

I can totally see it. 

OMG, this made me laugh so much!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed over on Instagram on the MEDIC whatever account of the Bates/Duggars in the Bahamas there was a shot of Lawson helping someone into a helicopter  What caught my attention was the stupid badge (I'm assuming that's his constable badge) - yup - on his belt, in the Bahamas.  

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 9

I just don’t see a Jana/Lawson pairing. She has stated she’s looking for a guy who get his hands dirty working, not a desk job and not a city person. Lawson strikes me as someone who will find a very pretty younger woman to marry. (Kelton on steroids)

I know that it could all be smoke and mirrors though.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I just don’t see a Jana/Lawson pairing. She has stated she’s looking for a guy who get his hands dirty working, not a desk job and not a city person. Lawson strikes me as someone who will find a very pretty younger woman to marry. (Kelton on steroids)

I saw someone (I can't remember who, sorry) suggest Jana and Nathan, rather. I think that would be far more likely, but even then the chances are low imo. 

Watch me proved wrong, now.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I saw someone (I can't remember who, sorry) suggest Jana and Nathan, rather. I think that would be far more likely, but even then the chances are low imo. 

Watch me proved wrong, now.

Actually Nathan and Jana does makes more sense, because Nathan seems to be working with JD Duggar now, so he could easily move to live in Arkansas and i bet JimBob would support that marriage if it means another son-in law he can control and living under his wing.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 9/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, llucie said:

Actually Nathan and Jana does makes more sense, because Nathan seems to be working with JD Duggar now, so he could easily move to live in Arkansas and i bet JimBob would support that marriage if it means another son-in law he can control and living under his wing.

Oh, God, NO!! Jana is picky and Nathan is...Nathan. Also, she’s three and a half years older than he is, and I don’t think either of them would go for that.

• Upvote 8

With Trace now giving away heart pieces, do you think this reduces the family pressure on Lawson to stop preening and find a a godly wife, or increases it?

• Upvote 6

Increases it. Lawson is 27? Although these fundies, court/get engaged/married/babies so so fast that he could easily be a dad to 1-2 kids by 30 even he doesn’t have a special lady mind yet. I can see him with some super pretty, giggly, has the fundie state down pat.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:57 AM, TeaELSee said:

But how long ago did Jana say this?

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

But how long ago did Jana say this?

She said it on counting on when the girls went on a cabin trip together. I think it was early 2016. 

Even if her mind has drifted since then, I don’t think Lawson is her type. I least I hope he isn’t. She deserves better (which also excludes Nathan)

I agree with Erin that Lawson will probably marry in his early 30s

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 7

21 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

She said it on counting on when the girls went on a cabin trip together. I think it was early 2016. 

Even if her mind has drifted since then, I don’t think Lawson is her type. I least I hope he isn’t. She deserves better (which also excludes Nathan)

I agree with Erin that Lawson will probably marry in his early 30s

That Jana deserves better is to be determined. So far what we have seem of her she seems like a religious zealot, going as far as to photoshop skirts on girls that where just in the background of her pictures! With Nathan they can bond over their common obsession on how a woman should dress and do her hair. Match made in heaven.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7

I'm really not sure Lawson gets any pressure to court and marry. I'd bet Erin and maybe some of his other sisters have pointed out young women to him over the years. But the young marrying the Bates kids have done so far has seemed to be pushed by the kids themselves, not the parents. Gil and Kelly actually seem to want the kids to slow down sometimes. 

The amount of freedom the adult, unmarried Bates kids get is interesting to me. It seems to vary widely based on gender. But we see so little. If Lawson doesn't mind living at home predominantly and following his parents rules, then why wouldn't Gil and Kelly be okay with him being Safe At Home.

Then again, Kelly frequently posts fundie thirst trap photos of her sons. It is so creepy. Maybe she is trying to get interest or maybe she's just creepy.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I think Kelly wants everyone over 18 married yesterday. Gil seems like her wants the girls to slow down

I think that (Gil) is mostly just for show. Gil is playing the part of the traditional father who wants his sons out and off the family payroll and his daughters to remain little girls for as long as possible. They've done enough of the talking heads about the girls getting married that it becomes a repeat with Gil complaining about the daughter moving out and the cost of the wedding. Truth is probably a lot less traditional.

His dramatics over each wedding with his daughters is just too formulated. Shed a tear or two, call them beautiful, say he'll miss them, pretend he is trying to decide if the guy is good enough, complain or act shocked about the costs, and then do the service with his line about giving them away along with their 18 siblings and giving her a kiss on the cheek before the husband kisses her. 

He's more hands on as a parent than the Duggars, but you can see it in some of the girls' expressions that they are wary of this overprotective role he takes on before the wedding. The episode that springs to mind is him taking Tori to lunch and sharing the baby pics of her along with the money tree. She looked like she was wondering where her dad really was and why he was doing all this. 

In terms of the guy getting permission from him to talk to the girls, court, and propose, etc., I think that is a big power trip for him. That might be why he seems to care less about the boys getting married. He seems to like these young men coming to him and basically having to beg and plead for his daughters. He presumably doesn't get to do this with the boys bringing home a girl. I remember the episode where Nathan and Ashley were talking to his parents about how the courtship was going and what concerns they had. Ashely spoke up and started doing all the talking while Nathan just sat there. It was so opposite of how we have seen the other couples behave with Gil and Kelly. In those you see Gil and the young man talking with Kelly chiming in her requests for a quick proposal. The girl usually sits there meekly and gazes at the guy for a while or at her shoes. 

Lawson has no real reason to want to get married yet, as that would mean the basic end of his music "career." No doubt that Nathan probably would like to settle down with a girl since that would mean he gets to be the man in charge of the house. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 8/18/2019 at 7:58 PM, Iamtheway said:

Imagine the negotiations JB/TLC and Gil/UP would have to have if there was a Lawson-Jana courtship and wedding. I’d watch a show about that. Jana and Lawson could do talking heads about how they hope god will lay it on their fathers to solve the problems because they want to start on their quiver as soon as possible. 

I can totally see it. 

Double Spinster Wedding would definitely spark the Duggees' dull show

Lawson is slightly puzzling to me. If he were so neck-deep into his parents' lifestyle, why would he get so easily offended at anyone daring to question their ways? It's as if he's trying to prove something... to himself mainly.

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2019 at 6:49 PM, theotherelise said:

I'm really not sure Lawson gets any pressure to court and marry. I'd bet Erin and maybe some of his other sisters have pointed out young women to him over the years. But the young marrying the Bates kids have done so far has seemed to be pushed by the kids themselves, not the parents. Gil and Kelly actually seem to want the kids to slow down sometimes. 

The amount of freedom the adult, unmarried Bates kids get is interesting to me. It seems to vary widely based on gender. But we see so little. If Lawson doesn't mind living at home predominantly and following his parents rules, then why wouldn't Gil and Kelly be okay with him being Safe At Home.

Then again, Kelly frequently posts fundie thirst trap photos of her sons. It is so creepy. Maybe she is trying to get interest or maybe she's just creepy.

The daughters probably get married away asap to escape stricter house rules tailored just to them, who are to be kept restrained, as females.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic