IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

@SassyPants and @mpheels bring up a good point, the Duggars generally don't seem to do much charity work. I know that it is preached not to show off your charity, but I think that refers to the making yourself look better aspect, where they would get that just as a bonus and could claim they are just encouraging others to lend a helping hand because they have a platform to do so. I think I vaguely remember a couple of things...but honestly I cannot just list anything for sure. The message they preach makes me think I ought to be able to rattle off examples of charitable work from them. I would be really interested to know what types of charity work they do (obviously not their favorite of standing in front of abortion clinics *eye roll emoji*)

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They think charity begins at home, hence the grifting, selling out their children, etc. I think they follow YOJ, not JOY.

:( Everytime I see this thread bumped, I get hopeful....I have this sneaking suspicion that she is talking to someone or courting and they’re not announcing until she’s ready to. It’ll be hush hush a while. 

On 11/30/2018 at 8:12 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

^Surprised Boob hasn't tried to pitch that show. (or has he?)

Maybe he'll pitch it to Chip and Joanna for their new network...

• 2 weeks later...

I know the sweater Christmas party at the TTH wasn't adults only, but it makes me sad that ALL of the Duggarlings in her peer group are home together partying to celebrate the holidays and she's in Honduras wrangling the youngest children. Yeah, Michelle finally went, but you know Jana is doing the parenting. 

She probably volunteered to do it because "servant's heart" and all that, but the older she gets the more and more she seems left out because she's not a "true" adult in their cult. 

Hopefully she's content and happy, because otherwise her life is a living nightmare. 

Perhaps JB goes to whichever child he needs to perform something for him, tells that child that he, JB, or Mama and I, have prayed about it and God/Jesus has led me/us to realize you are the one for this particular job. Maybe that's how he hoodwinks the whole family, Michelle included, to do his bidding. Thus Jana finds herself in Honduras likely taking care of all the youngsters and everything else.

Even if Jana was at this party, she would not have been able to relax. You know she would have to do all the work for it (most probably) 

On 12/10/2018 at 12:37 AM, Casserole said:

I know the sweater Christmas party at the TTH wasn't adults only, but it makes me sad that ALL of the Duggarlings in her peer group are home together partying to celebrate the holidays and she's in Honduras wrangling the youngest children. Yeah, Michelle finally went, but you know Jana is doing the parenting. 

She probably volunteered to do it because "servant's heart" and all that, but the older she gets the more and more she seems left out because she's not a "true" adult in their cult. 

Hopefully she's content and happy, because otherwise her life is a living nightmare. 

All I can hope for her is that there's a nice partner to be for her in Honduras. Where's Laura btw?

On 12/1/2018 at 3:20 PM, Ever said:

:( Everytime I see this thread bumped, I get hopeful....I have this sneaking suspicion that she is talking to someone or courting and they’re not announcing until she’s ready to. It’ll be hush hush a while. 

Friendly reminder: he is going to be a homophobic, climate change denying, birth control eschewing, Ben Shapiro-humping anti-feminist with a not-so-subtle touch of racism. If that's your bag, then cool. But she absolutely will fall in line and marry someone with equally ugly beliefs as the other in-laws. I know it's fun to speculate - we're all holding out for some exciting announcement from her. :) But nothing will be different - get ready to be disappointed.

I'm hoping that she chose to go because she wanted to see some of the world outside her own house.

And the Duggar kids are all 9+ (we're not even sure if Josie went to Honduras). At home for all we know she's helping watch Spurgeon and Henry and Izzy and Sam and some of the M'kids which is a hell of a lot more time consuming and annoying.

31 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Friendly reminder: he is going to be a homophobic, climate change denying, birth control eschewing, Ben Shapiro-humping anti-feminist with a not-so-subtle touch of racism. If that's your bag, then cool. But she absolutely will fall in line and marry someone with equally ugly beliefs as the other in-laws. I know it's fun to speculate - we're all holding out for some exciting announcement from her. :) But nothing will be different - get ready to be disappointed.

All of this, and also your user pic. Hahahahaha.

20 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Friendly reminder: he is going to be a homophobic, climate change denying, birth control eschewing, Ben Shapiro-humping anti-feminist with a not-so-subtle touch of racism. If that's your bag, then cool.

They like Ben Shapiro? He seems a tad too Jewish for them.

14 hours ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

Not sure about Shapiro specifically, but IIRC, they have a high respect for Judaism. In their own special way, of course.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:20 PM, KeshetParparNesicha said:

ha - yes he is Jewish. I just meant that he's a bitter conservative arrogant mainsplaining douche, ala Josh, and a lot of conservatives bow to him. Plus Jeremy follows him on twitter. That's all.

Caleb Williams discussion is now in his thread.  Please go here:

On 12/11/2018 at 2:42 AM, Chewing Gum said:

All I can hope for her is that there's a nice partner to be for her in Honduras. Where's Laura btw?

That's what I'd like to think; that there's someone in Honduras that they were gonna introduce her to. It'd be hard for them to let her go if she marries someone who's there and stays there, but then she has more of an option to opt out of the show or at least severely limit her show time.

8 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

That's what I'd like to think; that there's someone in Honduras that they were gonna introduce her to. It'd be hard for them to let her go if she marries someone who's there and stays there, but then she has more of an option to opt out of the show or at least severely limit her show time.

They also could have brought along someone she’s getting to know.

10 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They also could have brought along someone she’s getting to know.

I think that's a much more likely scenario than her getting to know someone in Honduras.  Jana is a huge draw...I'm sure one of the questions in the 50-page questionnaire is 'Are you willing to volunteer participate on the show?  If so, are you willing to volunteer participate under the family contract and in turn I pay you what I think you're worth?'.

PICKLES YOU'RE A TRANSPHOBIC DUNGBEETLE 

sorry just wanted to put that on a thread I'm SURE she still lurks on. (She approved a "funny" comic where the punchline is "a trans woman just had sex HAW HAW" but I don't want to get blocked today) 

If she doesn't court anyone, Jana's life could look so different in 5-8 years after the younger girls are teens. I believe she will always be the Cinderella in the family, doing all the work at Christmas reunions and babysitting Fridays so her sisters can have date nights.

But I don't think she will move in and be a nanny full time to any sisters.

What do modern "maiden aunts" do? She doesn't seem keen to be a missionary year round.

Maybe she will be even more involved in the family business? Add interior decorating to their services, or flip even more houses with her designing them? I think as her parents get older she will also be the office manager (and brains) for the business, under the stewardship of a brother or two. Of course Jim Bob will always stay as the head of everything even if he's 90.

It does seem strange to me that she has not thrown herself fully into volunteer work for a charity or two. It seems like the obvious way to get out of the house without violating the ridiculous gender roles. Especially volunteer work exclusively with women. It would seem like one advantage of being connected with the Cross Church megachurch is the availability of opportunities like that. She could coordinate volunteers, organize home visits with seniors, run the Sunday school (if they do that) or join a committee to fundraise for a hospital. She probably does some of that but it doesn't seem like she has taken a leadership role (to the extent women can in those churches). 

21 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

What do modern "maiden aunts" do?

In my observations they seem to "volunteer" by way of family guilt to take care of elderly and/or disabled older family members who would otherwise go to a nursing home. Free in-home nursing care, if you will. 

I can also see her acting as a governess/tutor, if one of her siblings had a large number of children, and the mom couldn't teach them all. This would be before Jim Bob and Michelle needed extra help, as they get older.

Spoiler

3.thumb.png.6125f49074c1f8cc2a7eea5ea8bc6061.png4.thumb.png.93af3bb393ee3e7bef4a02106fc4bbb5.png

These are the only pics I found that could be speculation fodder from the trip. In the top pic, Jana is on the right side. There is a guy next to her and behind her. It's not Bates courting distance, but you never know. 

In the second pic, Jana isn't actually in it. But that makes me wonder if she is taking the picture. And if so, she could be actually sitting in one of the three empty chairs. Two are by men, the third is by Michelle/Josie. I know which chair my money is on being Jana's. 

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.8922d686b545518cf2d98e81c672ffdd.png2.thumb.png.fcbd72d6e03e03c5f7e63072a90a3fd7.png

Top picture on the bus, Jana is sitting behind Laura. I think her seat is across from the dude in the blue t-shirt. He seems young, but they are near each other, so basically engaged. They also appear to be eating across from each other in the bottom picture. Side note: I hope Jenny has an actual chair somewhere! Also, is the dude next to Jordyn a Duggar? He looks vaguely Duggarish, but I'm so bad at that stretch of boys and I thought they all stayed home.

Spoiler

5.thumb.png.d16b9356bf97493b220266470cbbdfd3.png

There are no men within courting distance, but I do wonder who took this picture. The sequence this was from was very Jana-centric. Probably a relative, but again, speculation has occurred with far less.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived