IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

14 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Referencing the thread title, I always thought that TTH meant "Tater Tot House" until I looked it up. For real. ?

SAME. It is a pretty perfect name for it too. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Referencing the thread title, I always thought that TTH meant "Tater Tot House" until I looked it up. 

Wait.  It DOESN'T mean "Tater Tot House?"  Oh, and also, I know lots of people who ended up married to their first bf/gf.  They didn't necessarily remain married in all of the cases.  

29 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Wait.  It DOESN'T mean "Tater Tot House?"  Oh, and also, I know lots of people who ended up married to their first bf/gf.  They didn't necessarily remain married in all of the cases.  

I thought it was ‘Tater Tot Hotel’ for the longest time. Don’t ask me why 

2 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I thought it was ‘Tater Tot Hotel’ for the longest time. Don’t ask me why 

I thought it was as well! I think Tinker Toy House is maybe something people in the US might get whereas it doesn't really mean anything to me.

Just now, EmainMacha said:

I thought it was as well! I think Tinker Toy House is maybe something people in the US might get whereas it doesn't really mean anything to me.

At least I’m not alone lol, must be an Irish brain thing! Yeah Tinker Toy House just goes over my head. 

I know what Tinker Toys are, but I don't understand the reference.  I suppose it's because it's kind of cheaply constructed.  

It would make more sense that TTH is an abbreviation for Tonitown House to me.

Actually I sorta vaguely remember reading about this before.  I have Old Person Brain.

20 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Referencing the thread title, I always thought that TTH meant "Tater Tot House" until I looked it up. For real. ? If Jana is courting, I hope she finds someone she really loves who will embrace everything about her - someone who will not "allow" her to do anything but just love everything she represents and who is okay with wherever life takes them, whether that means wearing pants, gardening, fundie-lite, no church at all, a small family, big family or whatever they want...as long as they aren't spewing hate every moment.

I think we all interchange tater tot and tinker toy- both are applicable and appropriate!!! LOL

@QuiverDance Its because the house isnt built the traditional way, it is this metal frame kit thing. The bought two of the kits and fit them together to build their gigantic home. Jim Bob said on the show when he was explaining it that it was like a giant tinker toy project to put the kits together.

Tinker Toys - I loved them as a kid: (These are clearly a knock-off, lol - guess it's fitting for these frugal fundies...)

22025.jpg

The Tinker Toy house's configuration was a really bad idea now that the kids are adults. All those kids will never be able to visit and stay overnight for a holiday (not that the odds for them all making any given holiday at the same time are that great), but I guess if the Vuolos come for Christmas do they have to get a hotel? 

I never knew that TTH stood for, but I never imagined it would mean Tinker Toy House, LOL! I thought it was something a lot more snarky than that. 

4 hours ago, EmainMacha said:

I'm American and it's not a reference that made sense to me either.

I thought there would be a house made of tater tots somewhere so I went a’searchin. Initial results failed.

I did turn up this lady. She has crocheted tater tots (midway down page). Also, tons other cute tiny animals and objects.

http://monkeyhousefull.blogspot.com/search/label/crochet

I knew it was tinker toy house. I like tater tot house better it has been mentioned on the show and tinker toys are not a thing in my country,  so that is what my head says when I see it. We call tater tots in Australia, potato gems I think, I am not sure as I don't eat them. 

I always thought it stood for The Tin House and people put the before it sometimes because they weren't thinking. Clearly I was very wrong.

I recently found most of the earliest TLC specials on YouTube, from before they had a full series and when it was 16 and 17 kids. It wasn’t until I rewatched 16 Children and Moving in that I even remembered Jim Bob himself made the crack about it being a Tinker Toy house! Which I vaguely knew what they were but only because I’d heard of them, but never owned any.

Tinker Toys were more of a 1950's and 60's thing. I had a set..my dad built stuff for me when I was little. My sisters and I played with them when we were older.

12 minutes ago, SamuraiKatz said:
9 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Tinker Toys were more of a 1950's and 60's thing. I had a set..my dad built stuff for me when I was little. My sisters and I played with them when we were older.

I had Tinker Toys in the 80s and had a lot of fun with them. I like building stuff but was never a Lego person. I was more Tinker Toys and marble runs.

I had Tinker Toys in the 70s. Damn. I'm old.

And I didn't win the MegaMillions so I have to go to work tomorrow. lol

I LOVED my tinker toy set. It was the only building toy I was allowed to have (girls play with dolls...blah blah blah and this was in the 80's). I still have the tin and a couple of pieces put away in my memory things. That is how much I adored them. Do they still make them and sell them in Europe? The newest little Outta is totally getting a set if I can get my hands on them!

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I had Tinker Toys in the 70s. Damn. I'm old.

And I didn't win the MegaMillions so I have to go to work tomorrow. lol

SAMESIES!!!!!  I am so bitter that someone won my jackpot.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived