IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jana was Jill's maid of honour because she was the oldest sister. And she went along with Jill to her midwifery training because Jill needed a chaperone. She even said at one point that she didn't really enjoy it.

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It would be funny if in the end Lawson would end up with Laura. They seem like a much better match than him and Jana.

What would their ship name be? Laurson? Lawra?

1 minute ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

What would their ship name be? Laurson? Lawra?

LaLa? ?

10 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It would be funny if in the end Lawson would end up with Laura. They seem like a much better match than him and Jana.

Why? I think Laura would give him a lot of side-eye.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:27 AM, HereticHick said:

I bet a certain  young Bates maiden WOULD NOT BE PLEASED if a Lawson relationship took the spotlight off her very EXTRA engagement season.

Yes, I agree. Her saving grace is, that maybe due to network conflict, it would not allowed to be shown (much, if at all)....

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think Jana was Jill's maid of honour because she was the oldest sister. And she went along with Jill to her midwifery training because Jill needed a chaperone. She even said at one point that she didn't really enjoy it.

She even said that she was praying because she didn't like children (and of course it was a fault! Eleventy!!!!11!!). Probably that's why she's keeping herself single.

I imagine Jana would be happy with a life like Rachel Wissman has. Married with a farmer, helping in the fields sometimes, having a kitchen garden etc. But without kids. Or maybe with just one or two (in case she really, freely, decided to have them). 

What I don't understand are the several comments about Lawson and Jana eventually courting. They are sooo different. I can't picture them together. Plus if Zach really asked JB for a courtship years ago, it would be very rude for Lawson to approach to Jana. But anyway, she doesn't seem to like artists, but blue collar workers or farmers.

I think part of the reason it's easy to ascribe positive traits to Jana is that she seems to be preferred by everyone in their circle. She and JD appear to be close. She seemed to spend a fair bit of time with Anna and the kids out in DC and on their trips. She was invited down for Felicity's birth. She did seem to spend more time with Jill than any of the other sisters. Jessa appears to hang out with her frequently. I know she gets the CinderJana title from many because she ends up doing the bridesmaids alterations and home decor for many siblings and their spouses, but it's always seemed to me like they're all just so impressed by Jana and her abilities. Outside of the family, she is or has been close with Tabitha, Laura, Michael(a), and Anna's sister whose name I can't think of. 

For all this, Jana sometimes reminds me of Anne Elliot from Persuasion. She's got a similar amount of freedom to a 19th century british woman too! Anne was considered on her way to spinsterhood. TBD if a captain Wentworth is waiting in the wings. 

If Jana marries, I’d like to see her ask Laura to be her Maid of Honour. She could justify it by saying she couldn’t choose one sister...

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I think part of the reason it's easy to ascribe positive traits to Jana is that she seems to be preferred by everyone in their circle. She and JD appear to be close. She seemed to spend a fair bit of time with Anna and the kids out in DC and on their trips. She was invited down for Felicity's birth. She did seem to spend more time with Jill than any of the other sisters. Jessa appears to hang out with her frequently. I know she gets the CinderJana title from many because she ends up doing the bridesmaids alterations and home decor for many siblings and their spouses, but it's always seemed to me like they're all just so impressed by Jana and her abilities. Outside of the family, she is or has been close with Tabitha, Laura, Michael(a), and Anna's sister whose name I can't think of. 

For all this, Jana sometimes reminds me of Anne Elliot from Persuasion. She's got a similar amount of freedom to a 19th century british woman too! Anne was considered on her way to spinsterhood. TBD if a captain Wentworth is waiting in the wings. 

I will never forget the episode when Jana and maybe Joy went out to DC to visit J/A and the kids, and Jana got down on the ground and hugged the kids and told them how much she missed them. It was a rare genuine moment from a Duggar.

I think her sibs respect Jana.

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Why? I think Laura would give him a lot of side-eye.

I think she could actually deal with his ego and put him in his spot sometimes while still having fun with him.

But maybe I am wrong, we have not seen that much of Laura's personality.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:12 PM, Markie said:

No. More. Pastors. Howabout a nice religious carpenter, mason or landscaper for Jana?

So basically a male version of Abbie.

The bachelortilltherapturer made the best choice out of all of his siblings so far in terms of spouse and I hope Jana does much the same (if she decides to marry).

I always got the impression that Jana's BFF was her twin. They have both struck me as the most industrious and responsible of the bunch. They have been the ones holding down the fort and stepping to the plate. They remember life before TLC. The twins were able to interact with each other before Josh messed everything up and the more draconian rules between interaction of siblings of the opposite sex were implemented.

It's ironic that as much as JB and Michelle love to go on and on about stereotypical mens and womens work, the twins have ever shown competence and diligence in either area (JD in terms of actually being able to work and do stuff and Jana being the only woman who is actually a good cook, can sew, etc). Most of the other ones don't seem to have progressed much and seem stuck at an adolescent level skill set even if they are married and having babies. etc. The twins seem like the only real adults.

I feel like they're advertising Jana with all these carefully curated IG posts at this point. 

How did Laura meet the Duggars? She wears pants whenever she isn't with them and she appears to only have 2 or 3 siblings. She also seems to travel alone and do some work things? 

It's always funny to me when people's instagrams have mostly photos OF them and not photos taken BY them. I just imagine someone else taking pics and then sending them to all the people in them and everyone claiming which one they will use and then texting them out to everyone so each person can edit and upload. I run a government IG as part of my job, but I'd never go to the level of work that these people do for their personal accounts. It would be so exhausting to constantly worry about a personal brand!

Meanwhile this is the last post on my IG (*remembering):

Spoiler

ig.thumb.png.bafc3ef94040325d40e90b83999f457e.png

Yes, I am curious about Laura and what exact flavor of fundie she is and how she met the Duggars. She is another friend like Sierra but I find her much more unknown than Sierra. 

16 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Mhh was there still food in it? 

No, someone had already cleaned it out! So ashamed. It was a broccoli slaw, so that couldn't have been pleasant. I never use that fridge, so I completely forgot about it. 

On 1/21/2019 at 4:34 PM, Melissa1977 said:

She even said that she was praying because she didn't like children (and of course it was a fault! Eleventy!!!!11!!). Probably that's why she's keeping herself single.

Really?!

5 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Yes, I am curious about Laura and what exact flavor of fundie she is and how she met the Duggars. She is another friend like Sierra but I find her much more unknown than Sierra. 

Laura used to work for IBLP, so I assume that's how she met the family.  She appears to be more fundie-lite, tho, since she's still unmarried in her 30s.

Laura worked (works?) for Embassy media, which is part of IBLP. Do we know she does not still work for them in some capacity? 

https://embassymedia.com/

The website still offers some seminars from Bill Gothard btw... https://embassymedia.com/media/session-01-how-trace-problems-root-causes  as well as the Duggars and Bateseses

Perhaps she is some sort of handler for one of the IBLPs most famous families/speakers??

37 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

She appears to be more fundie-lite, tho, since she's still unmarried in her 30s.

Being unmarried is not necessarily an indicator of fundie-lite. There are plenty of fundies in their 30s who are unmarried- the Maxwell girls, the Arndts, most of the Staddons, the Botkins, and the Mallys. And plenty of others have married (or will be marrying) later like several of the Mueller siblings, Tabitha Paine, Cecily Bradrick, Mandie Query, the Wallers, and Amanda Smith.

I'm so in the weeds on Laura DeMasie...

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/masiespace/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/laura.demasie

She still lists Embassy Media on her facebook. There is also this post from Daniel Staddon's web design company which indicates Laura and another woman created the logo at least for Embassy: https://www.abundantdesigns.com/2016/01/15/embassy-media/

This IG post makes it seem like worked as a sales rep recently for Accent Decor: 

I can't tell if she had formal higher education, but it seems likely. Her sister is a speech-language pathologist (https://www.facebook.com/bdemasie) who has been married nearly 5 years with no children. Her one brother works for some healthcare app (https://www.facebook.com/nathan.demasie) and has a picture on his facebook page kissing his fiance. Can't tell much about the other sister. The pictures with their family all have Laura and her siblings with their mom only. 

It's pretty unlikely to me that she grew up anywhere on the fundie scale. But if anything, very very lite. I wonder how she ended up so involved with the whole IBPL/ATI crowd. I wonder if she'd be opposed to traditional dating. If her dad isn't in the picture for whatever reason, I wonder what she thinks about headships. I just can't imagine freely choosing to become a part of the IBPL world.

4 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Really?!

Yes. I know it's shocking! The sad thing is that she felt guilty for that (or at least made it look that she was praying to change it).

3 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I just can't imagine freely choosing to become a part of the IBPL world.

I would point out that Michelle and Jim Bob would have freely chosen to become part of the IBPL world (along with many other people).

I think it just seems strange in this day and age to do so, though I'm sure many still do. 

I still think she's essentially a paid accountabilibuddy for Jana, though I do believe they are close friends. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived