IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

17 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Possibly there are some interesting, unmarried, ministry-minded males attending so in JB's mind good husband hunting territory.

This was my first thought when I saw that Jana was there with her sisters + their families. I'm sure Jeremy can introduce her to a suitable bachelor pastor. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ever said:

I noticed the recent photos of Jana all have her hand hidden except this one- there is a ring on her ring finger.....

DCE687A2-7D76-43DC-B70D-F42214C05991.jpeg

I’m pretty sure they do purity rings. I know the Bateses do at least. They had a episode where Kelly and Gil took Carlin out for a nice dinner and gave her one. It kind of creeps me out to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m pretty sure they do purity rings. I know the Bateses do at least. They had a episode where Kelly and Gil took Carlin out for a nice dinner and gave her one. It kind of creeps me out to be honest. 

Yeah, I think it’s a purity ring.  Hannie has one too.?

2 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yeah, I think it’s a purity ring.  Hannie has one too.?

Hannie is child and has no business having her "purity" shown off.

Jana is an adult and her purity is nobody's business 

That ring is on her right hand, it's just the mirror that makes it look like her engagement ring finger. You can see that ring in the over head shot of her making the bread. 

I kind of like the idea that Kelly thinks Lawson needs to get off his butt and make a move towards marriage and also she loves Jana, so she liked that comment on purpose! Seriously, Lawson could get married tomorrow if he wanted to and he'd have tons of options in their world. I think he might realize that all the flirty poses and posts would have to stop if he were courting in favor of the couple shots his sisters do. 

On 1/19/2019 at 2:04 AM, luv2laugh said:

Although, I’d wonder why Jill wouldn’t re-tweet Derick’s outbursts nor post something on Instagram to defend his controversial statements in a somewhat Ken Alexander style. 

Kim Kardashian West is an excellent example of supporting the stupid things your hubby says and often defends or clarifies Kanye West's bizzare musings. Just last week he posted something she could see would go the wrong way (it did) and followed it up herself with "I'm just going to nip this in the bud and explain what he means" Of course Kim's has the advantage of social media training and freedom to challenge her husband but I find it so much weirder when it's ignored. I think that's Jills coping mechanism and I feel for her. Sometimes.

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

That ring is on her right hand, it's just the mirror that makes it look like her engagement ring finger. You can see that ring in the over head shot of her making the bread. 

I kind of like the idea that Kelly thinks Lawson needs to get off his butt and make a move towards marriage and also she loves Jana, so she liked that comment on purpose! Seriously, Lawson could get married tomorrow if he wanted to and he'd have tons of options in their world. I think he might realize that all the flirty poses and posts would have to stop if he were courting in favor of the couple shots his sisters do. 

I definitely think it was intentional. IIRC, they did similar coy responses and vague liking of Lawson-Jinger speculation before outright saying that they weren't in a relationship. Anything to string along the humpers.

I too, think that it's her purity ring. I remember when the pig proposed to Anna she took her purity ring off so he could put her engagement ring on. (I have no idea how I remember that detail but it definitely happened) 

The purity ring is yet another example of how these idiots don't follow the Bible they try to shove down our throats. Matthew 6:1, "Be careful not to parade your uprightness in public to attract attention; otherwise you will lose all reward from your Father in heaven."

12 hours ago, xenobia said:

This was my first thought when I saw that Jana was there with her sisters + their families. I'm sure Jeremy can introduce her to a suitable bachelor pastor. 

Please god not another Pastor! We don't need another Jeremy! 

On 1/18/2019 at 6:50 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

but you did.  without using the words you tossed out a completely baseless accusation in a way that left zero doubt as to what you meant.

you're not clever, that's a shitty thing to put out there.

I have to step in here.  I just don't get this kind of harsh insults, it hurts my heart.  I went back and read what @allthegoodnamesrgone said and it really didn't seem that significant to me. But it was so offensive she left zero doubt?!  What are you reacting to so harshly? That she thinks the Duggars could consider divorce worse then what Josh did?  Their beliefs are so wacky, let's discuss that rather than insult each other.   Are you reacting to "At best Derick is EXTREMELY controlling, and I don't even want to speak about, the worst case scenario."   I read that and interpreted it as , oh @allthegoodnamesrgone is alluding that Derick could treat Jill poorly enough to be  abusive.  Was that what provoked your insult? 

We just spent four pages over in the Dillard thread discussing how he LIVE STREAMED, (not just posted a video) but he WENT LIVE to her freaking 2 million followers without her consent, he mocked her when she was visibly upset and then asked who would clean his clothes and make his dinner.  Numerous people felt it was inappropriate at best and abusive at worse, and said so directly and did not mince any words.  Why are you over here on THIS thread hand slapping someone for just alluding to things?  People over there came right out and stated it, using words like abusive, controlling, etc. 

We discuss how dangerous their beliefs are all the time.    Here are things Derick and Jill have done  that genuinely bothered me personally and I don't think any of them are "completely baseless" concerns.

The bizarre way their courtship unfolded

Derick cyber-bullying an LGBT child

Bragging, literally bragging, about being beaten with a wooden object by his mother.

Not holding steady employment to provide for basic needs and flip-flopping on careers paths

Filming sick kids at freaking 1 AM to be YouTube stars

Posting pictures of distressed babies rather than comforting them.

Not getting better prenatal care for either birth, but especially Sam's after she had known complications.

Taking a toddler and a pregnant woman to a Zika infested area for unnecessary reasons

Anyways,  while I don't agree with everything that is said on here,  we aren't on thread 72 of the Dillard thread because he actually is #besthubbyever. 

Why are you telling other posters how "not clever" they are?  Why on earth are you talking down to people like that?   It's just mean, frankly. 

5 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

I have to step in here.  I just don't get this kind of harsh insults, it hurts my heart.  I went back and read what @allthegoodnamesrgone said and it really didn't seem that significant to me. But it was so offensive she left zero doubt?!  What are you reacting to so harshly? That she thinks the Duggars could consider divorce worse then what Josh did?  Their beliefs are so wacky, let's discuss that rather than insult each other.   Are you reacting to "At best Derick is EXTREMELY controlling, and I don't even want to speak about, the worst case scenario."   I read that and interpreted it as , oh @allthegoodnamesrgone is alluding that Derick could treat Jill poorly enough to be  abusive.  Was that what provoked your insult? 

We just spent four pages over in the Dillard thread discussing how he LIVE STREAMED, (not just posted a video) but he WENT LIVE to her freaking 2 million followers without her consent, he mocked her when she was visibly upset and then asked who would clean his clothes and make his dinner.  Numerous people felt it was inappropriate at best and abusive at worse, and said so directly and did not mince any words.  Why are you over here on THIS thread hand slapping someone for just alluding to things?  People over there came right out and stated it, using words like abusive, controlling, etc. 

We discuss how dangerous their beliefs are all the time.    Here are things Derick and Jill have done  that genuinely bothered me personally and I don't think any of them are "completely baseless" concerns.

The bizarre way their courtship unfolded

Derick cyber-bullying an LGBT child

Bragging, literally bragging, about being beaten with a wooden object by his mother.

Not holding steady employment to provide for basic needs and flip-flopping on careers paths

Filming sick kids at freaking 1 AM to be YouTube stars

Posting pictures of distressed babies rather than comforting them.

Not getting better prenatal care for either birth, but especially Sam's after she had known complications.

Taking a toddler and a pregnant woman to a Zika infested area for unnecessary reasons

Anyways,  while I don't agree with everything that is said on here,  we aren't on thread 72 of the Dillard thread because he actually is #besthubbyever. 

Why are you telling other posters how "not clever" they are?  Why on earth are you talking down to people like that?   It's just mean, frankly. 

This is not the first time you've had issues with me (and others) speaking too harshly for your heart.

You have every right to be offended by whatever you like.  You aren't entitled to an explanation on why I am not posting in manner of which you approve.

11 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

She's an Admin trying to control for distasteful, over the top, or baseless speculation.  Perhaps she over-reacted but, quite frankly, after the last month I'm not surprised if some of our volunteer Admins and Helpmeets are sounding a bit testy.  If you feel the need to argue about her tone, or with moderation in general, then you should complain over on Community Discussion.  That is why we have that subforum so as not to disrupt threads.

Back to topic:

21 hours ago, Casserole said:

I definitely think it was intentional. IIRC, they did similar coy responses and vague liking of Lawson-Jinger speculation before outright saying that they weren't in a relationship. Anything to string along the humpers.

Yes, they like dropping hints and Kelly is good at publicity and not always honest.  I hope it is just stringing along the humpers because Lawson strikes me as a conceited oaf.

Seems like Lawson got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. If so, I am so glad Jana is the one to slap it out. This seems like agency on her part.

Outside of general fundiness and all that comes with it, I don't have a problem with Lawson or his antics. I just think opportunism that rides on the coattails of a blantant lie is uncool.

I do think something is going on with him and the Duggars. I wonder if Jana is a foil. It could be anything as minor as him working musically with the younger Duggar girls or him possibly looking to court someone close (proximity) to the Duggars. I dunno. All I know is when the rumors were out (again) about him and Jana, the most I thought it could be was unrequited interest on his end. Because I am one of the ones who kinda buys into him and Jinger in a "failed" gettingtoknow-ship. Even if he is now into Jana , I could not see her settling for it. If waiting for that very special one is what she's doing, it is difficult to believe she would give into her sister's sorta ex (from her perspective). That may not inspire *sisterly affection*?.But who knows. Stranger things have occurred with both these families. 

Also, there is a part of me that thinks (and hopes) Jana created this account of her own volition with the encouragment of her sisters. Maybe they are helping her break free of some of those Gen2A Fundie chastity beliefs holding her back from finding her true self and inevitably a mate. Because let's be honest, that is usually end game with them. And I don't think it is a stretch to say that.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:17 PM, Vivi_music said:

But I can't seem to remember seeing Jana and Jill often together since Jill moved out. I know Jill isn't on the show anymore but from what we see on social media, she is not being shunned from her family completly. She is seen with her younger siblings often, she posted about visiting Jessa for play dates with the cousins and she was at the TTH for the ugly Christmas sweater thing. But her and Jana together? I can't seem to recall. 

@luv2laugh "I've always been surprised that Jana, who was known as the "BFF of Jill", is frequently hanging out with Jessa, Jinger, and Anna but I can't remember her being pictured with Jill other than at family events."

This has been of particular interest to me. Jana was seen face timing Jill while the Dillards were in SCA. So I dont think it was a pairing thing. I am thinking there was a general interest to keep in touch ( at least on Jana's part). I suspect either Jill started giving the cold shoulder[ she said to Joy it was okay to put hub and kids first. It did not mattet what others said] or Jana changing her opinion of Jill based on things she saw of the Dillards. Laura says Jana is sassy but classy. That is a side of Jana the public has rarely seen. I could see her calling Jill out without regret.

The talk of her ring got me thinking. What if Jana has decided she been "called to remain single". I am fairly certain I learned that concept in my old SBC church. Maybe she insist on wearing the ring now as a symbol of that or a reminder to herself or to ward off guys she wants to just leave her alone? I know there is at least one group of nuns (perhaps all do this?) that receive rings/bands to wear as a symbol that they married Jesus or God or the Church (no idea which anymore and wow am I am bad Catholic). I am not sure if this idea was ever discussed, but if she decided this was her calling, and was able to "prove" it somehow to JB he may just have loosened the rules for her because he would not want to go against what might be God's will for Jana. It would also benefit him since they essentially get her to live at home and take care of them as they age. I know it would not be any norm in her culture and rather odd to be called to that given what they believe. Does anyone know if that is a concept they have?

It would be funny if in the end Lawson would end up with Laura. They seem like a much better match than him and Jana.

When was Jana ever known to be the BFF of Jill? Jessa and Jinger were always supposed to have been BFFs, but I don't recall ever hearing the same about Jana and Jill. I never got the impression they were particularly close. Did I miss something?

13 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Jana responding to a commenter. I hope it's loud and clear to all the leg humpers now

one.thumb.PNG.0412a696ea8fcffb0a871e4e8b4f4b9b.PNG

two.PNG.a77929b13d03ac5e96c01b2c18a35481.PNG

three.PNG

dick_cheneys_last_horcrux not only has the best username, but they also unapologetically called out Lawson’s famewhoring. Maybe it wasn’t exactly fair this time - all he did was indicate he liked the post - but I’m still going to gleefully enjoy their comment because they’re giving me life right now. ?

7 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It would be funny if in the end Lawson would end up with Laura. They seem like a much better match than him and Jana.

I also thought maybe Laura. She and Jana are close and frequently together. It would make sense that Lawson and Jana would be friends if he's courting her best friend. Remember also he's frequently seen at TTH during the holidays, considering how much Jana does to run the household, maybe he just appreciates/respects her. Yes; I know he is fundie. 

I honestly think Lawson is already in a committed, long term relationship with his selfie camera. 

48 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

When was Jana ever known to be the BFF of Jill? Jessa and Jinger were always supposed to have been BFFs, but I don't recall ever hearing the same about Jana and Jill. I never got the impression they were particularly close. Did I miss something? 

I think it is based on the fact they were paired together at the time of ''X kids and counting''. Jana accompanied Jill in her midwifery training, also when they volunteered at the fire department. Me thinks it was just them being paired together as the two eldest daughters and chaperonning one another.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived