IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

I'm guessing she's getting ready to announce a courtship, just because I don't recall any of her siblings ever getting on Instagram before they were courting. That would be a great way to drum up interest for the new season.

That said, it could be that they have/she has accepted that she's actually a grown woman and is capable of handling having a social media account despite having no man in her life! 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, isn't Jana missing from the new TLC photos? Ben and Jessa were also missing if I saw correctly, and they've had their big announcement already. 

34 minutes ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

Yeah I’m guessing that means she is courting. Josiah’s instagram use lined up with his courtship/breakup/courtship, so I really think they are only allowed the accounts once they have reached that milestone. 

Ye gads, that's a depressing thought.

2 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Also, isn't Jana missing from the new TLC photos? Ben and Jessa were also missing if I saw correctly, and they've had their big announcement already. 

Nice catch! You're right, all the couples who are still on the show (i,e. minus Jill & Derick) are in the photo except for Ben and Jessa... and Jana isn't in it either. You may just be onto something.

I would love to get an engagement announcement from Jana. No wild ridiculous internet/tabloid speculation about her *actual* courtship if/when it happens, just news that she is happily engaged and that she (or at least the Duggs...) will have a little bit more actual control over what is said about her actual relationship.

It would be nice if it’s just hey she is an adult and can handle social media but this is the Duggars so it’s more likely she is courting. If she is in a relationship it’s because she wants to be not because they need to get people interested again. 

40 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

No, I don’t think so. Josiah kept his after he broke up with Marjorie. He started posting again in August 2017 and announced his courtship with Lauren in January so he posted as a single guy for a few months. But I think him and Lauren were special friends during that time, so...

True but he wasn’t almost 30. Definitely curious though 

I think they’ve accepted that she’s an adult and social media is part of her job as a cast member on a reality show. 

I'd also like to believe that Jana was given instagram privileges because they're finally acknowledging her as an adult, but I'm expecting an announcement within the next two months.

Maybe it’s reverse psychology and she has an Instagram to attract a mate. 

I just hope she’s happy. 

Wow Jana has instagram. She is definitely going to be announcing a courtship soon. 

If she's courting, her guy probably doesn't have an Instagram, or it's pointless for her to follow him because soon enough 'janamduggar' will cease to exist and they will be merged into jananjoesixpack or whatever.

Back to speculating on the family finances, I would guess that the married couples were paid directly for televising their weddings, and I would also guess a lot of their 1000+ wedding guests gave them money as gifts, which could really add up.  500x50=25,000, for example.

if there’s one thing JB cares about, it’s money, and I imagine he’s sought competent financial advice in managing his money.  My father is a tax lawyer, and though I don’t understand the specifics, a lot of his work involves setting up various kinds of family trusts, family investment companies, skipping generation trusts, and things like these, that allow for the  transfer of family resources with minimized tax implications.  It’s hard to imagine JB not taking advantage of these kinds of options when they are both legal and readily available.

22 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think they’ve accepted that she’s an adult and social media is part of her job as a cast member on a reality show. 

I've been thinking about how weird the Duggar stance on social media is.  On the one hand, it's pretty obviously a tool some of the married daughters are using to make some money/blag free stuff alongside trying to use it as their mission platform, but on the other, the family do them a huge disservice by not letting them have social media until they're courting, so they have to pick it up from scratch, and learn on the run.

I always think the Bateses are more dangerous than the Duggars, and their approach to social media is part of it.  By letting their daughters first have private instagrams to communicate with families and friends, and then graduate to pre-Courtship insta, they have the chance to learn it younger, and seem far more relatable and normal than the Duggars. 

I hope for Jana's sake JB and M are relaxing their rules - I hope their 16+ sons are also allowed social media, IF they want it. 

34 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Wow, good for Jana, maybe if she's really good her folks will let her get a Neopets account next

I hold out hope that she's had a secret Xanga account this whole time just full of Evanescence lyrics and moody selfies taken from extremely high angles. 

That would be great if Jana is courting under the right circumstances - to someone she really likes and not some gross guy under pressure from her family.  She always wanted a guy who likes to get his hands dirty.  I hope she meets this guy who is also kind and wants her to flourish on her own and not just be a baby factory or an extension of him.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having babies.  No, of course not.  I just hope she's able to do what she likes on her own terms.  She's already raised most of her parents' children.  She may just want a break and have alone married time.

7 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I say courting. It would be fabulous if she was courting Lawson Bates, so much drama!

Yes! I think they would be an absolutely horrible couple, but you can't deny that the entertainment value would be priceless.

Omg I hope this is indicative of *some* sort of big change in her life. Even if it’s not courtship maybe it’s  starting/promoting her own Business! Moving out! Getting her own bank account! Getting her own TLC gardening spinoff! 

My nightmare scenario is that she's gotten into some kind of MLM and she's going to be pushing essential oils or diet shakes or costume jewellery on everyone.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived