IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

He seems young, but they are near each other, so basically engaged.

Lol there are so many people who think they smell courtship/marriage when a Duggar is within 10 ft. of an opposite gendered specimen, it's hilarious. A lot of the people that are with them in pics 3 and 4 are the Shoemaker family who have known the Duggars forever. They're heavily involved with SOS Ministries and go down pretty much every year or more. They've done these trips with the Duggars before.

Good observation for pic 2 but they posted another angle for that pic and in that one you can see Jana (right side) so she didn't take that pic. Pretty much all the pics from their album do not show JB unless it's a selfie so it's highly probable that he took most of these or if not him then Michelle or a son. 

C4D265D85CE562142F52776382206AB1.img-1444-photogallery.jpg

720717B46AC09DB3391BBF51779589B2.img-2023-photogallery.jpg

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Lol there are so many people who think they smell courtship/marriage when a Duggar is within 10 ft. of an opposite gendered specimen, it's hilarious. A lot of the people that are with them in pics 3 and 4 are the Shoemaker family who have known the Duggars forever. They're heavily involved with SOS Ministries and go down pretty much every year or more. They've done these trips with the Duggars before.

Good observation for pic 2 but they posted another angle for that pic and in that one you can see Jana (right side) so she didn't take that pic. Pretty much all the pics from their album do not show JB unless it's a selfie so it's highly probable that he took most of these or if not him then Michelle or a son. 

Oh good eye on finding Jana in that group shot. I didn't think it was her there because I saw the bare knees and black sneakers of the woman next to her and got my perspective off. A much more proper seat for her!

@Lurky And I wonder how Jill feels. This trip - temporary, with the extended family, not doing much except pray and hand out crap - is exactly what she meant when she spoke of her "heart for missions".

It looks like they went to SCA to have bible studies with their friends. They could have done that in NWA, but then they wouldn't get to show the world how amazing they are. 

Is that Laura and Justin on the left side in the back?

I'm sorry to say this but I would not be surprised if she is actually courting Caleb Williams, just think about it. Tabitha Paine married a convicted rapist despite of knowing about it and the families were all supporting them. Josh cheated on Anna plus she got married to him despite knowing what he had done as a teenager...and she not only chose to stay with him but also saw it has her duty, maybe even as her own fault!

The Duggars and Caleb have known each other for years. At this point we can be glad if Jana does not get the "Tabitha treatment" but we shouldn't be surprised if it happens since she is alsmost 29 years old and it's pretty clear that she is already considered an "almost spinster" in her circles.

For those of you that follow more fundie families than just the Duggars and Bates, I'm curious, what would you say is truly "fundie spinster" age? I feel like a good deal of these girls do get married very young but there's bound to be a sizeable contingent of them getting married later just because their social circles are limited and some of the more isolated ones probably don't have a ton of opportunities to meet single fundie guys. I don't know much about other fundie families so I don't have a good frame of reference for this.

33 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

For those of you that follow more fundie families than just the Duggars and Bates, I'm curious, what would you say is truly "fundie spinster" age?

@Bethella probably has the most reliable take on this because she is the keeper and updater of our invaluable "Fruit of the womb" project.  http://fruitofthewomb.freejinger.org

From the families I observe though, I would say that the Duggar and Bates families, with the recent influx of teen brides, are skewing more towards early marriage than is the norm - even for Fundies.

But some of it depends on the type of Fundie.  Dedicated Vaughn Ohlman followers marry their children off even earlier than the Duggars and Bateses.  However, some families think it is important  that the man buys a house debt-free before marriage, and they marry later. 

My perception is that the majority of young women seem to marry in their early to mid 20s, with the men a couple of years older.

Going by their blogs, the women themselves vocally pine for Prince Charming in their teens and early 20s.  They generally wait to start worrying about living out their lives in Godly spinsterhood until their mid to late 20s.   

I tend to think that their chances of marriage go down drastically when they hit 30, but certainly not until then.  Plenty marry between 25 and 30.  However the original poster girls for courtship, the Botkinettes, the Mallys, and Sarah Maxwell are now well into their 30s with no suitors in sight.  They are now the poster girls for Godly singleness. 

Of course there are any number of outliers that would skew our statistics even if we had a complete data base.   The never-married Arndts and 7 sisters (although one sister is dating), and exceptional marriages that seem to be arranged by Daddies.  The classic example of those would be Maranatha Chapman and her daughter: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2013/12/the-rest-of-the-maranatha-story.html

And the Tsantles-Brown marriage where the groom was all of 17 and the bride was pushing 23.  https://www.datalounge.com/thread/9843873-dominion-wackiness-post-of-the-week-the-wedding-of-blair-brown-and-taylor-tsantles-or-kelly-who-!-

I don't think Jana needs to be worried yet.  If she wants to get married, that is.

2 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

For those of you that follow more fundie families than just the Duggars and Bates, I'm curious, what would you say is truly "fundie spinster" age? I feel like a good deal of these girls do get married very young but there's bound to be a sizeable contingent of them getting married later just because their social circles are limited and some of the more isolated ones probably don't have a ton of opportunities to meet single fundie guys. I don't know much about other fundie families so I don't have a good frame of reference for this.

I remember some former-Fundie posters commenting that 25 years old was when people started thinking of you as "on the shelf" and wondering when you were finally going to get married. 

Considering turning thirty and being single can elicit that reaction in urban, non-Fundie circles, I'm guessing it happens a bit earlier than that for them. I don't doubt that people in their social circles are wondering about Jana and she is feeling some pressure. 

As @Palimpsest pointed out, there are several Fundie second gens who are well into their thirties and unmarried (in part perhaps because of some flaws in the courtship system). However, I don't think that is treated like the norm, and certainly isn't viewed as ideal. I think a lot of people talk about Sarah Maxwell and it's hurt Steve Maxwell's business. 

I don't even include the Arndts in any of this, because I'm not even sure if they can be considered as participating in any known human societal structure. We need to send Margaret Mead or Jane Goodall over there to observe them in their natural habitat for a year and send a report back to us. 

I might stick the Maxwell girls AND Steve more importantly, into Jane Goodall’s study. I guess those girls don’t need to get married or procreate because in Steve’s eyes those offspring would not add to his army’s numbers.

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Is that Laura and Justin on the left side in the back?

I'm sorry to say this but I would not be surprised if she is actually courting Caleb Williams, just think about it. Tabitha Paine married a convicted rapist despite of knowing about it and the families were all supporting them. Josh cheated on Anna plus she got married to him despite knowing what he had done as a teenager...and she not only chose to stay with him but also saw it has her duty, maybe even as her own fault!

The Duggars and Caleb have known each other for years. At this point we can be glad if Jana does not get the "Tabitha treatment" but we shouldn't be surprised if it happens since she is alsmost 29 years old and it's pretty clear that she is already considered an "almost spinster" in her circles.

I hear you, but I don't think Boob is stupid enough to do that.  He probably doesn't think less of Caleb after his arrest, but he knows that even the leghumpers would be upset if Caleb married into the family.  Everyone is expecting Prince Charming for Jana and he knows he has to deliver if he wants to keep the show going.  

I honestly think Jana has a special someone and they're not going to reveal until its almost a done deal a la Jabbie.  

Caleb was never courting Jana. I hope we can put this gross rumour to rest. He himself stated that they were not courting, and this was long before the allegations against him came out, so it's not like they were trying to do damage control. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Caleb was never courting Jana. I hope we can put this gross rumour to rest. He himself stated that they were not courting, and this was long before the allegations against him came out, so it's not like they were trying to do damage control. 

The Duggar’s also sold their wholesome lifestyle and family to TLC all the while knowing that their son had molested several of their daughters. They are irresponsible, lying liars who lie, and therefore their collective words need to be taken as a grain of salt. No one here really knows what is exactly the truth!

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggar’s also sold their wholesome lifestyle and family to TLC all the while knowing that their son had molested several of their daughters. They are irresponsible, lying liars who lie, and therefore their collective words need to be taken as a grain of salt. No one here really knows what is exactly the truth!

I totally agree, but I think what people are forgetting is that there is literally no reason to believe that he was ever close to courting any Duggar. The rumour got started because he was photographed sitting with them. That's it. Plenty of other guys have been photographed around them, it's impossible that they're all courting Jana (though that would be funny). The only reason this baseless rumour has been dredged up now is because of the salacious nature of Caleb's reappearance in the tabloid circuit.

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I'm not disputing at all that the Duggars are lying liars who lie, but a lot of families would cover up familial molestation (both to sell a certain lifestyle and because they are maybe ashamed of it, or to protect the victims), but I can't see an equally good reason to lie about a courtship.  Especially since they know a Jana courtship would be huge for them.  Caleb's denial was pretty emphatic  as well.  I think I agree with @singsingsing on this one - Jana and Caleb were not in a courtship.

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I don't even include the Arndts in any of this, because I'm not even sure if they can be considered as participating in any known human societal structure.

I know people say this all the time, but I literally spit take at this.

thanks for the mess!  :pb_lol:

57 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I'm not disputing at all that the Duggars are lying liars who lie, but a lot of families would cover up familial molestation (both to sell a certain lifestyle and because they are maybe ashamed of it, or to protect the victims), but I can't see an equally good reason to lie about a courtship.  Especially since they know a Jana courtship would be huge for them.  Caleb's denial was pretty emphatic  as well.  I think I agree with @singsingsing on this one - Jana and Caleb were not in a courtship.

My point was more toward the question of whether or not a known molester would be off JB’s list of suitors for one of his daughters. After all, he peddled one to the Kellers- Looking for a thread of logic here. I have no idea about any suitors for Jana, and I doubt any other FJer does either.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:58 AM, Lurky said:

I idly wonder if Derick is jealous that the Duggars are off on missioncation, while he's at home with the family....

I bet he secretly seethes whenever he's not invited in these international trips, like when they went to Australia too. 

@TheMustardCardigan, I agree with @Palimpsest. For the fundies we follow, the average age of marriage (when known) is 23 for women and 24 for men. But there are definite outliers in both directions- Cecily Bradrick got married at 39, Amanda Smith at 34, Tabitha Paine and Ruth Wissmann both at 32. Then you have Maranatha Chapman and her daughter, Autumn, Jessiqua Wittman who all married before 18. Jana is over the average age but she's not totally on the shelf yet.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I might stick the Maxwell girls AND Steve more importantly, into Jane Goodall’s study. I guess those girls don’t need to get married or procreate because in Steve’s eyes those offspring would not add to his army’s numbers.

Is that because they would be considered property of the husband?

On 12/29/2018 at 4:58 AM, Lurky said:

I idly wonder if Derick is jealous that the Duggars are off on missioncation, while he's at home with the family....

How can the Duggars go on these trips to save the little brown children from the ebil of Catholicism and turn such a blind eye and even worse support the shoving tiny children in camps separating them from their parents?

28 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Is that because they would be considered property of the husband?

How can the Duggars go on these trips to save the little brown children from the ebil of Catholicism and turn such a blind eye and even worse support the shoving tiny children in camps separating them from their parents?

It's easy to 'care' about something that doesn't affect you personally.  You just smile, spend a few dollars, feel good about yourself and then go on your merry way as if nothing has changed.  When you have a stake in a cause that you truly do care about, you quickly realize the situation is more complex than you thought, the solution is not easy, and takes actual work on your part to bring about change.  People who truly do care put in the work. 

That's why you see the Duggars do a lot of talking about 'problems', all the while choosing to remain ignorant of root causes and taking little to no action.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

They are irresponsible, lying liars who lie,

Yes, and documented liars at that. Remember early on, before Josh's farce, Michelle stated on camera that once married, the kids were on their own with no help from M/JB? That's only one documented lie.

10 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

There was a huge amount of pressure on me from within the religious community of my first husband to get married ASAP after turning 18 because "plain girls don't get the luxury of time". 

I have nothing to support my opinion, but i’ve always thought that Derrick may have approached JB about Jana first and she rejected him. Probably because she is a homebody that wants a hard working, manual labor type guy - which we know D is not. Jill is the one that wanted to be a missionary, so I think JB steered D toward her.

ETA: If so, good for her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived