IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

Previous thread here:

Jana's still at home living the single life. Still got a couple of months in the year, so really anything could happen. Marriage, new business, who knows? Let's find out...

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s lots of talk about Jana being ”picky”. If there is one area in life where you most definitly should be picky it’s when you are chosing your life partner. Especially if you don’t believe in divorces. 

8 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

There’s lots of talk about Jana being ”picky”. If there is one area in life where you most definitly should be picky it’s when you are chosing your life partner. Especially if you don’t believe in divorces. 

To use a very Duggar approved word - AMEN! Being married is no joke, and more people need to take it seriously. I thought I understood the gravity of it before I married my ex and I...really wasn’t. I adore my current boyfriend. He’s the best person I’ve ever dated, has a good head on his shoulders, and ticks off pretty much every box I could ever hope for. I would be thrilled if he and I end up being a very long term thing that lasts until we’re both old(er) and (more) gray, but I can’t imagine giving up life as I’m currently living it to make all the compromises that come with sharing a life with someone full time. I see all these fundies meeting, marrying, and becoming parents in under a year and a half and can’t for the life of me fathom how they do it.

This is what I envision for Jana. I hope she meets a nice young man who’s led a quiet hard-working life, but has absolutely no interest in appearing on the Duggars TV show though. I don’t think that Jana would mind giving up her public life at all. I think it would be awesome if Jana and her spouse decided that there will be no public video coverage of their wedding. I’d like to see her get married in her garden with only immediate family and close friends present.  Jana could put out photos of her wedding on social media like most brides do, but it’s all under her control. No People magazine, etc.  I could see Jana and her husband  starting an organic farming business together with enough space that they expand into hosting Pinteresty shabby chic weddings and showers, etc. I hope that Jana would be happy with limiting her family to two or three kids and would have the opportunity to work at her own business even after having kids. I think Jana will become the first Duggar child to become truly free and not beholden in any way to the family fame. 

23 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Absolutely. Be sure or go home. Literally. It shouldn't just be something you do for the sake of being able to say that you've done it! Because you have to then live with the consequences of the decision. 

8 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Reminder:  Fanfic is not allowed on FJ.  

But what should I do with my story about Jana and Professor Snape?

I have never understood why being picky when it comes to life partners is a bad thing. God forbid a woman want a man with his shit together that she doesn't have to babysit through life. Men/women are not a DIY project!

14 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Reminder:  Fanfic is not allowed on FJ.  

What is fanfic? I don't recall reading about this when I signed up and read things over...

It's there:

No fan fiction or real person fan fiction

Free Jinger does not allow the posting of Fan Fiction or Real Person fiction.

Fan fiction is fiction about fictional characters, written by fans. Real person (fan) fiction is fiction about real people, also written by fans.

If  a post says made up things, with the semblance of a plot or dialogue, about the folks we snark on, as though such things were true, that's real person fanfic. 

https://www.freejinger.org/faq/8-guidelines/#elQuestion-101

FJ actually used to have a whole forum for fundie fan fiction. It was incredibly creepy (I remember this one multi part story about Michelle having an affair) and I was very happy when it was removed and the new rule instated.

5 hours ago, Mlissmartin said:

What is fanfic? I don't recall reading about this when I signed up and read things over...

fanfiction.png

Based on Jana's description of her ideal husband, I think she pretty much needs a clone of Chad Paine.

6 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Based on Jana's description of her ideal husband, I think she pretty much needs a clone of Chad Paine.

I skimmed that quickly and read Chris Pine and was like “damn girl yes I can see it!” :pb_lol:

D9B8D461-12AA-40CE-8C80-3140CEF7CFB6.jpeg

Sadly, Chad is aging rapidly. Three kids in three years, not to mention all the side work on top of working and doing a lot of active parenting will do that to a person.

I looked up Chad Paine. He's younger than me, has more children than me, even though he had his first child when I did. A kid every year does not seem healthy at all for a woman's body, leaving no time to recoup. But this is fundie-land we're talking about here, so different rules I guess.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:22 AM, GoddessOfVictory said:

Hm, wasn't there once a rumor that Jana liked Chad Paine too but Erin snatched him? I don't know where I read this. Does someone know where the rumor started?

On 10/5/2018 at 3:43 AM, JDuggs said:

This is what I envision for Jana. I hope she meets a nice young man who’s led a quiet hard-working life, but has absolutely no interest in appearing on the Duggars TV show though. 

This. 

I think a guy Jana would be interested in would be rather quiet and private and doesn‘t want to be part of a TV Show. 

Her future husband might prefere his privacy but single life above being the centre of public attention and thus would never even show up with Jim Bob.

Hope, this makes sense. 

I think y’all are forgetting the key point: He would have to court Jim Bob Duggar so to speak before he courts Jana Duggar And I don’t know that he would agree to a suitor that dosen’t want to be part of the circus at all. I think a young man would at the very least have to agree to sign with TLC for occasional  appearances and major events like births and  filmed big trips. 

20 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Hm, wasn't there once a rumor that Jana liked Chad Paine too but Erin snatched him? I don't know where I read this. Does someone know where the rumor started?

Huh. I guess I hadn't heard that rumor. I was just picking a clone of Chad for Jana because she says she wants "a hard-working guy versus an office-job guy". Also, a guy who "isn't afraid to get his hands dirty". Chad seems to fit the bill, while also being fundie. Plus, he's right around her age and he seems mature and responsible, unlike some other Bates-connected people she's rumored to be linked with *cough*Lawson*cough*. Too bad Chad is already married.

I was looking at the DFO-blog and I hate how, now that JD is paired, Jana looks so out of place with all the couples between her and the next twins.

On 10/7/2018 at 3:29 AM, eveandadam said:

It was definitely around here somewhere. Did Chad get married around the time that Jana seemed depressed and talked about “working on her contentment”?

I'm sorry but I'm just going to be this person: friendly reminder that Chad is IBLP royalty (from a family that I would describe as particularly nasty), hasn't shown any significant deviation from the cult, and we can't really know how people are through reality TV.

Maybe it's easy for me because I don't think he's hot? I don't know, but Chad as a pet fundie really grinds my gears. I get it that from what we know he seems to really love Erin and if so- cool (see spoiler)- seeing as she's his wife and all.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Honestly I'm glad Jana doesn't have the Paines as in-laws. I always just hope she's happy, whatever it is going on with her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived