IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and M'kids part 18: The Prodigal Son Returneth

Buzzard

18 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

About the kids saying creepy things:

I don’t know if I’m wording this right. I’m guessing that some* of these stories are just kids trying to connect the dots between themselves and the people who were important to the people the child loves most. It’s a way to feel connected and involved. Or they’re using the world around them and people in their families to practice using their imaginations. Kind of like how Psychics throw out vague generalized questions and use the answers to twist the reading to seem accurate (just, you know, innocent and not on purpose since the kids are so young.) Like this:

8D8BCF61-EC42-4717-AA47-0CF2CC83D466.jpeg.0a74fab0a611c12188a351ca7dafb288.jpeg

To give an example mentioned here:

I think it was @Granwychwho mentioned their child talking about Grandma’s glasses, which they probably couldn’t have known about because Grandma had passed away before they were born. Lots of people wear glasses though, especially people who are older (which, to be fair, is everyone over the age of 10 to a toddler. Lol!) Maybe the child noticed that from family members or cartoons and mentioned that Grandma wore glasses too based off that observation. They didn’t really know that Grandma wore glasses, they were just making an educated guess based off their observations. 

*I purposely said some. I’m a skeptic when it comes to the supernatural, but I understand not everyone feels the same way. 

Would I be correct if I say you've not experienced anything like some here have? Though I get your sceptisism (sp.?), I've had my fair share of kids saying weird things and it does make you think differently.

My daughter, 4.5yo, knew I was pregnant before I could test and did not know our wish and struggles, nobody knew. "Mommy what's the baby's name?" (What baby? I only have you) " no, your other baby!".  Tested positive a week later, that became her sister.

She then (5,5) talked about my next pregnancies before I even figured it out myself. "Why do you have another  baby if you already have a baby?" I miscarried, but she was dead serious in asking. I wasn't even 4 weeks yet.

Then 3mo. later, playing with duplo with her dad, "that's me, that's you, that's sissy and this is the new baby". I will never forget my husbands "oh hell no, not again" look on his face. I tested positive 6 days later. I miscarried shortly after.

She has never mentioned a baby other than those moments. We weren't trying, at all. She did "miss" the final pregnancy (that I miscarried) 3 months later (again), and that always felt weird, why didn't she "know"? You get used to it. 

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pickles on FB shared the information about Anna and Josh moving. Their house is listed on sale. I got to say, from the inside, these house is really beautiful.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Siloam-Springs-AR/pmf,pf_pt/70680586_zpid/7074_rid/globalrelevanceex_sort/36.385359,-94.149056,36.027999,-94.76429_rect/10_zm/?fbclid=IwAR0VmQ9d9WM36tKoWtBiqn4cF19QUpneIheqiamvciJiSeebGqe7NZGGV-E

Pickles doesnt have the information where are they actually moving or why. ?

26 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

Pickles on FB shared the information about Anna and Josh moving. Their house is listed on sale. I got to say, from the inside, these house is really beautiful.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Siloam-Springs-AR/pmf,pf_pt/70680586_zpid/7074_rid/globalrelevanceex_sort/36.385359,-94.149056,36.027999,-94.76429_rect/10_zm/?fbclid=IwAR0VmQ9d9WM36tKoWtBiqn4cF19QUpneIheqiamvciJiSeebGqe7NZGGV-E

The price history looks odd to me. It dropped considerably and was sold twice in the same year. Then the price jumped again. 

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Would I be correct if I say you've not experienced anything like some here have? Though I get your sceptisism (sp.?), I've had my fair share of kids saying weird things and it does make you think differently.

My daughter, 4.5yo, knew I was pregnant before I could test and did not know our wish and struggles, nobody knew. "Mommy what's the baby's name?" (What baby? I only have you) " no, your other baby!".  Tested positive a week later, that became her sister.

She then (5,5) talked about my next pregnancies before I even figured it out myself. "Why do you have another  baby if you already have a baby?" I miscarried, but she was dead serious in asking. I wasn't even 4 weeks yet.

Then 3mo. later, playing with duplo with her dad, "that's me, that's you, that's sissy and this is the new baby". I will never forget my husbands "oh hell no, not again" look on his face. I tested positive 6 days later. I miscarried shortly after.

She has never mentioned a baby other than those moments. We weren't trying, at all. She did "miss" the final pregnancy (that I miscarried) 3 months later (again), and that always felt weird, why didn't she "know"? You get used to it. 

As far as I know I haven’t had any experiences like this. If I have then there was probably a pretty obvious alternative explanation for it and that would be why I don’t remember.

I’m not looking to start a debate or argument. Kids learn about the world and make sense of it through pretend play and coming up with stories is a big part of that. Sometimes those stories are obviously made up, but a lot of times the stories sound realistic enough. It makes perfect sense to me that a young child could come across as unintentionally creepy when they’re simply attempting to play pretend, especially if it’s something pretty common that they’ve observed in the world around them. My basic point is that while it’s certainly still possible that there’s a supernatural explanation, in many cases there is also an innocent explanation for why a child says or acts a certain way that has nothing to do with the supernatural and everything to do with pretty normal development.

47 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

As far as I know I haven’t had any experiences like this. If I have then there was probably a pretty obvious alternative explanation for it and that would be why I don’t remember.

I’m not looking to start a debate or argument. Kids learn about the world and make sense of it through pretend play and coming up with stories is a big part of that. Sometimes those stories are obviously made up, but a lot of times the stories sound realistic enough. It makes perfect sense to me that a young child could come across as unintentionally creepy when they’re simply attempting to play pretend, especially if it’s something pretty common that they’ve observed in the world around them. My basic point is that while it’s certainly still possible that there’s a supernatural explanation, in many cases there is also an innocent explanation for why a child says or acts a certain way that has nothing to do with the supernatural and everything to do with pretty normal development.

Interesting view. The way I see it, children are more sensible to pick up signals than adults are. The same way animals would stay with/on people who are dying or pregnant. They just know. 

2 hours ago, miss_batson said:

It's weird to me that there's no basement. Aren't there tornados around there? 

Also they have a lot of security. I wonder if there have been threats against Josh. 

It’s common in the US south for houses to be built on slabs because the water table is too high to accommodate a basement.

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

The price history looks odd to me. It dropped considerably and was sold twice in the same year. Then the price jumped again. 

Zillow and similar sites pull all transactions from local property records, but not all of those transactions are actually sales. My guess is it was some sort of deed transfer/change. We sold our house about a year ago, and had something similar show up on our Zillow listing. We changed the way our deed was titled in 2015, and it showed up in county records as a $74,000 sale, although all we paid was the administrative fee for the deed transfer, which I think was a few hundred dollars. And the actual value of our house was quite a bit higher than $74,000. I don't know where the county got the amount from. I live in an area with a lot of older people, and I see listings like that when people change their deed to include a trust or add their children too. 

4 hours ago, miss_batson said:

TMZ broke the news before pickles.

They’ve already moved. The house is staged in the photos. I like the house a lot, except that I think I would find tile floors that look like wood really disconcerting. The Zillow description lists a ton of upgrades. I wonder if Jim Bob buys fancy house fixings in bulk, then gives them out to his kids as well as using them in the real estate business.

A major selling point - 13 miles from Sam's Club.

Woo hoo!  I'd surely pay 300k for that perk!

I noticee in the listing pictures that there's only one kid's room. Does that mean the male and female M'kids were sharing?! No 'safeguards'?

Why aren’t all the support posts/columns painted on the outside? It makes everything look less sturdy. Is that the style in that area?

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I noticee in the listing pictures that there's only one kid's room. Does that mean the male and female M'kids were sharing?! No 'safeguards'?

That would be super weird in a 5-bedroom house.

It's possible that they moved because the kids need more space as they grow older, and/or that they are adding to the family later this year. 

18 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

A major selling point - 13 miles from Sam's Club.

Woo hoo!  I'd surely pay 300k for that perk!

I haven’t checked, but I strongly suspect that the distances to Sam’s Club and Walmart meant their corporate headquarters, which are in that area.

5 hours ago, xenobia said:

It's possible that they moved because the kids need more space as they grow older, and/or that they are adding to the family later this year. 

That would seem a bit bizarre given that they're largely subsidized by JimBob, who lived with plenty of kids in far smaller spaces.

13 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

That would be super weird in a 5-bedroom house.

Unless it's the same tactic as the main house, to protect the kids.

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Unless it's the same tactic as the main house, to protect the kids.

The main house doesn't keep the boys and girls in one room though.

I thought I saw two different rooms with bunk beds? Or maybe I’m just seeing things ? 

eta: oh nope went back and looked again and it’s just the one. I’d guess they had separate rooms but that it just wasn’t photographed. What I don’t get is why they moved from this super nice house. Looks like a great place to raise kids. 

On 3/14/2019 at 8:00 AM, singsingsing said:

Some one said somewhere* that the family had already moved out and the house is staged for sale. If so, that furniture doesn't have anything to do with their family. 

*And of course I believed it... it's on the internet!

I don't know why that empty quote box is up there... I didn't do it, not that singsingsing doesn't have something worthy to quote. I tried this 3 times and the empty quote box keeps appearing.

2 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Some one said somewhere* that the family had already moved out and the house is staged for sale. If so, that furniture doesn't have anything to do with their family. 

*And of course I believed it... it's on the internet!

I don't know why that empty quote box is up there... I didn't do it, not that singsingsing doesn't have something worthy to quote. I tried this 3 times and the empty quote box keeps appearing.

No worries! Did you try clicking on the top of the box (dark grey bar) and then hitting the delete key on your keyboard? That usually works for me. Took me a long while to figure that out, though!

It definitely seems like the house is staged. I'm sure, given Josh's history and the Duggars' beliefs about keeping boys and girls separate, they had at least two separate kids' rooms.

I'm also wondering why they sold the house, since it seems more than big enough even if they were to have two or three more children. 

I did not try or know to try to click on the top of the box and delete, thank you, I'll do that when it happens again.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived