IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and M'kids part 18: The Prodigal Son Returneth

Buzzard

45 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

It kinda feels like Anna adopted Jordyn. She's always with her. 

Well it's not like Jordyn's actual mother is ever around. Seriously what do her and JB do all day?

Is anyone familiar with the museum they're at? It looks like a children's science museum, I'm curious if it's actually science or creationism. 

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Well it's not like Jordyn's actual mother is ever around. Seriously what do her and JB do all day?

Is anyone familiar with the museum they're at? It looks like a children's science museum, I'm curious if it's actually science or creationism. 

I haven’t been there, but it’s the Scott Family Amazeum in Bentonville. It “aims to create an environment where families have the opportunity to laugh, imagine, play, question, and explore together” (bolding mine). It looks like an activity center without much real science or fundamentalist indoctrination.

11 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I haven’t been there, but it’s the Scott Family Amazeum in Bentonville. It “aims to create an environment where families have the opportunity to laugh, imagine, play, question, and explore together” (bolding mine). It looks like an activity center without much real science or fundamentalist indoctrination.

It does look like a fun place for kids. 

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

You know, I never thought of this until reading what you bolded, but I bet selectively teaching kids to question things is another great way to keep them in the fold. It basically removes the argument of "your parents taught you to never question anything; of course you haven't considered that your version of religion is problematic!" As soon as they hear that, the kiddy science experiments come to mind (ex. How does water go up a straw? Why does sugar dissolve in hot tea but not in iced tea?) or even guided questions about the Bible that allow the parents to teach whatever they want after the kids try to think a little more critically (and fail to reach the same misguided conclusion that the parents want). 

Their parents HAVE taught them to question the world around them and question the Bible, so someone pointing out that they are brainwashed likely registers as completely false to them. 

I'm sure this is obvious to some, but I just realized I sort of had this idea in my head that fundy kids were discouraged from asking questions and basically just preached at 24/7, but I bet for many of them, that isn't the case at all. Teaching your kids to question things and then guiding them to the answers you want just makes the brainwashing even stronger, because they think they truly understand WHY they believe something to be true. 

15 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I would not be so positive about that. Jordyn was probably assigned to help take care of Anna's growing brood, together with Mackkynzie, of course. You would think that  since Jordyn is the second youngest one in Michelle's quiver she would not have to take over raising a whole sports team of children, but there are always enough nieces and nephews around to be needed as a nanny or literal as a substitute mother. It's so sad that even being the youngest one of the children will not save them form being used like that. Young marriage really is the only way out. Mackkynzie and Jordyn could be the next Janas.

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

I would not be so positive about that. Jordyn was probably assigned to help take care of Anna's growing brood, together with Mackkynzie, of course. You would think that  since Jordyn is the second youngest one in Michelle's quiver she would not have to take over raising a whole sports team of children, but there are always enough nieces and nephews around to be needed as a nanny or literal as a substitute mother. It's so sad that even being the youngest one of the children will not save them form being used like that. Young marriage really is the only way out. Mackkynzie and Jordyn could be the next Janas.

Yeah, that's the sense I get. And considering that besides Mack (Felicity and Meredith are too young to start their sister-mom duties), all the grandkids are boys, the Lost Girls are almost certainly going to get shanghaied into sister-mom duty because unlike Michelle, the older girls/SILs don't have a clutch of girls to take over running their households while they pump out more kids. 

If Alyssa Webster keeps having kids, she's the best disposed to be the next Kelly or Michelle because so far she has a veritable army of daughter-moms at the ready. 

@Ms. Brightside Excuse me please, but why does sugar dissolve in hot tea but not in iced tea? I never thought about it until now. Now I have to do some research or this will bug me the whole day. I sucked in chemistry, but if the teachers did have asked us questions like these, I could have been way more interested in that subject. 

Research: so, sugar dissolves in water because water has two dipol-ends which crack up the sugar-crystals ( it seems as if the sugar-molecules hang together). So the sugar-molecules itselfs are not broken up, but they can swim through the water as if they were single. It is a pure mechanic physical rearrangememt of the molecules. 

But why does that not work in iced tea? I have to do more research, but let me promise: I'll be back. I wanna know now! 

Edit: no more research needed, Mr. S. says it is because the water molecules move faster in hot water. Now I earned myself a cookie...and a cup of tea :cupcake:

Jordyn probably enjoys hanging out with McKynzie even if she has to do a little extra work with the younger sibs that she wouldn't have to do at home.  Maybe it's nice to get invited to something without Josie.  

On 1/18/2019 at 12:23 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Jordyn and Mac are the same age. So it's likely that they play together a lot or spend a lot of time together. It's nice that Anna includes her. I don't know if Jordyn and Mac are sister Moms already; we really can't tell because neither of them are playing a part in Counting On. 

I was just at the amazeum 2 weeks ago! It’s actually a fantastic children’s museum. They have a section on bones/anatomy, but nothing explicitly related to evolution or anything else that would cause them to question anything. It’s mostly play spaces and kid versions of physical science (the pulleys, topographical maps with sand, some things that light up, etc)

Anna hasn't really seemed to use sister mom's but we don't see much of her. I think Mac and Jordyn have been mentioned before as being besties.

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Jordyn probably enjoys hanging out with McKynzie even if she has to do a little extra work with the younger sibs that she wouldn't have to do at home.  Maybe it's nice to get invited to something without Josie.

I bolded the part that made me think... I wonder how nice it was for Jana, and perhaps Jessa and Jinger, when Jill married and moved out? It may have been a relief even though they had to take on more household duties, assuming the 3 older girls and Joy took on all of what Jill did... I mean, who else would do it?

On 1/19/2019 at 11:37 AM, Cheetah said:

Maybe it's nice to get invited to something without Josie.  

Cannot scream this loud enough!!!

Jenni at least seems to have closer connections to Hannie.....I am glad Jordyn has Mack to pal around with. Perhaps since Anna has many sisters, she understands and wants to show Jord a little extra attention. 

We have already seen that Josie is shown extreme degrees of favortism and gets away with things the other kinds never would. This isn't on her, of course, but rather MEChelle and Boob.....that being said, I am at least thankful that Josie doesn't give off the Bratty Mean Girl vibe that Blessa-Witch-Chin does. Can you imagine how big of a colossal twat that Josie would become if she had Jessa's narcissism and mean-spirited attitude about her, compiled with being shown off as Miracle Trophy Baby?

I secretly hope Josie pulls a Miley Cyrus on MEchelle's stage-momming and goes liberal-bonkers in a few years. I look forward to her twerk at Silver Dollar City on her 21st birthday. 

14 hours ago, Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work said:

Cannot scream this loud enough!!!

Jenni at least seems to have closer connections to Hannie.....I am glad Jordyn has Mack to pal around with. Perhaps since Anna has many sisters, she understands and wants to show Jord a little extra attention. 

We have already seen that Josie is shown extreme degrees of favortism and gets away with things the other kinds never would. This isn't on her, of course, but rather MEChelle and Boob.....that being said, I am at least thankful that Josie doesn't give off the Bratty Mean Girl vibe that Blessa-Witch-Chin does. Can you imagine how big of a colossal twat that Josie would become if she had Jessa's narcissism and mean-spirited attitude about her, compiled with being shown off as Miracle Trophy Baby?

I secretly hope Josie pulls a Miley Cyrus on MEchelle's stage-momming and goes liberal-bonkers in a few years. I look forward to her twerk at Silver Dollar City on her 21st birthday. 

Can we please not use the word “twat” in relation to a minor child? Seriously, there are far better ways to word whatever your point is. 

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Can we please not use the word “twat” in relation to a minor child? Seriously, there are far better ways to word whatever your point is. 

Not to mention 'Blessa-Witch-Chin' - the fuck? 

On 1/19/2019 at 4:53 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

If Alyssa Webster keeps having kids, she's the best disposed to be the next Kelly or Michelle because so far she has a veritable army of daughter-moms at the ready. 

Erin also isn't too badly positioned with 2/3 girls.

I really hope that Jessa has another boy. Not just for the obvious reasons but because if she has a girl, my guess is she'd try to have a 4th very soon in hopes of another girl so they could be besties like she and Jinger were. 

17 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I thought that post was funny ..... going to prayer closet now.

It did make me lol. Not gonna lie. I'm so having one of those days!  I need some ridiculous humor, badly.  3 people I love are having major scary medical issues.  I'll take my laughs as they come!  As inappropriate as they may be. ?‍♀️

16 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

It did make me lol. Not gonna lie. I'm so having one of those days!  I need some ridiculous humor, badly.  3 people I love are having major scary medical issues.  I'll take my laughs as they come!  As inappropriate as they may be. ?‍♀️

Dudes, I'm not saying I didn't laugh. I did. Just in a 'wtf' way. I've never heard anyone insulted as 'witch-chin' and I'm cracking up just typing it. For the record, I don't think Jessa has a 'witch-chin'. That would be way too cool, and anyway, fundies can only have Jesus chins.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, OyToTheVey said:

It is always convenient to "adopt" one extra sister-mom.

42 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I don’t necessarily like people making fun of physical appearance, but Jessa is an adult who is willingly choosing to live a very public life. I’d much rather see people focus on her nasty beliefs, but she’s fair game for some criticism and snark. I do take issue with using nasty language about a minor child who had no say in the fact that she was raised the way she was in such a public manner though. I get what the original poster was trying to say, but I find their word choice pretty inappropriate given that Josie is only 9. 

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t necessarily like people making fun of physical appearance, but Jessa is an adult who is willingly choosing to live a very public life. I’d much rather see people focus on her nasty beliefs, but she’s fair game for some criticism and snark. I do take issue with using nasty language about a minor child who had no say in the fact that she was raised the way she was in such a public manner though. I get what the original poster was trying to say, but I find their word choice pretty inappropriate given that Josie is only 9. 

I totally agree, but the poster could also be British/Australian or some nationality where that word doesn't have the same weight it does in this part of the world.  But calling any nine year old who had no choice but to lead a public life is objectionable to me, regardless.

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I totally agree.  Very sarcastic humor makes me laugh, I like it best w/o the nasty words to a minor but I still laughed. Sometimes,  I just land up lol'ing spontaneously at inappropriate things when stressed to the max.  If anything, wishing a wild Miley episode on the child got me to not giggle anymore.  I don't want that for her, at all!!!  

56 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Dudes, I'm not saying I didn't laugh. I did. Just in a 'wtf' way. I've never heard anyone insulted as 'witch-chin' and I'm cracking up just typing it. For the record, I don't think Jessa has a 'witch-chin'. That would be way too cool, and anyway, fundies can only have Jesus chins.

Well, personally, I immediately slapped a wart on that sucker and made it work in my minds eye!  It does work. ??

On 1/19/2019 at 8:35 AM, Scrabblemaster said:

@Ms. Brightside Excuse me please, but why does sugar dissolve in hot tea but not in iced tea? I never thought about it until now. Now I have to do some research or this will bug me the whole day. I sucked in chemistry, but if the teachers did have asked us questions like these, I could have been way more interested in that subject. 

Research: so, sugar dissolves in water because water has two dipol-ends which crack up the sugar-crystals ( it seems as if the sugar-molecules hang together). So the sugar-molecules itselfs are not broken up, but they can swim through the water as if they were single. It is a pure mechanic physical rearrangememt of the molecules. 

But why does that not work in iced tea? I have to do more research, but let me promise: I'll be back. I wanna know now! 

Edit: no more research needed, Mr. S. says it is because the water molecules move faster in hot water. Now I earned myself a cookie...and a cup of tea :cupcake:

Ooh ooh! I can help. To break the bonds between the sugar molecules, you need to put energy in. Hot water has more thermal energy so it breaks bonds more easily. (Most bonds work this way, sometimes you get energy out to dissolve them and then you get the reverse trend.)

Science!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived