IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and M'kids part 18: The Prodigal Son Returneth

Buzzard

Hey now, Sister Ditzy and Sister Kynzie.. if they never marry they can set up a cloister of spinster maidens called the The Little Sisters  of Rufus!

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Dithy” could be a nickname they got from one of the kids. I could see one of the little Grandduggars calling her Dithy because they can’t pronounce Meredith.

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Surely you jest, your nick name is Carrie :pb_lol: 

Just don't go to the prom with anybody named Carrie

For all the talk about Dithy being a bad nickname (I think it is) it certainly isn't the worst meredith nickname I've heard. It beats Merebitch, which is what a child with speech issues called a former coworker of mine.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

“Dithy” could be a nickname they got from one of the kids. I could see one of the little Grandduggars calling her Dithy because they can’t pronounce Meredith.

That's the explanation that Lauren gave to one of the comments on that post, that it became her nickname when one of the younger kids couldn't pronounce her name properly.

12 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Just don't go to the prom with anybody named Carrie

Prom doesn't exist here so I won't hurt anybody.

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

Anna posted about fun fall day at the park with little Duggar, Seewallds and Dillards

At least the kids are cute. Shame about their parents' beliefs, though. 

I don’t understand why JB does not just build a great big super cool Playground on all that land. They will need one for years and money is not an issue. 

18 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I don’t understand why JB does not just build a great big super cool Playground on all that land. They will need one for years and money is not an issue. 

It's a good idea, and they could also build a room to use as a co-op. Anna and Jessa could be teacher-moms and probably the cousins would enjoy it. 

But JB is not going to spend a dollar in a playground for the grandkids or any other thing for them. Duggar kids barely had toys or storybooks, even when they were already in tv and had a lot of money. 

I've often wondered the same. They could easily put up a small house on the property - 2 rooms, bathroom, and a small kitchen to do lunches/snacks, and have all the kids home schooled together. Combined with a playground outside and it would save enormous amounts of time for the Moms, since we all know the Dads won't do squat. And that way if each Mom taught one or two things, she'd benefit from not being tied to the kids all day long. Hell, they could take one of the multiple small houses (like Ben's & Jessa's) and turn that into a school house essentially. Instead all these second gen Duggars will keep having babies and they'll all homeschool them ineffectively alone. There is literally no critical thinking being done here.

I guess you could argue that Jim Bob is just THAT cheap, but the reality is that it wouldn't cost all that much money. He and the kids are used to renovating/flipping houses - between the twins and the lost boys there is a LOT of manual labour to go around, not to mention that Joe, Josiah & Josh appear to be not that busy and heaven only knows what Ben does. They could repurpose an existing house really quickly and on the cheap.

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I've often wondered the same. They could easily put up a small house on the property - 2 rooms, bathroom, and a small kitchen to do lunches/snacks, and have all the kids home schooled together. Combined with a playground outside and it would save enormous amounts of time for the Moms, since we all know the Dads won't do squat. And that way if each Mom taught one or two things, she'd benefit from not being tied to the kids all day long. Hell, they could take one of the multiple small houses (like Ben's & Jessa's) and turn that into a school house essentially. Instead all these second gen Duggars will keep having babies and they'll all homeschool them ineffectively alone. There is literally no critical thinking being done here.

I guess you could argue that Jim Bob is just THAT cheap, but the reality is that it wouldn't cost all that much money. He and the kids are used to renovating/flipping houses - between the twins and the lost boys there is a LOT of manual labour to go around, not to mention that Joe, Josiah & Josh appear to be not that busy and heaven only knows what Ben does. They could repurpose an existing house really quickly and on the cheap.

Wouldn't that be a school, Not a home school? There might be more regulations in it, which they need to avoid 

11 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Wouldn't that be a school, Not a home school? There might be more regulations in it, which they need to avoid 

I don't know the regulations in Arkansas, but typically home schooling is defined as children being educated by a parent or legal guardian (it does not have to be in or within the home and so there would be no issue with it being at a different location). While this would run afoul of having your aunts teaching you, let's not forget that the older girls taught their siblings, which would also not be permissible under the same definition. Isn't Jana still homeschooling the younger kids now?

Is the last picture Mykenzie and Jordan?  They look like twins.  I never noticed before.

17 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Is the last picture Mykenzie and Jordan?  They look like twins.  I never noticed before.

It looks like it's Mackynzie and Meredith, so sisters.

21 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Yes that's them.  They do look like twins.  @eveandadam maybe you were looking at at different picture? Meredith is several years younger than Kenzie.  

3 minutes ago, JMO said:

Yes that's them.  They do look like twins.  @eveandadam maybe you were looking at at different picture? Meredith is several years younger than Kenzie.  

Ops, sorry, yes I was! It's Jordyn and Mackynzie and they really do look alike! I almost wanted to point out that they are cousins, but then I realized they are aunt and niece....

Meredith is just a big squishy ball of cuteness. I think Jordyn is going to grow up to be a stunning young woman, she is very striking.  

I think the main reason JB won't or hasn't put up play equipment is the liability. They have such large groups of people over so frequently someone's child could get hurt on their property and sue the Duggar's. Because we all know that is what JB would do to them.  

They have an indoor playroom, complete with a slide from the second floor. They have a ton of outdoor toys - bikes, scooters, etc. - along with swings hanging from trees. There’s a (pretty awesome) basketball court & trampoline behind the house, and they have the treehouse out front now. The land around the house slopes quite a bit, so it’s possible that’s the reason there’s not a big playground area. I hadn’t thought of the liability, but that makes sense, too. 

Mack and Jordyn definitely look like twins.

As a pole dancer, that pic of Mike on the pole made me smile. He looks like he's about to bust out a cool pole move.

In other news, I did a lap dance for a young man who looked like he could be a Duggar relative on Friday night. He got me right after my kinky nun act. I demanded he come into my prayer closet and confess his sins.

Clearly I spend too much time on this board.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:03 AM, AtlanticTug said:

I don't know the regulations in Arkansas, but typically home schooling is defined as children being educated by a parent or legal guardian (it does not have to be in or within the home and so there would be no issue with it being at a different location). While this would run afoul of having your aunts teaching you, let's not forget that the older girls taught their siblings, which would also not be permissible under the same definition. Isn't Jana still homeschooling the younger kids now?

Could they also label it a co-op too? I'm not sure if there are rules with co-ops either.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived