IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and M'kids part 18: The Prodigal Son Returneth

Buzzard

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

Despite the clickbait article, based on Anna's spacing, the next baby is predicted December 2019. 

Well, conception would be December 2019, not the baby itself.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Well, conception would be December 2019, not the baby itself.

No, I meant what I said. The baby’s birth is predicted for December 2019, 12 months from now. Anna has been adding a month to her gaps between babies pretty consistently, which puts her predicted gap at 2 years 3 months. Mason was born in September 2017, so the prediction is that baby #6 will arrive in December 2019, conception would be three months from now in March 2019.

8 minutes ago, Bethella said:

No, I meant what I said. The baby’s birth is predicted for December 2019, 12 months from now. Anna has been adding a month to her gaps between babies pretty consistently, which puts her predicted gap at 2 years 3 months. Mason was born in September 2017, so the prediction is that baby #6 will arrive in December 2019, conception would be three months from now in March 2019.

Oh shit you are right, I read it as 2018 so I thought you meant that the clickbait might be right with a baby coming up. But we are actually saying the same thing: she is not due to be pregnant at the moment.

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

Despite the clickbait article, based on Anna's spacing, the next baby is predicted December 2019. 

OR she could hand smuggar a box of tissue, tell him to use his imagination, and spare any new babies being born to those two moronic fuckwits.

Just a suggestion.

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

OR she could hand smuggar a box of tissue, tell him to use his imagination, and spare any new babies being born to those two moronic fuckwits.

Just a suggestion.

I get the impression she is still madly in love with him, and is the one driving the baby - and baby making - train. Partly, I suspect, to try to keep him tied at home.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:08 AM, Mama Mia said:

I get the impression she is still madly in love with him, and is the one driving the baby - and baby making - train. Partly, I suspect, to try to keep him tied at home.

No snark intended - based on what? We aren’t seeing much of them. 

I can envision her being delusional enough to keep up that charade.

But y’know...she could be pretty miserable. 

They could be coexisting in some gray area where both are fairly uneasy and don’t want more babies but can’t admit it.  (This is what I find most likely.) Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean no more babies.

What do we know? Periodic cute photos of existing children and staged family photos where they can be chopped off the end.

12 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

In the pics of the Christmas party, Anna is still breastfeeding ( next to Jill on the phone to Derick)

I saw that, good for her!

On 12/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

They could be coexisting in some gray area where both are fairly uneasy and don’t want more babies but can’t admit it.  (This is what I find most likely.) Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean no more babies.

What do we know? Periodic cute photos of existing children and staged family photos where they can be chopped off the end.

Anna has made several comments insinuating that Josh didn't want more children. There have been several episodes on 19k where Anna alluded to Josh trying to limit/stop having children.

36 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Anna has made several comments insinuating that Josh didn't want more children. There have been several episodes on 19k where Anna alluded to Josh trying to limit/stop having children.

And even from the earliest days of their marriage, when Anna would say, "We want as many children as possible/as many as the Lord gives us!" Josh would quickly follow up with, "But we'll be happy with just one or two if that's all God gives us."

As gross as this sounds, I really do want to get inside Josh's head for ten minutes or so. Just to see what his theological beliefs really are. He had no problem violating some of his families teachings once he and Anna were out of reach of his parents. I kind of wondered if he was the grossest but maybe least fundie of his siblings. 

On 12/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

Just a feeling. Based partly on being that kind of stupid desperate in love with a not always trust worthy man in the past. As others have said, she has been pretty open about wanting all the babies. She seems to enjoy pregnancy and birth ( as much as people snark on her birthing episodes) , and seems like a pretty natural parent. 

As far as Josh-u-a  goes - in all of the post-scandal clips of her, she seemed sad, and devastated, but never angry, or resentful, or doubting if she’d stay. I know they are trained to act that way —- but she just seemed really genuinely to be wanting him back. 

I think Josh is a narcissist like JB (but worse). I'm not sure Josh sees it all as bullshit but he seems to have identified the loopholes / ways to justify his behavior. If you're taught that a murderer will be forgiven if he has a personal relationship with Jesus then wouldn't it seem OK to do anything? I will say in typical narcissistic fashion he doesn't seem to care much about the people in his life.

As for Anna, she is neck deep in the koolaid. I think she figures if she can just have more babies she'll be redeemed for her failures that lead to Josh's betrayal. ATI has defined her world and she reminds me of a friend of mine who is just like this is what I was told, it is done that way, so it will be so. End of story. Nothing beyond surface level thinking but very sure of herself.

It is interesting how much Anna and Josh were on different pages ... but I guess that is what happens when you marry at 19. I don't think either of them have really listened to each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 8:04 AM, jqlgoblue said:

I think Josh is a narcissist like JB (but worse). I'm not sure Josh sees it all as bullshit but he seems to have identified the loopholes / ways to justify his behavior. If you're taught that a murderer will be forgiven if he has a personal relationship with Jesus then wouldn't it seem OK to do anything? I will say in typical narcissistic fashion he doesn't seem to care much about the people in his life.

As for Anna, she is neck deep in the koolaid. I think she figures if she can just have more babies she'll be redeemed for her failures that lead to Josh's betrayal. ATI has defined her world and she reminds me of a friend of mine who is just like this is what I was told, it is done that way, so it will be so. End of story. Nothing beyond surface level thinking but very sure of herself.

Josh is definitely a narcissist, when the abuse scandal became public, he said in his statement, that he stopped because he knew how much damage it would do to himself, he said nothing about the damage he had done to his sister's and his other victim.

39 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Worrying quote on Ellie's Blog tonight:

"Above is a photo of Josh and Anna Duggar's five oldest kids..." 

Eh, I think it's just a typo. It's a photo of Mack, Mike, Marc & Mer, so she obviously meant to say 'four oldest' rather than 'five oldest'.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Eh, I think it's just a typo. It's a photo of Mack, Mike, Marc & Mer, so she obviously meant to say 'four oldest' rather than 'five oldest'.

Ooo good thought! Perhaps there's hope. 

5 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Ooo good thought! Perhaps there's hope. 

I'd be surprised if Lily and Ellie were the first to coyly announce that - seems like it would be a bit of a dick move, haha! But I admit my heart stopped for a minute there, even though I know that M6 is basically inevitable in the probably not too distant future... sigh.

Anna posted photos on Instagram of the M'girls wearing jeans and said she has allowed them to wear jeans all along in the winter time instead of tights because it's cold. I give her props for at least being practical.

42 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Anna posted photos on Instagram of the M'girls wearing jeans and said she has allowed them to wear jeans all along in the winter time instead of tights because it's cold. I give her props for at least being practical.

Yes, and actually owning it. None of the other Duggar/Bates daughters have ever answered the question of what led them from believing in "skirts-only" to wearing pants and allowing themselves to be seen in them publicly.

21 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Yes, and actually owning it. None of the other Duggar/Bates daughters have ever answered the question of what led them from believing in "skirts-only" to wearing pants and allowing themselves to be seen in them publicly.

Ehh don’t get too excited. She says they’re allowed to wear jeans instead of leggings *under their dresses*

3 hours ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

Ehh don’t get too excited. She says they’re allowed to wear jeans instead of leggings *under their dresses*

Yeah, and it's not as if jeans have saved Jill or Jinger. But to be fair I've seen Mack & Meredith in tops that I'd consider more to be tunics than dresses so hopefully that's what she means because a long dress over jeans just looks like 10 kinds of stupid.

On 12/28/2018 at 5:53 PM, singsingsing said:

It now says four oldest. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived