IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and M'kids part 18: The Prodigal Son Returneth

Buzzard

29 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

"Great team to work with in purchasing our minivan.I have recommended him to many friends and they also were very pleased with the integrity and honesty in each situation. Highly recommend  this used car dealership

David's recommendation of Josh's integrity and honesty would impress me too. Anyone looking for a used car in the Tontitown area?

even if I was looking, I would not buy a car from there.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The website for 14969 address says ...our new location, 2 miles west of Tontitown.

It looks like a countryside location, huge shed with corrugated iron sides in background and in other photos, what looks like a house

Once when I was younger two men pulled up beside me and were shouting nasty sex stuff. So I threw an open can of cola in their open window because my car was faster and I have a class 1 license!  See ya assholes. :goldfish:

On 11/12/2018 at 10:42 PM, Boogers said:

I once asked my super-Catholic roommate how she justified voting for him, and she confirmed this. He promised super conservative SCOTUS justice(s). Roe v Wade.

This was absolutely the reason given by an alarming number of Catholics I know.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:06 AM, JustEnough said:

Even if was still a practicing Catholic someone like Trump is the last person I'd vote for. Abortion is not something that is debated about much here, in terms of elections. Their has been debates about lowering the limit for abortions. There are still some protests outside private abortion clinics but nowhere near as bad as the US. A group that came into my school that worked with young pregnant women advising them on their options said that they still offered support to women if they chose abortion, they may have been opposed to it themselves but the still felt that the women deserved support and counselling if they wanted it. 

I have always said I would only have an abortion if my child had severe disabilities and they were unlikely to survive. I am grateful to have the choice, banning abortion will lead to illegal abortions that will put people's lives at risk. 

2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I have always said I would only have an abortion if my child had severe disabilities and they were unlikely to survive. I am grateful to have the choice, banning abortion will lead to illegal abortions that will put people's lives at risk. 

I completely agree with you and I think I would do the same thing. 

On 11/14/2018 at 8:06 PM, JustEnough said:

Yup. This was the reason given by my kid's best friend's mom. It was "Yes, I know he has done some bad things, but I'm looking at the Supreme Court".

19 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Yup. This was the reason given by my kid's best friend's mom. It was "Yes, I know he has done some bad things, but I'm looking at the Supreme Court".

I heard this from several people as well. That’s all some people cared about. 

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

So it looks liked the half-assed little shack Josh was selling cars out of got busted. And in typical Duggar fashion he ignored the warnings until the last second. Why does this not surprise me in the least?

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/11/josh-duggar-caught-running-unlawful-business-arkansas/

What’s weird is that they have so many properties, you’d think one or two of the older kids would have an AA, or a certificate, in Business Management or Administration and have their family job be handling this sort of thing for all the various properties and businesses.  

5 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

What’s weird is that they have so many properties, you’d think one or two of the older kids would have an AA, or a certificate, in Business Management or Administration and have their family job be handling this sort of thing for all the various properties and businesses.  

There's no need for a degree or certificate to run a family business. I know many folks who are successful business owners/managers who learned everything they need to know about running a business from their parents/friends/mentors/family members. 

As for Joshuggg not having the proper permits, it's possible he knew he needed the permit and didn't care, or that he knew and figured he'd get it when he got caught, or thought that property had a permit that conveyed, or whatever. These people have been working for themselves for so long, they know the ins-and-outs of legalities.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

There's no need for a degree or certificate to run a family business. I know many folks who are successful business owners/managers who learned everything they need to know about running a business from their parents/friends/mentors/family members. 

As for Joshuggg not having the proper permits, it's possible he knew he needed the permit and didn't care, or that he knew and figured he'd get it when he got caught, or thought that property had a permit that conveyed, or whatever. These people have been working for themselves for so long, they know the ins-and-outs of legalities.

Right, of course a degree isn’t required, just some formal training might be helpful when you have that many balls in the air. 300 properties is a ton of properties.  Especially when it’s a mix of residential and commercial. And the commercial ventures would all have different regulations. Just seems with an enterprise that size having at least one person whose primary job is to track and manage all that would be easier. Maybe that’s what Ben will do ? Of course I live in California, we aren’t exactly known for our easy, friendly, non-cumbersome regulatory system lol. That might be slanting my perspective. 

What was weird to me is that he ignored three different notices on getting a business permit and didn’t follow through. That seems self-sabotaging, not that he trends towards that or anything.

The article says a "representative" for Josh handled it. So they do have somebody who does that sort of thing. The likely guess would be the family friend who took the Siloam Springs house when the scandals broke. Whoever it was also probably cursing him for waiting so long then leaving them an even bigger mess because of the diminished time frame. Josh is so smug and disconnected though, I could see him just opening the notice and chucking it on the counter or in a drawer somewhere. That stuff being below him and knowing Daddy Dearest will send in the cavalry.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:16 PM, SamuraiKatz said:
On 11/13/2018 at 4:28 PM, Sops2 said:
The prodigal son has got a permit for plans to bring his car lot business " into compliance with local regulations"
I'm a bit confused as it is a different street number from the one I thought was his- 14871  not 14969 on the same road - is it the same one?
I had a look online and saw another car lot business further east along the road, on W. Henri de tonti blvd - had a look at that and read the google reviews.  Both car businesses have glowing 5 star reviews from..........David Waller and Caleb Williams....
Do the Duggars own that too?

Read more  

I think Duggar Corp. Owns several McCarlots. Though just down the road from each other seems a bit strange. Saturating their own market can't be good for business..AND both of those addresses are just a few minutes from the Tinker Toy house. Hmmm trying to Keep Josh out of trouble??

Like 10 lots...one for each son?

On 11/12/2018 at 9:08 AM, Playagirl said:

Now I get comments like, 'well, you finally know how the rest of us feel.  Ha, ha, it's about time. Better watch your weight. What happened to you? There are ab exercises online you can do.' Alot of it is said in a joking manner but it still hurts.

What the actual fuck is wrong with people?

13 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Some people are just ignorant pigs.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:48 AM, Mama Mia said:

What was weird to me is that he ignored three different notices on getting a business permit and didn’t follow through. That seems self-sabotaging, not that he trends towards that or anything.

Or he learned at Daddy's knee and is following in Daddy's footsteps.  If you look back, Jim Bob has a history of this sort of thing.  So does Michelle.  She has had liens filed against her for unpaid medical bills for the births of some of the younger kids.

Jim Bob has had liens against properties, many civil lawsuits some of which he won, and has lost a couple of business licences because he "forgot" file annual reports or tax info.  https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/05/sketchy-businesses-state-shuts-down-two-of-jim-bob-duggars-companies/

On 11/18/2018 at 1:00 AM, Shadoewolf said:

The article says a "representative" for Josh handled it. So they do have somebody who does that sort of thing.

Yes.  When they get caught they have a tame lawyer or other "representative" to get them out of hot water.

As I said elsewhere, Jim Bob strikes me as a shrewd but not necessarily ethical businessman.    He waits until he gets caught and probably gets away with a lot.

24 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

As I said elsewhere, Jim Bob strikes me as a shrewd but not necessarily ethical businessman.    He waits until he gets caught and probably gets away with a lot.

While I've never specifically heard the Duggars say this, it's worth noting that a fair amount of fundies believe that it's morally acceptable to game the system whenever they can.  Rules are part of the "fallen world" an therefore for other people to follow, not them.  Since they are "Perfect Christians", it's OK for them to take advantage of the fallen world whenever they need to or skip certain steps that they fully expect OTHERS to adhere to.

Basically, I'm not surprised that JB and his sons are "slippery".  A whole lot of them are, unless you happen to be a member of their perfect belief system.

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

While I've never specifically heard the Duggars say this, it's worth noting that a fair amount of fundies believe that it's morally acceptable to game the system whenever they can.  Rules are part of the "fallen world" an therefore for other people to follow, not them.  Since they are "Perfect Christians", it's OK for them to take advantage of the fallen world whenever they need to or skip certain steps that they fully expect OTHERS to adhere to.

Basically, I'm not surprised that JB and his sons are "slippery".  A whole lot of them are, unless you happen to be a member of their perfect belief system.

I've heard of the FLDS believing that but have never encountered that attitude in person. Instead, I've heard a lot of "render unto Caesar" reminders about how Christians must obey the law, including taxes.

On 11/18/2018 at 9:17 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

It's always said jokingly.  Like, I'm bitching about having to go up a size in pants and someone will laugh and make a crack about it. Maybe I'm too sensitive and should just brush it off, but I can honestly say I've never teased anyone about their size and would never consider doing so. If someone complains about their weight to me, I always try to say something positive, or maybe just agree that it's hard to maintain a steady weight as we age or something along those lines. 

I think some people don't realize that words hurt. Or maybe they're just pigs, like @Carm_88 said.

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I've heard of the FLDS believing that but have never encountered that attitude in person. Instead, I've heard a lot of "render unto Caesar" reminders about how Christians must obey the law, including taxes.

They don’t outright say it but many believe in haggling at every moment for a deal.

Speaking of the Duggar's (un)ethical ways... Back when Josh was courting/engaged he proudly showed us and talked about the need for his radar detector before heading off to Florida. That's when I began to realize the hypocrisy with how they behaved vs how they wanted us to believe they behaved. I believe that's when my "Curious Looky-Loo" status began.

I doubt they actually think Christians should defraud the government (they seem very pro-government) or anyone else, I think they're simply unethical hypocrites.

For clarification, when JB is being unethical/slippery in business dealings are they mostly ignoring the law or taking advantage of loopholes? I'm not familiar with Arkansas law and well, Radar Online probably isn't either and I'm unsure if the topic has been discussed on repeat before.

My stray pup had an accident and while I don't think I stepped in it, I'd like to avoid the taste of my foot in my mouth in any case.

JB and a lot of other "christian" type folk do like play lose with laws they don't like. Now things they want to be laws or laws they do like, must be up held at all costs, are of course, most scarred of laws. 

Or as @Rachel333 perfectly stated, they are simply, unethical hypocrites. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived