IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and M'kids part 18: The Prodigal Son Returneth

Buzzard

Continuing from here:

Josh and Anna are taking a much more public role in Duggardom than anyone can stomach and our patience is being tested by Anna's presence on Counting On.

Is she prego?  She says no... but its only a matter of time!

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can look at pictures and think ”hm, maybe that’s not all pickles and tater tots in there”. The key word being ”think”. What kind of low life writes that someone is ”definitly showing”?

If someone hasn’t told you they are pregnant you keep your thoughts to yourself. That is just common sense. I look way more pregnant then Anna and I know it and don’t care one bit about other people thinking I’m fat. I am. And I’m ok with it. But no one ever told me I have to look good for my headship and that it would be my foult if he cheated on me. I know I’m awesome and that he is lucky to have me. I wonder if Anna knows that. 

I enjoy number patterns. I can certainly understand looking for patterns to their pregnancy spacing. I reacted to some people saying Jessa looked thicker in the middle. When I look at Jessa, I still see a slender woman so I got sensitive, not to tell others not to speculate.

I know Anna has sufferred a miscarriage. I hope she was supported and comforted in that time, not shamed. Obviously the Duggars have to know miscarriages happen regardless of use of birth control. I really hope the Duggars stop perpetuating the myth that birth control pills cause miscarriages.

@robotkin I really doubt the duggars will stop perpetuating that myth about birth control and miscarriage. It's like asking them to stop parading 'totally fine, totally normal, look a this miracle, would you kill her? #prolife' Josie around every time someone brings up abortion. They really could care less about the facts so long as they can manipulate people into believing them and their #blessed life style. 

(note this is by no means an attack on Josie, I mean I assume no one would think it was, but it's an attack on her parents and the fact that poor Josie seems to be little more then a prop for them)

If I was in the public and there were public pictures of me, people would think I was pregnant every single day of the year, because I have had a few too many brownies. Maybe *insert literally any married Duggar girl* just enjoyed a big pizza.

Asking them if they are pregnant is not strange. As @Bad Wolf already said, it is what they are known for.

Assuming that they are and commenting on their body is a different level. Definitely not okay.

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Asking them if they are pregnant is not strange. As @Bad Wolf already said, it is what they are known for.

Assuming that they are and commenting on their body is a different level. Definitely not okay.

I don’t think the directly asking them is remotely ok, either. It certainly does nothing but reinforce that they are expected to have as many babies as they POSSIBLY can. Even if they have publicly stated they are leaving the number of children up to God - that can mean many different  things to each couple. There is certainly no requirement to have p-in-v sex that leads to babies every other day from age 20 - 50.  And that is exactly what is implied by assuming they must be pregnant all the time.

And if they aren’t actively ( or even casually ) preventing and are wanting more children, and it just isn’t happening, or they are having early miscarriages- that question can be very painful. 

So far Anna and Josh are the ONLY Duggars who it can even remotely be said to follow a have as many babies as possible lifestyle. And even with that - for all we know, after baby number 5 or 6 or 8 they intend to use any number of culturally acceptable methods to space or limit future pregnancies. For all we know ( or should know !) they have all along. 

All the rest of them, it’s far too early to tell either what their plans are, or how closely their reality follows their plans.

i think it’s entertaining to speculate HERE on number , spacing , Planned or not, etc.... but NEVER to ask ANY woman, in real life, if she’s pregnant. Exceptions made if she is at a baby shower being thrown for her, or She appears to be in labor and needs help. 

Guys I legitimately got an ad for Ashley Madison on this site. I wish I had taken a screenshot. It was perfect.

5 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

Guys I legitimately got an ad for Ashley Madison on this site. I wish I had taken a screenshot. It was perfect.

?

I got one for 50 shades of grey on Lily and Ellie’s blog once. Doubt they’d approve of that. 

9 hours ago, miss_batson said:

These kids are too cute. ?

How many church pews do they even HAVE? lol

Meredith is growing so big. I feel like she really is the forgotten child. Anna had her between scandals and they disappeared when she was a baby. Smugger was in Jesus-hab and Anna was hiding. Then Smugger was out, but they were still hiding him and the kids. Other then the occasional picture from Jessa, Michelle/JB, and rarely Jill; we hardly ever saw Meredith. She seems sweet.

Gross. I love how the Duggar's have gone back on pretty much everything they've ever said about molestation/cheating/who knows what else because it was their own precious son. ?

"I pray that as you follow Jesus many will follow your example.."

Think she's talking about Smugger? Hahaha. Oh Anna so much Jesus, just talk about your child!

3 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Mackynzie is 9!!

still better than any bday post from JB/J'chelle, lol.

if the whole Smuggar marriage wasn't such a damn travesty, it'd be ultra freakin adorable seeing that 3rd pic of Kynzie in an old bridesmaid dress (Joy's?) from their wedding....

Wow. Almost double digits for Mack, with Josie not far behind, and Jordyn almost 10. Time flies. By the end of next year all the J'kids will be double digits. Hannie is already almost a teenager.

Thinking about these girls approaching puberty makes me sad. There must be immense pressure on them to conform at that stage. All the messages that purity/modesty culture teaches them about their bodies must make the changes they go through extra difficult. I especially feel for Mack, and wonder how much she knows about her father. As the eldest child, she probably has the clearest memory of the scandals and of him being in Jesus jail. I wonder how Anna answers her questions about this.

5 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Thinking about these girls approaching puberty makes me sad. There must be immense pressure on them to conform at that stage. All the messages that purity/modesty culture teaches them about their bodies must make the changes they go through extra difficult. I especially feel for Mack, and wonder how much she knows about her father. As the eldest child, she probably has the clearest memory of the scandals and of him being in Jesus jail. I wonder how Anna answers her questions about this.

That's exactly what I was thinking as I was looking through the pictures. She seems like a sweet girl from those pics, and I bet she could have a ton of potential. But the limitng and toxic nature of the cult makes me sad. Not to mention what it must have been like for her to grow up with the scandal.

For once I actually see a good side to the fact that they will never go to a real school. Imagine Mack starting high school and her classmates finding out about her father...

56 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

For once I actually see a good side to the fact that they will never go to a real school. Imagine Mack starting high school and her classmates finding out about her father...

Yeah and in Public elementary school she would never have a playdate at her house, no rational thinking parent would send their child over there and hope for the best. 

There are plenty of people who have never heard of the Duggars who would see simply Mack as a sweet well mannered little girl or Are huge Duggar fans  who adore them and would go crazy over an invite to one of their houses  If simply to it gush about all over the internet.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived