IGNORED

Civil War Soldiers Killed A Pterodactyl

DangerNoodle

I feel the need to bring up the fact people also believe a microphone drilled into the center of the earth caught sounds from hell. 

And a tiny demon. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I feel the need to bring up the fact people also believe a microphone drilled into the center of the earth caught sounds from hell. 

And a tiny demon. 

If anyone is curious about what @OhNoNike is talking about here, it was on one of the JRod threads several threads back.  There might have been several places where it was discussed.

I remember hearing that story when I was little! Except in my version they didn't bring a tiny microphone demon back up top. 

2 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I remember the Loch Ness Monster also being a big deal for creationists, at least back in the day. You see, if they could find a living plesiosaur in Loch Ness, they'd have the ultimate proof of young-earth creationism. Or something. For your reading enjoyment: https://www.discoveryworld.us/dinosaur-world/dinosaur-bodies-have-been-found/

Urgh.

When I was a kid, I really wanted Nessie to be real.  But I've never thought about what a big deal that would be for creationists.

I saw a skunk that was roadkill this morning.  It was still pretty fragrant.  I like Spice Kitty for skunks.  I like skunks on their own, they are very pretty.

15 hours ago, Briefly said:

I saw a skunk that was roadkill this morning.  It was still pretty fragrant.  I like Spice Kitty for skunks.  I like skunks on their own, they are very pretty.

They're actually legal to keep as pets in some states(after they're descented, of course).

5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

They're actually legal to keep as pets in some states(after they're descented, of course).

My first job was caretaker in the live animal room of a science museum.  We had a brown and cream skunk named Flower...he was the SWEETEST.  Loved to cuddle.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:44 AM, danvillebelle said:

My first job was caretaker in the live animal room of a science museum.  We had a brown and cream skunk named Flower...he was the SWEETEST.  Loved to cuddle.

Do they have any residual scent after their scent glands are removed? Descented ferrets (for example) still smell musky to me.

5 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Do they have any residual scent after their scent glands are removed? Descented ferrets (for example) still smell musky to me.

A little bit, but not overpowering.  

Speaking of ferrets...said Live Animal Room also had an albino ferret named Rikki Tikki Tavi.  Also a total sweetheart.

Man, that was a great first job for an animal freak like me.  

I came across a graphic on fb yesterday that shows all of the states where it's legal to have a kangaroo. 

A lady in my area owns capybaras. 

Ready Cappyboppy to my daughter years ago cured me from wanting one. I have no idea if they are actually that difficult to keep, but they sure are adorable. 

@formergothardite The author/illustrator of Capyboppy is great. I was looking at his other animal books. So cute. I would have loved all those.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:29 PM, OGEmoji said:

I really want this to be an elaborate April-fool's prank. Humanity needs this to be a prank. Nobody could actually believe this, right? Right?

Humanity needs America to be an elaborate prank 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:38 AM, smittykins said:

When I was a kid in upstate new york, a neighbor of mine had a descented one as a pet.  She had an outdoor pen for it.  I remember when my family moved into our house there that discovering that was a huge deal and a wonder. lol

On 10/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, formergothardite said:

Did they claim dragon/dinosaurs were still roaming around during the medieval times? I was taught that. 

One by the name of Vance Nelson specifically said that his conclusion from an extensive survey of the archaeological evidence (carvings and tapestries and paintings and such) is that dinosaur extinctions probably finished at the end of the 1600s.  (Because depictions became far less accurate after that point.)

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Humanity needs America to be an elaborate prank 

Humanity needs to be an elaborate prank.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:02 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Link?

Re: Flat Earth:

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/danny-faulkner/2017/11/17/what-i-learned-at-first-flat-earth-international-conference/

Answers in Genesis is as deliciously young earth creationist as it gets, so this piece from a creationist snarking on a flat earth meeting was the last blow to my ironymeter. 

Here's an even more recent piece from the local branch:

Well actually it's Rob Carter who's not from the Australian branch of CMI.  I have actually met him though, several years back.  Even longer ago I was in the same conference hall as Ken Ham (back when there was no CMI yet, just AiG) but he was too busy to meet.  Don't think I ever crossed paths with Danny Faulkner, or any of the ICR folks really.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:54 PM, formergothardite said:

I remember hearing that story when I was little! Except in my version they didn't bring a tiny microphone demon back up top. 

Omg I do too!

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Omg I do too!

Looking back at the people in the church, these were people who worked and many had gone to college, how the hell did they buy into that story?! 

On 10/7/2018 at 7:03 AM, CyborgKin said:

One by the name of Vance Nelson specifically said that his conclusion from an extensive survey of the archaeological evidence (carvings and tapestries and paintings and such) is that dinosaur extinctions probably finished at the end of the 1600s.  (Because depictions became far less accurate after that point.)

That was pretty much what I was taught. I don't remember the fire breathing being explained just that people in medieval times saw dinosaurs and that is where all the dragon stories came from The dinosaurs weren't supposed to be common, but it was said they still lived deep in the woods. 

Dear Martha,

I am writing to let you know that we survived all the battles in the last month, Thom and I. It has been very difficult as there was very little food left, and some soldiers in our unit starved to death. Sergeant Ellis was attacked by a ferocious Velociraptor and although we managed to shoot and kill the Vicious Animal without hitting Sgt. Ellis, he didn't survive his wounds. But the bright side is, now we have a lot of Velociraptor meat. It tastes like chicken.

Yours, lovingly,

Bernard Harry Stokington the Third

Thanks to the thread title I've had a song stuck in my head for six hours now. Thanks a lot, FJ.

I'm going to try to pass it on to somebody else.

Sung to the tune of Video killed the radio star:

Civil war killed the brachiosaur

@formergothardite I do not remember where I heard it but I swear it was at Grace Bible Baptist Church School while wearing my mid calf denim skirt and likely had something to do with Jesus.

This clip was going viral here in UK a few weeks back a flat earther stopped footballer Leigh Griffiths, outside Celtic Park and challenged him on flat earth theories, he seems to think Leigh agrees with him and will convince the whole team. 

All these conspiracy theories are crazy and people will believe stuff based on idiots posting on the Internet over scientific evidence.

Archived