IGNORED

Civil War Soldiers Killed A Pterodactyl

DangerNoodle

So does this guy actually have a job or is he just "preaching" to his handful of youtube subscribers while repeatedly getting owned by other youtubers?

I googled the guy to try and find out, only to find a post from a different fundagelical preacher named Matt Powell, trying to assure us that he isn't the crazy guy from youtube. And then a third article telling me that non-youtube Matt Powell has his own minor controversy regarding statements on handling abuse in the church. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of that time that Steven Spielberg cruelly killed a triceratops for sport. He probably has the head mounted on his wall. Just horrible. 

For the record, I share my home with two Booplesnoots. 

725.png

Omg thanks for making me laugh FJers! You never disappoint!! 

I own two ‘furry potatoes’ (pretty accurate description!). Ours are long-haired, and we’ve called them “wigs” ever since we acquired them about two years ago. 

This dude sounds like a lunatic. 

Ironically the creationists I know like to go on about how and why the flat earthers are wrong.

And coincidentally I just came back from a creationist talk "Untold Secrets of Planet Earth - Dire Dragons" by Vance Nelson, author of a coffeetable book of the same name, all about various carvings and tapestries and paintings and statues of very dinosaur-looking things.  And how "dragon" used to be the common usage word for dinosaurs for a few decades while "dinosaur" was just the scientific term, and even associated of the inventor of the word "dinosaur" often wrote about dragon bones and dragon hunting in diary entries about meeting him or letters sent to him, but then "the evolutionists took over the institutions" and got the word dragon relegated to the realm of myth and legend because "it was too closely connected to the Bible".

I'm about to put my notes for that in the Creation SuperCamp Supersnark thread.

Did they claim dragon/dinosaurs were still roaming around during the medieval times? I was taught that. 

PP’s cult (who are creationists) make fun of flat earthers all.the.time.

I imagine it’s because flat earthers are often drawn to PP. That group probably gets a lot of flat earthers liking some of their stuff online and then interact on FB. PP loves making fun of anyone with different beliefs so it’s a perfect storm. If PP wasn’t religious, he would still be that asshole on FB making fun of anyone and everyone who doesn’t think exactly like him. 

No no no - Teddy Roosevelt killed the triceratops for sport.  Get your facts straight!

(I know about this photo because of an old message board I used to frequent.  The woman who linked it could not be convinced that it was fake.) :bangheaddesk:

o4ddgdM (1).jpg

Goddammit. The internet was good for so many things.  But bad for so many more.  

Freaking creative people meet dumb naive people.  

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Ironically the creationists I know like to go on about how and why the flat earthers are wrong.

And coincidentally I just came back from a creationist talk "Untold Secrets of Planet Earth - Dire Dragons" by Vance Nelson, author of a coffeetable book of the same name, all about various carvings and tapestries and paintings and statues of very dinosaur-looking things.  And how "dragon" used to be the common usage word for dinosaurs for a few decades while "dinosaur" was just the scientific term, and even associated of the inventor of the word "dinosaur" often wrote about dragon bones and dragon hunting in diary entries about meeting him or letters sent to him, but then "the evolutionists took over the institutions" and got the word dragon relegated to the realm of myth and legend because "it was too closely connected to the Bible".

I'm about to put my notes for that in the Creation SuperCamp Supersnark thread.

Link?

7 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

No no no - Teddy Roosevelt killed the triceratops for sport.  Get your facts straight!

(I know about this photo because of an old message board I used to frequent.  The woman who linked it could not be convinced that it was fake.) :bangheaddesk:

o4ddgdM (1).jpg

Man, IDK how I missed the Triceratops head among the ten billion animal heads/carcasses on display at Sagamore Hill.

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

PP’s cult (who are creationists) make fun of flat earthers all.the.time.

I imagine it’s because flat earthers are often drawn to PP. That group probably gets a lot of flat earthers liking some of their stuff online and then interact on FB. PP loves making fun of anyone with different beliefs so it’s a perfect storm. If PP wasn’t religious, he would still be that asshole on FB making fun of anyone and everyone who doesn’t think exactly like him. 

pp isn't religious. He is a sideshow Barker. He is an asshole though!

23 hours ago, KZK said:

Some years back I spent a bunch of time in South Africa. People at the private research station I was visiting had learned the calls that the vermin vervet monkeys used to inform one another of the presence of predators. One day, the monkeys were going nuts, alternating between "Snake!" and "Leopard!" The threat? A dachshund.

So along with danger noodles and beach chickens, there are snake leopards.

Dear gawd, I wish I could quote this story on my FB as I have quite a few Daschund fans lololol, I won't but this is the best story today for me ?????????

Inspired by this thread, I googled “snek memes” last night. I like this one:

4B140A8A-2BA2-4F68-9449-F987BF94F32A.jpeg.b4874d76aa21341a4da8b2b211e6ce0e.jpeg

I really want this to be an elaborate April-fool's prank. Humanity needs this to be a prank. Nobody could actually believe this, right? Right?

23 minutes ago, OGEmoji said:

I really want this to be an elaborate April-fool's prank. Humanity needs this to be a prank. Nobody could actually believe this, right? Right?

How long have you been here?

(I say that with love and affection :) )

On 10/1/2018 at 6:49 AM, DangerNoodle said:

Anybody can look it up online. 

And? His point is? If it's on the internet it must be true?

On 10/1/2018 at 7:03 AM, Alisamer said:

I am constantly boggled at how incredibly stupid people can be. I once heard a caller on a radio station insist that dinosaurs never existed. She truly, honestly felt that they were made up, and that centuries worth of scientists had been pulling jokes on people and making fake fossils.

That was my mother. Or maybe some other nutcase, but my mother insisted they'd never found more than a few tiny fragments of fossilized bone and they'd just made up the whole dinosaur thing. FTR, she wasn't stupid, just barking mad.

On 10/2/2018 at 7:16 AM, formergothardite said:

Did they claim dragon/dinosaurs were still roaming around during the medieval times? I was taught that. 

Did you ever attend one of those Institute for Creation Research conferences? I was brought to one as a child and they were talking about dinosaurs possibly still existing in remote areas in South America and Africa. As a child I totally bought it, lol. I'm still kind of bummed that it's not true :my_biggrin: . Of course, their whole schtick was that dinosaurs were roaming Earth only a few thousand years ago, so OF COURSE there could still be some living in the jungle! 

I'm not even surprised anymore about how stupid people can be. I mean, I live in the country that nominated an orangutan as president, so the bar is pretty damned low.

I love the alternate names for animals. My favorite is "battle unicorn" for rhinoceros. 

5 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Did you ever attend one of those Institute for Creation Research conferences? I was brought to one as a child and they were talking about dinosaurs possibly still existing in remote areas in South America and Africa. As a child I totally bought it, lol. I'm still kind of bummed that it's not true :my_biggrin: . Of course, their whole schtick was that dinosaurs were roaming Earth only a few thousand years ago, so OF COURSE there could still be some living in the jungle! 

I hear you! As a kid, I just so wanted all of that to be true! No, not in a creationist way. I just wanted to be THAT explorer. Imagine what they would have said about me in the village weekly!!! My dad did once pack me a few sandwiches, but we also looked up how far it was to the sea- so I could go to where I suspected dinosaurs were-, and then mum swooped in and said that I had homework to do, so I wasn't going anywhere. Foiled by a secular education! And the only time I made it onto the front page of the village weekly was for collecting for charity...

4 hours ago, PopRox said:

I'm not even surprised anymore about how stupid people can be. I mean, I live in the country that nominated an orangutan as president, so the bar is pretty damned low.

I love the alternate names for animals. My favorite is "battle unicorn" for rhinoceros. 

And Danger Water Cow is pretty close to what hippopotamus actually means: river horse.

12 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I hear you! As a kid, I just so wanted all of that to be true! No, not in a creationist way. I just wanted to be THAT explorer. Imagine what they would have said about me in the village weekly!!! My dad did once pack me a few sandwiches, but we also looked up how far it was to the sea- so I could go to where I suspected dinosaurs were-, and then mum swooped in and said that I had homework to do, so I wasn't going anywhere. Foiled by a secular education! And the only time I made it onto the front page of the village weekly was for collecting for charity...

I remember the Loch Ness Monster also being a big deal for creationists, at least back in the day. You see, if they could find a living plesiosaur in Loch Ness, they'd have the ultimate proof of young-earth creationism. Or something. For your reading enjoyment: https://www.discoveryworld.us/dinosaur-world/dinosaur-bodies-have-been-found/

Urgh.

Archived