IGNORED

Civil War Soldiers Killed A Pterodactyl

DangerNoodle

Creationist preacher Matt Powell gave an interview with atheist YouTuber John Gleason. 

https://youtu.be/eEe7EI5tDBE

He provides a definitely real picture as proof that dinosaurs lived during the US Civil War era.

"I believe if we study history — you know, the Confederates were able to shoot pterodactyls. You know, back in the Civil War. And they spread these things out. Anybody can look it up online. They spread these things out, and… this is a historical fact."

PterosaurCivilWar.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that why the South lost the war? Too busy fending off pterodactyls? Perhaps the Union had a secret squadron of velociraptors that gave them an edge? You'd think that would have been in the newspapers back then - it wasn't the dark ages where monks were doodling dragons to liven up their copy work. Why did the dinosaurs not get to participate in Lincoln's funeral services? 

I am constantly boggled at how incredibly stupid people can be. I once heard a caller on a radio station insist that dinosaurs never existed. She truly, honestly felt that they were made up, and that centuries worth of scientists had been pulling jokes on people and making fake fossils.

How do these people survive day to day?

Why did they kill it?!?!

They should have captured it, tamed it, and rode it around like Falkor. I’m extremely disappointed in them. 

How do you know they didn’t? Were you there! 

I, too, wonder how these people make it day to day. Presumably they have jobs, pay bills, go out into the world?

Love your handle, @DangerNoodle.  I'm familiar with the term "buzztail," but I saw "danger noodle" referencing a rattlesnake only last month, or maybe it refers to any venomous snake.  

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

Love your handle, @DangerNoodle.  I'm familiar with the term "buzztail," but I saw "danger noodle" referencing a rattlesnake only last month, or maybe it refers to any venomous snake.  

I’ve seen the term DangerNoodle as a reference to snakes (aka “sneks”) on doggo FB pages.

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

There was a meme going around awhile ago with silly names for animals.  Trash panda (raccoon), fart squirrel (skunk) and danger noodle seem to have caught on.

And no wonder the Confederates lost, if they didn't have the sense to turn pterodactyls into the very first air force.  I mean, it's just the obvious use for them.

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Of course this guy has to make it the confederates who were the strong, masculine dinosaur killers.

Yes, the weak, girly union soldiers couldn’t bear to kill dinosaurs because they were bleeding heart snowflakes. Which is why they rode velociraptors instead of horses into battle.

9 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

There was a meme going around awhile ago with silly names for animals.  Trash panda (raccoon), fart squirrel (skunk) and danger noodle seem to have caught on.

And no wonder the Confederates lost, if they didn't have the sense to turn pterodactyls into the very first air force.  I mean, it's just the obvious use for them.

Murder logs are my favorite. 

We've been calling geese "cobra chickens" for a while now. Apparently someone with English as their second language called them that to describe them to a co-worker, and it is so accurate.

Unbelievable... these people just walk among us... I cannot fathom that he actually believes this. Does he not know he looks like a complete fool???

Add to the rest of the lulz how well-fed these ”soldiers” are. It’s spelled, “reenactors” and a goodly number of them are nutz. Not all! But a goodly number. 

So I actually watched the video. This Matt guy believes these things because he can't comprehend big concepts. He says that it blows his mind to think of the earth being millions of years old, or people evolving from lower order mammals. Instead of trying, he just allows himself to accept ideas that are easier to accept. 

31 minutes ago, Shiny said:

So I actually watched the video. This Matt guy believes these things because he can't comprehend big concepts. He says that it blows his mind to think of the earth being millions of years old, or people evolving from lower order mammals. Instead of trying, he just allows himself to accept ideas that are easier to accept. 

I can’t comprehend excessively stupid people, but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist 

hehe I love danger noodles and nope ropes.

42038d0dd7a0c09c81065b6cce642167.jpg

3 hours ago, Shiny said:

I think the interviewer was caught off guard by this claim. I would have brought up the fact that if dinosaurs died out in the Civil War era we would be finding a bunch of dinosaur bones all over the place. 

7 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

Nope Rope is another name for snake.  I happen to like snakes, by the way.  Also - I saw a meme of a coiled up rattle snake referred to an a Texas pretzel.

My mom's side of my family includes Confederate Army members.  For me, it's just historical information and not anything significant, I certainly don't hold the same opinions.  The reason I'm mentioning that is I will have to bring this to my brother's attention since he's the family historian, I'm sure with a little time on the computer he could probably "find" some supporting evidence with pterodactyls!

Some years back I spent a bunch of time in South Africa. People at the private research station I was visiting had learned the calls that the vermin vervet monkeys used to inform one another of the presence of predators. One day, the monkeys were going nuts, alternating between "Snake!" and "Leopard!" The threat? A dachshund.

So along with danger noodles and beach chickens, there are snake leopards.

Archived