IGNORED

The Smyth Family Homesteaders

EowynW

That child in the green striped shirt in the family picture on the front page of the Kellogg blog needs to be examined by an ophthalmologist IMO. I think it is possible he has strabismus, and if he does, it needs to be treated early or he could lose sight in one eye. Disclaimer: IANAD, just someone with a strong family and personal history of strabismus.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, VVV said:

That child in the green striped shirt in the family picture on the front page of the Kellogg blog needs to be examined by an ophthalmologist IMO. I think it is possible he has strabismus, and if he does, it needs to be treated early or he could lose sight in one eye. Disclaimer: IANAD, just someone with a strong family and personal history of strabismus.

He's in a pair of glasses on their "About Us" page so It appears that he's getting eye care.

My family also has a history of strabismus.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I grew up in a 500 sq ft home with 6 other people and 2 pets. It was quite dreadful. Why anyone voluntarily moves into such a house with 3+ people is far beyond my comprehension. 

• 2 years later...

Does anyone keep up with this family?   I do off an on but I seem to have missed something along the way.... Where have the Kellog's gone?  The 2nd family who lived on the property in a yurt?  I assume they have gone because they are no longer mentioned but I can't find any info about what happened.  Help?

1 hour ago, fundiefollower said:

Does anyone keep up with this family?   I do off an on but I seem to have missed something along the way.... Where have the Kellog's gone?  The 2nd family who lived on the property in a yurt?  I assume they have gone because they are no longer mentioned but I can't find any info about what happened.  Help?

They moved to a different property, I think to get more land? I'm not sure what happened after that, their channel seems to be gone now.

I think one of the older boys plans on setting up their own space where the yurt used to be.

• Upvote 1