IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

8 minutes ago, Hane said:

The original Unitarians in the US (the belief had long existed elsewhere, especially in Europe) did not believe that the concept of the Trinity was Biblically valid.

Also raised UU. That's why the faith is called UNItarian -- get it? [Not meaning you, @Hane !]

We even have our own UNItarian martyr, Michael Servetus, executed by Calvin in the 1500s. So, non-Trinitarian beliefs as part of Protestant Christianity go back quite a long ways.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Also raised UU. That's why the faith is called UNItarian -- get it?

We even have our own UNItarian martyr, Michael Servetus, executed by Calvin in the 1500s. So, non-Trinitarian beliefs as part of Protestant Christianity go back quite a long ways.

That’s long been an extra reason why I loathe Calvin.

14 minutes ago, Hane said:

That’s long been an extra reason why I loathe Calvin.

ITA -- and there is a LOT to loathe when it comes Calvin.

21 hours ago, MiddleTNAnon said:

I would go back and edit but I can't. Moderators have to approve everything I post.

Update: "My most sincere apologies to you if what was said about your son was false."

Corrected.

You are still apologizing on behalf of other people.  You can only apologize for something YOU said, not for what other people have said.

8 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

How does a wall of text bring me to Shakespeare?  Why do some recent posts bring me to  "Methinks thou dost protest too much"?  (I do not have a quote for FJ is on RF's radar.)

Meanwhile I'll leave this here for those needing it.   https://culteducation.com and https://freedomofmind.com

And this one again for good measure https://www.culteducation.com/group/1224-weigh-down.html

I already provided the cult education weigh down link a bit upthread. The more the merrier.

So, Feast of Tabernacles. It's when members of Remnant leave their Brentwood mansions to sleep in tents on the church grounds. Check out this tent. I'll bet a copy of Chantel Ray's book that it's the tent of RFhmmm's family  (I'd recognize ****'s long-winded ramblings any day of the week) given the gaudy way their home is decorated. Who camps like this with lace tablecloths, Oriental rugs and plants and silver?

Also, is that fake food?! Well, that's one way to avoid overeating!

42858295_1686477184815078_4094090984076345344_o.jpg

That's got to be one of the tents at the Tri-Wizard tournament.

I did manage to read through that whole wall-o-text, but I'm still not convinced. If it talks like a cult, looks like a cult, acts like a cult...

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I already provided the cult education weigh down link a bit upthread. The more the merrier.

I know, I figured the more often posted, the better given recent events. Totally on team the more it is posted the merrier.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:49 AM, sajetime said:

So, Feast of Tabernacles. It's when members of Remnant leave their Brentwood mansions to sleep in tents on the church grounds. Check out this tent. I'll bet a copy of Chantel Ray's book that it's the tent of RFhmmm's family  (I'd recognize ****s long-winded ramblings any day of the week) given the gaudy way their home is decorated. Who camps like this with lace tablecloths, Oriental rugs and plants and silver?

Also, is that fake food?! Well, that's one way to avoid overeating!

Spoiler

42858295_1686477184815078_4094090984076345344_o.jpg

Looks like they're glamping. Our neighbors just took their sukkah down today.

21 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

There is an extensive body of information about Gwen Shamblin, WeighDown, and RF on the Rick Ross cult site. https://www.culteducation.com/group/1224-weigh-down.html

I'm on that site frequently, but I didn't think about looking RF up.  I will check it out when I have time.

So here is my response to RFhmmmmm.

Let’s meet. Anywhere, anytime so that you can get the full story. I even have easy to follow printouts of texts and emails for you to see. I can bring witnesses (teachers, friends, etc to establish the timeline).  But if you aren’t willing to do that, then shut up. Don’t you ever threaten me again you arrogant ass.  Your rant was half baked, your timeline should have started about 8 months earlier and your details made sure to leave out any details that would put my daughter in a negative light. Apparently you only got the 19 year old-my parents are assholes-version of the story. 

7 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

So here is my response to RFhmmmmm.

Let’s meet. Anywhere, anytime so that you can get the full story. I even have easy to follow printouts of texts and emails for you to see. I can bring witnesses (teachers, friends, etc to establish the timeline).  But if you aren’t willing to do that, then shut up. Don’t you ever threaten me again you arrogant ass.  Your rant was half baked, your timeline should have started about 8 months earlier and your details made sure to leave out any details that would put my daughter in a negative light. Apparently you only got the 19 year old-my parents are assholes-version of the story. 

You might want to print out and keep a copy of everything he said regarding you, your family, your daughter, etc.  Just a suggestion.

Also, I think you were very much to-the-point with what you said!  And a lot calmer than I would have been. Hugs to you.

To my dearest daughter…..

Unfortunately you and they still are not able to acknowledge any blame in this and I’m sorry you find me so offensive and that you feel like you need to retaliate against me for speaking out about RF.  But did you find our summer in San Fran offensive, your foreign exchange in Germany ? Did you find our family trip to Dubai, India and Paris offensive? How about 6 week roadtrips together during the summer to visit cousins? Do you find dirtbike riding on Saturdays offensive? Is it offensive that I have your artwork hanging in almost everyroom of our house. Or that all of the quotes you painted on your bedroom walls are still there? Were jumping haybails on the farm offensive or playing canasta? Does having that reliable vehicle for college offend you?  What about the hours I spent scrapbooking all your pictures so that you would always have those memories?  We did all of those things together. 

@SJWaterford, my heart goes out to you for the pain the RF cult has caused you in actively working to disconnect you from your daughter. This is a key cult indicator, family disconnection and annihilation. Cult leaders like Gwen Shamblin want all the authority over cult members and any family member who doesn't support the cult is to be cut out. Cults tolerate no criticism. RF has the full spectrum of cult markers. I truly hope that your daughter comes to see that you are the one who really loves her, and that she is being used and manipulated. RF is despicable, as is Gwen Shamblin and those who do her bidding.

Prior to putting words in my mouth, maybe read what I have posted. I am only speaking to my experiences. 

On 10/1/2018 at 5:36 PM, RFhmmm said:

I have been a member of Remnant for almost a decade now. I created this username several threads ago because I wanted to anonymously ask RF survivor one and two to clarify any child abuse they had personally experienced or observed in the church. I was sincerely curious because I do know exactly who they are.  They were in the church long before I joined. I have no intention of exposing their identity. I joined after the Smith case and all of the child abuse allegations. 

You have no intention of exposing my identity but then post screen grabs from a private conversation that you were not a part of and fail to properly remove personal identifying information. Someone with basic tech skills could remove your “edits.” We know that this happened within the first hour of you posting.  

You spend most of your post stating you can’t trust random people online and then expect people to trust your word. You claim you joined the thread to learn about the child abuse allegations, and in that original comment, you set yourself up as a person researching Remnant. You have been a member for almost a decade! Why are you researching? Don't you have all the answers? Are you worried what people may find? 

They have never done a sermon or talked about tithing or anything like that...... I also observed the leadership tell people who were tithing but were also over their heads in debt, etc to stop tithing and put that money towards getting their debt paid off first. 

I am not here to say your experience is untrue but to tell my story. I heard quite a few sermons of giving to God (via tithing) and the blessings you will receive. What about the fact that at Feast of Harvest, you are expected to bring your best and leave it for God’s Kingdom (many people brought checks). Or when people were asked to tithe because the Smith trial was expensive or the prison ministry was expensive. I know many people who were told even though you are in debt, you need to give to God and he will give back tenfold. 

Yes, we do get to experience weddings that would cost somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000 for a tiny fraction of that cost, because the church operates like the church of Acts in the New Testament. 

Weddings that the couple gets very little say in depending on who they are. Your children may have gotten more say because of your leadership position. I dared to speak my opinion on my own wedding and was shut down and denied. As I commented earlier, Gwen threatened to cancel our wedding a month beforehand. 

We are a very transparent and public group of people, come check us out.

We webcast or Livestream almost everything. Our profiles are public. We aren’t hiding behind fake names. We openly share our struggles and our successes. 

Really? Why wasn’t Gwen’s wedding webcasted? I checked that day to see if there was anyway to watch to see if RF was going to be open about it. Why not be open and public about Gwen’s "joyous new marriage? Why are there no public pictures of the black tie event that celebrated the head of the church? Also, when I was a member we would often have Nashville only talks that were not webcasted so that visitors would not be able to see them. We know those still happen. If you are so public with your life, why not sign your name? Why are more and more members having less public social media? 

They stated that Joe Lara started attending the church in April 2017. That is not true. His first visit was at a wedding held at the end of August 2017....That was his first time meeting any of us.

Your timeline doesn’t make the situation any less weird, if anything it makes it worse! She married a man she had known for roughly a year. According to you, they met in August 2017 and we know that the wedding was held in August 2018. That’s insane. 

Let’s address RF survivor one and two when it comes to this issue. They jumped on the bandwagon of people posting about hearing we did not associate with the relatives or people not in the church, or that we shunned them or we shunned anybody who ever left. They exposed the fact that they lied about that in their own writings. If you paid attention to it. They first claimed they were shunned when they left the church. Later they claimed that some of their family and friends who are in the church figured out who they were on this site, and have now decided to shun them. Which is it? 

Did your friends and family in the church shun you when you left years ago, or when you began to actively publicly ridicule and attack their church, recently? 

The facts are, when you left, your friends tried to stay connected with you, in hopes that you would change your mind as I discussed before. Even when it was obvious this was not a short term decision they tried to stay connected with you, on any level that they could, at which time you sent this text to Your closest friends:

[Text Images Removed Due to Violation of TOU]

These text presented, are from more than a year after they left the church. That indicates their RF friends had not abandoned them. As you can see in this text it was RF survivor who decided to end the relationships.

Way to be creepy. Why do you have a text message that was NOT sent to you from over 2 years ago? Also you should get your facts right. The date on those texts were June 2016. The last event I attended was in Oct 2015. I told 4 people in Feb 2016 that I was leaving Remnant so that they would stop questioning when I was coming back to visit. I spent the next four months being bombarded with texts and more attention than I got the whole time I was in Remnant from those friends of mine. It was having a negative impact on my life and as I stated in those messages you shared, I wanted to move on and remaining in those friendships would not allow that. I have always acknowledged that I left and I asked to be left alone, so please do not put words in my mouth.  

I spent a lot of time reviewing everything I posted to be sure because I was certain that I never said I was shunned when I initially left. You actually confirmed what I first said about when I left because I mentioned texts to leave me alone twice:

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/30333-gwen-shamblin-skinny-for-jesus/?do=findComment&comment=1618798

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/30333-gwen-shamblin-skinny-for-jesus/?do=findComment&comment=1620388

As for the friends and family members that remained friends with us on social media and in real life, we have limited contact with mostly due to the fact that we don’t have that much in common anymore. However we were told by more than one source that our family and friends were told to remove us by leadership due to our comments on this forum. 

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/31439-gwen-shamblin-2-divorce-what-divorce/?do=findComment&comment=1637406

All we have done is answer some questions and provide our experience. There was no malicious intent in our comments. I truly care for my friends who are still members at RF, but I know that we could not be friends while they are members. First we have little to nothing in common but a shared history. I do not adhere to any of the religious beliefs that my friends profess as I am an atheist. I do not have any shared hobbies or interests with them after leaving remnant. If I had met many of my former friends outside of remnant, I highly doubt we would have become friends at all. I have thought about this for the last couple of years and I don’t say these comment lightly. 

Obviously not all will choose to stay for a variety of reasons. RF Survivor 1&2 are perfect examples of this. In their case, RF Survivor 1s parents left the church also and they followed them out. That tells me the family was not very well grounded in the church so I have no idea what kind of weird misconceptions might have happened as a result of growing up in that household. 

I made my own decision to leave Remnant which was focused on different issues than my parents. By the time I left, I was living my own life and not living with parents. I don’t know why you think you need to tie my decision to my parents decision. Also, I don’t know what you are referring to as “weird misconceptions” but you have no place speaking to that considering I doubt my parents ever spoke more than a few words to you. 

We stand for good. We don’t judge you, we absolutely understand where you’re coming from, and why you think and believe the way you do. 

I don’t know, this whole thing felt very judgey about my life decisions and sharing my experience. I have the right to my voice and sharing my past. 

You contradict yourself yet again. You clearly are judging me and my husband about our life decisions and sharing our experience. I have the right to my voice and sharing my past. 

Your post only proves the distressing truth about Remnant Fellowship. 

Wow! The more I read of that Trump sized wall-o-text the more it screamed cult member to me. It's weird because I couldn't nail it down until other's pointed things out. It was just that the more he typed the more I looked like this ----->?. I guess that one backfired. I'm more convinced now than I was before.

24 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I have the right to my voice and sharing my past. 

Yes, you do.  I admire your courage as it's clearly not easy in this instance.

On 10/1/2018 at 2:36 PM, RFhmmm said:

will start off, by addressing the major accusations, I don’t have time to address every single weird little accusation that’s not accurate, so I’m just addressing the major ones

Claims not to have time to respond properly. Proceeds to write the longest-winded, most kool-aid drinkingest response I've ever f*#king seen on FJ.

30 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, you do.  I admire your courage as it's clearly not easy in this instance.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

You are still apologizing on behalf of other people.  You can only apologize for something YOU said, not for what other people have said.

Still can't edit my posts soooo. Moderators will have to go in and delete that sentence. 

Also, MEGA links are down already after my account was terminated. RF took no time to report the documents. I didn't think MEGA would actually do anything about their complaints, but there you have it. I hope anyone who wanted a copy of the documents were able to obtain a copy. 

@MiddleTNAnon Editing of posts is only allowed for a short period of time. That being said, I have no idea what sentence you are referring to. 

On 10/1/2018 at 1:16 PM, MiddleTNAnon said:

@afather

I am deeply sorry about the loss of your son Mr. Gormsen. I myself have experienced the death of friends which are around the same age as your son, but I couldn't imagine the hardships you and your family have experienced. It is a tragedy that young people my age struggle with drug abuse, and I thank you for the support you offered your son. My most sincere apologies to you on behalf of everyone on here if what was said about your son was false. With that being said, I really do encourage you and your family to compare the teachings of Gwen with the actual historical context of the scriptures. There are so many details pertinent to the scriptures when it comes to understanding most verses which Gwen manipulates for her own teachings. She ensnares you and guilts you for questioning her teachings. I urge you and your family to leave Remnant Fellowship. She is using every every RF member to live a lavish life full of self-worship. With utmost respect, I'm sorry about your loss Mr. Gormsen.

@DaisyD This post. If you could delete the bolded text. Thank you!

The Remnant Fellowship cult thrives on dividing families, destroying futures and above all else, manipulating lives. @RFhmmm has failed to address the hidden thoughts, the tabs, information and profiles you and your leadership keep and the demeaning and egotistical speech you perform behind these so called "friends" backs. You are not addressing the fact that once someone leaves the church, they are FOREVER marked in the minds of the cult as a sinner, a leaver and someone that needs to be "saved" and "brought back home". You and your people may masquerade as loving, caring and joyful but at the end of the day, if anyone goes against or believes differently than you, they are automatically condemned to an eternity of hellfire, torture and chaos. Do you realize how sick that mindset, that doctrine is?

You are also not addressing the fact that at a moments notice and with a snap of your leader's fingers, ALL people in the congregation are to follow and heed every word of your, your leadership and/or your cult leader. You fail to address the fact that you and your leaders have historically used and continue to use members as pawns to your sick game. You haven't addressed the many lives and families that you more than likely (because it was before your time) don't even know your fellow leaders and cult leader have destroyed.

@RFsurvivor, myself and many others on this forum are sharing the truth which includes our experiences that involve information that you and your leaders would love to see buried. You claim that you or your people do not shun people after they leave? You claim that you are not judging nor want to judge? ....HA! You ironically don't even see that you are shunning and judging not only myself and @RFsurvivorbut @SJWaterford, @WorseThan1Thinks @sajetime, @luv2laughand MANY good people on this forum who have shared their experiences, opinions and insightful thoughts on your cult. Not only are you doing this to people here, but you openly and sickeningly "proudly" do the same outside of the virtual space of the internet, in real life.

You, your leaders, your cult leader and cult as a whole have a hilariously unremarkable degree of cognitive dissonance. You are all are out of touch with reality and to be frank, it's incredibly sad. Your arrogance @RFhmmm still seems to be in tact and still knows no bounds. Please get a grip on reality before your fantasy becomes your ultimate demise.

I never will forget the harassment your cult leader and leadership threw at me when @RFsurvivor and I slowly stopped attending webcasts even when we were STILL members. i will never forget how your leadership attempted to manipulate me into trying to get myself and my wife back into central Nashville after we moved from there to pursue our dreams and career goals. I never will forget the hateful, evil words they said directly from Gwen and a few of your leaders to myself and my wife the last time we were physically there in 2015. I will never forget the hateful, distasteful and manipulative words that were sent to me via text and phone call by my own mother and other members of the cult after we left. The ironic part about it all? There was virtually little to no consistent or meaningful communication with any members between the last time we were physically there till the moment my wife sent the text in which we stated we are leaving the cult.

Was I shunned? Yes. Was my wife shunned? Yes and I will take it one step further. Since she is a strong, highly intelligent, thoughtful, powerful and determined woman you and your ironically misogynistic and sexist cult lashed out at her the most, trying to bring her down emotionally, mentally and physically. Your cult thrives on the manipulation of not people in general, but favors the manipulation of women. I bet it just infuriates and burns you and your fellow cult leader(s) that she is speaking out against you and your ilk. How dare you and your cult try and, once again, use my wife's sincere, direct and respectful requests as tools for YOUR (failed) manipulation. You can come after me all you want but how dare you try this his with her again. What is wrong with you people? How shameful can you get?

Oh and to top it off: The last conversation I had with any of my family members in the cult was with my brother. I addressed and confronted him after your cult leader had members remove myself and @RFsurvivor from social media. Not only that, some of your members also shared so not so "holy" words with me before they removed me from social media. After a rather lengthy convo with my brother, he finally confessed that your cult leader felt so threatened by @RFsurvivor and I that she ordered her cultists to remove us from social media. His so called "leaders" took it a step further and demonized my wife and I in the eyes of my own family. Unfortunately due to this incident and the slow but inevitable brainwashing you and your cult leaders have performed on him, our relationship has been strained and will more than likely never be the same again. Because of Gwen, you and your leadership as well as your cult as a whole I cant help but to feel as if I have lost two of my brothers as well as my own mother to manipulation, control and brainwashing. They are good people, and you have ensnared them...

I sincerely hope that those who are seeking truth, in and out of that cult see FJ, and the MANY abundant resources on the internet and realize what Remnant Fellowship, WeighDown, Gwen Shamblin and her Leadership truly are.

21 minutes ago, MiddleTNAnon said:

@DaisyD This post. If you could delete the bolded text. Thank you!

Obviously I’m not @DaisyD but I thought I’d jump in here to say that we don’t edit content just because you find that  someone didn’t like it. To edit out that section of your post would cause several of the replies to no longer make sense.

If you’ve changed your mind just say so. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived