IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

47 minutes ago, MiddleTNAnon said:

Hello everyone, 

I've joined on here just to join the conversation concerning RF and their members. I currently have some friends that attend Remnant Fellowship, and I've been trying to expose them to other Christians in hopes that they might come to a conclusion that we are not out to "get them" and that we are not doing Satan's work in trying to get them out. My goal is to simply get my friends to question their own belief system. It's been a hard battle because they are warned about people just like me who are part of the "mainstream" church.

I'm trying to be graceful in that I want to allow my friends to slowly question what they believe in versus me coming right out and telling them that they are being deceived by Gwen and her teachings. I'm a twenty-something year old, living in the middle TN area. My friends attending RF are in their younger twenties, and I've actually attended school with some of them which is how I learned about RF. 

Would be interested to know ... have they tried to convert you? Encourage you to join the church/attend church activities?

I'm a bit surprised that 20somethings in Remnant can even have relationships outside the church, given all their church/fellowship obligations.

I think it's admirable that you are concerned for your friends and want them to known the truth. Sadly, though, you won't really be able to maintain true friendships with most. They will be married off (if they aren't already) to other Remnant people, have a ton of kids, get jobs through Remnant connections, and become even more rooted in the church.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/26/2018 at 1:38 PM, sajetime said:

Would be interested to know ... have they tried to convert you? Encourage you to join the church/attend church activities?

I'm a bit surprised that 20somethings in Remnant can even have relationships outside the church, given all their church/fellowship obligations.

I think it's admirable that you are concerned for your friends and want them to known the truth. Sadly, though, you won't really be able to maintain true friendships with most. They will be married off (if they aren't already) to other Remnant people, have a ton of kids, get jobs through Remnant connections, and become even more rooted in the church.

I'm not sure what's happening, but I'm not able to post my reply. 

On 9/26/2018 at 3:37 PM, MiddleTNAnon said:

I'm not sure what's happening, but I'm not able to post my reply. 

Here we go again:

[Part 1] They most certainly did try to convert me and tried to lure me into their congregation. That is something that occurred after showing slight interest in their church activities at the time. I was first acquainted with these RF friends of mine at school. At first, I admired their commitment to their church and for always "praising" God in public. After some time, it seemed rather odd to me, but I didn't judge them for their outspokenness. 

After seeing their pictures on social medias and realizing the lack in knowledge my friend had concerning famous Christian bands and pastors, I started to dig deeper about their "sermons" just to see what they believed in since I tend to watch sermons from local churches as well as other popular churches among the "mainstream" church. It only took a few minutes of me digging around their website that I felt very uneasy with how they portrayed themselves. I went through their "what we believe" and other content before the thought came to me that they could be a cult. 

So I quickly searched (redacted) on google, "Remnant Fellowship cult", and heaps of personal testimonies from former members as well as many many resources from different websites and forms came up. I was shocked at first that there was so much content and warnings against the teachings of RF so I decided to watch some of her "sermons". I watched many of them, but I was able to see where Gwen twisted scriptures to fit her superimposed context instead of teaching the context given within the scriptures or even historical context from that time. 

After watching Gwen's videos I became aware on what I was dealing with. So I became closer to my friends at RF with hopes of exposing them to other Christian content from outside of their church. It must be hard hearing about a Christian winning souls for God when that individual doesn't attend their congregation. Some time went by and my friend invited me to visit RF in Brentwood. By then, I was fully prepared for what I might hear during my time there so I wasn't surprised to hear what I heard. Actually, every time I attended their services I ended up feeling emptier and heavier without peace or hope. It was draining. Either way, I persisted more visitations before confronting my friend about their beliefs. 

[Part 2] I first started by asking my friend questions pertaining to their beliefs, and I was surprised that my friend could only refer me to their online video contents as if my friend did not know how to answer my simple questions (which every Christian should be able to answer). After being greatly frustrated at my friend's inability to think for themselves instad of thinking collectively, I decided to confront her about their teachings a little further, but not to the point to where I outright said they were in a cult as to not sever our friendship. 

I asked many many questions, but no actual respond to my questions. However, some time has passed now and we are actually very good friends, but I'm still positive my friend might be a little cautious. I wouldn't be surprised if the family and friends of my friend have cautioned her about me and what I could possibly be doing. All my efforts at the moment is to show the love of Christ with my everyday walk with Him and letting my life be the testimony my friend witnesses. How can someone doing "Satan's" work" be winning others to Christ? A house cannot stand if it is divided. I'm sure by now my friend might have some internal inconsistencies pushing to question their beliefs. Currently undergoing Internal struggle? I believe so.

Gwen really twists scriptures like I have never seen before. She does it especially in her salvation and Galatians videos. It's astonishing the amount of twisting she has to do in order to convince others. I simply want to do a few things with my friend. I want to show my friend what Christianity is outside of her congregation by causing my friend to question their belief system and digging into the scriptures for themselves without having the guidance of Gwen or anyone else. At the moment, my friend and I have a few things in common that RF would consider "wordly", and I'm trying to fully exploit that vulnerability to expose her to the actual reality outside of RF and hopefully show her that "mainstream" Christians are not evil individuals trying to deceive her. Top efforts.

I think it's highly ironic that RF warns their members about people like me by saying we are deceiving them into leaving RF because we're actually the ones trying to show them that they have been deceived. Top irony. At this moment, I'm heading forward knowing very well that my friend might come up with weak excuses to come together for different situations and that is alright. I don't see my friend getting married any time soon, but I could be wrong. Maybe that's why my friend attempted to recruit me? Either way, I know where I stand with my faith, and I just want for Gwen's deceptions to be stopped. 

I'm trying to refrain from giving too many details since I'm still very well connected with my friend. If they really wanted to figure out who I am, they most likely could find out. Top efforts. Full speed.

Widespread internal turmoil? RF Nation starting to see inconsistencies?

Is RF monitoring? TOP (redacted).

3 hours ago, MiddleTNAnon said:

Reveal hidden contents

WhereWeLandingBoys.gif

I’m confused. Why did you include Pepe the frog in your post? Are you aware that Pepe has been appropriated by the alt-right and been classified as hate speech? Even if it hadn’t been, I’m confused by the addition of a giant frog to an otherwise coherent post.

Also, I don’t know what “wordy bois” are and google has not enlightened me.

Can you clarify?

On 9/26/2018 at 4:25 PM, Petronella said:

I’m confused. Why did you include Pepe the frog in your post? Are you aware that Pepe has been appropriated by the alt-right and been classified as hate speech? Even if it hadn’t been, I’m confused by the addition of a giant frog to an otherwise coherent post.

Also, I don’t know what “wordy bois” are and google has not enlightened me.

Can you clarify?

Hate speech? a meme of a frog has been classified as hate speech? Top (redacted). 

They're literally just memes. Nothing of importance. Content is what matters.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:56 PM, MiddleTNAnon said:

Hate speech? a meme of a frog has been classified as hate speech? Top (redacted). 

2E47E173-B554-45C4-8275-CDD4D38E8A21.jpeg

On 9/24/2018 at 7:50 PM, MamaJunebug said:

@RFsurvivor and @RFSurvivor_2 and others, what are the long white sticks some of the men are waving in this Pentecost video? 

http://www.remnantfellowship.tv/2018-pentecost-highlights/

For the life of me, it looks like Morris Dancing, annokd British Isles dance in which men wear bells on their ankles and hit the ground with similar stick to wake it up to bear crops. 

From what I remember it was something pulled from a Jewish culture? Shocking I know....I think they called it the circle dance? It was newer when I left so I don’t remember much about it

1 hour ago, MiddleTNAnon said:

Hate speech? a meme of a frog has been classified as hate speech? Top KEK. 

K.

uh...no?
Speech is more than just words.
Saying 'pepe is just a meme' is like saying 'a red flag with a swastika is just a piece of fabric'.
Pepe started as a simple frog meme (like the swastika started as a sanskrit symbol) and has been co-opted and corrupted by the people who have claimed it.

Content is part of what matters, but connotations matter as much as denotations do.

I had to google KEK. 

I am lost on the frog and the bois thing.  

One might get their point across intelligently and concisely if one used terms/memes the general population understands.  We are willing to read what one might have to share, but not if we have translate it.

16 hours ago, sajetime said:

How I love reading the weekly Remnant News updates.

For sexism and typos and stuff.

This week's doesn't disappoint either. (http://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2018/09/26/september-26th-remnant-fellowship-announcements-and-livestream-link/)

1."OCTOBER 4th:

On Thursday, October 4th, the church will host an American Red Cross CPR & First Aid Certification Course to better equip our RF Babysitting Team in caring for children and babies.  This course is for all girls that are interested in being a part of the RF Babysitting Team and is also available to anyone in a career field that requires the updating of your CPR Certification."

Because caring for children is only a female thing.

2."TONIGHT’S CAFE MENU:

Chicken and cheese enchiladas served with rice pilaf with lime and cilantro.

Chips and beef quest for kids."

Beef quest? Um, no thanks, I'm not feeling a "growl."

In case we ever wondered if Remnant was reading this page, note that Remnant News was edited after our post.

The overt sexism was removed from the babysitting blurb, which was changed to:

“On Thursday, October 4th, the church will host an American Red Cross CPR & First Aid Certification Course to better equip our RF Babysitting Team in caring for children and babies. “ 

And the dinner menu was changed to beef “queso!”

Also, here’s a scene from last night’s broadcast (no Gwen), hosted by Tedd Anger ... and Wanna Be Tedd Anger.

Bitch stole my look!

C45BD58E-6BFE-4379-A6A0-12CB66CA26CA.jpeg

I googled 'wordy bois' and found some other Alt-Right memes. They put something like "all liberals" on the left side then on the right side there's a variation of 'wordy bois'.  There was also a different post about Remnant. I'm kind of wondering if the posts above including this crap are actually trolls from RF. Just an idea. Or anon is just an alt right... I can't think of something civil to include after that descriptor so I'm just going to skip it. 

17 hours ago, zee_four said:

I googled 'wordy bois' and found some other Alt-Right memes. They put something like "all liberals" on the left side then on the right side there's a variation of 'wordy bois'.  There was also a different post about Remnant. I'm kind of wondering if the posts above including this crap are actually trolls from RF. Just an idea. Or anon is just an alt right... I can't think of something civil to include after that descriptor so I'm just going to skip it. 

Sorry for the confusion, they’re just memes that get tossed around in reddit/4chan and are fairly popular within but my age. I didn’t mean I offend any of you (seeing that some of you are offended), no I’m not part of an alt right group. I seriously didn’t know that Pepe had been classified as hate speech, but I think that’s a little absurd. If that meme is offensive then I guess all memes should be classified as hate speech, but that’s also absurd. Either way, I posted the memes because it’s a way to troll those from RF paying attention (literally the only reason). I’ll refrain from using memes in the future since this community prefers not to. 

Why I got on here:

After looking through the divorce documents someone uploaded on here concerning Gwen’s divorce, I was honestly shocked that she had to pay David a very generous amount within 120 days. I’m assuming she doesn’t just have 1+ million to give him by that deadline much less the other 2+ million. Do you guys think her church members I’ll essentially pay that off? Also, was WDM that popular that they were able to accumulate so many properties and assets? I didn’t think a business like that could profit so much.

19 hours ago, sajetime said:

In case we ever wondered if Remnant was reading this page, note that Remnant News was edited after our post.

The overt sexism was removed from the babysitting blurb, which was changed to:

“On Thursday, October 4th, the church will host an American Red Cross CPR & First Aid Certification Course to better equip our RF Babysitting Team in caring for children and babies. “ 

And the dinner menu was changed to beef “queso!”

Also, here’s a scene from last night’s broadcast (no Gwen), hosted by Tedd Anger ... and Wanna Be Tedd Anger.

Bitch stole my look!

C45BD58E-6BFE-4379-A6A0-12CB66CA26CA.jpeg

Wow. I guess they are paying attention. It’s interesting that they even care about what people say on here as if that really mattered. Also, I find it odd that they dressed alike. Do you guys know the guy on the right? Part of the youth? Seems familiar. I met Tedd before. Actually, when I met people from RF, everything reminded of a movie called “Get Out”. Not sure if you guys have seen it or not.  It felt like that in a way.

22 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

From what I remember it was something pulled from a Jewish culture? Shocking I know....I think they called it the circle dance? It was newer when I left so I don’t remember much about it

Thank you — I’ll do some research. While Gwen probably didn’t explain it as such, the more I think about it, the more I bet it’s derived from a fertility cult custom where the people whack the earth with long, penile-like sticks. See depictions of the package on the god of fertility, Priapus, to get the drift!  NSFW if work is anything other than an antiquities department!! 

Anyway, I’m sure it was a shrewd move to give the menzfolk something to do in the mishigas. 

3 hours ago, MiddleTNAnon said:

Sorry for the confusion, they’re just memes that get tossed around in reddit/4chan and are fairly popular within but my age. I didn’t mean I offend any of you (seeing that some of you are offended), no I’m not part of an alt right group. I seriously didn’t know that Pepe had been classified as hate speech, but I think that’s a little absurd. If that meme is offensive then I guess all memes should be classified as hate speech, but that’s also absurd. Either way, I posted the memes because it’s a way to troll those from RF paying attention (literally the only reason). I’ll refrain from using memes in the future since this community prefers not to. 

Why I got on here:

After looking through the divorce documents someone uploaded on here concerning Gwen’s divorce, I was honestly shocked that she had to pay David a very generous amount within 120 days. I’m assuming she doesn’t just have 1+ million to give him by that deadline much less the other 2+ million. Do you guys think her church members I’ll essentially pay that off? Also, was WDM that popular that they were able to accumulate so many properties and assets? I didn’t think a business like that could profit so much.

K.

Wow. I guess they are paying attention. It’s interesting that they even care about what people say on here as if that really mattered. Also, I find it odd that they dressed alike. Do you guys know the guy on the right? Part of the youth? Seems familiar. I met Tedd before. Actually, when I met people from RF, everything reminded of a movie called “Get Out”. Not sure if you guys have seen it or not.  It felt like that in a way.

K.

Thank you for the explanation. I just turned 30 and suddenly feel super old (I get mistaken as being much younger it doesn't help I skateboard everywhere and am a ski bum who dresses as such ha ha) I've generally had a loose grasp on pop culture stuff, but had never seen a meme with "wordy bois" in it, that's why I googled it. I didn't see any other examples that weren't connected to the alt-right on my search, which is why I posted. I know there's definitely alt-right and MRA (men's rights activists- which is just another way of saying misogynist pigs) presence on 4chan and reddit, but not all of 4chan and reddit is alt-right. I'm involved in some communities on reddit myself.

Again, thanks for explaining. There's no problem using memes, but it's usually a good idea to include a little explanation if possible. FJ is made up of a really diverse crowd, we have all ages and people from all walks of life all over the world, so it's always good to keep that in mind when you're posting, just so you know people will understand your post.

Hope that doesn't make you hesitant to post, we definitely appreciate your input so far!

Too may coincidences with the frog and that wordy bois stuff..., and what's with the "K". Even my old ass knows Pepe the frog has been appropriated by the alt-right. And we use memes all over FJ. I'm suspicious.

Any use of that particular frog meme post US-election puts me instantly on guard with whoever uses it. If I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume good faith, MTAnon, i would advise you to do some research in to the meme’s connection with the election, and gamergate. But if you do that, here’s a trigger warning. You will find a whole bunch of horrible stuff - racism, anti-semitism, homophobia, misogyny to name a few. It’s still going on. It’s not a joke, or something to be taken lightly. It’s also not something to be lightly shrugged off, once you are aware.  

Also, memes can be used for anything you want, including hate speech. Please, no whataboutery or false equivalence or #notallmemes. It’s a facile and deflecting defence.

I still don't know what 'wordy bois' means.  I googled the term, but started getting a lot of links to sites that seemed to be from a political perspective I don't agree with.  I shut it down to hopefully prevent me from getting a lot of ads for stuff that would make me stabby.

Just now, Flossie said:

I still don't know what 'wordy bois' means.  I googled the term, but started getting a lot of links to sites that seemed to be from a political perspective I don't agree with.  I shut it down to hopefully prevent me from getting a lot of ads for stuff that would make me stabby.

Yeah, I asked directly (and politely) what it means, and they replied to my post but not that part. I find the avoidance telling.

Also, the leap from Pepe being alt-right and hate speech to concluding that all memes aren’t allowed here is just silly and deflecting. Also saying that only “content” matters, as if memes themselves aren’t also content.

Reminds me of people in movie theatres who think so long as they aren’t talking, they’re not “making noise,” never mind the constant crinkling of their bag of chips or whatever. Noise includes a lot more than talking, just as “content” includes more than just words.

If you give me the finger I’m going to be insulted, even if you didn’t “say” a swear word, know what I mean?

Memes have meaning and using them is in fact saying something, even if you haven’t typed the words. If you say something shitty with a meme, you’ll get called on the shittiness. It’s the shittiness that’s not allowed, not all memes.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:16 AM, dawbs said:

Content is part of what matters, but connotations matter as much as denotations do.

Co-sign everything @dawbs wrote. I'd just add that memes and gifs ARE content in this communication format. Pepe the frog is alt right content.

10 hours ago, MiddleTNAnon said:

I’ll refrain from using memes in the future since this community prefers not to. 

We like memes. We don't like alt right trolls/memes and anything racist/homophobic/misogynist, hate speech is prohibited by our rules and we have zero tolerance for it.

I only know “kek” from playing World of Warcraft, where it was basically saying “haha” in the other faction’s language. After reading the article Destiny posted I don’t think I’ll be seeing it that way anymore.

The person that feels they are so meme-savvy should be more aware of the meanings of the memes they are posting. But then again I think they are perfectly aware of the meanings.

@MiddleTNAnon, can you enlighten us on what wordy bois means? I've never heard it and Google makes it appear it is a way to insult people who are more liberal politically. 

4 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Pepe the frog is alt right content.

I never knew this, at all. I just thought it was the cartoon. I believe there are many others like me that didn't know.

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

That was interesting read, thank you.

So I found this article on how Pepe became a hate symbol: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-pepe-the-frog-hate-symbol-20161011-snap-htmlstory.html

I didn't know using the cute frog in my emoji's on my phone could indicate I am alt right. That couldn't be further from the truth, for me it was a different way to do a smiley because the smileys get boring.

I hope people realize that there are many people out there that have no idea about this alternative meaning of the frog.

#alwayslearning :)

24 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I never knew this, at all. I just thought it was the cartoon. I believe there are many others like me that didn't know.

That was interesting read, thank you.

So I found this article on how Pepe became a hate symbol: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-pepe-the-frog-hate-symbol-20161011-snap-htmlstory.html

I didn't know using the cute frog in my emoji's on my phone could indicate I am alt right. That couldn't be further from the truth, for me it was a different way to do a smiley because the smileys get boring.

I hope people realize that there are many people out there that have no idea about this alternative meaning of the frog.

#alwayslearning :)

Absolutely. That's why in my first post questioning it I asked what it meant TO THEM. And they deflected by saying that it was a meme. (Yeah, um, I've got that...)

With or without it being alt right, it was a pretty weird giant frog with no relationship to the post content that I could see. So I asked.

Then there's the "wordy bois." I politely asked what that was. No answer, but if you google it there are a bunch of alt-right memes and no clear answer.

I'm not side-eyeing this person because they unwittingly used a cute frog. I'm side-eyeing them because they used the frog, "wordy bois", "KEK" and then deflected polite and genuine questions about them.

Whether or not they're knowingly using alt-right stuff (and it's adding up that they likely are), they're definitely acting too-cool and jargony, which obscures any point they were trying to make.

55 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I don't know that there are many, there may be some but it's not a secret or anything. It isn't just that, but the other things that make this poster suspect. Anyone who inadvertently uses a racist symbol will be highly apologetic and if it were me, I would ask the post or symbol be removed so as not to offend anyone.  I don't understand why someone would post on this forum using slang that is specific to a totally different culture. Still suspicious.

29 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Absolutely. That's why in my first post questioning it I asked what it meant TO THEM. And they deflected by saying that it was a meme. (Yeah, um, I've got that...)

With or without it being alt right, it was a pretty weird giant frog with no relationship to the post content that I could see. So I asked.

Then there's the "wordy bois." I politely asked what that was. No answer, but if you google it there are a bunch of alt-right memes and no clear answer. 

I'm not side-eyeing this person because they unwittingly used a cute frog. I'm side-eyeing them because they used the frog, "wordy bois", "KEK" and then deflected polite and genuine questions about them.

Whether or not they're knowingly using alt-right stuff (and it's adding up that they likely are), they're definitely acting too-cool and jargony, which obscures any point they were trying to make.

All of this! There was no reason to include pepe except as a dogwhistle. The poster knows what they were doing coming here with this shit. Well, maybe they didn't know because FJ members are pretty good non-racist folks with a low tolerance for bullshit. We do have a new carpet cleaning machine, don't we?

I suspect RF may be behind the alt-right stuff as a deflection from real discussion about the cult.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived