IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

31 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Edit: You may be correct. The timing of things are definitely leaning towards this. The only way to know is for him/her to state his/her name. At least Eldon had the balls to say it was him. Kudos to you @sajetime!

I’ve witnessed his long-winded, boring testimonies many times before. Just surprised he didn’t make a pitch for WFG while he was here.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Dispute away, buddy, but do NOT use or post private information to do so.

As a reminder to you and other new folks here, our TOU forbid the posting of private information, including emails, texts, message boards, forums, and screenshots from social media accounts like Instagram or Facebook without the explicit consent of the other party or parties.

Thank you. @RFsurvivor and I have refrained from posting the YEARS of intricate data about RF & WD we have in possession. This is due in part because we understand the negative legal associations that will come with it but overall and ABOVE ALL, we respect data privacy and user/consumer focused data privacy laws that come with it. If it is not public and legal to share, it's not in our or any business to share. I was hoping this individual would take the time to at LEAST respect this websites' rules and regulations and U.S. privacy laws but like all of the leaders and most members in that church, they believe they are above certain matters at times due to their position and their "holier than thou" mindset. They also are out of touch with reality at times as well. I am not surprised they shared legally private information on this public forum. It's quite sad really.

Instead of posting private information and attempting to hit below the belt we will, as we have over the past few months, share more and more of the truth. The truth is the truth and we have nothing to hide. This response is going to be very easy to refute, seeing as the majority of what he "shared' was taken out of context and intentionally put words into our and a LOT of members on this forum's mouth.

Note that to those on FJ who have responded to these WD/RF related threads, keep a close eye on this one. 

Whew...here we go!

I would say that somebody struck a nerve!  That was a very long "explanation" and even though I'm only familiar with RF from what I have read here from people that have connections with RF, I chose to believe people like the RFSurvivors, Sajetime, etc.  Just offering my support!

Gwen/RF has built quite the financial empire over the years.  Did Weigh Down start out as a business, then morphed into a church?  Was Gwen affiliated with another church prior to the trinity kerfuffle?  I'm sure it's been outlined before, but my brain is tired.  Thanks if anyone can clarify the timeline for me.

1 hour ago, RFhmmm said:

Only in America would somebody claim that waiting for your stomach to growl would represent starvation.

Way to claim that people said things they didn't say! Wow, if you were attempting to make those of us who just learned about Gwen believe that she didn't start a controlling cult you failed. You will need to provide quotes for your claim that posters are saying that waiting for your stomach to growl is starvation. Most of the starvation comments are in regards to her daughter who went from a healthy looking thin person to appearing like she is on death's door. 

I'll be honest, I just skimmed that long winded lecture of deflection, but did he address that Gwen claims her husband filed for divorce when it appears she did? And if she had nothing to hide, why all the secrecy? 

And if he addressed the hair issue, PLEASE, let me know and I'll go actually read that post. I want to know how people can look at that hair and think that is normal. Her hair is insane. As in I had to prove to my husband it wasn't a parody level of insane. 

@RFhmmm trying to sort this out in my brain. You joined about 10 years ago and RFSurvivior 1&2 left about 10 years ago? They aren’t/weren’t your friends or family? They sent a text 1 year later (so 9 years ago) ? Why on EARTH do you have it???? I don’t have texts from my dearest friends and family from that long ago! Let alone someone I wasn’t close to and about something I didn’t agree about. (Little hint: it looks incredibly like evidence gathering....) 

And please help this non-American out. Do your guys marriages  magically become great when you join the “right” church? Because the most religious couple I know were getting all their spiritual needs perfectly met in their church and had a wonderful social life and security network, but what helped their marriage become great was spare time.

I stayed with them for a few months and helped look after the kids and elderly family member and with stuff that my pregnant, non-driving self could do. She was in tears when I left and said her marriage hadn’t been that good since the first year (over 20 years earlier) 

They also didnt address the issue of members being hidden away/otherwise punished for gaining weight. I would really like to see that explanation.

6 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

They also didnt address the issue of members being hidden away/otherwise punished for gaining weight. I would really like to see that explanation.

Probably because a member of @RFhmmm‘s family (through marriage) is one of these people. She’s still a member of the church and of the family, she’s never in photos/included at functions. Sad.

7 hours ago, MiddleTNAnon said:

The memes had no intention of being " alt-right" or racists or anything of that matter, but they were meant to troll RF members keeping a close eye on this forum.

I suspected that too.

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

Dear lord, please don't encourage these pepole to make their posts longer.  My mod eyeballs may fall out of my head! :P

@RFhmmm, you are completely brainwashed. Your post was TL;DR, and was a complete waste of your time. RF is a cult that supported child murderers, and Gwen Shamblin is a fat-shaming filthy rich cult leader who preys on the weakness of those with low self-esteem because of their weight. Your cult and all the rest of them never want people to read anything other than their cult propaganda. Why do you even care what us heathens think?

1 hour ago, dawbs said:

Dear lord, please don't encourage these pepole to make their posts longer.

I wasn't about to read all that apologetics crap. Ken Alexander thought he could come here and overwhelm us with walls of text. Didn't happen.

This thread is starting to remind me of families who air their dirty laundry on FB and argue back and forth among themselves, sharing it all for the world to see.

If you all know each other IRL, and have each others' contact info, hmm... why not just discuss it directly?

No doubt Remnant has its issues (duh).  FJers aren't likely to just take the word of a random poster as gospel... we do a lot of off site research as well, and provide links and backup.

But by all means, keep arguing among yourselves here.  I love a good train wreck.

6 minutes ago, dawbs said:

Dear lord, please don't encourage these pepole to make their posts longer.  My mod eyeballs may fall out of my head! :P

Yeah - what she said!  What was already posted borders on inhumane...we may need to form a support group.

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

@RFhmmm, you are completely brainwashed. Your post was TL;DR, and was a complete waste of your time. RF is a cult that supported child murderers, and Gwen Shamblin is a fat-shaming filthy rich cult leader who preys on the weakness of those with low self-esteem because of their weight. Your cult and all the rest of them never want people to read anything other than their cult propaganda. Why do you even care what us heathens think?

I need an applause icon.  

Take note people, this ^ is how you make a statement and actually say something...in less than 8.074 words.

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I would say that somebody struck a nerve!  That was a very long "explanation" and even though I'm only familiar with RF from what I have read here from people that have connections with RF, I chose to believe people like the RFSurvivors, Shajetime, etc.  Just offering my support!

There is an extensive body of information about Gwen Shamblin, WeighDown, and RF on the Rick Ross cult site. https://www.culteducation.com/group/1224-weigh-down.html

16 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I wasn't about to read all that apologetic crap. Ken Alexander thought he could come here and overwhelm us with walls of text. Didn't happen.

Waves Hi ExMormon here.  @RFhmmm made me start singing "We Thank Thee O God(s) for a Prophet" when he bore his testimony.  Not reading walls of text: it works for you and your probably downline is profitable but the cost is far far far too high,  I will not get preachy but dude you are going down the wrong road.

I once had a pastor who said that pastors needed to be able to make their point in 20 min. or less because if you go longer you pretty much have lost the majority of people to daydreaming. Same thing applies to writing posts on forums. You got to keep them short because if you don't you have lost most readers. And that particular post was way, way to long. Any good points that might have been made were lost in the walls of words. 

I'm trying to be reflective about my response to the post directed towards me. It may take me a minute or a day. I'll keep you posted. 

Attacking SJ and her relationship with her dd showed your true colors. That was done only in spite wrapped in false concern for the truth. It speaks volumes about what RF is really like behind closed doors. 

2 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

Waves Hi ExMormon here.  @RFhmmm made me start singing "We Thank Thee O God(s) for a Prophet" when he bore his testimony. 

IMO, people who insist on writing wall 'o text posts like that should hie themselves to Kolob and not come back.

Your post triggered a bit of PTSD.  I've heard this crap so many times.  I could pick your every sentence apart, show where you are flat out lying, misleading, or telling little white lies.  

For those who are not familiar with how the Mainstream Christian world works, going against the trinity doctrine is a huge deal. You instantly become a heretic and if it’s a church, it’s labeled a cult. 

No. Rick Alan Ross is one the the leading cult experts in the world.  Steve Hassan is another.  These two guys are the top in their field.  They both couldn't care less about you guys denying the trinity.  Heck, one of them is Jewish.  They don't use how far away an organization beliefs are from 'mainstream Christianity' to decide if an organization is a cult or not. They consider Remnant a cult because of its behavior and it has nothing to do with Gwen's stance on the trinity.  

I'll just address two of your topics and I've leave it at that for now.  How about 1)  Gwen's relationship with Joe before she was even divorced.  2)  The murder of a child.  Those are kind of biggies, right?  At least for a righteous place as RF. 

8 hours ago, RFhmmm said:

Gwen’s Divorce and Remarriage:

... They stated that Joe Lara started attending the church in April 2017. That is not true. His first visit was at a wedding held at the end of August 2017. He was apart of a BNA business networking group for over a year, that a few Remnant members were also a part of. They invited him to the wedding. That was his first time meeting any of us.

Anybody who has ever experienced a break up or knows of somebody, knows that the date paperwork is filed is not when it actually happened. There’s usually many months, if not years leading up to the filing of the paperwork. To try to insinuate that Joe had something to do with their divorce is disingenuous at best. The timeline speaks for itself if you apply any level of common sense. I will leave it at that.

This is the timeline you're referring to from a previous post:

April 2017 - Joe started attending RF around this time.

October 2017 - Joe was a fully involved member of RF.

November 1, 2017 - Gwen filed for divorce.  Gwen is the plaintiff meaning she filed against David.  The very first 9 words in the complaint say "The Wife, Gwen Henley Shamblin herby files for divorce".  If someone told you Dave filed against Gwen, that is incorrect.

November 4, 2017   - Gwen and Joe travel together to Destin, FL.  They stayed together in Gwen's multi-million dollar beach house.

June 21, 2018 - Gwen's divorce from David was finalized.

June 23, 2018 - Gwen and Joe got engaged.

Aug 18, 2018 - Gwen and Joe got married.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/31439-gwen-shamblin-2-divorce-what-divorce/?do=findComment&comment=1641923

Of all the things you wanted to pick apart was the comment saying "Joe started attending RF around this time."  No mention or rebuttal of the events that are 10,000x more important.  No mention of the ~2 days between being divorced and engaged.  No mention or rebuttal of Joe traveling with Gwen to Destin while she was still legally married and Joe staying in her house there??!!  No mention of a <2 month engagement after an 'assumed' 2 day dating period (I should assume Gwen waited to date until she was officially divorced, right?  I mean at least a righteous prophetess would anyway.)

I'm not sure it was ever insinuated that Gwen divorced her husband because of Joe.  But it was perfectly clear, that once Gwen filed for divorce (which does NOT take "many months, if not years leading" for the initial filing),  Gwen soon started a relationship with Joe (and, again, before her divorce was even finalized).

Ok, let's talk about a murdered child by still active (from prison), in good standing, adored Remnant members Sonya and Joseph Smith. 

Two of the supreme court justices in Georgia also wrote that they should not have been convicted. 

You're leaving out the part of them being convicted unanimously by a jury.  When appealed, 5 of the court justices upheld the conviction.  The vote was 5-2.  The 2 you mentioned only had a problem with how a birthday cake was used in the closing arguments.  They thought that 'theatrics' didn't belong in a court room and were willing to overturn to conviction to make a point.  No where in those 2 judges dissent was mentioned how they thought the Smiths were innocent.  They were only concerned about 'antics' in a courtroom and were willing to overturn the conviction to help keep boundaries on what can and cannot be done in a courtroom.  The other 5 judges give a VERY length summary of why they upheld the convictions (all the evidence).

https://web.archive.org/web/20101116163834/http://www.gasupreme.us/sc-op/pdf/s10a1281.pdf

Of course, then Gwen and Remnant leadership take it to the US Supreme Court.  They denied hearing the case.

So you focus on the 2 judges who were willing to drop the case for more of a procedural issue.  You conveniently ignore the 10 day trial in front 12 jurors all who all agreed the Smiths were guilty, the 5 Supreme Court Judges at the appellate level who voted to uphold the conviction and the U.S. Supreme Court who said there is no reason to hear this appeal at this level.  

If you can justify/ignore Gwen's overlapping relationship with Joe while Gwen was still married/their engagement being within a couple of days (literally a handful of hours) of Gwen being divorced and if you exonerate the murderers of a child, why even talk about the 'smaller issues'?  I can go on for hours, but why? 

You can justify and excuse anything.  You are even heartless enough to blame a wife who lost their husband to RF, or a husband who lost their wife to RF, or parent who lost their daughter family to RF on them!!  You see the victims as the guilty party.  And you see guilty parties as victims.  You see black as white.   You live in an alternate reality.  You live in a cult known as Remnant Fellowship.

There is nothing I can say to change your mind.  That I understand.  But I hope it can keep others from joining Remnant or maybe help those in RF who are starting to question things.

SERIOUSLY I think these RF threads get like, 80% or more of all current FJ troll action.  I really just can't even keep up.

I find the threats to post @SJWaterford's texts between her and her daughter to be especially distasteful.  I'm willing to beleive, if we were to read every single word of every text, we could find things to pick apart from both sides- but why?  It's not offered up by either of the parties involved, so it should remain private.  Even if it turns out that there are some less-than-stellar family dynamics at play- the reactions of how a parent acts after their child joins a cult aren't really relevant to discussions of the cult.  How the child acts/reacts may be- it can show how that child has been influenced by the cult.  But how the parent reacts isn't relevant to the discussion about the cult, it's only relevant to that particular family scenario.  Either way, what the parents said, what the kids said, that's a private interaction that you should really think twice about broadcasting to the world at large without the consent of involved parties.

How does a wall of text bring me to Shakespeare?  Why do some recent posts bring me to  "Methinks thou dost protest too much"?  (I do not have a quote for FJ is on RF's radar.)

Meanwhile I'll leave this here for those needing it.   https://culteducation.com and https://freedomofmind.com

And this one again for good measure https://www.culteducation.com/group/1224-weigh-down.html

18 hours ago, RFhmmm said:

Gwen had been kicked out of all of the churches in the early 2000’s because she said she did not believe in the Trinity, as it’s defined by the Catholic Church and accepted by the protestant churches. I’m not going to get into a doctrinal debate, if anybody is interested in what her stance is, you can read it in the “What We Believe” section of the official RF website. While atheists don’t believe in any of it, I think if you read Gwen‘s position, versus the Catholic and the majority of protestant churches position, you might agree it makes much more sense. As a result of her Trinity statement, she was labeled a cult by mainstream Christianity. For those who are not familiar with how the Mainstream Christian world works, going against the trinity doctrine is a huge deal. You instantly become a heretic and if it’s a church, it’s labeled a cult. Once you are publicized to be a cult, typically, anybody who is checking it out associates it with all of the additional definitions of what a cult would mean to them. Bottom line, you are grouped in with the Kool-Aid groups.

The very first doctrine of the Christian catholic (small-c, means universal) church was the establishment of belief in a Triune God. The belief in the Trinity was established BEFORE the canon (Bible) was established. It is rule #1 in Christianity. If a church does not believe in the Trinity it is NOT a Christian church. Christians worship Jesus Christ - that's why they are called Christians. It is not considered idolatry because Jesus and God (& the Holy Spirit) are one and the same.

Remnant Fellowship is not a Christian church. It does not teach Christian doctrine, it blasphemies Jesus, it performs false baptisms. It is a heretic church.

Picture a Venn diagram. Circle on the left is nontrinitarian churches. Circle on the right is cults. The overlap (churches that are both nontrinitarian and cults) is where RF belongs.

RF is a 21st century invention of a dietitian and she's just making up the rules as she goes along. 

I was going to go read Gwen's anti-trinity stance but it was long and boring so I stopped. I'm really glad that I don't have to care about stuff like that anymore unless and get a notion and feel like discussing it. 

50 minutes ago, Florita said:

she's just making up the rules as she goes along. 

Well, to be fair it does seem like a lot of churches make up rules/change rules when it becomes convenient. Churches of the 1800's would probably view a good many of the modern churches as doing something that blasphemies Jesus. 

I’m a Unitarian-Universalist. The original Unitarians in the US (the belief had long existed elsewhere, especially in Europe) did not believe that the concept of the Trinity was Biblically valid. I’m not trying to start a theological debate, just putting it out there.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived