IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

1 minute ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't know that there are many, there may be some but it's not a secret or anything.

In my real life, if I polled my friends and family I bet majority would have no idea pepe is a symbol for alt right. I bet some may not even know Pepe was a cartoon and others may think I mean Peppa the Pig!

I think on forums, like FJ, it makes it seem like everyone knows this type of information. I am far more aware of some evils in this world because of FJ. Many of my friends, if they pay attention to the news, they read/watch CNN or the local mega newspaper online - not a source of alt-right propaganda. Same with the fundies we discuss, I have 1 friend in real life that would understand majority of the cults within FJ. Most of my real life people have no idea what lies beneath the facade of Hobby Lobby, Chick-fila, Duggars, Bates, & the Willis family- let alone the more obscure families (aka - not on TV) we follow. (Such as the Rods, Shamblin, Nauglers, Shupes, Anderson, etc). Hell, even the former licensed family counselor here at the court had never heard of "To Train Up a Child."

38 minutes ago, Petronella said:

That's why in my first post questioning it I asked what it meant TO THEM. And they deflected by saying that it was a meme. (Yeah, um, I've got that...) 

With or without it being alt right, it was a pretty weird giant frog with no relationship to the post content that I could see. So I asked.

Thank you, because obviously the other meanings for the frog went over my head! I did think it was an odd (and large) meme but I didn't (obviously :) ) know there was an alternative meeting.

And Lori- this is what #alwayslearning and discussions actually look like between adults. :P

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't know that there are many, there may be some but it's not a secret or anything. It isn't just that, but the other things that make this poster suspect. Anyone who inadvertently uses a racist symbol will be highly apologetic and if it were me, I would ask the post or symbol be removed so as not to offend anyone.  I don't understand why someone would post on this forum using slang that is specific to a totally different culture. Still suspicious.

Yeah, I'd really like to give anon the benefit of the doubt, but I have to say the minute I saw the Pepe image my eyes went wide and I scrolled back up to see what variety of troll had climbed out from under their bridge this time. I mean, I get being accustomed to using a certain slang and forgetting that it's specific to one place - but this many alt-right references, and ONLY alt-right references? Suspicious. I really hope anon is just unfamiliar and will learn.

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I think on forums, like FJ, it makes it seem like everyone knows this type of information.

I'm 63, and have absolutely no social media accounts of any kind, and am certainly not a gamer or member of the alt-right (I'm black BTW).  And I definitely consume mainstream news only. Yet I knew about the damn frog! Yes, I do read compulsively. It is possible to be unknowledgable about even high-profile things, and some of us find out about things later than other,s. I don't hold that against anybody as long as when they know better, they do better. So, now you know and can call out shit when you see it and also inform those in your circle.

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Same with the fundies we discuss, I have 1 friend in real life that would understand majority of the cults within FJ.

Only my daughter knows and understands about FJ, she used to watch the Duggars with me years ago. Not even Mr. SB knows about my fundie/cult obsession, this shit is hard to explain!

15 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I'm suspicious.

@SilverBeach — I’m LOL’ing - you’re 63? You’re a kid! No wonder you know about the fascist frog. I didn’t. Hee!

Years ago some churches in the bi-state advertised Weigh Down but I haven’t heard nor seen it since then. Adding 2+2 and getting 22, I’m going to presume that most of Gwen’s income is from the RFs on the ground.

From there, it’s difficult for me NOT to think that she’s got operatives out to stop any potential threats dead in their track$, and FJ comes up about 4th on the google list when I searched for the organization with either “cult” or “ex.”

All that said, I’m agog at the coincidence: I’m a lifelong compulsive eater, and about a month ago I began to try to eat only when I felt actual hunger pangs in my stomach. 

Not eating just to get anothet taste out of my mouth

Nor because of emotions 

Not eating “because it’s time”

Not eating “because I might get hungry later when there’s no food around” (it’s the USA, migosh and thank heaven there’s always food around)

i figured:  BigMJB and BigDaddy never got fat — they didn’t have 3 drive-thru burger barns at every intersection and they didn’t have TV with constant ads for yummy crap and honestly they didn’t have the disposable income for more than 3 squares a day. 

So — eating only when I’m literally hungry has helped me lose about 5 pounds! Yay!

But now I read that the queen of “eating-disordering in the name of god” bases her scheme on the same thing?  THE IRONY!

I’m not gonna lie, I’m usually fairly savvy, but I didn’t know the Pepe one. I did know Kek and wordy bois from the times when I’ve been dumb enough to read the comments. (I know I should know better but I still do it.)

Anyway, once is a mistake. Three times is a pattern.

19 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

@SilverBeach — I’m LOL’ing - you’re 63? You’re a kid! No wonder you know about the fascist frog. I didn’t. Hee!

Years ago some churches in the bi-state advertised Weigh Down but I haven’t heard nor seen it since then. Adding 2+2 and getting 22, I’m going to presume that most of Gwen’s income is from the RFs on the ground.

From there, it’s difficult for me NOT to think that she’s got operatives out to stop any potential threats dead in their track$, and FJ comes up about 4th on the google list when I searched for the organization with either “cult” or “ex.”

All that said, I’m agog at the coincidence: I’m a lifelong compulsive eater, and about a month ago I began to try to eat only when I felt actual hunger pangs in my stomach. 

Not eating just to get another taste out of my mouth

Nor because of emotions 

Not eating “because it’s time”

Not eating “because I might get hungry later when there’s no food around” (it’s the USA, migosh and thank heaven there’s always food around)

i figured:  BigMJB and BigDaddy never got fat — they didn’t have 3 drive-thru burger barns at every intersection and they didn’t have TV with constant ads for yummy crap and honestly they didn’t have the disposable income for more than 3 squares a day. 

So — eating only when I’m literally hungry has helped me lose about 5 pounds! Yay!

But now I read that the queen of “eating-disordering in the name of god” bases her scheme on the same thing?  THE IRONY!

Careful, Mama, or Weigh Down will send you a cease-and-desist letter/threaten a lawsuit too!

Gwen believes *she* owns "Eating When Hungry®" — and apparently eating with silverware, as seen in the Chantel Ray Finch lawsuit.

(And congrats on your intuitive eating victories!)

I’m 36 and know all about the alt-right. That’s why I posted that meme at him earlier. But I fully admit the alt right has been a weird interest of mine so I know much more than most people my age. 

Unfortunately some alt-right stuff has bled into the mainstream a bit. Including in gaming. The alt-right has a lot of overlapping in different groups. So you’ll find 4chan shitposters, men’s rights activists, anti-globalists, white supremacists, and anti-progressive gamers. So it’s actually mixed in with some of the online gaming (I’m not a gamer and never have been so I don’t know a ton about the gaming culture). So if you are a gamer, you’ve heard this type of talk. And I’ll be fully honest, playing down the alt-right jargon made me side eye HARD. Because that’s what they all do.

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Yeah, I think the carper shitting here is perhaps to deflect from the real discussion that is critical of the RF cult.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So if you are a gamer, you’ve heard this type of talk. And I’ll be fully honest, playing down the alt-right jargon made me side eye HARD. Because that’s what they all do.

I’ll give an atheist Amen to that. From experience.

42 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Yeah, I think the carper shitting here is perhaps to deflect from the real discussion that is critical of the RF cult.

Not to be paranoid but maybe RF wanted someone who is against them and associated with FJ to also be alt-right/post alt-right things.

That way they can say look at the people who are against us they're racist alt-right wackos with the GO posts as proof, then they can try to clump all dissenters in with this person.

My original post was trying to be nice and understanding but the more other posters point things out the more I agree something is off 

3 hours ago, zee_four said:

Not to be paranoid but maybe RF wanted someone who is against them and associated with FJ to also be alt-right/post alt-right things.

That way they can say look at the people who are against us they're racist alt-right wackos with the GO posts as proof, then they can try to clump all dissenters in with this person.

My original post was trying to be nice and understanding but the more other posters point things out the more I agree something is off 

I didnt mean GO, my phone auto corrected FJ to that.

I have a favor to ask......asked of me by someone involved with RF to please add hashtag and keywords to every post so that we can start to dominate the google search regarding RF. Add Gwen Shamblin, Remnant Fellowship, Weigh Down Workshop, ect. 

Or if this is not the way to do it, can someone please tell me the correct way to?

11 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I never knew this, at all. I just thought it was the cartoon. I believe there are many others like me that didn't know.

That was interesting read, thank you.

So I found this article on how Pepe became a hate symbol: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-pepe-the-frog-hate-symbol-20161011-snap-htmlstory.html

I didn't know using the cute frog in my emoji's on my phone could indicate I am alt right. That couldn't be further from the truth, for me it was a different way to do a smiley because the smileys get boring.

I hope people realize that there are many people out there that have no idea about this alternative meaning of the frog.

#alwayslearning :)

I never heard of this before either.  But then I'm old.

Do I smell a flounce? Mission NOT accomplished, LOL.

8 minutes ago, OlderWiserMom said:

I never heard of this before either.  But then I'm old.

Me too!

I'm late to the party here. I polled my resident teenagers and was told that these things do point heavily to 4chan, but not necessarily to the alt-right. I had never heard of any of it (I don't even know what 4chan is) and I'm not sure said teenagers really know about the alt-right or not. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I do agree that the reluctance to explain and the hyperbole over the gif do point to troll and probably alt-right too. It's been a minute since we had a cat toy. It seems we lost this one under the couch... (Resisting the urge to post the crying frog ironically here because I know my humor is weird.)

3 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

I don't even know what 4chan is

Me either, you got me on that one.

3 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

It's been a minute since we had a cat toy.

LOLOLOL

I guess I'll add my 2 cents to the meme topic. Pepe the frog, kek, and boi are difficult to explain to someone who isn't up on meme languange. I'm well past my teen years, pushing 40, but I absolutely love the nonsense of memes and their constant evolution. It's like it's own meaningless abstract language.

The media or adult take on memes is often far off the mark and the younger set tend to laugh when they see how outsiders view it. Connecting pepe to alt-right because he's been heavily used by certain groups doesn't translate to the younger set who still use pepe, less frequently now only because memes move fast and become stale but still used, often ironically. "Boi" has literally no political connection except what people give it in a particular context. It can be used to refer anything from meatballs (meaty bois) to lava (spicy boi). Kek just means laughs or jokes, as in, many keks were had. 

Trying to find meaning, underlying or otherwise is not the point of memes. It's a little difficult to explain something that not really meant to be any one thing. I have no doubt that there's groups who try to make them their own but it's not how they're generally used. All that to say that I understood the poster perfectly and didn't see anything wrong with what they wrote. Perhaps they had an underlying meaning but that wasn't the first place my mind went because I read that type of languange daily. Actually, it made me laugh when I read it because I've never read memespeak on FJ. 

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I guess I'll add my 2 cents to the meme topic. Pepe the frog, kek, and boi are difficult to explain to someone who isn't up on meme languange. I'm well past my teen years, pushing 40, but I absolutely love the nonsense of memes and their constant evolution. It's like it's own meaningless abstract language.

The media or adult take on memes is often far off the mark and the younger set tend to laugh when they see how outsiders view it. Connecting pepe to alt-right because he's been heavily used by certain groups doesn't translate to the younger set who still use pepe, less frequently now only because memes move fast and become stale but still used, often ironically. "Boi" has literally no political connection except what people give it in a particular context. It can be used to refer anything from meatballs (meaty bois) to lava (spicy boi). Kek just means laughs or jokes, as in, many keks were had. 

Trying to find meaning, underlying or otherwise is not the point of memes. It's a little difficult to explain something that not really meant to be any one thing. I have no doubt that there's groups who try to make them their own but it's not how they're generally used. All that to say that I understood the poster perfectly and didn't see anything wrong with what they wrote. Perhaps they had an underlying meaning but that wasn't the first place my mind went because I read that type of languange daily. Actually, it made me laugh when I read it because I've never read memespeak on FJ. 

I’m familiar with and have understood and enjoyed lots of memes. They have meaning. That’s why they’re funny (or scathing, or insightful, whatever).

I just don’t get the assertion that the words/picture in question don’t mean *anything*. Even if the poster didn’t mean an alt-right connotation, surely they meant *something*. But when asked, they completely dodged. That’s what looks odd.

I’m trying to find the original post, but maybe it’s gone or been edited? The bit that said something like “so I went down to my wordy bois and got some” or something like that. Several posters asked, politely, what that meant. Someone with a genuine interest in communicating would have responded, “oh, it’s a site that has a lot of great memes” or “I just meant that I googled for some information” or whatever (I don’t know what it means).

Their response—well, lack of substantive response—leads me to believe they don’t actually wish to communicate with us. They seem to just want to stir the pot. Since you say it all made sense to you, can you please explain?

ETA re the frog: Taking the alt-right association out of completely, it was just confusing. Usually a meme will illustrate a feeling or reaction in a vivid way. The expression on the frog’s face didn’t seem to convey any specific emotion, never mind one related to the post. If it was just “Whee! Hee hee hee! A giant frog!” well, that’s pretty obnoxious, all by itself.

35 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Since you say it all made sense to you, can you please explain?

I didn't say that it made sense, I said I understood what they were saying. My comment was directed more towards those expressing confusion and not the poster. I also said that perhaps they did have an underlying meaning but that's just not how I personally took it.

I agree that the posters deflection was suspicious and the safest bet is to remove the portion of their post that was possibly hate speech. 

Chantel Ray vs. Gwen Shamblin... 

I guess Gwen Shamblin has a point.  Chantel Ray has gone to the same Old Testament scriptures that Gwen loves to use to shame her followers and she seems to be using them in the same way:

From the blog:

One thing that has really helped me is before my meal, I will pray that God will help slow me down. I pray this when I thank Him for my food. I will say something like, “Lord, you know that I want to eat really fast. I love to do things fast. I just ask that you would help me to slow down, help me to chew and savor every bite. In your word, you say ‘I am the Lord your God that brought you out of Egypt, open your mouth wide and I will fill it (Ps. 81:10)’. I ask you to fill my heart and mind so I am not ravenous. Help me to feel calm right now and really slow down and put my fork down after each bite.” Try it next time you eat, it really helps!

The title of a blog post:

Exposing Your False God: Food

I don't know if Gwen twists Scripture the way Chantel does here, but this is one reason I won't buy her book or listen to her: 

The(n) Lord says, speaking about Mount Sinai:

12 “Put limits for the people around the mountain and tell them, ‘Be careful that you do not approach the mountain or touch the foot of it. Whoever touches the mountain is to be put to death.’ ”

Chantel says:

God is serious. There are consequences for sin. God told the Israelites, Listen, here’s your one rule: You can’t touch the foot of the mountain. A mountain here represents anything God has said not to do. Our attitude all too often seems to be, I know you’re telling me NOT to do it but I’m going to do it anyway.

and:

We know it must be for our benefit that He’s doesn’t want us to touch it. He’s telling us not to touch the “mountain”—not to overeat—for our own well-being. That’s because overeating has serious consequences—health consequences as well as financial and social consequences. God does all these things for our own good.

That whole blog post is very Weigh-Down sounding.  God's covenant with us is based on our obeying his commandment to not touch something...  

I'm not saying Gwen has the monopoly or anything like that, but I can see how she sees Chantel Ray's method as a copy of hers.  I've read that Shamblin may have gotten her ideas from Thin Within, so they may not be original either....

If you are interested in intermittent fasting, Dr. Jason Chung is a good expert to listen to. He's an actual doctor. For intuitive eating (eating what you really want, until satisfied) try the book by that very name.  I have yet to find a Christian based diet book that doesn't twist and mangle Scripture to make it say what they want it to say.  Yes, gluttony is listed as a sin, along with getting drunk. Yes, God warns us against these sins because they are bad for us and will destroy us, but God won't break his covenant with us because we sin! We are no longer under the old covenant!!! 

Both these women are fairly wealthy.. perhaps they should pay attention to the passages that talk about money ?

This post is for anyone who comes across this forum and sees what was recently post about my son, Jacob Gormsen.  I want to have a chance to clear up few facts about what has been said about my son, his brother, and his life and choices.

It was stated as fact what when his arrest happened, his brother was also passed out, drunk and with him.   That is not true, he was not with his brother.  There was another person in the car, but it was not his brother.   I don’t know what “public record” is being referred to but there is no official record on the arrest where it mentions his brother in the car, because it did not happen.

As to the statement about Jacob appealing his conviction due to “Perception” - that is totally false and had nothing to do with it.  Here is what really happened -  after the trial, Jacob’s public defender came to him and told Jacob he felt the case had good grounds for appeal.   After Jacob was told that, he then came to us and ask about it and what we thought he should do.  My and wife and I talked with him about just accepting the consequences of his actions and moving on.  We thought it would hold him back being focused on an appeal and it would be best for him to just accept the verdict and move on in life.  We told him that this one event would not define him and not limit him at all.   But he felt strongly about it wanting to try as he felt it would hinder him possible career choices (airlines was an interest of his) and so he decided to follow the attorney’s recommendation.   It was 100% his choice, even though he choose differently than we thought, but we totally understood and supported him through this process.

Lastly, Jacob did not commit suicide.  The story about Jacob’s death is one that sadly is not uncommon today.  He got caught up and involved in an addiction that is very hard to stop, as any parent would, we helped in any way we could.  We helped Jacob get to in-patient treatment, outpatient treatment, AA  all things he wanted to do to try to help to stop.   After then after years of struggling and with the support of his family, friends and church (and Gwen was his biggest encourager and supporter) he had reached a point in his life where things where turning around, he was happy again, he felt he had a future, had a full-time job and was looking forward to possibly going back to school.  But then he had a moment where he gave in again to the pull, and the combination of what he was sold and the lack of tolerance he had was more than his body could take and he died from an accidental overdose.

I am not here to start a debate and get into more details about my son, this will be my first and last post on this. My only reason for posting this, is so that anyone who comes across this forum and sees these posts about him, will also get the truth about his life, choices and death.

While I understand you are free to post whatever you want on this forum,  I would request that you refrain from saying things about Jacob that are not true and you know nothing about, it is painful enough to not have him with us anymore, let alone having to hear about and respond to false things being said about him and I pray that your family never has to go through something like this.

And to anyone who is following and reading messages on this thread, I ask you to consider one thing -  if these people would post inaccurate facts and make up stories about something as tragic and personal as this, then consider the possibility that other things they so confidently talk about here may also not be fully true

Eldon Gormsen

Here is a link to the post I am referring to, the thread is closed so I was unable to respond there.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/31439-gwen-shamblin-2-divorce-what-divorce/?do=findComment&comment=1647467

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

All that to say that I understood the poster perfectly and didn't see anything wrong with what they wrote. Perhaps they had an underlying meaning but that wasn't the first place my mind went because I read that type of languange daily.

Glad you did but I sure didn't, as I don't read this type of language daily and I saw plenty wrong with what that poster wrote. Why would anyone think that an unrelated audience on a site about religious fundies would understand this very specific meme speak? Bizarre to me. It's like if I came on here and posted something written in Ebonics, which another black person would likely understand but many of you wouldn't. And because I am black I am sensitive to possible racist dogwhistles, especially on FJ. But I appreciate your perspective.

1 hour ago, afather said:

This post is for anyone who comes across this forum and sees what was recently post about my son, Jacob Gormsen.  I want to have a chance to clear up few facts about what has been said about my son, his brother, and his life and choices.

It was stated as fact what when his arrest happened, his brother was also passed out, drunk and with him.   That is not true, he was not with his brother.  There was another person in the car, but it was not his brother.   I don’t know what “public record” is being referred to but there is no official record on the arrest where it mentions his brother in the car, because it did not happen.

As to the statement about Jacob appealing his conviction due to “Perception” - that is totally false and had nothing to do with it.  Here is what really happened -  after the trial, Jacob’s public defender came to him and told Jacob he felt the case had good grounds for appeal.   After Jacob was told that, he then came to us and ask about it and what we thought he should do.  My and wife and I talked with him about just accepting the consequences of his actions and moving on.  We thought it would hold him back being focused on an appeal and it would be best for him to just accept the verdict and move on in life.  We told him that this one event would not define him and not limit him at all.   But he felt strongly about it wanting to try as he felt it would hinder him possible career choices (airlines was an interest of his) and so he decided to follow the attorney’s recommendation.   It was 100% his choice, even though he choose differently than we thought, but we totally understood and supported him through this process.

Lastly, Jacob did not commit suicide.  The story about Jacob’s death is one that sadly is not uncommon today.  He got caught up and involved in an addiction that is very hard to stop, as any parent would, we helped in any way we could.  We helped Jacob get to in-patient treatment, outpatient treatment, AA  all things he wanted to do to try to help to stop.   After then after years of struggling and with the support of his family, friends and church (and Gwen was his biggest encourager and supporter) he had reached a point in his life where things where turning around, he was happy again, he felt he had a future, had a full-time job and was looking forward to possibly going back to school.  But then he had a moment where he gave in again to the pull, and the combination of what he was sold and the lack of tolerance he had was more than his body could take and he died from an accidental overdose.

I am not here to start a debate and get into more details about my son, this will be my first and last post on this. My only reason for posting this, is so that anyone who comes across this forum and sees these posts about him, will also get the truth about his life, choices and death.

While I understand you are free to post whatever you want on this forum,  I would request that you refrain from saying things about Jacob that are not true and you know nothing about, it is painful enough to not have him with us anymore, let alone having to hear about and respond to false things being said about him and I pray that your family never has to go through something like this.

And to anyone who is following and reading messages on this thread, I ask you to consider one thing -  if these people would post inaccurate facts and make up stories about something as tragic and personal as this, then consider the possibility that other things they so confidently talk about here may also not be fully true

Eldon Gormsen

Here is a link to the post I am referring to, the thread is closed so I was unable to respond there.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/31439-gwen-shamblin-2-divorce-what-divorce/?do=findComment&comment=1647467

Eldon, I met you once and you were kind to me — a class act.

I want to express my true and sincere condolences for the loss of your son. I know too well how addiction destroys; I’ve lost loved ones myself. My fiancé is six years sober, via AA, and I don’t take a day of that for granted.

I’m glad to learn Jacob did try AA, rehab, etc. I’ve personally heard Gwen speak out against those options; Remnant outwardly disregards any kind of help/support besides it’s own message. And I feel that is a very dangerous stance. 

Much respect.

48 minutes ago, afather said:

Eldon Gormsen

I’m sorry for your loss. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived