IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Is this why they try to avoid answering specific questions about their doctrine and beliefs? They have the scriptures memorized and Gwen's spin on it, but can't handle it if anyone doesn't take what they say at face value?

Yes, as well as the fact that they have to get leadership/Gwen’s approval on what they say/don’t say. Members don’t do ANYTHING without leadership/Gwen’s approval. 

Is Gwen prosperity gospel? I'm trying to wade through what they believe, but I can't watch her videos and a lot of  the info is in videos. She is works based salvation, though. How many works does someone have to do to make sure they are saved? I would think spending a fortune on a large house, tons of clothes, and however much it costs to maintain that hair would be subtracting points from her works to get to heaven tally. That Gwen indulges herself with worldly possessions is something that none of them would even address. I bet she could feed a ton of homeless people with her hair and make up budget alone!

The simplest answer is yes, they are prosperity gospel, though it is of course distorted. They believe that if you are sinless (because ya know, Jesus was perfect and sinless and therefore you can be too. ?‍♀️) you will be blessed.. No sickness, bad things, etc. But that’s where it’s weird too. If something bad happens, you’re either living in sin OR you’re being tested. It’s never consistent. And it’s not necessarily about the “number” of works but rather about being sinless. They refuse to acknowledge that Gwen indulges herself because they believe she has been “Blessed” by God. 

Am I correct in thinking they don't support social welfare programs and when they talk about helping others it is only helping those in good standing in the church? 

I honestly don’t know. I don’t remember hearing anything about that. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

That Gwen indulges herself with worldly possessions is something that none of them would even address. I bet she could feed a ton of homeless people with her hair and make up budget alone!

Am I correct in thinking they don't support social welfare programs and when they talk about helping others it is only helping those in good standing in the church? 

No.

But they would argue their ministries for the public include:

• Their Angels Armoire second hand store.   This is nothing but a way for RF members to trade clothes (including of course fancy clothing for their many extravagant events).  While it's 'open to the public' the hours are for a small window after some of their Wed and Sat services and every other Sunday from 1-3.  It is a cosigner store so the seller makes some money and guess who else makes some money?   I guess if the poor need a tuxedo for a 8 yr old, this would help.  This is not whatsoever a Habitat for Humanity store or a Goodwill store or anything like that.  The customers must be about 99% RF members so this is only self serving within RF.
  • Their prison ministry.  This is interesting because there are a handful of volunteers that literally go to a couple prisons and try to get them hooked on Remnant.  They do give Gwen's books and DVDs away for free to the prisoners.  This started with one of the prisons that one of the Smiths were at (Jospeh and Sonya are in separate prisons).  

My take is this was was started and continues to help prove how the Smiths were innocent as they helped from inside the prison.  It's like they are implying "How can a guilty child murderer help coordinate spreading Gwen's message within a prison?  Obviously they are innocent if they do this good work."  It's also something they like to brag about and show that, indeed, they serve the needy.  They do get some takers.  Sometimes when a prisoner is released, they come to RF to give their testimony about how Gwen's message has changed their life.  What's scary is seeing an ex-prisoner come to a festival where there are many kids running around and really zero supervision.

• Of course, the overriding ministry is Gwen and Remnant itself.  That Gwen is selfless and has dedicated her life and her money to start Remnant and keep in running.

But no, they don't help support any kind of public, typical social welfare programs.  Gwen spends her money on her lavish lifestyle.  Gwen constantly harps on greed, but somehow Gwen narrows to definition of greed to eating too much.  Gwen constantly harps about selfishness, but I've never, ever, ever known someone to be more selfish or self centered.  The irony is too hard to explain.

12 hours ago, RemnantSurvivor said:

To say that remnant does not shun people who leave is a complete lie.

Welcome! Cults lie like rugs.

13 hours ago, RemnantSurvivor said:

It’s assumed that whatever Gwen thinks is what God thinks.

Gwen and her followers need to hook up with Lori Alexander and her followers. Lori believe in only "eating your portion", she fits right in a food restricting cult.

13 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Gwen constantly harps on greed, but somehow Gwen narrows to definition of greed to eating too much. 

That is why i asked the group of folks who showed up defend RF why it is okay for Gwen to be a glutton for material things when her whole message was that gluttony is bad. None of them even attempted to answer. 

RF members who are reading here, go ask Gwen this. Ask her why it is okay for her to engage in gluttony on one level while criticizing people for engaging in it on another level. Are you afraid to do so? Are you worried the church will shun you? Will Gwen get angry or instead act super sweet but not give you a real answer? Well then all signs point to you having joined a cult. 

And people who want to learn about RF and find this thread, think about the hypocrisy Gwen is engaging in and how her members came here and couldn't address this issue. Think long and hard before getting involved in an organization that behaves this way. 

17 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

"How can a guilty child murderer help coordinate spreading Gwen's message within a prison?

As a riff on "There are no atheists in foxholes.", "There are no atheists in prison." Jailhouse conversions are a trope.

10 hours ago, Blahblah said:

I knew that hair reminded me of something. Maybe she's a fan of the B52s.

images.jpeg.b9d48c2fa13ff0edc8bba5020a61c196.jpeg

Either that or Chewbacca.

Please don't do Chewy and the B52 girls like that.  

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=162061521382460&id=598667513517486

ETA:    *I'm using humor because I'm seriously disturbed and sad for the families posting here with loved ones entangled in this unhealthy mess.  I truly hope and pray your loved ones get out and you all heal and enjoy this beautiful life with all it has to offer. Including food, food that gives us life, memories and happiness.  Blessed be folks.  

15 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Just realized that Gwen's Hair Shall Not Be Named

For real.  I don't even want to insult a rats nest.

Also, I can't get over the starvation diet.  Gwen's daughter makes me tear up.  Can't they at least be raw vegan?  It's healthy at least. Exciting to eat all those fruits, nuts and veggies.  Get creative. No? Just 2 m&m's, ok.  

17 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

For real.  I don't even want to insult a rats nest.

Also, I can't get over the starvation diet.  Gwen's daughter makes me tear up.  Can't they at least be raw vegan?  It's healthy at least. Exciting to eat all those fruits, nuts and veggies.  Get creative. No? Just 2 m&m's, ok.  

Wonder what Steve Maxwell would think to know his menus look like positive gluttony compared to this.  At least they get 3 animal crackers.

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Can't they at least be raw vegan?  It's healthy at least.

I've tried raw vegan and it can be hard, but compared to Gwen's diet plan it would be a breeze! Real food! No limits on the amount of food! No licking salt off anything and hoping it keeps you going! You can have fat!

The RF Youth FB page is filled with weight loss stories. It is heartbreaking that they push such unhealthy ideas about eating and the body on children and teens. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

I've tried raw vegan and it can be hard, but compared to Gwen's diet plan it would be a breeze! Real food! No limits on the amount of food! No licking salt off anything and hoping it keeps you going! You can have fat!

The RF Youth FB page is filled with weight loss stories. It is heartbreaking that they push such unhealthy ideas about eating and the body on children and teens. 

It's heartbreaking.  Growing humans are not like fully grown humans. And full on adults shouldceat and enjoy food too. Children raised this way will have a helluva time replacing Gwen's starvation ideals with real healthy eating and enjoying fine cuisine.  

I am curious...what would they think of someone who ate a lot of salad-like say a great big bowl of salad with berries, nuts, and seeds? Would they consider that gluttony, because it's a big bowl? Does the fact that it's totally healthy/vegan cancel it out? I realize this cult is not necessarily vegan and big on the whole "don't eat too much", but I wonder if they realize that consuming a lot of certain foods-like salads such as those described above-isn't liable to make someone gain that much weight at all. 

If they still consider that being a glutton and something that could lead to making one fat, that's hilarious. 

It amuses me. I've been sitting here on Ms. Laptop planning meals for mister destiny and myself for the next two weeks, and I keep getting notifications from this thread. No starving ourselves for Jesus here (though mister isn't entirely pleased that the meals are nearly all vegetarian). Come to think of it, I don't think Gwen would approve either. 

7 hours ago, unholypoledancer said:

I am curious...what would they think of someone who ate a lot of salad-like say a great big bowl of salad with berries, nuts, and seeds? Would they consider that gluttony, because it's a big bowl? Does the fact that it's totally healthy/vegan cancel it out? I realize this cult is not necessarily vegan and big on the whole "don't eat too much", but I wonder if they realize that consuming a lot of certain foods-like salads such as those described above-isn't liable to make someone gain that much weight at all. 

If they still consider that being a glutton and something that could lead to making one fat, that's hilarious. 

She started her diet in the 1980's. That's all there is to say about it really. Nutrition has moved on.... Plus it's harder to control people when their brains are fed and functioning. Not that you were actually asking for an answer.... we all know the answer. 

14 hours ago, Beermeet said:

It's heartbreaking.  Growing humans are not like fully grown humans. And full on adults shouldceat and enjoy food too. Children raised this way will have a helluva time replacing Gwen's starvation ideals with real healthy eating and enjoying fine cuisine.  

They probably won't grow up healthy.  They are most likely missing out on much needed nutrients that build strong, healthy bodies and minds.  There is no excuse for that, I consider it to be child abuse. At least when it's done like that, I am not getting on parents who simply cannot afford better than what they are currently eating.  If that sentence makes sense! But what this cult is doing is abuse.  Look at Gwen's daughter as an example, she looks like she's starving to death.

So I tortured myself by looking at all the photos from all 3 days of the recent Feast of Tabernacles posted on FB.  I actually looked at all of them twice to be sure I saw what I thought I saw,

1.  No photos of Michael, Elle and their children

2.  No pictures of Elizabeth, Little Lord  RF, and the other daughters; only a very few photos of Brandon and the 2 oldest girls.

3,  No photos of Tarzan

4.  The same RF Royalty and children appear again and again and again ........

Also, while RF is all about the skinny, I was surprised to see several photos of definitely very not skinny people.  Surprised because I though anyone overweight was hidden/ told to say away or out of sight. 

There were, however, lots of photos of very thin teenage girls.

There were several more photos of the glamping tent someone posted up thread, very ostentatious and OTT.

I also checked out the RF Youth FB. Sigh .. all those testimonies from those girls about how losing weight cured everything wrong in their lives. Wrong usually being self focus.  All of them posted about finding love for God and now living a life of peace,  joy and happiness (always those 3 words),  All because of losing weight.

Every testimony sound exactly the same.  I don't believe the girls wrote them at all. 

Gwen, Gwen, Gwen,  I thought RF/WD was more savvy than that.  Teach your marketing and PR machine to change it up and at least try to make each "testimony" sound unique and authentic.  It's so, so, so blatantly obvious the none of the youth weight loss stories were written by any of the youths.  

8 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

All of them posted about finding love for God and now living a life of peace,  joy and happiness (always those 3 words),  All because of losing weight.

As someone in palpable need of all three if I was vulnerable enough to think that would work I'd be starting my chip licking only diet today.

22 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Also, while RF is all about the skinny, I was surprised to see several photos of definitely very not skinny people.  Surprised because I though anyone overweight was hidden/ told to say away or out of sight. 

I saw that and wondered if it was because those people are more recent converts and are losing weight so they get to appear and it is different for long time members who gain weight and don't immediately start licking chips and drinking diet drinks. 

ETA: I do think it is very telling that there were no pictures of the happy newly weds. No pictures of the new husband at all. They seem to be working hard to keep him hidden from the public eye. 

8 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Festivals were kinda the exception for some of the overweight members. They are not allowed to come in person consistently, but may be allowed to attend the festivals. You know, dangle the carrot... or like @formergothardite said, they may be newer members.

10 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I also checked out the RF Youth FB. Sigh .. all those testimonies from those girls about how losing weight cured everything wrong in their lives. Wrong usually being self focus.  All of them posted about finding love for God and now living a life of peace,  joy and happiness (always those 3 words),  All because of losing weight.

Every testimony sound exactly the same.  I don't believe the girls wrote them at all. 

Gwen, Gwen, Gwen,  I thought RF/WD was more savvy than that.  Teach your marketing and PR machine to change it up and at least try to make each "testimony" sound unique and authentic.  It's so, so, so blatantly obvious the none of the youth weight loss stories were written by any of the youths.  

They really aren't good at this...Leadership re-wrote my wedding vows since I didn't thank Gwen....they rewrite testimonies to make sure they hit the highlights...

Wow, I finally waded through the crazy that is this thread. Just wow. I want Gwen to meet JRod, so they can have an awful hair and make up competition. Then Jill can try and get Gwen to be her downline, and Gwen can tell her how ungodly she is for using and promoting weight loss supplements. And then Gwen can tell her that David is going to hell for being overweight.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:35 PM, InAllFairness said:

Back to the potential people out there that are really trying to find out the truth. Simply go through all of the comments made by everybody in the last several forums and make your own conclusion as to who this quote really represents.

So, is this cult member(s) saying FJ is a cult? I thought we were a hive vagina. Or @Curious‘ minions.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:49 PM, Ozlsn said:

I think it's easier to deflect in person because there are so many other cues going on. In text the original question is easy to remember, because it's there in black and white. In person it gets lost in the follow up to diversions, unless the interviewer is really good and can drag the person back from their predetermined talking points.

So they expect everyone they argue with to be like the presidential debate moderators who never called candidates on their avoidance of answering questions?

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

So, is this cult member(s) saying FJ is a cult? I thought we were a hive vagina. Or @Curious‘ minions

We are all things to all people!

I haven't looked at her teachings, but are vitamins/minerals/supplements allowed? Or does she prefer her followers completely devoid and deficient in all nutrients? 

49 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

So, is this cult member(s) saying FJ is a cult?

FJ is the best cult I have personally joined! 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived