IGNORED

Safe at Home 4: Where the thread names change, but the Arndts stay the same

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

Yup, it's definitely not just the Arndts. The Botkins especially used to be pros at the the faux-couple poses. It was almost sad to watch as the older sons got married off one by one, until AS & E were stuck at the back of family photos with their two significantly younger brothers.

Along similar lines, the Maxwell family's cover photo for their "Trust and Obey" album made them look like four separate couples!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

Along similar lines, the Maxwell family's cover photo for their "Trust and Obey" album made them look like four separate couples!

I hadn't seen that before. :pink-shock: For anyone else who isn't familiar:

Spoiler

3000web_1.png.e420f6990fbc235c110415eceb4b799c.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 13
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I've been thinking of a new theory... You know the kind of guy who has a weird personality but only goes after the really hot/younger girls? And gets rejected a lot or ditched after a few weeks? The kind of guy who doesn't understand that he will never find a mutant mix of his mom and a barbie doll?

That guy gets bitter and misogynistic, and ends up making no efforts to meet anyone. That guy hits the gym for self-reassurance but believes there are no good women out there anymore. 

I have a feeling some (perhaps not all) the Arndt men fall into that category. Maybe they've been rejected a lot because they're not going for the right girls. Something tells me they're pretty shallow and would only settle for a gorgeous, giggly, completely adaptable (read submissive) girl. Their way of life and "family culture" seem extremely rigid and they don't seem ready to change that for a woman.

I could be totally off the mark and they're in fact these adorable goofy guys who would love to pair up with other awkwardly cute Christian girls like the 7 Sisters, but I kind of doubt that. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Something tells me they're pretty shallow and would only settle for a gorgeous, giggly, completely adaptable (read submissive) girl.

and someone willing to keep sex off the table until marriage.

Idk, I get the feeling it much deeper than punching above their weight class.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 12/14/2018 at 8:44 PM, Lisafer said:

*pops in to see if something is happening in the Arndternate Universe*  *leaves, weeping*

Every single fucking time! Come on Rick! Give us another Vine Valley clip if we are never going to get the actual Vine Valley! 

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

and someone willing to keep sex off the table until marriage.

Idk, I get the feeling it much deeper than punching above their weight class.

And someone willing to put up with Rick, Cathy, the rest of the Arndt siblings, the Penguin love, constant Vine Valley filming, and the yearly trek to New York State to film for Vine Valley...

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Every single fucking time! Come on Rick! Give us another Vine Valley clip if we are never going to get the actual Vine Valley!  

that's all I want for Christmas.

• Upvote 3

Okay, but no joke, if anyone knows some nice single guys in New Zealand, hit me up. I want to move to New Zealand. It seems like the Canada of the southern hemisphere but with nicer weather. :P 

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Idle speculation: Does anyone think Rick and wifey may have extracted some sort of pledge from the offspring that they would either never marry or not marry until Mommy and Daddy were dead?

29 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Idle speculation: Does anyone think Rick and wifey may have extracted some sort of pledge from the offspring that they would either never marry or not marry until Mommy and Daddy were dead?

Luke and Mark used to write about their perfect little future wifeys who existed only in their minds, so I tend to doubt it.

I think Rick and Cathy are  probably very subtle about their machinations, and that subtlety makes their manipulation all the more insidious. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Luke and Mark used to write about their perfect little future wifeys who existed only in their minds, so I tend to doubt it.

I think Rick and Cathy are  probably very subtle about their machinations, and that subtlety makes their manipulation all the more insidious. 

Agree, the fact that they envisioned a perfect future wife tells me that they had some expectation of getting married, someday.   Their parents may have even told them that someday they will find "God's Best".

However, that doesn't prevent Mommy and Daddy from working their voodoo in keeping their kids from leaving home, "safe at home", even in the face of the oldest pushing 40.    IME, close and loving families can work some serious mindfuckery all in the name of love and concern.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 12/20/2018 at 12:56 PM, nokidsmom said:

Agree, the fact that they envisioned a perfect future wife tells me that they had some expectation of getting married, someday.   Their parents may have even told them that someday they will find "God's Best".

Yes, and while I don't think we can discount parental brainwashing about being Safe At Home, I do think the expectation of perfect, Godly perfection in a woman is a huge part of the problem here.

Their fantasy doesn't exist.  And if they are looking for a wife just like the gal who married dear old dad, good luck with that, manboys.  Cathy is about as unique as they come, and I mean that in both good and bad ways.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 12/14/2018 at 8:44 PM, Lisafer said:

*pops in to see if something is happening in the Arndternate Universe*  *leaves, weeping*

*sniff, sniff* I was hoping something happened, I saw unread/new posts, but nope

*WiseGirl shakes head sadly, hopes dashed again*

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

*sniff, sniff* I was hoping something happened, I saw unread/new posts, but nope

oh sweetie, nothing will ever happen here.

{{hugs}} we all know how you feel.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 9

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:56 AM, Briefly said:

We saw a news report this morning about a zoo, I'm not sure where, that lets their penguins out and shepherds them around the zoo on the first day with snow.  Maybe other snowy days as well, but at least the first one.  It was cute and they seemed to be enjoying it.  But I kept expecting an Arndt manboy to show up!

I wonder if lots of zoos do something similar. Edinburgh Zoo lets the penguins out of the enclosure every day for a walkabout. It is a whole Thing

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

On 21 December 2018 at 5:12 PM, seraaa said:

I wonder if lots of zoos do something similar. Edinburgh Zoo lets the penguins out of the enclosure every day for a walkabout. It is a whole Thing

...and a wonderful thing to see. :bigheart:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 12/21/2018 at 6:08 PM, WiseGirl said:

On 12/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

oh sweetie, nothing will ever happen here.

{{hugs}} we all know how you feel.

Come on now, I thought we had a deal.  If anything does ever happen in the Arndt family then the member alerts the Helpmeets and Admins immediately so that the thread title can be changed to:  "The Arndts - something has changed!  Finally!!!!!

On 12/21/2018 at 8:12 PM, seraaa said:

It is a Thing.

The Arndts do something similar but only a couple of times a year.  Then that little town in IL is mesmerized as the man-boys are released en masse from the enclosure to do a walkabout, mingle with the populace, promote Christianity, and play with a ball.  It is still called the FamTeam Softball Classic.  They held 2 Classic weekends last September but don't make such a song and dance about it these days.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Come on now, I thought we had a deal.  If anything does ever happen in the Arndt family then the member alerts the Helpmeets and Admins immediately so that the thread title can be changed to:  "The Arndts - something has changed!  Finally!!!!!

that stands, I just think it's an alarm that will never sound.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

I just keep hoping one of the Arndt man-boys will show up here and explain it all to us. I assume Rick has net-nannied us, though.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I'd actually pay money for a Tell-All Book. At least one of them has to spill the beans. This family is just too weird. I keep waiting for something to happen and nothing. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 12/15/2018 at 6:52 PM, usedbicycle said:

You know the kind of guy who has a weird personality but only goes after the really hot/younger girls? And gets rejected a lot or ditched after a few weeks? The kind of guy who doesn't understand that he will never find a mutant mix of his mom and a barbie doll?

That guy gets bitter and misogynistic, and ends up making no efforts to meet anyone. That guy hits the gym for self-reassurance but believes there are no good women out there anymore. 

Whoa, the whole MRA syndrome summed neatly in two paragraphs. 

Freakin' brilliant, @usedbicycle

The kind of guy who doesn't understand that he will never find a mutant mix of his mom and a barbie doll?

Also the kind of guy who, even though he's paying for sex, thinks a prostitute really digs him, thinks he's special and believes her when she tells him how hot he is.  Pathetic.  And the kind of guy that a prostitute thinks is really creepy. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

On 12/27/2018 at 2:08 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I'd actually pay money for a Tell-All Book. At least one of them has to spill the beans. This family is just too weird. I keep waiting for something to happen and nothing. 

I wonder how many of them keep expecting something to happen and are endlessly disappointed when nothing does. It amazes me that boredom and loneliness hasn’t driven some of them to break free and find a life of their choosing. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic