IGNORED

JinJer & Felicity 44: The Glossy Veneer is Slipping

Jellybean

There is not enough gloss/glitz/glamour to cover the hatefulness here. Jeremy has been expressing his privilege and entitlement along with some truly ugly views about racism, sexism/sexual assault and more, as detailed in the previous thread:

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those expressing interest, we have an old thread devoted to tracking the sponsors of “Counting On.” Perhaps it’s time to start listing the current companies running commercials during episodes for those who want to write in concerning their disgust over Jeremy’s hateful views.

And once again, BENJAMIN SEEWALD is wholly unopposed in his position as “least objectionable Duggar son in law”. Nice work, Jessa Blessa.  

Pretty soon the Duggars and the Kellers will be able to have a serious “shittiest sons-in-law” competition. 

Jessa just manages his image better than her sisters do their husbands. But look for TLC to do some emergency image rehab pretty soon as PTB read here. 

It's probably a part of the reason why Counting On is so painfully boring and cookie cutter. Boring is better than controversial. The other part of that being TLC really can't be arsed to put in any actual effort into production. We will probably see ongoing deviations from the Duggar brand. Jinger and Jeremy taking a selfie wine glass in hand. Jinger in a one-piece swimsuit. Jeremy being comfortable displaying his tatoos, to offer a few possibilities. Too bad it won't mean crap as far as a change in heart. Yes, Jinger and Jeremy really are whitewashed sepulchres. Free Felicity!

As many others have pointed out before, here and elsewhere, the article Jeremy posted can basically be paraphrased as, "I'm very upset that people are standing up for themselves and pointing how out my negative behaviour impacts them!"

It would be embarrassing if the consequences weren't so dire. 

"We all have the tendency to point the finger at someone else to explain away our own sin or our lot in life if it is not to our satisfaction. We all want to be innocent victims rather than morally accountable."

Example:

"Racism which influences conditions which result in inordinate amounts of police shootings is bad, actually"

"Well, ACTUALLY, it's your fault. This is your 'lot in life'. Maybe try idk not existing? But either way, shut up"

just lol

@seraaa Exactly. 

The article somehow manages to say that opression doesn’t exist while also saying people are deserving of their oppression.

It defies logical argument so I didn’t think it was possible, but these people have no shame. 

Kinda wish Jeremy would be challenged and then reply to comments (and effectively show his whole ass) like Derick, but he’s so savvy for that. 

Seewalds: silence is golden has so much more meaning now.

Fuck Jeremy. Seriously, I know every movement has a counter movement and therefore social equality has a counter movement, but it seriously angers me so much that they are acting like selfish whiny bitches and claiming to be representatives of heaven here on earth. So you think this is what heaven should be like for everyone, Jeremy? Some getting all and able to use their voices about it, and some getting nothing but required to stay silent because you don't want to change how you think or interact with the world even a little bit? You swine.

EDIT: I didn't mean to use seriously so many times but I still stand by it.

And from the previous thread (I can't quote it, but it was about the latest, bare-handed Felicity pic) . . . I now want "the mittens are off" to be a new title.  It seems to tie in nicely with Jeremy's recent hateful post and is a pun/play on "the gloves are off".

22 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I’m behind on the other thread and now am afraid to look because I’ll get mad

Are you a decent human being?

Then yes, you will probably get mad. And maybe a bit sad. 

2 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Fuck Jeremy. Seriously, I know every movement has a counter movement and therefore social equality has a counter movement, but it seriously angers me so much that they are acting like selfish whiny bitches and claiming to be representatives of heaven here on earth. So you think this is what heaven should be like for everyone, Jeremy? Some getting all and able to use their voices about it, and some getting nothing but required to stay silent because you don't want to change how you think or interact with the world even a little bit? You swine.

This is their death rattle and deep down they know it. The world's changing, and it's scary to them. In the era of Trump it can really seem like this kind of ugliness (racism, sexism, homophobia, etc) is getting worse but I honestly believe that they are being loud now because they know they are doomed. 30 years from now, schoolchildren will view them the same way I viewed the white Southerners who fought against the Civil Rights movement. They're going out kicking and screaming and taking as many good people down with them as they can, but they are going out. 

50% of children born in the U.S are minorities. 

By 2019, POC children will be the majority of all US children.

Between 2041-2046 the whole United States will be minority majoirty. 2043 is the estimate if immigration rates stay the same (2041 if they go up, 2046 if they go down). Trump and his anti immigration assholes can do whatever they want,but all they are doing is preventing the inevitable by three measly years. It's still happening.

As of 2010, 15% of all  new marriages are interracial. That's a sizeable minority, and it's been growing rapidly with each new census. 

TX is going to eventually become a blue state (or at least a deeply purple state) , and once it does, it will be impossible for Republicans to steal another election. I'm not saying it's going to happen soon, or in time for my baby angel Beto to beat out the Zodiac killer (I do have a feeling Beto will be more successful in 2020 on a broader scale, but who really knows at this point) . It will take years, probably decades, but it will happen in my lifetime for sure.

Alabama has a Democrat senator. I don't care that Roy Moore was a rapist--that's still unbelievable. 

Women have never been so bold. I'm still young, but I remember that things were very different a mere 10 years ago. Hell, they were different 5 years ago. The Women's March, the #MeToo movement, the historic number of women running for office in 2018 might not look like much on their own, but taken together they show that more women are willing to stand up for themselves and they aren't backing down. The gender gap between the parties is getting wider, too.

The LGBTQ community, while still facing plenty of discrimination, has also come a long way in a short time.  They have made themselves more visible to the public, and they aren't going away. 67% of Americans approve of gay marraige, and again, that' keeps going up with every year.

The last time a non-incumbent Republican candidate won the popular vote was in 1988. The last two presidents both lost it, because the majority of the country does not want them.

So Jeremy can bitch. Derrick can feel emboldened by Trump. They are a dying breed. They might be dying slowly, but make no mistake, they are dying. Deep down they are scared and insecure. They are use to privilege, so true equality feels like oppression. I don't even feel angry about Jeremy's post (though seriously, in case it isn't clear, fuck him) because it's just so pathetic. 

I don't mean for this to sound like I'm being complacent, either. I think complacency after Obama got us 2016. But if people (to use a term Jeremy loves) stay "woke" and keep fighting, the age of Trump will be over sooner rather than later. 

I wonder what the real Jesus would say to Jeremy.  I also wonder if Jeremy would listen.  It doesn’t matter who the fundy is if you scratch away the surface you’ll find a big ugly core.  Every goddamn time.

This:

*Yes, I am a fan of spoken word poetry.  Jeremy,  take note.  This man is a second generation Christian communityleader in LA.  Idk if you can view this if not on FB. Screenshot to look up if not.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2044847455801183&id=1529039250715342

Screenshot_20180920-194152_Facebook.jpg

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Jeremy was one of the first signers for this. I perused the site and felt sick. Victim blaming.04510284-CA8D-4A20-899B-D73B2D05B81C.thumb.png.f1397cf9cebe568dde4eb4bdc2a1e1e8.png

Apparently there was something about sexual abuse in there in addition to the other horrific stuff*. If so, then there’s no competition - Jeremy easily wins worst Duggar son-in-law in my opinion. Dude has three sisters-in-law who were sexually abused and his own fucking wife was a victim of sexual abuse as well. It takes a special kind of asshole to sign something like this. I don’t think even Derick has managed to reach that specific level of assholery - and that’s saying something considering he harasses transgender teenagers online and attempted to off an innocent cat via sled once.

(*If I’m remembering what another poster wrote correctly. I haven’t looked through the statement myself because I don’t feel like tearing half my hair out in frustration and disgust.)

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Apparently there was something about sexual abuse in there in addition to the other horrific stuff*. If so, then there’s no competition - Jeremy easily wins worst Duggar son-in-law in my opinion. Dude has three sisters-in-law who were sexually abused and his own fucking wife was a victim of sexual abuse as well. It takes a special kind of asshole to sign something like this. I don’t think even Derick has managed to reach that specific level of assholery - and that’s saying something considering he harasses transgender teenagers online and attempted to off an innocent cat via sled once.

(*If I’m remembering what another poster wrote correctly. I haven’t looked through the statement myself because I don’t feel like tearing half my hair out in frustration and disgust.)

I don't think they ever mentioned sexual abuse directly, but they talk about women using "the victim card" and specifically call out Beth Moore who wrote a letter to men in the church and talks about misogyny and sexual harassment and does mention sexual abuse. Her letter is also part of the larger effort from many Christian women in the wake of the #metoo movement to expose sexual abuse in the church. Here's the passage in question:

There is power in victimhood, and many women have come to recognize that reality. Following closely behind racism is the oppression of women. Within evangelicalism there has been a sudden surge among women who want to have their voices heard too. More than that, they expect absolute equality of roles and position across denominational lines. This trend for women under the banner of social justice was fueled by Beth Moore who wrote an article titled, “A Letter to My Brothers” at the beginning of this summer. In the article she complained of mistreatment and systemic oppression within the evangelical community.

Her letter resulted in a flood of support from major evangelical leaders and a massive tidal wave of support from her fans across evangelicalism. Thabiti Anyabwile responded with an open apology letter titled, “An Apology to Beth Moore and My Sisters.” In his letter Thabiti Anyabwile writes:

I do now commit to being a more outspoken champion for my sisters and for you personally. Not that you need me to be but because it is right. I hope, with God’s help, to grow in sanctification, especially with regards to any sexism, misogyny, chauvinism, and the like that has used biblical teaching as a cover for its growth.

Dear Beth, and all my sisters, I hope you will forgive me.

Just like that—a new wave of “women empowerment” and “women equality” was fueled. It was one more example of how to use victimhood as a means of moving forward into greater success. I’m not at all suggesting that people haven’t mistreated or misrepresented Beth Moore in person or online, but the victim card is the new method of instant success. Beth Moore’s move was one that not only helped her, but it added a great deal of momentum behind conversations regarding how women should serve in evangelical conferences, in denominational positions, and within the local church. Suddenly, a large percentage of people within evangelical circles are rethinking the historic position of complementarianism.

And this isn't related to the statement, but Jeremy also seems to be a fan of John Piper, who has said disturbing things in the past.

In 2009, prominent American evangelical pastor John Piper, a frequent visitor to Sydney, was asked, "What should a wife's submission to her husband look like if he's an abuser?"

His response was that if he was "simply hurting her", then she should "endure verbal abuse for a season", and "endure perhaps being smacked one night", before seeking "help from the church".

Both Jeremy and John Piper will be speakers at a conference in January.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Sadly Derick already has missed again the opportunity to not be the worst or as equally bad. In the Dillard’s thread someone posted his retweet(?) that plays down the allegation made against Kavanaugh. Because obviously the accusation of attempted rape is just as bad as cheating in games as a child..... nothing to worry about. Just brush it off guys.

I would love to know how they process their actions with their wife’s past. I would even more love to know how Jill and Jinger think and feel about their past, if they really talked about it with their husbands, if they have been able to brush it off or if their husbands actions hurt them? I think maybe non of those four even makes the connection that we do. It is a common pattern that they see their own problems as valid but others in the exact same spot are treated as if they are just whiny.

So I guess they are both tied now. Deep, deep fall for Jeremy and a missed chance to leave the hole a bit for Derrick.

The only way I can add anything to discussion is to think about it this way.

Ben made friends with Flame, a rapper, and got a bit woke, but got sleepy again.

Jeremy must have met Kayne, agreed that slavery for hundreds of years became a choice at one point, nodded to himself and said I can work with this. I really want a little shield pin again for my lapel to be cool, but I need a society. Oh here's other people who also want little pins that say they're at heart just a feckless field mouse? Let's do it.

I do think Jeremy is still worse. Derick tweets awful things from his own account but Jeremy was involved in a statement that has had a much bigger impact on American Evangelicalism.

If Jesus met Jeremy he’d say: “Pull your ass together, you’re pathetic. I love you, but I’ll slip some caffeine into your drink because you need to get woke and stop whining that your white cishet male privilege is being knocked down a tad. You know what side I’d be on if I was living on the earth now, fighting? Certainly not yours.” 

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

If Jesus met Jeremy he’d say: “Pull your ass together, you’re pathetic. I love you, but I’ll slip some caffeine into your drink because you need to get woke and stop whining that your white cishet male privilege is being knocked down a tad. You know what side I’d be on if I was living on the earth now, fighting? Certainly not yours.” 

New reality show idea - “Woke Jesus!” It can follow Jesus as he returns to Earth and calls his followers who act like assholes out on all their bullshit. Or, if the real Jesus isn’t available, they could always hire Sacha Baron Cohen to stand in for him. I hear he’s really good at making people feel like complete idiots. :pb_lol:

(Psst! TLC! I’d pay such good money to see Jesus put Jeremy or any of the Duggars in their place.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived