IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

I have my own share of health problems, but at 63 I neither look nor feel as bad as Lori Alexander. Ugly is as ugly does. Plus, so many of her complains are nebulous, I daresay psychosomatic. I have nothing but sympathy for those who struggle with medical issues, as do I, but methinks Lori loves the attention and excuses that a myriad of health conditions provides. I wouldn't put it past her if she used one or several of her complaints as reasons to skip her mother's death. She is a real piece of work.

And folks who believe woo but not clinically tested, double blind scientific studies, well, I just don't get you at all. You trust your health and well-being to bullshit agenda-ridden propaganda pushers, but not scientists. Alrighty then.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I want to know how she's getting all these sores all over her body???   Growing up I had a few boils/sores on my knees from skinning them and getting dirt into cuts, etc.  and each of my kids maybe had one each growing up for the same reason, but how is she getting a sore on her neck and elbow.  WTF

I think most of them weren't sores until she put the black salve on them. I bet most of what she's used that on is age spots, warts, moles, skin tags... all stuff Dr. Pimple Popper would have removed in 5 minutes pain-free and which would have healed up fine in just a couple days afterward. But no, Lori has to put snake oil on it and let it burn for a day or two, then fester for a weeks before healing. 

10 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I wouldn't put it past her if she used one or several of her complaints as reasons to skip her mother's death. She is a real piece of work.

Or perhaps creates some of her own ailments for sympathy.  

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Those cars are leased and if quotas aren't reached the company stops paying. Performative prosperity but not real.

There is a fairly big Mary Kay area/nation (whatever they call the unit) in my area. One of the women at the top had the pink Cadillac suv (the midsize one, not the Escalade). Last year, she didn’t maintain her sales quota and has been bumped all the way down to a small/midsize sedan. It’s not even pink. Whoops. 

I’m acquaintances with a girl under her (she was a photographer which is how I came to meet her- now she just does MK). She’s always posting about how she has “designed her life”- but I daresay she works at least two nights per week (they always have these mixers and other parties), plus 1-2 Saturdays per month. I work a traditional M-F job and have at least as much flexibility, if not more. And there always seems to be so much pressure to sell, with all of these sales goals and challenges. And she’s always in full makeup- even in her bathing suit with her kids on the beach, tagging MK and the like.

I could purchase the following MLM products from my friend list: isagenix, beach body, plexus, thrive, Lularoe, MK, Avon, Rodan and Fields, thrive (they are especially pushy right now), beauty counter, Arbonne, doterra, lipsense, and I’m pretty sure more. It’s nonsense. I do like  Amelia dresses from lularoe- they are flattering to my body shape. I don’t do weird prints tho. 

19 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Avon was my starter makeup because they had a teen/ young adult line called Mark, I actually use a Mark makeup bag for my everyday makeup lol. I've heard of younique and seen pictures of women wearing the makeup, 85 percent of the time it looks like it's very poor quality and settles into fine lines and wrinkles. Avon is probably better quality than that stuff. 

It was one of the few that I could wear because it did not aggravate my allergies.  Eventually everything aggravated my allergies so I quit wearing it entirely while I was pregnant.  I tried to wear make up after my daughter was born but that's when I realized that I was not going to be able to wear it at all.

Is Tupperware considered to be an MLM?  I remember my sister being approached to sell it and she talked about how it didn't sound legal, like it was maybe a pyramid.  That was many years ago.

I like MK products, I was still using a matt foundation up until about 2-3 years ago. I've had some friends who sold it & I bought to support them.  I never could allow myself to front the $750-$100 up front to buy in. I've seen Avon be a decent side hustle, I have a FB person or two still on the Plexus train... one hard core Young Living Oil seller. That's a personal sore spot for me.

If I, a self-proclaimed recovering Catholic Pagan, would have told her certain oils were handy for various things... she'd have written me off. But find a fundy, evangelical friend who sings the praises of the Mormon who started YLO..... Suddenly they're ingesting them & no longer using regular toothpaste. Never mind that she buys more than she sells each month. (Wooooosaaahhhhh) 

Anywho, no Lori, MLM's are hard to maintain & end up hurting the finances more than helping them. 

The Plexus people that show up in my FB feed NEVER mention the product by name. They actually write something like this:

"My friend, Jane, has  been able to stop her blood pressure meds since using (these supplements)." And then they post the obligatory picture of someone drinking the pink stuff  

They literally use parentheses and the words "these supplemnts."  And then they write "PM so you too can improve your health."  And then I get all stabby and yell "WHY won't you mention your product by name?!?" 

Does anybody know why they have to actually hide the name of their product? 

Also, we know a couple who evidently made it to the top of the Plexus world. They were always bragging about their trips and Louis Vuitton (sp?) products. Lately, though, they have been selling personal belongings on FB.  When someone asked why, they responded with "Just trying to get a better hold on our finances."  Hmmm...very interesting. 

5 hours ago, Briefly said:

Is Tupperware considered to be an MLM? 

Tupperware is like Avon to me, reps get a straight percentage of sales and do not have to stock inventory. It's OK. And their products last forever, I have things from the 1970s in outdated colors that function just fine. Not overpriced cheap quality crap.

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

The Plexus people that show up in my FB feed NEVER mention the product by name. They actually write something like this:

"My friend, Jane, has  been able to stop her blood pressure meds since using (these supplements)." And then they post the obligatory picture of someone drinking the pink stuff  

They literally use parentheses and the words "these supplemnts."  And then they write "PM so you too can improve your health."  And then I get all stabby and yell "WHY won't you mention your product by name?!?" 

Does anybody know why they have to actually hide the name of their product? 

Also, we know a couple who evidently made it to the top of the Plexus world. They were always bragging about their trips and Louis Vuitton (sp?) products. Lately, though, they have been selling personal belongings on FB.  When someone asked why, they responded with "Just trying to get a better hold on our finances."  Hmmm...very interesting. 

The ones on my FB tend to use the name Plexus. But I see other people doing the whole mystery "message me to find out" all over the Internet.

My favorite from my feed was along the lines of " my sister suffers from this disease, here's a story of how this other person overcame it with plexus". It wasn't even his sister that was drinking it. Just some random stranger, I'm guessing they have a secret inventory of success stories that they can pull from.

But on that note, a friend of mine got plexus to try and was reading through the book that came with it, I kid you not, it sounded like some cult level shit. Like it made me uncomfortable. I have another friend that sings its praises. And that's okay, just don't try to sell me any. 

On that note: I've decided that Trump and Lori can have America. I wanna go somewhere where the president doesn't insult sexual assault victims via Twitter.

One of my college friends sold the “skinny wrap” aggressively via FB for a year. It was a long year for all of us who loved her. The wrap was basically Satan wrap and you wrapped your torso in it to squeeze out all the toxins and make yourself skinnier.

At one point I could no longer resist and asked if you could just wrap yourself repeatedly until you were a size 0. My friend reluctantly said, yes, you could. I said if she could prove that I’d be her customer for life. She never did get back to me on setting that wrap date up.

30 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

One of my college friends sold the “skinny wrap” aggressively via FB for a year. It was a long year for all of us who loved her. The wrap was basically Satan wrap and you wrapped your torso in it to squeeze out all the toxins and make yourself skinnier.

At one point I could no longer resist and asked if you could just wrap yourself repeatedly until you were a size 0. My friend reluctantly said, yes, you could. I said if she could prove that I’d be her customer for life. She never did get back to me on setting that wrap date up.

So many of these MLM products tout their ability to purge unnamed “toxins” from people’s bodies. An Arbonne presenter, an actual RN, stood there and made the same claims, and I wanted to scream (but I was at my sister’s house): No, that clay mask wasn’t drawing “toxins” out of my niece’s face—it’s what you call “sebum,” and everyone has it. I also wanted to ask her what the liver and kidneys are for, if not to rid the body of toxins—and why we shouldn’t worry and get medical care stat if they don’t! (I bought the face creams anyway, because they’re expensive but good.)

To be fair though you don't have to use regular toothpaste. There are very effective healthier homemade recipes out there. Same with deodorant. 

I make my own deoderant and today I pissed off My Crazy Doterra Lady by telling her you could make it cheaper and just as effective when she tried to push Doterra deoderant on us. :D 

I'm probably a heathen but I just buy the essential oils from Walmart. They serve their purpose.

I had a Facebook friend who sold those skinny wrap. She'd look slightly skinnier in the before and after pictures of testing the products but in the rest of her everyday pictures? No change.  She eventually moved on the scentsy 

21 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I'm probably a heathen but I just buy the essential oils from Walmart. They serve their purpose.

I use Walmart peppermint oil for headaches. I also put a dab under my nose when I'm entering a perfume filled store. That has really cut down on scent-triggered migraines ANNNND it's like $5 a bottle, I think. 

21 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I use Walmart peppermint oil for headaches. I also put a dab under my nose when I'm entering a perfume filled store. That has really cut down on scent-triggered migraines ANNNND it's like $5 a bottle, I think. 

Yes! My family always mixes a little bit of peppermint oil and lavender oil on our temples for headaches. It's very soothing. I also know someone who uses peppermint to fight scent migraines and they find it very helpful. 

Another alternative to DoTerra that I've used is Edens Garden. I think the prices are better and they do little kits. 

I do like how she points out that you should actually know how to play an instrument if you intend to teach it. 

On 9/20/2018 at 2:17 PM, Sarah92 said:

Two, what parent is going to send their child to an adult tutor who doesn't have a college degree? 

I have a college degree but I tutored long before I had it. There's nothing magical about the college degree, they just need to have the correct level of knowledge for the subject you want taught and the ability to impart it. Someone who is strong in Algebra 2 can tutor someone who is in Algebra 1. 

As far as high school versus college goes, it is very possible for someone with a high school diploma to have a more advanced knowledge of certain subjects than someone with a college diploma. One person may take calculus in high school, while many college students never take it. One person may take a sequence of Shakespeare courses in high school, while another person may have barely touched upon the bard throughout high school and college. 

The required knowledge + ability to impart it to that student = good tutor for that student. 

Another fault of the LA accounting theory is cost of goods sold.  She encourages women to craft to make money, however, in most cases people aren't willing to pay for the finished product enough to cover the cost of the raw materials.  But using LA accounting practices, you use the husband's income to purchase $100 of supplies, and sell the finished product for $50.  Voila!  You're following God's perfect plan and you made $50 to contribute to the family's income, and you can brag about how you're working from home on the Godly Mentor's FB page and she will praise you for being so resourceful.

9 hours ago, littlemommy said:

The wrap was basically Satan wrap and you wrapped your torso in it to squeeze out all the toxins and make yourself skinnier.

Hahahahahaha!

@zeebaneighba, I'm crying laughing.

Oh, bless you I needed you to catch that and make a funny.  Got divorce papers a few days ago.  

Whole thing reminds me of one of my favorite movie scenes...

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Yes! My family always mixes a little bit of peppermint oil and lavender oil on our temples for headaches. It's very soothing. I also know someone who uses peppermint to fight scent migraines and they find it very helpful. 

Another alternative to DoTerra that I've used is Edens Garden. I think the prices are better and they do little kits. 

Plant Therapy is affordable, reputable, tested and pure. Most of what I use comes from them. 

23 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I have my own share of health problems, but at 63 I neither look nor feel as bad as Lori Alexander. Ugly is as ugly does. Plus, so many of her complains are nebulous, I daresay psychosomatic. I have nothing but sympathy for those who struggle with medical issues, as do I, but methinks Lori loves the attention and excuses that a myriad of health conditions provides. I wouldn't put it past her if she used one or several of her complaints as reasons to skip her mother's death. She is a real piece of work.

And folks who believe woo but not clinically tested, double blind scientific studies, well, I just don't get you at all. You trust your health and well-being to bullshit agenda-ridden propaganda pushers, but not scientists. Alrighty then.

Ohhh yes! I think we've talked about this before

wikipedia Primary and secondary morbid gain

"Secondary morbid gain can also be a component of any disease, but is an external motivator. If a patient's disease allows him/her to miss work, avoid military duty, obtain financial compensation, obtain drugs, or avoid a jail sentence, these would be examples of a secondary gain. An example would be an individual having stomach cramps when household chores are completed by a family."

Lori in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, zeebaneighba said:

Hahahahahaha!

It was Satan that autocorrected it! He wants me to be humiliated! I’d never make a mistake like that! Exceptions! EXCEPTIONS!!!!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived