IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Not to mention that it would put the woman under the authority of someone else and that might conflict with her husband's control. 

And I have tremendous difficulty grasping that concept about the husband’s need to control. I am so grateful for my loving egalitarian husband and pray my daughter and son never fall victim to the comp mindset. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Wages aren't everything. The wife's job could be providing health insurance and other benefits. Also, the wife is earning Social Security credits (US) and is making a more secure retirement for herself. Spouses are also positioning themselves to earn more in the future by gaining valuable work experience. Lots of considerations other than just take-home pay.

Absolutely.  Since I work in healthcare, I've always carried the benefits for our family (hospitals tend to offer good benefits)...that right there is invaluable. I also work in a field that is well-paying.  So in addition to helping to support our family,  we would have been insurance-less for the last 28 years had I not worked.  

I always hated the argument/assumption that I've heard frequently that women working retail/blue collar/minimum wage jobs did it because they had to but women working in white collar/office jobs did it because they want a "career" or "selfish" reasons.  The assumption being no one would work lower paying jobs unless they "had to", while those who worked in higher paying jobs "wanted to."  While there are a myriad of reasons why women work outside of the home (ALL of them valid).....many of us who work in higher paying office jobs/professions  ALSO do so because we "have to".... I will admit, I would have loved to stay home or worked part-time when my kids were young (they are 25, 22 and 14 now) but that was never our reality.   So if I had to work, I was going to work in the professional for which I trained in order to maximize my income and carry the benefits. 

When it comes right down to it, we are all doing the best we can.  I will never understand women attacking other women for just trying to do the best for their families or saying only one way is the right way. (whether it's staying home or working).  There are a lot of right ways. 

I am now retired, with a pension and savings that would not exist if I hadn’t. For the most part I enjoyed working. It gave me an identity outside of being a wife and mother. I was recognized for my brain and hard work. Yes paying for child care was expensive but I saw it as short term pain for long term gain. Working also gave me the knowledge that if something happened to my husband I would still be able to feed , clothe and house my children.

I think her followers are aware on some level that their education is so lacking that their job prospects are slim to none and cover it all with a pious,sanctimonious layer of bullshit to make themselves feel better.

10 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Wages aren't everything. The wife's job could be providing health insurance and other benefits. Also, the wife is earning Social Security credits (US) and is making a more secure retirement for herself. Spouses are also positioning themselves to earn more in the future by gaining valuable work experience. Lots of considerations other than just take-home pay.

Absolutely. Those are part of the whole picture that should be evaluated in makimg that decision. I meant a larger scale evaluation than the Godly Mentor had in mind, which is why I said she at least wasn't completely wrong, not that she was actually right this time.  I hate giving her even that much credit, but there it is. 

The final answer may look very different from one family to another. It might very well be beneficial for both parents to work, or maybe mom should work, and dad take care of the children in some cases. Wouldn't that just upset Lori's applecart?  

As some who's only 26, just had a b-day, I can't imagine trying to support myself doing what Lori suggests. Yeah I could live at home with my parents, but the town they live in doesn't offer much in terms of full time jobs with benefits. They did their job and raised me so I should be able to be a fully functioning adult by now. With my education and current job as a counselor in a healthcare system I was able to get benefits. With those benefits, I was able to go to the doctors for the first time in probably ten years. I also was able to set of a gyno appointment for the 1st time. I could never afford to pay out of pocket for such appointments.

Lori is teaching women to expect people to just take care of them when that's just not reality. Parents, churches, family, and friends don't always have the ability to help in times of need. I guess her teachings come from someone with a sense of entitlement who's always had her parents financial resources to fall back on

There are so many possibilities for families, that you'll hardly ever find two exactly the same. But Lori is so STUPID that she cannot see past the end of her nose. Her way is the only way - she says it's because she's "godly" but it's really because she has no compassion or imagination, and can't understand that not all people are just like her.

My mom stayed home with us when we were young, and went back to work when we were in middle school. BUT, we had a dairy farm, so really, she WAS working. Milking twice a day with dad before and after he went to work, cleanup, dealing with sick animals, handling basically ALL the detail and administrative stuff. She was busy. Working.

I know a single mom of twins - the dad has no contact with them - who is a full time nurse. For years she has worked Friday evenings through Sundays, very long hours, so she could be home with the kids during the week. Her mother keeps them on weekends.

Lori didn't even do most of the usual work that moms do unpaid, whether they stay home or not! She had a housekeeper and a nanny! 

12 hours ago, Beermeet said:

This is something that pisses me off the most with these crazy hyper religiouspeople and some not to crazy hyper. The idea that one NEEDS to have *insert religion here* in order to be a decent person and after death benefits.  No one knows what happens after we die.  Not one human ever. Certainly absurd to think *insert religion here * equals being a decent or great person.  That's ego boosting rhetoric, that's it.  

I'm gonna have to disagree here..... *le sigh*  

Kevin Bacon, Julia Roberts, William Baldwin, Keifer Sutherland and Oliver Platt totally know what happens after we die! 

Flatliners...?  Yeah?  No?  :evil-laugh: 

Lori's entitlement just shines right through any and all common sense that gets thrown her way.  There's no way anyone will be able to convince the princess that she should have ever gotten off her lazy ass and done something worth while.

@Beermeet I totally agree with you.  I just couldn't pass up a good Flatliners reference. :hug:

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Lori is teaching women to expect people to just take care of them when that's just not reality. Parents, churches, family, and friends don't always have the ability to help in times of need. I guess her teachings come from someone with a sense of entitlement who's always had her parents financial resources to fall back on

Lori expects women to be like little children. No education, no independence, no opinion on there own. Who need's to be told what to do and taken by the hand everyday. And like little girls, they are expected to obey with a sweet smile on their faces on everything. Because the world is an ugly place and women, the delicate flowers they are, are best to be home, as the angel in the home. Until they become older women like Lori and finally reach the "wisdom" to teach younger women, to be how they want them to be. Disgusting, my dog has more personality and freedom like the women Lori want us to be.

19 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't think Lori has ever addressed the subject of health insurance and other benefits. I think if a woman posted that she worked so her family could have health insurance-- I bet Lori would reply that it's the man's job to provide health insurance in addition to the other needs of the family.  I have the feeling that Lori probably has no idea how much Ken has paid over the years for health insurance. From talking with friends and relatives who are self-employed, health insurance can be expensive for them. I know a few families in which the husband is self employed and the wife works and is the one who carries the insurance.  Not all workplaces offer health care benefits or sometimes the health care plans aren't all that great. 

Several months back, a woman left a comment on FB to Lori that she worked for pensions for her old age. Lori didn't' reply to her and I think the comment have been deleted. But, Lori's idea for old age is to rely on her kids(probably the sons) for complete support.  I've said this before, but something could happen to Ken that could totally eat up his retirement fund. Let's say Ken gets dementia or has long term health problems before passing and Lori is left with very little. At one point, Lori said something about going on government assistance. We all know she wouldn't be happy with whatever she qualified for. 

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Lori didn't even do most of the usual work that moms do unpaid, whether they stay home or not! She had a housekeeper and a nanny! 

I keep hoping that nanny would go public somehow and out Lori to her fangirls and other admirers. 

8 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

My parents have helped me during job losses and I'm grateful for it. But, I know that not everyone has that kind of support. Lori comes as ungrateful and very entitled. As for the churches, she and Kenny boy don't even tithe and probably don't even care about the financial state of their current church. In one of her youtube videos, Lori did mention that some churches don't provide support.  She probably doesn't realize that it could be due to a lack of financial support from members. I think in her mind, she doesn't worry about churches because she doesn't have to ask them for help. 

I think Ken said here ages ago that they have one of those Christian "insurances" like Samaritan, although he wasn't specific which one.  I highly suspect Kenny boy has paid out of his own pocket for most of Lori's very expensive health care.

I also highly suspect that Kenny has very little set aside/ invested for retirement.  The way Lori throws money around on woo and $14 butter I suspect he finds it hard to budget for retirement.  I wonder if he's hoping Lori's dad will leave them a bundle? 

Bet you cash money Kenny keeps on working for a long time in order to kept Lori in the extravagant style to which she is accustomed.

Lori, selfish self absorbed cow that she is, totally believes Kenny should work himself to death for her.

18 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori, selfish self absorbed cow that she is, totally believes Kenny should work himself to death for her.

well, she "gives" him sex!

51 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

33 minutes ago, Hisey said:

well, she "gives" him sex!

Kenny boy's only sex partner is probably Rosy Palm. Maybe that's why Lori blows a bundle on Coconut oil. 

I'll see myself to the prayer closet now. 

4 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

My parents have helped me during job losses and I'm grateful for it. But, I know that not everyone has that kind of support. Lori comes as ungrateful and very entitled. As for the churches, she and Kenny boy don't even tithe and probably don't even care about the financial state of their current church. In one of her youtube videos, Lori did mention that some churches don't provide support.  She probably doesn't realize that it could be due to a lack of financial support from members. I think in her mind, she doesn't worry about churches because she doesn't have to ask them for help. 

I hope I didn't come off as saying anyone who accepts parents' help is spoiled/entitled. I know my parents would probably accept me back home in a heart beat if I needed to. Sometimes shit happens and we have to ask for help. However, Lori definitely seems to expect special treatment from others. 

I've had family who worked as secretaries of churches and were often involved in managing the financial assistance that was given to those needing help. There wasn't a budget to be paying for long term expenses. The church would help individiual several times before expecting them to get a job or move on

19 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

As some who's only 26, just had a b-day...

It's belated, but Happy 26th Birthday!

:bdayparty:

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I hope I didn't come off as saying anyone who accepts parents' help is spoiled/entitled. I know my parents would probably accept me back home in a heart beat if I needed to. Sometimes shit happens and we have to ask for help. However, Lori definitely seems to expect special treatment from others. 

I've had family who worked as secretaries of churches and were often involved in managing the financial assistance that was given to those needing help. There wasn't a budget to be paying for long term expenses. The church would help individiual several times before expecting them to get a job or move on

Oh, I agree she expects special treatment from others and she has told a few stories about how she can be when people don't do things the she wants them to be.

13 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think Ken said here ages ago that they have one of those Christian "insurances" like Samaritan, although he wasn't specific which one.  I highly suspect Kenny boy has paid out of his own pocket for most of Lori's very expensive health care.

I also highly suspect that Kenny has very little set aside/ invested for retirement.  The way Lori throws money around on woo and $14 butter I suspect he finds it hard to budget for retirement.  I wonder if he's hoping Lori's dad will leave them a bundle? 

Bet you cash money Kenny keeps on working for a long time in order to kept Lori in the extravagant style to which she is accustomed.

IIRC, one of their kids is on Samartian too. I also bet Ken is hoping for an inheritance from Lori's dad. 

Humbled Wife says:

I asked my husband what submitting means to him. He said humility. It means being willing to be wrong, to be corrected, to be taught, and even to be silent

I honestly just feel so sorry for her.

22 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I'm gonna have to disagree here..... *le sigh*  

Kevin Bacon, Julia Roberts, William Baldwin, Keifer Sutherland and Oliver Platt totally know what happens after we die! 

Flatliners...?  Yeah?  No?  :evil-laugh: 

I’m gonna have to quibble with you here, because Oliver Platt never flatlined! So he has to take the others’ experiences on faith. ;)

24 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

IIRC, one of their kids is on Samartian too. I also bet Ken is hoping for an inheritance from Lori's dad. 

I hope the only thing Lori’s dad leaves her is a recipe for soup...without potatoes.

Alyssa is really taking after her mum with her many vague ailments. A lot of 'gut issues' 'imbalances' 'crazy hormones' 'toxins'. She talks about having an infection in her intestine that took over a month to heal (seriously what's with this family and their guts?!) I wonder did she try fixing through diet because a course of antibiotics wouldn't be take that long.. 

1 hour ago, cara said:

Alyssa is really taking after her mum with her many vague ailments. A lot of 'gut issues' 'imbalances' 'crazy hormones' 'toxins'. She talks about having an infection in her intestine that took over a month to heal (seriously what's with this family and their guts?!) I wonder did she try fixing through diet because a course of antibiotics wouldn't be take that long.. 

Was it SIBO ? SIBO is a real thing that can require a lifestyle overhaul, but it almost feels like a popular (with natural health-type people) diagnosis these days -- much like MTHFR mutation) and used to explain the most random symptoms, from itchy scalp to excess gas to peely toenails. 

And yeah, the constant droning on about vague health issues is mind-numbing. I am uncharitably curious as to whether she genuinely has a health issue or if she's using her vague symptoms to "connect" with potential customers.

After all, miracle cures are just as popular as they were in the days of the old traveling medicine man, and their spokespeople are just as authentic. By which I mean, not at all authentic. 

Today Lori point blank asks A Lady of Reason is she's a Christian. If there was ever any doubt that she reads here, it's gone. I'm posting some of it here for those that don't read Lori's blog. I condensed the responses because they both blather on. 

Lady:

Well people, karma bites back.

Lori:

As believers in Jesus Christ, we don’t believe in “karma."

Lady:

I meant it in a figurative sense… it’s a common saying even if you don’t literally believe it…

Lori:

I don’t want to have anything to do with Hinduism and Buddhism. Are you are believer in Jesus Christ, A Lady of Reason? You do have a lot of wisdom but I was just curious.

Lady:

Not really… I hope you’d keep an open mind knowing that, I have other reasons for my agreement with you on a lot of your posts! 

Lori:

I will pray that you come to know and believe in the Savior of your soul.

21 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Today Lori point blank asks A Lady of Reason is she's a Christian. If there was ever any doubt that she reads here, it's gone.

How many things could we come up with that Lori should know, but won't admit to not knowing?  I see a lot of potential entertainment value here.  :pb_lol:  

Oh ya'll, Lori has a doodle on what to do when you want another child and your husband doesn't!

For some reason she didn't say to put a hole in your diaphragm.  I'm speechless that she would even give advice on that subject considering what she did.

2 hours ago, polecat said:

And yeah, the constant droning on about vague health issues is mind-numbing.

I thought it was just me.

For a family that eats "healthy" to a fault, exercises, they are all thin (I think too thin!)....I can't understand why they are all so "sick" all the time...I still have 30 pounds of baby weight to lose ("baby" will be 14 next month!! LOL) I exercise, eating relatively health albeit "normal" food....not all kind of weird health "powders" and "$14" butter...I am never sick. 

While people do have true health issues, the human body is really pretty hardy and resilient....and can withstand a lot.  I don't understand all my mystery illnesses and delicate balances, etc... I had nothing against Alyssa but my patience is wearing thin....the photo of her "bloating" was beyond ridiculous....

Again...I think Ken and Lori (mostly Lori) messed these kids up mightily and they just don't know it.  Ken had the right idea....eat some stupid spray cheese once in a while! 

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Lady:

Well people, karma bites back.

Lori:

As believers in Jesus Christ, we don’t believe in “karma."

No, Lori, you numbnuts -- but "you reap what you sow" is absolutely something that most Christians believe. Galatians 6:7 if you want to double-check, but given your lack of familiarity with other Christian principles (love, joy, peace, LONGSUFFERING, gentleness, goodness, faith, MEEKNESS, temperance), I guess it really won't matter to you anyway what the Bible literally says.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:16 AM, Imrlgoddess said:

Did someone say Kiefer????     (Apologies if images are too big)    

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived