IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

I am developing a serious dislike for A Lady of Reason. She is always the first to comment on every one of Lori's posts and her contributions run from mildly annoying to downright vile. Today she's vile:

"Today though, in hook up culture, the concept of rape, like sex, is cheapened beyond measure, into “he said she said” after a regretted hook up the morning after! Not a man forcing down a virtuous lady against the fiber of her being! Rape is not merely about forcing someone to have sex against their will, it’s about robbing a woman of her greatest gift to give to a man."

I didn't realize that rape was a concept. I suppose to her it is, if you're not a virtuous lady. And if rape is mostly about robbing a woman of her hymen which is her "greatest gift", does that mean that a married woman being raped is less important? How about a widow? Or grandma? 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, refugee said:

Apparently, pink has not “always been associated with females.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/278535/

"In the 18th century, it was perfectly masculine for a man to wear a pink silk suit with floral embroidery," says fashion scholar Valerie Steele, director of The Museum at the Fashion Institute Technology and author of several books on fashion.

Steele says pink was initially "considered slightly masculine as a diminutive of red," which was thought to be a "warlike" color.

I believe I read that blue was considered feminine at one time because it was associated with the Blessed Virgin. 

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Rape is not merely about forcing someone to have sex against their will, it’s about robbing a woman of her greatest gift to give to a man."  

Again it's not about what is done to a woman, it's being made into a property crime.  Lori, A Lady of (Total non)Reason and the rest of her leghumpers don't give a damn about trauma to a woman, just how it may affect a man in the future, and her precious market value.  :angry-fire:  

I hate "gender" reveal parties for several reasons.  First they don't reveal a baby's gender which you can't know before birth, but its sex which you can maybe know.  Also two of my granddaughters became orphans at least partly because of their sex.  The older of the two was abandoned at birth not only because she had albinism, but she was a girl and the one-child policy in China was still in effect.  The younger was taken to the orphanage at 3 months because she was deaf.  The fact that she was a girl likely didn't help anything.  

The chef Ming Tsai recently went on a trip to Hunnan province with his father to their ancestral home village.  His father talked about his father or grandfather who has passed the civil service exams and had begun to prosper.   When he had a bit of money, he started taking in baby girls who'd been abandoned.  Exposure of baby girls is a age-old,  worldwide problem. 

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Only because Lori would keep a psychiatrist busy for years. I still don't get that marrying for a paycheck thing...I mean, if you want good $$, get an education and work for that $$. Men are easy come and easy go, but a well paying job (or the ability to get one) is forever. 

Well, why would you do that? That requires actually working and Lori doesn't work. Lori only does what Lori wants to do when Lori wants to do it. She only wants a paycheck so she won't won't have to do anything she doesn't want to do. Lori is lazy. 

10 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Well, why would you do that? That requires actually working and Lori doesn't work. Lori only does what Lori wants to do when Lori wants to do it. She only wants a paycheck so she won't won't have to do anything she doesn't want to do. Lori is lazy. 

Why? Well, I like living in a nice neighborhood, driving a nice car, eating regularly, a/c, water, trash pick up, hot water, cat food. That shit won't happen on just hub's paycheck...no slam on him, he does the best he can with his health issues, but damn, I'm not living broke-ass...tried it, hated it, burned the t-shirt

26 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Why? Well, I like living in a nice neighborhood, driving a nice car, eating regularly, a/c, water, trash pick up, hot water, cat food. That shit won't happen on just hub's paycheck...no slam on him, he does the best he can with his health issues, but damn, I'm not living broke-ass...tried it, hated it, burned the t-shirt

In Lori's world, that's why you marry for money. Lori doesn't work and gets to have all those things. Lori won't have your excuses for working to not live in poverty while she sits on her ass in her million dollar home slabbing her $14 butter on her organic slimy salad. 

16 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

In Lori's world, that's why you marry for money. Lori doesn't work and gets to have all those things. Lori won't have your excuses for working to not live in poverty while she sits on her ass in her million dollar home slabbing her $14 butter on her organic slimy salad. 

Yeah, but my marriage wasn't like hers...a transaction. She gets to sit on her ass and have $$, he gets laid occasionally. Fuck that noise. I've repeatedly said (even to Kenny boy) that his marriage is not one I aspire to. I find it cold, lonely, and in general horrifying. 

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I am developing a serious dislike for A Lady of Reason. She is always the first to comment on every one of Lori's posts and her contributions run from mildly annoying to downright vile. Today she's vile:

"Today though, in hook up culture, the concept of rape, like sex, is cheapened beyond measure, into “he said she said” after a regretted hook up the morning after! Not a man forcing down a virtuous lady against the fiber of her being! Rape is not merely about forcing someone to have sex against their will, it’s about robbing a woman of her greatest gift to give to a man."

I didn't realize that rape was a concept. I suppose to her it is, if you're not a virtuous lady. And if rape is mostly about robbing a woman of her hymen which is her "greatest gift", does that mean that a married woman being raped is less important? How about a widow? Or grandma? 

Oh my God this is horrible. Why the fuck does she need to invalidate other people's rape? No one's cheapening it! Forced sex is rape, plain and simple.

A Lady of Reason needs some sensitivity training. Fuck off, rape isn't suddenly less worse if the person who isn't raped isn't a virgin. We all have inherent value that is never taken away! Seriously, calling virginity a gift and virtuous demeans all people who aren't virgins. It's essentially saying they can never be virtuous and are damaged. Damn purity culture.

6 hours ago, Tigerchild74 said:

That may be true for your state, but it is not true in all.  You can disagree with me all you like, but here are some relevant statutes from some of the states that permit this own websites.  

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/child_care/unlicensed/recdc/index.cgi

http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/religious-exemption

https://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/2736.htm

https://www.childcareservices.org/families/fs/finding/options-and-regulations/

Also of interest (though it's old, and due to notable cases of abuse/murder/neglect exemptions have been disallowed in some since this document was prepared):  http://georgiavoices.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/AG_faith_based_exemptions_063011_FINAL.pdf

I was only referring to our experiences, which were 20+ years ago in Oklahoma.  The school we had our daughter in at least followed state regulations.  I assumed it was because it was regulated, but it is possible that the school followed the regulations by choice.  And now that I've thought about it, the daycare was at a church but it may not have been actually a church-based daycare.  It was possibly a "regular" daycare center that the church rented space to.  But I do know that it was regulated.  We had a couple issues with a specific employee, but not with the daycare itself.  I don't believe that religious exemptions are necessarily right.

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I have heard this before.  It's so wrong, it makes me sick that people still think that way.  But obviously, with what our government did the last few days, it's still a pretty widespread belief.

Virginity is not the greatest gift a women can give a man. It's a one time thing over and done with. Her greatest gift is loving him just as his greatest gift is loving her. 

Also I'm a firm believer that the loss of virginity is willing and can never taken by force. It's an individuals willing choice to give to another person whether they actually see virginity as having any particular meaning or not. A first consensual sexual experience. Some give it special significance, others don't. Rape isn't sex, rape is the forcible violation of an individual by use of power and control. It's completely divorced from consensual sexual experiences. 

Also it's not a victim mentality it's called dealing with trauma. Trust me, rape victims want to be able to hug their husband without feeling fear but struggle because of trauma. But it's not like Lori did any research into trauma before posting. 

4 hours ago, CatholicLite said:

Seriously, calling virginity a gift and virtuous demeans all people who aren't virgins. It's essentially saying they can never be virtuous and are damaged. Damn purity culture.

Since I'm almost certain their assumption is that virgin = never had penetrative sex = intact hymen and there'd damn well better be blood on the wedding night, they're also ignoring female anatomy.  Penetrative sex doesn't have to cause bleeding the first time, and there are plenty of non-sexual ways a hymen can be torn.  If virginity and virtue are wrapped up in an intact hymen, then I've been a filthy whore since age 6 - not because of any abuse, but because of a fall on the playground.  I was a child, playing like children do, had no idea what sex was, and certainly didn't give away a piece of my heart to the jungle gym that day, but as far as the Lady of (un)Reason is concerned, my life as a valuable piece of property was over.

5 hours ago, CatholicLite said:

Damn purity culture.

Yep. I hate referring to women who haven't had sex as pure, as though sex makes you impure. It does not. This dichotomy is not applied to men. Purity culture gives women hangups that render many of them unable to enjoy sex even if they are married. Who wants to be impure? Terrible mind fuck, purity culture. Tampon use, certain sports, lots of different things can rupture a hymen.

Yep. I hate referring to women who haven't had sex as pure, as though sex makes you impure. It does not. This dichotomy is not applied to men. Purity culture gives women hangups that render many of them unable to enjoy sex even if they are married. Who wants to be impure? Terrible mind fuck, purity culture. Tampon use, certain sports, lots of different things can rupture a hymen.
Still struggling with this. I internalized all that shit. The bf and I are going to see a sex therapist soon.

8 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

Since I'm almost certain their assumption is that virgin = never had penetrative sex = intact hymen and there'd damn well better be blood on the wedding night, they're also ignoring female anatomy.  Penetrative sex doesn't have to cause bleeding the first time, and there are plenty of non-sexual ways a hymen can be torn.  

But the hymen test is Old Testament Biblical. You'd think that God would have known that, and wouldn't have commanded that a young bride's life would hang in the balance of such an unreliable test.  Of course her penalty for not being a 'virgin' was death, and if the accusation was 'proven' false the new husband only had to pay a fine and was never allowed to divorce her. It's almost like the Bible was written by controlling men, or something...

Lori is promoting $33 face cream to the fangirls today on IG.  with careful shopping $33 could buy a bag of groceries for these women who might not know where their next meal is coming from. 

I wonder what advice the GM would give to Connie, from Smockity Frocks who just announced she left her abusive husband two years ago with her 8 children.  She took a public school teaching job and enrolled her school age children in school....I mean, good thing she had that degree so she wasn't stuck with her douchebag of a husband.

I did a copy and paste so that I didn't capture the writer's name.  This page has truly transformed me and my family. I realized I had to change and that I am not to be in charge. Thank you! So much more peace. It's much easier to be a mindless follower than a thinking leader or partner working toward a goal.  Then when things go wrong you throw up your hands and say "I was following God's perfect plan and allowing my headship to guide us."  

I'm not as bothered by the content of her sexual assault post today as I am by the fact that she is USING her sexual assault post to draw further attention to her VIRAL post!

The mirror always points back to LORI.  When does the mirror shine back the image and reflection of JESUS CHRIST in her writings, so that HE gets the glory for healing the abused and oppressed?

No, we only see links to HER viral post and then get to hear about how offensive HER viral post was to survivors of sexual assault (though I am quite sure it was offensive to most of the real Church of Jesus Christ, who saw it for the religious and self-righteous, sanctimonious SHIT-PILE that it was/is!).

As a survivor of sexual assault numerous times during my past (including early childhood), I wish she would showcase JESUS CHRIST in any writings about this topic.  There is healing. Complete healing. Through Jesus Christ.  She briefly touches on this when stating that old things are passed away, and the woman in Christ is a new creation. She encourages women to know who they are in Christ.  But she doesn't tell them HOW, and she doesn't tell them that Jesus Christ heals completely.  She doesn't guide them in how to obtain this healing FROM Him in practical ways.

Instead, she quotes women she interviewed from her chat room.  A place where I have personally read horror stories from wives who are being HURT physically by their own "Christian" husbands during sex IN MARRIAGE. These women have cried out for help from Lori and been told, in my words, something akin to, "Suck it up, Buttercup - sex is your DUTY!"  I have private messaged too many of these women and comforted them through the horrible advice given in the "chat room."  So I cannot really be impressed by anything Lori is now writing about sexual abuse, until I see her publicly repent (in writing) to the women she's told that they "must keep having sex" with their evil and abusive husbands.  God, I wish I had saved all those conversations.  The thought of this makes me feel slightly ill.

No, Lori.  You have no business writing a piece on sexual abuse and assault.  You have not exercised righteous judgement from the Spirit of God when counseling women who have been sexually abused.  A couple of bible verses about identity in Christ is not enough: it's not ministry in the fullness of Jesus Christ.

Get trained in ministering to these women and then I might receive something you've written. Until then, I pray for the 80,000 or so women in your church (yes, it is an online CHURCH Lori pastors).  I pray they have discernment from the Spirit of God. I pray they find real healing in Christ if they have been abused sexually or otherwise.

Yes, I am offended at Lori's writings. Just like Jesus was offended when He went into the temple and turned over tables WITH A WHIP!  That's called RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION, and it is HOLY and right: it is to be every Christian's response to religious garbage being spewed from pulpits.

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Alyssa is guest blogging about hypothyroidism today. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean, but she writes like she thinks she's a doctor. Her advice is questionable. Eliminate toxins? Like if your thyroid is ok, it's fine to have toxins in your body?

OMG...I have nothing personally against Alyssa....but I hate HATE when people play doctor.  I work in health care and everything she is talking about is the realm of trained medical professionals. Not someone who took an 8 month course....THIS IS SO WRONG

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

Alyssa is guest blogging about hypothyroidism today. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean, but she writes like she thinks she's a doctor. Her advice is questionable. Eliminate toxins? Like if your thyroid is ok, it's fine to have toxins in your body?

http://www.whatthefertility.com/the-thyroid-fertility-connection/

Alyssa's post is cringe-worthy. She's trying too hard to be an expert and scrambling actual facts in with woo garbage. 

"Gluten is like the Devil to your thyroid gland. Besides the fact that gluten is a gateway to leaky gut and other autoimmune conditions, thyroid hormones and gluten molecules look very similar.  Gluten sensitivity can exacerbate an attack on the thyroid and in return Hashimoto’s can set up gluten sensitivity." 

My osteopathic ENT who's been practicing for more than 30 years and used to be a doc for the aerospace program never mentioned these "facts" to me when we discussed my thyroid last week. While cutting back on gluten may not be a bad idea, making sweeping statements about the health of others is dangerous. Alyssa is certainly a chip off the old block.

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

with careful shopping $33 could buy a bag of groceries

Or a cart of groceries at Aldi! Lori Alexander is a pampered extravagant heifer who has nothing in common with her fangirls.

Alyssa's post is cringe-worthy. She's trying too hard to be an expert and scrambling actual facts in with woo garbage. 

"Gluten is like the Devil to your thyroid gland. Besides the fact that gluten is a gateway to leaky gut and other autoimmune conditions, thyroid hormones and gluten molecules look very similar.  Gluten sensitivity can exacerbate an attack on the thyroid and in return Hashimoto’s can set up gluten sensitivity." 

My osteopathic ENT who's been practicing for more than 30 years and used to be a doc for the aerospace program never mentioned these "facts" to me when we discussed my thyroid last week. While cutting back on gluten may not be a bad idea, making sweeping statements about the health of others is dangerous. Alyssa is certainly a chip off the old block.

This is badly communicated and half-truth.

I have hashimoto's and am gluten free because the MD I worked for told me that eating gluten increases thyroid antibodies. She did mention that most endocrinologist/MDs do not teach this or think about it, so it's unsurprising if no other MD has mentioned it to you. I don't think gluten is the devil though! Just not good for me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived