IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I can't see the todoring (lol) thing going well with no college education. One, if you're going to tutor you should you get a certificate and training. Two, what parent is going to send their child to an adult tutor who doesn't have a college degree? I probably wouldn't but maybe I'm just prejudice. 

Lori, stop encouraging women to join MLM schemes. We all know that's what you mean by sell things from home. My Facebook feed is already full of enough people using family tragedies and illnesses (true story) to sell plexus. It's not stable income and extremely hard to do if they can't afford Internet and do not have a social network large enough and sympathetic enough to prey on. If  any of y'all are part of MLMs I'm sorry for my harshness but damn do they annoy me. 

I agree with you regarding tutoring. A friend of mine up until this past spring did online tutoring from home. She has a degree and previous experience as an on campus tutor and she has certificates as well.  My friend has a child and she would have her MIL or neighbor go in to babysit while she was upstairs doing tutoring sessions. 

MLMs have pissed off too many people in recent years because of social media. Years ago, there were women who sold Avon, Tupperware, and other MLM products as side gigs. These days too many MLMs have popped up. I've been following the Shanann Watts murder case and there is a lot of speculation that her dealings with the company Thrive led to increased debt.  I looked through her Instagram page and she was constantly mentioning how the Thrive caffeine patches were helping with lupus. 

There are some legitimate work from home jobs that some of Lori's fangirls could do like customer service via phone or chat. But, they wouldn't meet some of the requirements. At home customer service jobs require set hours/shifts and there is always a chance that shifts can change and you have to have a work space set up away from distractions and some companies require that you show proof of childcare if you have very young children at home. There are other work from home positions that require college degrees. If some of Lori's fangirls don't have degrees then they don't really have a chance.

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

MLMs have pissed off too many people in recent years because of social media. Years ago, there were women who sold Avon, Tupperware, and other MLM products as side gigs. These days too many MLMs have popped up. I've been following the Shanann Watts murder case and there is a lot of speculation that her dealings with the company Thrive led to increased debt.  I looked through her Instagram page and she was constantly mentioning how the Thrive caffeine patches were helping with lupus. 

This is true. I totally forgot Avon because I just don't see it anymore. But my great grandma sold it for well over 25 years and did really pretty well for herself, one of the top sellers in the state. But she had some very loyal customers. I don't believe she ever used social media. I don't find beauty brands as annoying because I don't feel like they make as many potentially dangerous claims to "cure" things. Thrive and plexus are huge around here. I think I knew like four people who sold thrive in my student apartment complex. It was so annoying. 

4 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

This is true. I totally forgot Avon because I just don't see it anymore. But my great grandma sold it for well over 25 years and did really pretty well for herself, one of the top sellers in the state. But she had some very loyal customers. I don't believe she ever used social media. I don't find beauty brands as annoying because I don't feel like they make as many potentially dangerous claims to "cure" things. Thrive and plexus are huge around here. I think I knew like four people who sold thrive in my student apartment complex. It was so annoying. 

My mom orders Avon products online. She has given me a few moisturizers which are decent products. A lot of people are ok with Avon and Mary Kay because of their long histories. But, recently that MLM cosmetics company Younique has come under fire from people saying that makeup sucks and that mascara products fall apart right away. I know a woman who changes up MLMs every so often. A few months last year she was pushing Younique on Facebook. I looked at the site the products are expensive compared to brands sold in stores.  That woman stopped shilling Younique and moved onto a company called Lanie Day which seems to be a very cheap alternative to Lularoe.

It Works! was a MLM that several people I know got involved in. They were making $20K a month plus.  They all quit their regular jobs. The bubble burst. They're all back to bedside nursing. Why don't they realize MLMs are not long-term sustainable.

3 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

My mom orders Avon products online. She has given me a few moisturizers which are decent products. A lot of people are ok with Avon and Mary Kay because of their long histories. But, recently that MLM cosmetics company Younique has come under fire from people saying that makeup sucks and that mascara products fall apart right away. I know a woman who changes up MLMs every so often. A few months last year she was pushing Younique on Facebook. I looked at the site the products are expensive compared to brands sold in stores.  That woman stopped shilling Younique and moved onto a company called Lanie Day which seems to be a very cheap alternative to Lularoe.

Avon was my starter makeup because they had a teen/ young adult line called Mark, I actually use a Mark makeup bag for my everyday makeup lol. I've heard of younique and seen pictures of women wearing the makeup, 85 percent of the time it looks like it's very poor quality and settles into fine lines and wrinkles. Avon is probably better quality than that stuff. 

But I just checked out their website and fuck no. There is no way that I am paying $52 for an eyeshadow palette that doesn't even look good on the models' eyes on the official website. All of it just looks patchy and dull. That price range is higher than ABH modern Renaissance, one of the most popular mid-range palletes that I've seen. And the modern renaissance has twice as many shadows. Sorry, I'm geeking out about makeup right now. They supposedly support women's shelters and such, well I'll just take my 5 dollar wetnwild eyeshadows and give the difference to charities. 

3 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

HEY LORI how about phone sex!!!???

education not required and you can work from home.  RIGHT??????  

I've been told I have a sexy phone voice and I'm home full time. New career!! Do they even have 900 numbers anymore? I remember watching a talk show in the 90's about 900 number workers and a surprising amount were men pretending to be women.

When we were in college, one of the neighbors in my husband's apartment building was a phone sex operator. She said she usually did her nails and paid her bills while she was working.

I have a couple high school classmates into MLM. One has done really well for herself (she's earned two cars), and she is in the process of repackaging the skills she learned with Thrive into a whole other career. I've been happy for her, because she clearly works hard and is making the most of her opportunity. My other classmate friended a whole lot of us at once solely for the purpose of Plexus marketing. At least she pronounces "microbiome" correctly.

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I've been told I have a sexy phone voice and I'm home full time. New career!! Do they even have 900 numbers anymore? I remember watching a talk show in the 90's about 900 number workers and a surprising amount were men pretending to be women.

I don't know about 900 numbers, but I have seen ads for LiveLInks and such on TV fairly recently.  There aren't as many as there used to be, but they're still around.

13 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Check out "The Pink Truth".

I've looked through that site in the past. I know a few older woman who despite the Mary Kay crap are still loyal customers. 

3 hours ago, molecule said:

she's earned two cars

Those cars are leased and if quotas aren't reached the company stops paying. Performative prosperity but not real.

9 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I've looked through that site in the past. I know a few older woman who despite the Mary Kay crap are still loyal customers. 

Oh I'm sure, people get into habits with their beauty products.  If I remember correctly, MK products can be orders directly online, like Avon. This is better than going through an exploited distributor, if you ask me. Mary Kay is really pretty bad, but all that pink blinds people I guess.

3 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

I just read an interesting post about one of Lori's favorite cure-alls, Black Salve.  FYI, graphic photos are in the post so be forewarned.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/withoutacrystalball/2018/09/12498/

OMG that is awful! But that explains a LOT! So on one of Lori's posts she showed something wrong with her elbow and she (of course) used black salve and touted it's awesomeness. In the pictures we all commented on the black horrible scab. Now I know it is called an "eschars".

I wonder what Lori's elbow scar looks like.

On 9/20/2018 at 4:37 PM, kmachete14 said:

saw this on facebook and it made me think of Lori

42212368_2427582260596104_2700746487368777728_n.jpg

Don't forget the dreaded Dihydrogen Monoxide(aka water).

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

In case any of you are wondering about the "wonders" of black salve (and the damage Lori did to herself with it):

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/11/wonders-of-black-salve.html

The pictures are HORRIFIC, and she added some of something new she "treated" in May 2018.

Wait, in that post she said she got Vaseline at the health food store so it wouldn't have petrochemicals in it.

Isn't Vaseline by description petrochemical? It's been a long time since chemistry class, but... 

23 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Isn't Vaseline by description petrochemical?

Yes, it's petroleum jelly! Lori Alexander is as dumb as a box of rocks.

I honestly cannot snark on today's post.

It's either made up (totally likely/possible) or the woman is so sad and beaten down.

Honestly though, this is what makes me think it's made up:

957026981_ScreenShot2018-09-21at5_33_13PM.png.5ca6ebab83c7d73d57a8413ca2056a60.png

Hmmm...just where does one find a willing, godly older woman?

49 minutes ago, Koala said:

n case any of you are wondering about the "wonders" of black salve (and the damage Lori did to herself with it):

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/11/wonders-of-black-salve.html

The pictures are HORRIFIC, and she added some of something new she "treated" in May 2018.

I want to know how she's getting all these sores all over her body???   Growing up I had a few boils/sores on my knees from skinning them and getting dirt into cuts, etc.  and each of my kids maybe had one each growing up for the same reason, but how is she getting a sore on her neck and elbow.  WTF

Those black salve photos are horrific. Wouldn't a dermatologist have simply removed the problem spots for her, with far less pain and much faster healing time? I just don't understand the aversion to board-certified medical professionals.

Regarding Mary Kay, I'm one of those older women who still use it. Well, just one item, an eye shadow in a very soft, natural shade I can't find anywhere else, in any other brand. Nothing else looks quite right on my pale, wan, weird skin. Mary Kay doesn't even make it any more, I had to order it from eBay a couple years ago from someone who was selling new old stock. I've got one 'new' one left, so when it's gone, I'm out of luck. I'm on the verge of giving up on eye makeup, though, so by the time it's gone, I probably won't care anymore. LOL. I never cared for any of the rest of Mary Kay's products, though; I only bought the eye shadow to help out a friend, and then found that I loved it.

I've always liked Avon products, ever since my mom sold it when I was very young. Don't know much about their business model, but at least most of their basic products are fairly decent and not too expensive. Haven't bought anything from them in years, though.

Avon is OK by me, reps take a straight percentage of whatever they sell and don't need to stockpile product, unlike MK. They also don't need to recruit to make a decent amount. Product changes harm MK reps since they must buy inventory and are left with outdated items and lose customers whose favorite items are discontinued, like in Loveday's case.

29 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Avon is OK by me, reps take a straight percentage of whatever they sell and don't need to stockpile product, unlike MK. They also don't need to recruit to make a decent amount. Product changes harm MK reps since they must buy inventory and are left with outdated items and lose customers whose favorite items are discontinued, like in Loveday's case.

Well, I'm embarrassed to say I started using that eyeshadow 25 years ago... :embarrassed:  :laughing-rolling:  (I promise it doesn't make me look like I'm stuck in 1993, though! And NO green eyeliner! :pb_lol: )

40 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I want to know how she's getting all these sores all over her body???   Growing up I had a few boils/sores on my knees from skinning them and getting dirt into cuts, etc.  and each of my kids maybe had one each growing up for the same reason, but how is she getting a sore on her neck and elbow.  WTF

It's sun damage. She's admitted as much herself. She probably fried herself as a teen while using baby oil and SPF 0 Coppertone, like I and so many of my friends did during the same era. And she says she doesn't use sunscreen even now, it causes cancer, dontcha know. :blink:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived