IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gideon was born in February. I believe both Elijah and Jessa posted (on Insta) from Colorado when they were there. It was still snowing in March.

Etiquacy is not a word, right? I've literally never heard it before and Austin said it at least three times. 

Is this just someone trying to sound smarter than they are, or is my vocabulary smaller than I thought?

3 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I have visions of JimBob carrying Josie down the aisle at her wedding. Isn't she almost 9 or 10? 

Josie will turn 9 on December 10th. Her birthday is the only Duggar birthday I have memorized. :roll:

6 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

They’re airing two episodes tonight. I just went on the TLC app and watched the sex reveal party that @Buzzard recapped and then watched the episode with Josiah & Lauren’s bachelor/bachelorette party and Garrett’s birth. 

Oh, thanks! I was so confused

@Buzzardcan you recap the second ep as well, please?

2 hours ago, TZmom said:

Etiquacy is not a word, right? I've literally never heard it before and Austin said it at least three times. 

Is this just someone trying to sound smarter than they are, or is my vocabulary smaller than I thought?

The only place I've seen it listed as a word is in Urban Dictionary.  Supposedly it's something like a Latin derivative of the word etiquette.  But according to Yahoo Answers, it's not a real word.  I'd agree with Yahoo Answers on this one.

On 9/17/2018 at 3:47 PM, Buzzard said:

San Antonio

Jin/Jer arrive at “amazing baby” to have an ultrasound.  There’s a sign with a psalm on the wall (guess they aren’t seeing an OB… WTF)  They seem amazed as they see her and say how incredible it is. 

Jeremy TH – this was my first time being in an ultrasound and its astonishing that it’s my child.  I’m at a loss for words. 

Jinger – It was amazing seeing her little face, the profile, it made it seem so real.

This is way late, but I'll add some context. Amazing baby is a 3D/4D ultrasound place that does elective gender scans and early ultrasounds, I don't think it accepts insurance. I do know they'll make magnets of your 3D sonogram images to give to your friends, who then are stuck with it on their fridge.

FWIW, my doctor in San Antonio didn't see any need to do an ultrasound until 18 weeks, which may be why JinJer went if Alisa felt the same way. My west coast doctor had a different approach where she wanted information earlier and scheduled me at week 13, but explained it was probably due a high patient volume without insurance to cover extra scans.

Thank you for writing the recaps :)

1 hour ago, cascarones said:

This is way late, but I'll add some context. Amazing baby is a 3D/4D ultrasound place that does elective gender scans and early ultrasounds, I don't think it accepts insurance. I do know they'll make magnets of your 3D sonogram images to give to your friends, who then are stuck with it on their fridge.

FWIW, my doctor in San Antonio didn't see any need to do an ultrasound until 18 weeks, which may be why JinJer went if Alisa felt the same way. My west coast doctor had a different approach where she wanted information earlier and scheduled me at week 13, but explained it was probably due a high patient volume without insurance to cover extra scans.

Thank you for writing the recaps :)

Who keeps a magnet of somebody else’s sonogram on their fridge? That’s just weird. 

1 minute ago, Iamtheway said:

Who keeps a magnet of somebody else’s sonogram on their fridge? That’s just weird. 

I mean, what else was I supposed to do with it? It's weird, but tossing it when those friends were constantly over would have made me look like an asshole. The weirder question is why they gave everyone magnets in the first place? They also carved a fetus pumpkin, which was even stranger. 

7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Oh, thanks! I was so confused

@Buzzardcan you recap the second ep as well, please?

Yeah, I'll post it in a bit.  I didnt see it available in the app until very early this morning

Timeline & the Jinger's shower: If no one knew the sex of the baby until the day before, how did Margarita manage to pull off such a PINK baby shower in 24 hours?

7 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Timeline & the Jinger's shower: If no one knew the sex of the baby until the day before, how did Margarita manage to pull off such a PINK baby shower in 24 hours?

Yes!! I thought the exact same thing. It wasn't just very very pink, they had customised pink "Jinger's babyshower" water bottles and gift bags and a huge pink ballerina cake. You can't order all of that the day before.

6 minutes ago, DawkinsFanGirl said:

Yes!! I thought the exact same thing. It wasn't just very very pink, they had customised pink "Jinger's babyshower" water bottles and gift bags and a huge pink ballerina cake. You can't order all of that the day before.

Well, I assume Jeremy told her...

I can't remember if it was here or on Reddit, but someone mentioned the crucifix above Margarita's door and how they were shocked Jeremy and Jinger had Catholic friends (agree!).

I'm someone who grew up without religion in my immediate family, but extended family and the majority of my friends were all Catholic. It got me thinking that I never realized the crucifix isn't heavily represented in the IFB/Evangelical Christian faith we see most often here.

I know the fundies believe Jesus died for their sins. I'm hoping someone better versed in religion than I am can explain why the crucifix is specifically Catholic? :text-thankyouyellow:

Episode 11

Kendra Has a Baby

J”austin’s house

Joy wears Austin and they cook.  He’s wearing an adorable football hat as Joy cuts up apples.  Joy remarks that the baby “sleeps good” but still wakes up a couple times in the middle of the night.  It’s good and she loves it.

They are going to Jessa and Ben’s to join Joken for a “honeymoon inspired” pot luck.  They will each bring something inspired by where they went.  J’austin are making chocolate fondue because they went to Switzerland.   Benessa are making fettuccine alfredo, JoKen are bringing Greek salad (that they didn’t like so I’m confused).

Flashbacks to the honeymoon and chocolate making class and the CHEESE fondue they sampled.  

They decided to do chocolate fondue because no one was bringing a dessert.  Austin remarks that he will know which fondue stick is his because they’re color coded.  He’s a germophobe and needs to lay ground rules about double dipping and you can’t eat the fruit directly off the skewer.

Joy tries it and Austin tells her that she violated the rules by eating off the skewer.

Jinger – double dipping makes her sick

Ben  – Double dipping is an excellent way to spread illnesses.

Joy eats another strawberry and Austin tells her that she’s doing it wrong again. (I’m very nervous about eating hot things directly over the baby, but I guess he’s wearing a hat so…)

Producer: Who is the most likely to double dip

Josie is the front runner.  Austin “I intend to be the fondue gestapo and make sure no one double dips.” (I’ll just leave that there).

BENESSA’S HOUSE

They discuss using a table cloth.  They are making fettuccine alfredo (ben rolls his R).  Jessa burns the chicken while Ben puts the table cloth on.  Jessa sets the table and talks about how Henry is in “destruction mode.” They appear to be using real plates.

Flashback to their honeymoon and the cooking class.  They made the pasta then, now they’re using a box.  They will make their own sauce using Michelle’s recipe. They discuss Michelle’s lack of instructions.  Ben wants a detailed recipe, not “to taste.” 

Jessa – I don’t have recipes, I use the box.  When we have a nice meal with lots of ingredients its ben in the kitchen.

COMMERCIAL

(Homechef has an ad with a woman with WAY too much makeup on)

homechef.thumb.jpg.bef3a065cefc0c61f9062807f653df3a.jpg

We are reminded what is happening tonight.  The food isn’t ready because of the kids, of course.  Ben explains that the kids distract (henry pulls on the table cloth and Jessa goes after him).  They’re using real plates and glasses!

Henry pulls on the table cloth again.

JoKen arrive (through a side door) and bring the Greek Salad.  J’astin arrive shortly after.  They all immediately sit.

Flashbacks to Greece honeymoon.

Joe and Kendra discuss the confusing Greek salad and the lack of lettuce.

Austin thinks theres something “funny” because salad should have lettuce.  Jessa is SHOCKED because it always has lettuce.

Autin – I’m not good at a mult cultural “eticacy” (WTF)

Jessa – the best interaction we have is when people are at our house. 

THERE IS NO SIGN OF BENESSA’S KIDS – SO, IS JANA HIDING IN THE BACKGROUND?

Ben – you don’t want to be coworkers raising kids together, you want to be together like we were before kids.

Austin – the different stages with the kids are pretty dramatic right now.

Jessa – fast forward a decade and we’ll have a ton of teenage cousins hanging out.

They discuss whether Gideon is sleeping.  Its great to prepare Joken.

Out comes the fondue.  Kendra reminds us that she’s due any minute now.  She’s nervous about labor.

Austin – In Switzerland we have “etticacy rules” – no double dipping, no eating off the skewer.

Ben likes the rules because he’s a germophobe. 

They discuss how awful it was not having a chaperone because they only had selfies. 

Joy DGAF about the fondue rules and eats a banana straight off her skewer.  No one reacts.

fondue.thumb.jpg.d9dfe079257f1fd6356391d092b28dba.jpg

Then she eats a strawberry right off it.  She gets busted eating a banana and Austin says “babe, that’s a no no.”

Producer calls her out and she denies it.

Austin pronounces that this will be a yearly tradition.  They speculate where Josiah and Lauren are going.  Lauren wants Austria because the Sound of Music is her favorite movie (theres a lot of Nazi references this episode).

COMMERCIAL

TTH

They load huge ass bales of Hay to build a human foosball court for the backelor/ette party.  The wedding is “right around the corner.”  They are ready to get married.

Jana – they decided to have a joint party.  All the siblings did that…

Flashbacks to all the other parties (except Jill, Josh, and Jingers)

There are 2 teams, blue and orange.  Lauren and Josiah are on different teams.

Josiah says that foosball was a big thing growing up.  You have to keep your hand on the pole and cant switch around

The whole thing seems pretty dumb, just play soccer.

foosball.thumb.jpg.46dcf13c4b896fa879e05ffefd5edd2a.jpg

Lauren and Josiah were the goalies.

Jeremy – I would be into playing. I hope I’d be good at that but its different than soccer.

The J’kids say that this is mostly about kicking eachother in the shins.  Theres a possibility of an injury.  Austin is concerned about knocking a tooth out.

Josiah, its concerning because you can’t let go and block your face.

Blue team wins.  Lauren remarks that her team didn’t win, but she cheered for siah, of course.  HUH?

COMMERCIAL

JOKEN’S HOUSE

6/7

Kendra has contractions and her mom comes to help her “help.”  She has a lot of jewelry on for someone about to head to a hospital.

Kendra thinks she’s in active labor, not pre labor.  The contractions are consistent.  They discuss breathing and her mom reads the counts from a book.  Joe is anxious to see the baby and nervous seeing Kendra in pain.

Kendra explains that the book is patterns for breathing

book.thumb.jpg.8d5f0888f29be867852e282ef4984762.jpg

Joe tells Kendra to breathe through the contraction and counts on her stomach for her.  She thinks they’re a 6 out of 10.

Mom explains that she’s afraid Kendra will hold her breath and pass out if the pain is too bad.  She’s had to work on that in childhood when she hurt herself. They all discuss that they are concerned about getting her attention and reminding her to breathe but she has a history of passing out.

Kendra walks around the house.

They tell her to lay down and get some sleep.  If it ramps up they’ll call mom and time the contractions and maybe then go to the hospital.  Joe explains that she had to stand to be comfortable.

6/8 2 am

They discuss packing up, getting the chargers etc and heading to the hospital.

Joy – You just have to experience labor. I had watched videos but I didn’t understand it until I did it.

They’re 20 minutes away and Kendra counts.

Jessa – labor stories scare you.  My advice is, it could be difficult and you need to be aware of that.  Don’t dwell on that.

The contractions are 2 minutes apart – Ominous music plays.

They get to the hospital and PARK (why didn’t they drop her off???)

COMMERCIAL

6/8 9:45 AM

She’s been admitted and has an IV.  She still has water.  They show print outs of the contractions.

Joe makes her laugh by playing with the birthing thingy

laugh.thumb.jpg.d1425ddf7ab5ef29677b1de361ca4b84.jpg

Both of her parents are now in the room. Dad wasn’t planning on being there but he was bringing them food.  They had a good time in between the contractions, but then that time ended as they got closer.

TTH

Jessa gathers the littles to make cookies.  She has a recipe with exact measurements (despite what she said earlier)

441672472_oatmealcookies.thumb.jpg.7124478ca423c53a324a93032ca90bed.jpg

Jana is sitting by the piano eating.

They’re going to make welcome home banners and treats for Joken.

The phone rings, its lauren (kendras sister).  She gives pretty explicit details, contractions slowed and the dr is going to break the water.

Jessa explains that sometimes things speed up and slow down.  Its normal.

Cookies go in the oven and they color banners, because that’s a family tradition.

I’m confused at the timeline (again) because they show them making the banners and cookies at the TTH, but the TH supposedly in the middle of this is in Jessa’s kitchen.  She says they’re “doing the waiting game right now..”  but I’m guessing this was filmed either before or after

kitchen.thumb.jpg.5f5ab754ea63ee2f28f6a903e9f31179.jpg

Back at the hospital, Kendra labors in the chair and Joe counts for her

chairlabor.thumb.jpg.b6fd71d245b3764a057a8c4aaf5b5100.jpg

She was 8 cm and her water hadn’t broken.  The dr came and broke her water.  Things sped up then and she wants to get in the bed.

At joken’s house Jessa and littles bring cookies and banners.  They then head back to the “big house”

At the hospital she’s in the bed and says she was at a 9 for an hour.  They give her O2.

They remind her to breathe.

Finally, he’s born.  Joe holds her hand and he’s put on her chest (but not on her skin because she seems to be wearing 2 hospital gowns).

Finally he cries and they clean him up.  Joe holds him.

Married kids offer advice on life going forward.

TTH

Jessa – it doesn’t matter how many babies are added, every one is special.

Joken walk in holding the baby and announce the name and that he is named for Joe’s grandpa.  It’s a “strong name for a strong leader.”  Jana hold him and says he doesn’t look much like a Duggar.

Next time!

Josiah and Lauren get married

There is a hint of another “budding romance” at this wedding. 

THANK RUFUS WE HAVE REACHED THE END!

OMG this is a two hour show. THE TORTURE! I know I'm old, my last baby was born in 2001. But these damn gender reveals. This is ridiculous. They fly the whole family just to find out the gender?! We just called people. My sis in law just texted me when she found out. And when you have 70 bzillion grandkids, do you really care what the sex is? Really,  in your heart of hearts? *changes subject* Jeremy going to town on that pump had me all like ??

Can I just say how tasteless it is that every time they tease another Duggar love interest (this time its John David at Josiah's wedding) they scan over Jana like it might be her. Its not Jana. We all know its not Jana.  

41 minutes ago, PigtailHeadband said:

I know the fundies believe Jesus died for their sins. I'm hoping someone better versed in religion than I am can explain why the crucifix is specifically Catholic? :text-thankyouyellow:

I believe, and anyone more Catholic than I am can correct me if I am wrong, that Catholics tend to be the only ones who have Jesus hanging on the cross. I know the crucifixes in my home always had a dying or dead in agony Jesus on them. Makes for a great thing to look at as you are going to sleep.

43 minutes ago, PigtailHeadband said:

I can't remember if it was here or on Reddit, but someone mentioned the crucifix above Margarita's door and how they were shocked Jeremy and Jinger had Catholic friends (agree!).

I'm someone who grew up without religion in my immediate family, but extended family and the majority of my friends were all Catholic. It got me thinking that I never realized the crucifix isn't heavily represented in the IFB/Evangelical Christian faith we see most often here.

I think it's in how they look at what's the most important part of the crucifixion story: in the Catholic faith, it is that a sinless Jesus suffered and died for your sins and that's where the focus is and should be.  In the more Protestant faiths, the important part of the story is the resurrection of Jesus and him rising again from the grave.  Most non-Catholic Christians who display or wear a cross, will have that cross be without Jesus on it.  Because Jesus conquered death and rose again, he is no longer on the cross, whereas in the Catholic faith, it is more about remembering that he died for your sins.  

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I believe, and anyone more Catholic than I am can correct me if I am wrong, that Catholics tend to be the only ones who have Jesus hanging on the cross. I know the crucifixes in my home always had a dying or dead in agony Jesus on them. Makes for a great thing to look at as you are going to sleep.

I thnk so too, but a lot of times I think something is Catholic only and then find out that other denominations do it too. 

52 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

theres a lot of Nazi references this episode)

Is it wrong that this made me laugh for a ridiculously long time? 

14 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I have visions of JimBob carrying Josie down the aisle at her wedding. Isn't she almost 9 or 10? 

10 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Josie will turn 9 on December 10th. Her birthday is the only Duggar birthday I have memorized. :roll:

ACK! A Duggar and one of the Four share a birthday!

3 hours ago, Irishy said:

Etiquacy??? SOTDRT is showing.

WTAF is Etiquacy? Definitely SOTDRT.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I believe, and anyone more Catholic than I am can correct me if I am wrong, that Catholics tend to be the only ones who have Jesus hanging on the cross.

It's ONLY a crucifix if it has the corpus on it, and usually, I'd say nearly always, it's a Catholic thing.. I do know people who aren't Catholic who wear a crucifix, but I just put it down to religious appropriation.

If there's no corpus, it's a CROSS. Corpus? CRUCIFIX.

Oh, and can I say how BORING these people are? I thought, I haven't watched this in a long time, so I'll give it a try. I was so bored I went to bed.

I know understand why I like  Joy & Austin, she gives no fucks what he thinks and does her thing, while he just looks at her.  I'm getting it now, Joy and Austin are my husband and I 23 years ago, while I was older and more educated, and all that, Joy is very blunt and matter of fact as am I, Austin is goofy but uptight, too uptight (as is my husband) and he needs to lighten up, so Joy is just obnoxious around him because she can be.  I still do this to my husband, he calls me a pain in the ass and I laugh and say "you love me" and he smiles and says "yeah I do".

I laughed way to hard at "fondue gestapo"

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I know understand why I like  Joy & Austin, she gives no fucks what he thinks and does her thing, while he just looks at her.  I'm getting it now, Joy and Austin are my husband and I 23 years ago, while I was older and more educated, and all that, Joy is very blunt and matter of fact as am I, Austin is goofy but uptight, too uptight (as is my husband) and he needs to lighten up, so Joy is just obnoxious around him because she can be.  I still do this to my husband, he calls me a pain in the ass and I laugh and say "you love me" and he smiles and says "yeah I do".

I laughed way to hard at "fondue gestapo"

who doesn't deserve a man like that...and i mean that in the best possible way - ie you and your husband 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

J”austin’s house

Joy wears Austin and they cook.  He’s wearing an adorable football hat as Joy cuts up apple.

Great recap, but this made me laugh so hard!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived