IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

Maybe Jinger is just sick of people analyzing her every move and tries to contain herself in public more than she used to. 

Also, birthing center. Probably a very vulnerable situation, topic, very intimidating infos for a first time mom who -unlike some of her sisters- does not seem to be into the whole birthing circus stuff. She's nervous about having to push a living human being out of her body. 

I don't see anything wrong with how Jinger behaves nowadays and who am I to judge anyways. You do you Jinger. 

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh ok. Fair is fair then.Jill can do Jill and Ben can do Ben and Michelle can do Michelle and Josh can do.. whoever and let’s just Close up FJ!  

As an adult She agreed to have herself put in public so she just has to deal. 

18 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I think the stiff formalness is them trying to be the "Ken and Barbie" of fundie land. 

The position of fundie "Ken and Barbie" has already been filled. Maybe Jinger and Jeremy can be the John Lennon and Yoko Ono of fundie-dom? :my_biggrin: 

I present, Fundie Ken and Fundie Barbie:

Spoiler

20180919_163725.thumb.jpg.04de8f34cecea6ad3fc29cffdb6c06ef.jpg

a.k.a. David and Priscilla Waller.

a.k.a. "Wow! They sure look like brother and sister!"

3 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Jinger definitely has a personality but she’s also more submissive especially around dominant types like Jessa and Jeremy. 

To me, she’s also master of deflection and image control. Watching her compared to, say Jill, you’ll notice how she positions herself, changes topics or anticipates and corrects certain things. She’s not dominant, but she’s very self-aware and perceptive. 

I feel like Jinger might be one of those people’s thats so smooth and amicable, you won’t even realize how they’re manipulating things sometimes (I won’t mean manipulate in a negative way, just adjusting outcome)

Just see that scene before and after the piano delivery. She goes from being the perfect wife to being the perfect daughter in the matter of seconds.  She has her life down pat to a tee when to react and when not 

9 hours ago, bananabread said:

A husband like Ben or Joe may have eventually coaxed Jinger out of her shell, and been thoughtful and selfless enough to encourage her to reach her true potential. Unfortunately I think Jeremy, for the most part, likes Jinger right where she is.

I agreed with everything in your post except this part. It pains me to defend Jeremy in light of his recent douchiness, but I don't think he discourages her. I remember him making several comments along the lines of "Jinger is amazing," "Jinger is better at (fill in the blank) than she gives herself credit for," and after the birth, "Jinger is so strong." Jeremy is an attention whore and pseudo intellectual who loves to hear himself talk, but I don't think he's trying to intentionally keep Jinger down.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with some people being submissive. Not everyone can be an alpha, dominent, center of attention type--the world wouldn't be able to function if that was the case. Some people just do better behind the scenes, in a small setting, or letting those more dominent types do the talking. Submissive doesn't mean doormat. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

As an adult She agreed to have herself put in public so she just has to deal

That's true, but I don't think she's done anything worth scrutinizing in this case. She's probably just an introvert. It's a valid, normal personality type. 

54 minutes ago, kiwi said:

Bit late, Im in New Zealand and it said “video not available in your location”

I experienced that when trying to watch the Irish version of Say Yes to the Dress.   A YouTuber I follow was on it and I sooooo wanted to watch but it wasn't available here in the U.S.  Still don't understand why, as I can watch her vlogs and other international content, so maybe it's a TLC thing?

3 hours ago, TaterTotsNPuddingPops said:

I experienced that when trying to watch the Irish version of Say Yes to the Dress.   A YouTuber I follow was on it and I sooooo wanted to watch but it wasn't available here in the U.S.  Still don't understand why, as I can watch her vlogs and other international content, so maybe it's a TLC thing?

Yes the “not available in your region” is a Discovery/TLC thing. But I don’t get why YouTube has this, YouTube doesn’t have region restrictions as far as I know. Maybe someone can explain this to me haha.  

4 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Yes the “not available in your region” is a Discovery/TLC thing. But I don’t get why YouTube has this, YouTube doesn’t have region restrictions as far as I know. Maybe someone can explain this to me haha.  

It's very common for YouTube videos to be region restricted.

On 9/18/2018 at 6:44 PM, BernRul said:

Introverted people come off this way to a lot of people. I'm an introvert, and I've heard people make comments like that that have completely shocked me. I think that for a lot of people, when they're in a new environment (like the birthing center) they appear to "clam up" becuase it's very stimulating. Especially if others in the group (like Jeremy) are more extroverted. 

It's also very subjective. I agree that Jinger seems stiff at the birthing center, but to me she seemed very engaged and emotional at the ultrasound. Then, later, she made that joke about "rest in peace...or is it rest in pieces?"  She didn't come off as conservative to me at all. 

Personally, I don't think it's weird for people to act shy in some circumstances and more at ease in others. It's how I tend to be. 

I've had multiple people tell one of my work friends that they thought I was bitchy and were afraid of me until it was explained I was just blunt and an introvert. Sometimes appearances are deceiving. 

This has to be the worst one this season.  You have been warned!

Jinger’s Double Surprise

Laredo, Texas – JinJer’s house.

They set up kiddie tunnels in the backyard.  She’s 25 weeks (and they’re both dressed like they came from church).  They explain that both of their families are coming in and they are having a gender reveal.  They will have 2 teams that will compete in identical obstacle courses.  The winning team captain will light the sign revealing the baby’s sex.  Her siblings have used all the “traditional” reveals so they have to be “creative” (it’s also entertainment for her).

Jeremy goes to TOWN with the happy hand pump. 

1558250717_happyhandpump.thumb.jpg.5769543687211baa4c8ec002d7289b8c.jpg

The course involves a tunnel, hula hoops, hopping (which Jeremy says is semi humiliating).  They want fun mixed with entertainment.  He’s very excited about the prospect of dizzy people having to hop on the bouncy ball.  Jinger says “this is terrible. They’re going to regret they came.”

hopping.thumb.jpg.fc759d04651c80768cec9d03b1e73444.jpg

Jeremy TH – I think some of the guests will have a slight feeling of regret when they see the obstacle course.

Jinger TH – It’s the 12th grandbaby, at this stage they’ll be thrilled to find out what it is.

They discuss how neither of them want to do their course.

JOKEN’S HOUSE

She’s 36 weeks and giggling!  She’s uncomfortable.

Her parents are coming over to “set up some things for the birth.”  Her parents walk in and her mom is 12 weeks pregnant.  They’ve been having “fun” talking about pregnancy together.  Mom gives her a baby book and they load the car seat in the car.

Christina – it’s neat that we are expecting at the same time.   Kendra got married young and its super neat to think that our littles will be 5 months apart. As we’re preparing for Kendra’s birth a lot of memories come back that I can share. 

She explains she was in a car accident at 36 weeks and had internal bleeding.  They stopped the labor and it would start and stop. 

Outside they install the car seat.  Joe explains that he has experience but this one is different because it’s an infant and not a toddler.  They install the base and discuss how they were excited when Kendra was born but he never thought he’d be a grandfather this early.  He advises Joe to do whatever Kendra wants quickly and remember to breathe.

The car seat appears to be a maxi cosi mico and new.

https://www.amazon.com/Maxi-Cosi-Mico-Infant-Black-Crystal/dp/B071HTSVZ2/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1537809852&sr=1-4&keywords=maxi%2Bcosi%2Bmico%2B%2Bcar%2Bseat&th=1

carseat.thumb.jpg.9a0fd4d9933b0c05639bdaa2ec7ca4c1.jpg

They discuss that it’s a “fancy” car seat (no, it’s not).

The wimminz head into the bedroom to pack for the hospital.  Her birth plan is to go to the hospital when it’s actual labor.  She wants her back packed a head of time so she doesn’t have to stress in labor.

Flashbacks to the jender reveal.

They all hug and they are “ready” to have the baby because the bag is packed and the seat is installed.

JINJERS HOUSE

Jinger actually says “JINder” reveal party, for whatever that’s worth.

Jana explains Joken and J’austen aren’t there.

JD says the house is “tight” with that many people.

COMMERCIAL

LAREDO

Jeremy calls the group to order and asks everyone to come outside and stay on the cement.  They all head out to the patio and see the obstacle course. 

Michelle – We’re excited! It will be our 12th grand baby.

Jeremy explains the rules; there will be 2 captains who will pick teams.   The winning team will reveal the jender.

Someone forgot to tell Anna to stay out of the shot.  Also, PICKLES!

annaandpickles.thumb.jpg.0d9a92bd7be0a31693ad9745a009ffe7.jpg

The two grandfathers are the captains.  Boob is team pink.   They pick people to team pink or team blue.  Gee, they don’t even get to be on the team that they believe in!  Jinger is on team blue, Jeremy on pink.

Jeremy explains the rules.  First eat ice cream, then a dizzy bat, then you bounce and do a hula hoop.

He demonstrates

bounce.thumb.jpg.d0570f776d7ea0b3838792d4b5a3019b.jpg

You need 5 hula hoops… then you do bunny hops and crawl through the tunnel. 

Michelle asks if there’s an exception for those who can’t/don’t want to crawl.  He permits a pinch crawler.

Anna appears to be on team blue, holding a baby.

They start eating the ice cream.  Jinger says that she thought watching them eat the ice cream was kind of sad, maybe they shouldn’t have done it.

Jordyn gets brain freeze, Jeremy’s dad gets dizzy and almost crashes into the table.  He even goes through the tunnel.

Kenzy and Marcus are shown without reservation, no joshly.

marcusmykenzie.thumb.jpg.610e2138c2b4273abd84be98d652ce38.jpg

Lauren and Josiah have hand/arm sex in the background

armsex.thumb.jpg.dc0ecfc6fea4e063abd28e489bf1a858.jpg

Jessa screams at ben for eating ice cream too slow and tries to help him out.  There appears to be a cat in the middle of this mayhem.  At least ben didn’t try to run it over (this time)

cat.thumb.jpg.c27f4f3638c63df0729678d44c355e58.jpg

Jessa pounds the ice cream.  She explains that she learned that if she wanted seconds (growing up) you had to eat fast.  She’s known for putting food away in a hurry.

She half asses the obstacle course.

Tyler seems to have a hard time with his turn while Jessa says she may puke.  Tyler gets brain freeze.

Interestingly, there is a mix of ice cream, some in ben and Jerrys, some is haagen daas.  I wonder if the duggars know that ben and jerrys is liberal!

The pink team wins.  The electric sign that says “baby” is brought out.   Boob gets to pull the string.  Of course he brings Michelle with him

COMMERCIAL

Boob and Michelle center themselves and boob tells Tyler to “step back” because he dared to be in the shot.  He moves aside.  They pull the string, its pink, and jinger silly strings the crowd as they scream.

pinkbaby.thumb.jpg.7d04e1d519c0b2d0dab206ec33917149.jpg

Chuck Vuolo wasn’t surprised, he had inkling it would be a girl. They’re ready.

Boob thought it would be a girl and he’s thankful.

Jessa – I was shocked when it was pink. I was sure it would be a boy.

Joy – I’m excited to have a niece, there are only 2.

Jinger – I think they’re dying to buy something pink.

Jeremy – it’s a relief that everyone knows the jender.  It’s easier to talk now without giving away the jender.

Jessa – I’m excited, my wheels are turning.  I’m excited to go shopping for girl clothes.

Jinger and Jeremy joke that the baby will be named Pluto mars.

They pray and thank god for the baby.  There’s a whole lot of touchy touchy handy handy going on

prayertouchy.thumb.jpg.401492b67736121745b284a5a54968ad.jpg

Jessa warns that they will surprise Jinger tomorrow for a surprise baby shower. They’re going to Margarita’s house, Jinger and Jeremy’s friend.  Jessa says that Jinger is easy to pull easy on, she “doesn’t catch on easily.”

They tell Jinger that they are going to buy baby clothes at a store near the mall.

COMMERCIAL

JOKEN’s HOUSE

They’re doing a time test run from the house to the hospital to see how long it takes to get from the house to the hospital.  They discuss that they want to see the baby but she’s nervous about labor.  Her birth plan is no epidural but at the hospital. 

They discuss whether it will be like in the middle of the night.  They need to see when to start leaving.  They act like they’re asleep and she tells him “it’s time.”  “For reals.”  They start to collect things, like pillows and chargers.  They start to walk out and forget the hospital bag.  Joe wants snacks. (We’re now at 5 minutes”

J’talking heads – Joe stress eats.

Four minutes later Joe is still picking out snacks.  Kendra laughs.

Jessa – we planned for a home birth both times.  Youre timing not just the drive but the load time.

They pull out of the driveway and start driving.

J’kids guess how long it will take. 

Kendra remarks that they won’t have to worry about traffic if it’s the middle of the night.  They discuss routes.

Producer – who will be more frantic?

Kendra – I think he will be calm and we’ll get through it.

They pull into the hospital at 23 minutes and park at 28 minutes.  They are happy with that.

LAREDO

Jeremy – we are setting up a surprise baby shower.  It was my mom’s idea because both families will be in town.

Juan and Margarita Johnson are friends and wanted to throw something.  It’s WAY classier than anything the Duggars could have done.  Jessa notes they had a taco truck

4731196_tacotruck.thumb.jpg.dc05febae0622b3ccdeca4dd1c55eb87.jpg

I’m wondering if this was innocent or a swipe at the Duggars and a sideye “taco trucks on every corner” that the Duggars just missed.

HOLD.THE.PHONE.  Is this woman Catholic?  That REALLY looks like a crucifix.  The Vuolos have Catholic friends???

crucafix.thumb.jpg.a86696ed4977f664d011436d1c5aa9bb.jpg

Jeremy and the girls were supposedly “shopping” and will get a fake call to look at a crib.

Margarita explains that Jeremy married them and Jinger played at the wedding.  She wanted to repay them and have the shower.  She fake calls Jinger and says that she has a crib and they ask her to come over and check it out.

Jana – I don’t think Jinger has a clue.

Boob gathers them at the doorway as Anna wrangles kids.  Jinger sees the camera crew and yells “you little sneaky boy” Jinger explains the pink balloons and taco truck gave it away.

They all yell “surprise” and Jinger pretends to be surprised.  There is a “It’s a girl” wreath on the door… and they’re dressed up.  There is no way she was “surprised.”  No one dresses like that to go look at baby clothes.

wreath.thumb.jpg.947f9c433e665a7960543cd354c2594c.jpg

1829019071_dressedup.thumb.jpg.93d7700f58443198e45653cee761ed42.jpg

Jinger hugs Michelle and says “this is so fancy.”

Jessa – when she walked in and saw us all gathered there, she was so surprised.

Jinger – I had no clue they were planning any of this.

Michelle coos at the little cakes. 

This has seriously set the bar for Duggar baby showers.  Cierra has been put to SHAME

PINK.thumb.jpg.a1fb588846011e074518450fd32f76ae.jpg

Chuck gives a speech and preaches about Jesus or something.  Boob leads them in prayer, again thanking them for the baby… blah blah.

Tons of gifts are presented to Jinger. She gets cute clothes, a stroller (from his parents).  Jinger is excited that it’s a jogging stroller. 

Jeremy – we need to get started on the nursery.

Jinger actually thanks the hosts.

They cut the cake. 

Jinger – I was completely oblivious.

Somewhere along the way, Jeremy lost his tie

463722190_notie.thumb.jpg.f373ff4f64f526b4b693e1facfdd1711.jpg

I’m not sure what’s up with the pen in his shirt, it’s weird.

Jessa – we had a great time in Laredo but we have to go home tomorrow.

Next time

Bachelor/Bachelorette party

Potluck with the married kids

Kendra has contractions/baby

YAWN.  Even with an accelerated timeline this is SOOO boring.  How much longer is this damn season, anyway?

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

annaandpickles.thumb.jpg.0d9a92bd7be0a31693ad9745a009ffe7.jpg

Jennifer's face!! Haha I love her!! Kid never disappoints!! Honestly, I wish I could adopt her and Jordan. 

If anyone has the link where I can watch this (US) can you share it please?! 

I hate to ask this every week, but if someone fnds a video of today's show, please post it and tag me in it. I will watch when I can.

Great recaps, @Buzzard Thanks.

Well now we have a birth story for Kendra, at 36-37 ish weeks. So she was almost certainly a wedlock conception, haha. Meanwhile Garrett came at almost 39ish weeks, ish?  

I predict the season will go to SiRen's wedding. 2 more episodes. Kendra will have her baby and then the wedding ep. Or maybe they will stretch it out more and there are several episodes left.  Maybe a bunch of them went out and played fizbee for an afternoon and that is worth half an episode and then some sisters went for a walk and there's another half ep. 

Do you think they'll fit the JD and Abbie courtship in before the close? 

1 minute ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I predict the season will go to SiRen's wedding. 2 more episodes. Kendra will have her baby and then the wedding ep. Or maybe they will stretch it out more and there are several episodes left.  Maybe a bunch of them went out and played fizbee for an afternoon and that is worth half an episode and then some sisters went for a walk and there's another half ep. 

Do you think they'll fit the JD and Abbie courtship in before the close? 

According to the TV guide today was supposed to be the -sex- reveal, the bachelor/bachelorette and Garret’s birth and next week Josiah and Lauren’s wedding but I guess they accidentally put 2 episode descriptions together.

i too was wondering about John and Abbie since we know they were already together at Josiah and Lauren’s wedding. Maybe they’ll do a courtship + wedding episode for the finale? Its not on the episode description but who knows

They’re airing two episodes tonight. I just went on the TLC app and watched the sex reveal party that @Buzzard recapped and then watched the episode with Josiah & Lauren’s bachelor/bachelorette party and Garrett’s birth. 

In the beginning of the second episode, several of the married couples had dinner at Jessa & Ben’s house. Joy and Austin talked about all the plans they had for their first year of marriage and how they’ll never get that time back. Later Austin said they’ll have to make the dinner an annul thing because there will be a new baby every year. It just made me so sad. I may be projecting or reading too much into it, but it seems like neither he nor Joy want a zillion kids, but they refuse to acknowledge that they have a choice. Again, I could be seriously overanalyzing. Two hours of this nonsense plus Carlin Bates announced her engagement today; my brain is on fundy overload!

Oh, and it looks like we’ll finally see a glimpse of the John David and Abbie relationship in next week’s SiRen wedding episode, 

Yes, I do believe that we will be introduced to JAbbie next week.  I remember from the season opener that they do a bit of TH with John about having something new in his life.  Guess we will see how much of an extent we go to on it!

In the previews for next week they alluded to it,  but with the way they do things on this show it will probably only be the last 30 seconds that deals with John and Abbie. Then they’ll have a teaser for next season with the courtship and proposal footage. And of course by the time THAT stuff airs they’ll already be married and expecting a baby.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, Buzzard said:

Can we play the "when did this happen" game?

Jana/JD's birthday is in January

Gideon was born in May

The Dillards were on a "mission trip" to Colorado Springs (about 2 hours away) in March/April

It was warm enough to ski without a jacket or gloves, but there is definitely a shot during pictionary when it was snowing.

Heres the thing, I cant find anywhere in Granby, Colorado that would still have skiing in then.  The largest places seem to be Granby Ranch and Winter Park and they would have been closed then. 

https://www.coloradoski.com/resort-season-dates

The only option appears to be the Arapahoe Ski Basin, which closed REALLY early june.

https://www.onthesnow.com/colorado/arapahoe-basin-ski-area/ski-resort.html

So, either Gideon was less than 2 weeks old when they drove him to Colorado, or there is some serious time shifting going on.  Regardless, the idea that this was a "birthday trip" is ridiculous.  What were they really up to in early June?

I recognize the mountain as Ski Granby Ranch (local Colorado girl who lives in a ski town and grew up racing at all the tiny little mountains)  It's the only place I've seen the Duggars ski at in Colorado. A Basin is like a second home to me, they definitely weren't there. 

More proof they were messing with the timelines We did get some snow in April after a dismal season but yeah everything closed early. 

The Maxi Cosi Mico is actually the nicest of the bucket seats I've seen the Duggars use so they probably do think of it as fancy. Jill used whatever came as part of her travel system (a cheap Baby Trend), I think the others I spotted were mostly Graco or travel system types as well. The Mico is suuuuper light and the best decision - people really underestimate how heavy babies get in bucket seats really quickly. You read the 35 lb weight limit + add another 10 lbs of car seat and who the hell wants to lug that in one hand...

8 minutes ago, zee_four said:

I recognize the mountain as Ski Granby Ranch (local Colorado girl who lives in a ski town and grew up racing at all the tiny little mountains)  It's the only place I've seen the Duggars ski at in Colorado. A Basin is like a second home to me, they definitely weren't there. 

More proof they were messing with the timelines We did get some snow in April after a dismal season but yeah everything closed early. 

They went skiing in March, around Spring Break.

The whole baby seat conversation amuses me. My daughter's car seat (the carrier kind - like for infants) stayed IN THE CAR. I carried her in my arms or put her in a stroller. Wagging a car seat around has always seemed to be WAY too much work.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived