IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

Continued from here:

Jana is still "on the market"

Gideon is born

Kendra and Jinger are pregnant

Its either winter or not... who knows, TLC stopped trying to care!

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lauren Finds Her Dress (and various other totally normal activities)

San Antonio

Jinger is 21 weeks and going to a San Antonio Birth center to take a tour and then have an ultrasound.  She meets a SUPER spunky midwife. I'm pretty sure I would have transferred to the hospital just to get away from her if I was in labor.

Jinger TH – I don’t feel comfortable with home birth. I feel safer in a birth center where they have things you would need for care and being closer to a hospital.

The midwife (Alisa) explains that it is a homelike setting but it’s close to the hospital

Jeremy TH – we chose this one because it’s like a minute away from multiple hospitals and a children’s hospital just in case.

They explain that they are OK with a natural childbirth, no meds.  Jinger is OK with that right now.  Her mom and sisters have had long labors and she hopes to break the mold.  Jinger is assured that they will give her tools to get through the rough spots without drugs.  Jinger is thankful for that.

The center is 2 ½ hours away and she isn’t worried about that because they have long labors.

They take a tour, they have a kitchen and they want you to eat and drink because they don’t run IVs.  Jeremy wants an IV for himself. We are shown an assortment of teas.

Jeremy TH – every step, it just gets realer and realer.  It sets in more and more as we get closer.

They see a suite with a nice tub.  Half their moms have water births, others like a birthing stool.  They demonstrate it and Alisa explains it’s like a toilet (THANKS TLC for the Anna toilet birth memories).   Jeremy tries it out

611854117_Jeremybirthingstool.thumb.jpg.e8d18e53e7d579bb59dfceac695e3cfa.jpg

He likes it and jokes that he’d like one for home.  Jinger explains that they are excited and feel comfortable there. If he had a birth canal he can totally see how that works.

Granby, CO

The Duggar bus pulls up to a house.  Jana explains that her/Jon’s birthday was a couple months ago and they are just getting around to celebrating.  Skiing scares her, but she thought it would be fun to do it again. (who is going to google why they were really there?)

Boob walks into the house and says its “spacious.” Jana explains that it was pretty much whoever could make it.  Bin looks like he’s going for an undercover rapper look and who is the guy next to Jana???  Someone named ELIJAH and  Laura… hmmmm

643184233_Binandastranger.thumb.jpg.ae9709cedb7b01a98c3b9303e8854cf0.jpg

Bin really needs to get over himself... I'd also like to know more about Elijah and Jana... 

Joy explains she won’t be skiing because she just had a baby.  She’s hoping to get some sun.

They head to get lunch.  Boob and Michelle announce that they’re celebrating the birthday.  They stand up in front of the brood in the middle of the restaurant and have a whole speech.  Totally normal.

Producer – what is it like being a twin?

Jana/JD – we have ESP and can read each other’s minds.  Just kidding

Flashback to JD/Jana and growing up and J’kids talk about their personalities.  The two were very tight and back each other up.

After lunch they “hit the slopes.”

Jessa explains why its ok for them to wear pants while skiing – it would defeat the purpose and it wouldn’t be modest.  Shots of various duggar females wearing pants for sky diving and water sports in the past.

Josie isn’t wearing a jacket.

COMMERCIAL

San Antonio

Jin/Jer arrive at “amazing baby” to have an ultrasound.  There’s a sign with a psalm on the wall (guess they aren’t seeing an OB… WTF)  They seem amazed as they see her and say how incredible it is. 

Jeremy TH – this was my first time being in an ultrasound and its astonishing that it’s my child.  I’m at a loss for words. 

Jinger – It was amazing seeing her little face, the profile, it made it seem so real.

She’s almost 1 pound.  Head is on target 53rd percentile. 

They want to find out the “gender” so they have more time to work on the name.  J’kids speculate whether it’s a girl or boy.

Tech tells them it’s a… girl. They kiss.

Jinger – we were both overjoyed.  We couldn’t believe it.

Jeremy – We have a little princess on the way. I can’t wait to see her and hold her.  We will reveal the jender.  We’ll have them come to Laredo.

Colorado

Its day 2 on the slopes.  Jessa and Bin are proud they didn’t fall getting off the lift. Josie is wearing a jacket now. Jessa hopes to learn to turn.

Producer – who is the best skier?

Justin is on a snowboard… jana thinks Josie.

Jessa coaches Bin, who thinks he’s not very good.

Jessa – I felt bad for ben because I knew he wanted to get on the slopes but he was having a hard time stopping.

More clips of bin wiping out.  Josie rips past.

Jordyn asks bin if he’s having fun.  He says he’s starting to

More shots of bin falling (he better be careful of there won’t be a #3!)

Back at base – Joy is there with Gideon.  She’s with Michelle watching the guys ski.  Joy explains that they went skiing for their honeymoon.  Taking care of the newborn on vacation is different, but he’s a baby and sleeps so it’s not that hard.

Austin comes and kisses the baby.  He’s wearing an outfit from Jill.  Joy explains he only cries when he’s hungry.

Austin – I miss having joy there. It’s not the same with the guys.  He tells joy they went down the black.

Shots of J’kids skiing.

Bin – there came a point where the instructor and jessa gave me all the points and it was just getting the hang of it.

He gets on a green slope.

COMMERCIAL

Colorado

Back at the house the “older kids” are going to the “main cabin” to celebrate.  They’re playing a game where they’ll have “words” describing their life.  Jana and JD each pick a team.  (Who is watching the kids if jana is there!?)

The first word is “older twin” 

JD TH – she used to play the older card on me.

They all fight if “first born” wins (jessa goes and eats a snack).  

snack.thumb.jpg.4851fdd40df6d58f303998785faf1e99.jpg

Producer asks J’kids who is the most competitive. 

Jessa yells from the kitchen that John won because it had to be the exact word.

Word 2: Fixer upper

Jana – I enjoy home renovation projects.  I can see doing it more

Flashback to all the shit jana has done.

Word 3 – Constable

Laura gets it instantly

JD – I became a constable 6 years ago.  It’s the same authority as the sheriff.  I can contribute

Word 4 – Chicken Coop

HOLY FUCK THIS IS BORING

Shots of Jana’s chicken coop. It’s an extension of the garden and it’s a good learning tool

chicken.thumb.jpg.432a8a6dbc64c6fa12df052ddf59293a.jpg

There is a sign on the coop that says “chick inn”

Jinger – Jana has some chicken, or had some chickens.  I think they got attacked by animals.  May they rest in peace, or rest in pieces. I don’t know what happened (and this is why I love Jinger).

Jessa – She has ducks now

Word 5 – taking flight

JD – flying is a great tool. It’s a time machine, you can get from point a to point b quickly.

Laura says something but JD violated the rules by talking, so they fight about whether they broke the rules.  They do an instant reply of JD miming things.

Jana walks in with Gideon and hands over the birthday cupcakes to the winning team.  Holy fuck, this screen grab pretty much sums up her life.  Holding someone else’s kid and giving the cupcakes to people that cheated her out of whatever she wanted while Jessa looks on from her seat.

jana.thumb.jpg.03857d879907f37b6177200ed5c1618c.jpg

Another thing of cupcakes is found.  They consume them without praying (while Jana is still holding the baby).

COMMERCIAL

Rogers, Arkansas

Lauren and a gaggle of people are dress shopping.  They walk into “the white dress.”  Her makeup is particularly bad in this week’s TH. I'm serious, where is Michelle's friend when these poor women need some real help?

78424276_laurenmakeup.thumb.jpg.cd7037fd29269b2fbccf1d3d2f2e5ea0.jpg

Lauren – I looked at several different stores and haven’t found anything, so today she’s at white dress boutique.  When she shops it’s with a purpose, 15 minutes.  She did her homework and she knows exactly what she wants. She describes the type of fabric, fabric she doesnt want (lace) and nothing poufy (anyone want to be a cookie what they're going to show her?)

Jinger – its stressful to find a dress in a short timeline, if you don’t find something quickly you can end up with something you don’t like.

Lauren – Before Josiah my dad was my best friend.  He will probably be more concerned about the price. He’s very frugal and I don’t like to pick the expensive things.

Messed up that her brother and nephew are the same age and sitting next to eachother...

brotherandnephew.thumb.jpg.9d52cfeba3618a0e557e01b01a78790b.jpg

Joy – her dad is here, I wouldn’t mind having my dad.

Jinger – we are bargain hunters. My dad would ask price too.

Lauren comes out with the first dress.   They all ooooh and ahhh.  It has sparkly sleeves.  She doesn’t like a poufy dress and lace (um, she said she did her homework and didn’t like lace so why are they showing her lace?)

Everyone is instructed to hold up their “love it” or “leave it” signs.  Jana doesn’t want to use a sign because you don’t know what the bride is going for.  They are forced to use the signs.

Producer – what dress do you see her in?

Josiah – fitted, different than my sisters have done.  Fashion is not my thing (says the only duggar male that has every shown a single ounce of fashion individuality)

Dress 2 – more fitted but the bust is a big NOPE.  It also has lace.

Again, they are forced to use the signs.  Reluctantly the group cooperates with this game.

Dress 3, also lace.  She has to wear a tank top under it.  They discuss cap sleeves, which she likes but doesn’t like the padding.

Dad jokes that its taking a while and he would only try on 2 things.  What logo could be on his shirt that’s a big enough deal that they had to cover it with electrical tape???  We’ve seen them in under armor… Nike?  This was taped long before Nike stepped into the NFL thing so... 

logo.thumb.jpg.ad10b6f473a8fa085c031d948d388370.jpg

Dress 4 

NO LACE! They all oooohhhh at the sparkly back.  They like this one, it has the material she wanted, beads, and the mermaid.  They have to line the back because she wants the dress to compliment her face and not her body. She tells the camera that her modesty standards are similar to the Duggars. 

COMMERCIAL

This dress is the favorite but there is still one more.  She’s worried about the nude material on the back and concerned it’s not modest enough.

Jana thinks that it may be plain and the back is BLING.

Dress 5

They all wow it (I think it’s hideous).  Its champagne tone and cap sleeve.  It has pockets!  It’s very poufy. (Buzzards note: I highly support the idea that dresses should have pockets, but a wedding dress?  NOPE  You do not need to carry your car keys around at your wedding.)

Kendra – it’s very similar to mine.  We are shown shots of kendra's dress.

Jana can’t decide if she likes it.  She's the only one in the room who seems to care what the bride wants.

The owner takes her back and lets her select a dress.  Gee, so its “get one of these that you don’t like or fuck off?”

She comes back in dress 4

They put a veil on her.  Michelle thinks it’s beautiful.  They put a veil on her, and now everyone loves it.  No one has done a full length veil before.  She agrees that she’ll take it and they’ll line the back of the dress for modesty.

laurendress.thumb.jpg.d9495d4b9cadb3f5887f0383dbddbca5.jpg

Josiah and Lauren – I’m excited and not nervous.  It will go great, we’ll do a great job.  Josiah won’t miss the kiss.

Next week

Joken practice going to the hospital

JinJer set up the gender reveal

How much longer is this season? Its never ending!

Thanks! @Buzzard

btw Elijah is a known long time friend of the Duggars and Bates. He has a lot of posts on his Instagram (hawaiiansurfingboy) with the Duggar Boys and Trace Bates, and I think he used to live with the Duggars. I asume he’s in his early 20’s based on who he hangs out with. I don’t think him and Jana are a thing 

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Thanks! @Buzzard

btw Elijah is a known long time friend of the Duggars and Bates. He has a lot of posts on his Instagram with the Duggar Boys and Trace Bates, and I think he used to live with the Duggars. I asume he’s in his early 20’s based on who he hangs out with. I don’t think him and Jana are a thing 

But he's there for her birthday party... 

51 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jin/Jer arrive at “amazing baby” to have an ultrasound.  There’s a sign with a psalm on the wall (guess they aren’t seeing an OB… WTF)  They seem amazed as they see her and say how incredible it is. 

Surely they were getting regular checkups from medical professionals including scans and this scenario was just set up by TLC because the hospital was less amenable to filming than this pro-life boutique...

52 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jeremy TH – this was my first time being in an ultrasound and its astonishing that it’s my child.  I’m at a loss for words. 

What!! Girl!!!!! Come on!!!!!!!!

54 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Austin comes and kisses the baby.  He’s wearing an outfit from Jill.  Joy explains he only cries when he’s hungry.

Buzzard, I was sure you were talking about Austin here for a minute. I was like "oh cool, nice to have a husband who's in touch with his emotions and lets your sister dress him"

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Jessa explains why its ok for them to wear pants while skiing – it would defeat the purpose and it wouldn’t be modest.  Shots of various duggar females wearing pants for sky diving and water sports in the past.

Seriously? :my_confused: 

I really thought they were just gonna just ignore the whole skirts only for women rule and let it fade into the background without commentary or discussion since a bunch of them have been spotted wearing pants but never on the show.  Which is annoying but it is their way. They don't like to talk about how any of their own convictions could differ form their parents. And they wont.

But somehow, of all things to explain about their way of life, Jessa chooses to address the pants think by telling her audience that it is ok to wear pants when doing some activities because doing it in a skirt would be fucking obviously stupid and cumbersome...and not modest because like, everyone would see your bloomers when you fall over and a skirt goes over your head. Well thanks for that Blessa, it fucking clears up so much for us.

I mean, why? It just seems to me like the actively try to bring up these hackneyed Duggar tropes just to keep them going. And going. And going. 

We've all seen Jinger in pants as a Fashion Choice and she's still a golden child on the show so why keep pushing the skirt thing?

Maybe Jessa is just concerned that one day a Duggar might be photographed wearing pants and Nobody will comment or write an article about it and the internet wont have another mini explosion over a Duggar fashion choice so she has to remind us it's still a thing? 

19 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I mean, why? It just seems to me like the actively try to bring up these hackneyed Duggar tropes just to keep them going. And going. And going. 

Because if they were more like us, they wouldn't be the sooper speshul Christians they want us to believe they are.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

But he's there for her birthday party... 

Maybe he was there for JD's party?

Disappointed by Jessa "explaining" the pants. Especially after Jinger and Jill have been seen wearing pants. 

@Buzzard thanks, great recaps. 

I think Elijah is a family friend who wanted to go skiing. It’s very unlikely that he and Jana would suddenly show an interest in each other after several years.

@Buzzard wedding dresses have pockets  now for phones, because God forbid you should miss something Instagramable at your wedding. They’re also handy for makeup.

They put a veil on her.  Michelle thinks it’s beautiful.  They put a veil on her, and now everyone loves it.  No one has done a full length veil before.  She agrees that she’ll take it and they’ll line the back of the dress for modesty.

Wait, what was Jinger's behemoth, monster* of a veil then?  

ETA: I feel compelled to state I loved Jinger's veil, but it was A LOT of veil, no matter how you look at it. 

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jinger – It was amazing seeing her little face, the profile, it made it seem so real.

Sorry, what? This can't be her first ultrasound, can it? I assume she's talking about the first time she had one, not this time right? I just had my second one at 12 weeks, so there's no way she didn't have one yet, right??

Also, Mr. Blessed has been with me for both and intends to be with me for every appointment. What the hell is Jeremy so busy with that he can't go with her? He's the pastor of his own church! One would think he makes his own schedule. Why is this the first time he's attending an ultrasound? 

11 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, what was Jinger's behemoth, monster* of a veil then?  

ETA: I feel compelled to state I loved Jinger's veil, but it was A LOT of veil, no matter how you look at it. 

I think jinger had a monster train.  Now we have a mega veil cuz... I don’t know...

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think jinger had a monster train.  Now we have a mega veil cuz... I don’t know...

Yep, it looked like it was the veil that was huge and long, but it was actually the lace train. You can see that her veil's pretty short in this picture that has it hanging down away from her and this one that shows the relative shape of the veil and train.1576849316_JingerVeil.thumb.PNG.b6f1743c19fe3ce385cbea19f4422f21.PNG1428003081_JingerTrain.thumb.PNG.abebd38e018e1d5fd608cb6edcd6374d.PNG

Ahh, okay. For some reason all this time I've been thinking that part of what's actually a train was a veil. I stand corrected! 

49 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Disappointed by Jessa "explaining" the pants. Especially after Jinger and Jill have been seen wearing pants. 

@Buzzard thanks, great recaps. 

Jill doesn't exist anymore. :P

The Bates girls wear skirts when skiing don't they?

1 hour ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Sorry, what? This can't be her first ultrasound, can it? I assume she's talking about the first time she had one, not this time right? I just had my second one at 12 weeks, so there's no way she didn't have one yet, right??

Also, Mr. Blessed has been with me for both and intends to be with me for every appointment. What the hell is Jeremy so busy with that he can't go with her? He's the pastor of his own church! One would think he makes his own schedule. Why is this the first time he's attending an ultrasound? 

There are still many doctors who only do an anatomy scan unless they need to confirm dates or there is cause for concern. No clue what the reasoning is in Jinger's case though.

If anyone comes across a video of tonight's show, please post it. Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

What the hell is Jeremy so busy with that he can't go with her? He's the pastor of his own church! One would think he makes his own schedule. Why is this the first time he's attending an ultrasound? 

I assume this is his first ultrasound because it's the first one that Jinger has gotten which is not the first one she's been to because she's gone to her mom's and her sister's.

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

@Buzzard wedding dresses have pockets  now for phones, because God forbid you should miss something Instagramable at your wedding. They’re also handy for makeup.

I just got married two weeks ago and my (fabulous) dress had pockets--real ones. It was fantastic. I kept my vows in them during the ceremony and for the rest of the party I had my phone--not so much to take pictures, more so that people had a good way to get my attention if they needed me. I also used it for my hotel key later that day. ?

ETA: Cute picture of husband and me getting ready, feat. pockets

pockets.jpg

12 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I just got married two weeks ago and my (fabulous) dress had pockets--real ones. It was fantastic. I kept my vows in them during the ceremony and for the rest of the party I had my phone--not so much to take pictures, more so that people had a good way to get my attention if they needed me. I also used it for my hotel key later that day. ?

ETA: Cute picture of husband and me getting ready, feat. pockets

pockets.jpg

Congratulations @lumpentheologie !!! You look amazing from the neck down lol! But really I love the dress and am excited for you! (I'm gonna keep thinking you look like Yara from GoT though)

My friend had pockets in her wedding dress too and the skirt was much like yours. I think it's a great style just for the look and feel of it whatever you keep in the pockets or not.  But there are a lot of uses for pockets in wedding gowns, like what you mentioned and also depending on the something old or blue or borrowed you might have or whatever keepsake you wanted with you could be right there. I actually thought it was hilarious that my friend was checking facebook updates (about her own wedding at least) right before heading down the aisle, but hey a phone in hand is comforting for a lot of people.

13 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Congratulations @lumpentheologie !!! You look amazing from the neck down lol! But really I love the dress and am excited for you! (I'm gonna keep thinking you look like Yara from GoT though)

My friend had pockets in her wedding dress too and the skirt was much like yours. I think it's a great style just for the look and feel of it whatever you keep in the pockets or not.  But there are a lot of uses for pockets in wedding gowns, like what you mentioned and also depending on the something old or blue or borrowed you might have or whatever keepsake you wanted with you could be right there. I actually thought it was hilarious that my friend was checking facebook updates (about her own wedding at least) right before heading down the aisle, but hey a phone in hand is comforting for a lot of people.

Thank you! I also found the phone really comforting sometimes--brides can get nervous, and I definitely felt more in control with my phone. 

What I don’t get- Lauren had a very clear vision of what she wanted. From fabric to cut. Why the hell did they put her in 3 lace dresses and one with a very big skirt?????? 

Even if they want to create some drama for TV- there are surely more dresses that would at least have fit her idea.

This does not look good for the shop in my opinion. Come here and we give you exactly what you don’t like? I can see trying something out of your comfort zone when what you initially wanted just doesn’t work but this was ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

If anyone comes across a video of tonight's show, please post it. Thanks in advance.

There ya go. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived