IGNORED

Faux News: Who Says the USA Doesn't Have State TV?

Destiny

I'm kinda surprised about Carlson. He seems so plain vanilla to me. Like, being naughty means getting TWO pizza toppings instead of just one.

(I'm talking about the shocking things he's said that have recently come to light. He says stupid things every time he opens his mouth.)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JMarie said:

He says stupid things every time he opens his mouth.)

In other words, he's a natural to work at POX news! That must be something potential POX news employees are asked to do in their job interviews.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

In other words, he's a natural to work at POX news! That must be something potential POX news employees are asked to do in their job interviews.

There is a vaccine for the POX so I hear. So people are telling me.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

There is a vaccine for the POX so I hear. So people are telling me.

Don't you talk about that liberal educated voodoo nonsense. God created Fox News on the eighth day, and it is the only Godly news channel. Plus, vaccines give you autism.

(Yes, I call it POX because it spreads the disease of stupidity.)

Yikes, I feel like i live in sarcasm font nowadays!

Edited by Audrey2
should have been liberal, not liberated
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I was watching Anderson Cooper last night and he had on a woman (from FOX?) defending Tucker Carlson; she didn't like the thing where you go back 10 years and call out someone on what they said or did then. Subtext: it's so UNFAIR! 

So let me help. Tucker Carlson was 39-ish when he was making those remarks.  I can see a big difference between say, ages 18 and 28, but by the time you are in your late 30s, you're formed into the adult you are for the most part.  Tucker Carlson hasn't had an epiphany resulting in  a mid-life course correction and becoming a kinder, more compassionate and thoughtful man.  He's also the father of three daughters; I wonder what they think of those remarks? 

His current TV persona is simply a more carefully edited version of himself 10 years ago.  And 10 years isn't ancient history. 

Unless his advertisers drop him, he's not going anywhere. The things he said to Bubba the Love Sponge on air resonate strongly with a large segment of male FOX watchers, especially the ones who piss and moan about the burden of  political correctness and feminists.  He's also playing the "media as the mob" card and he's making his viewers believe he's doing the noble thing by not apologizing.  And that's where we are today. 

To clarify, part of Carlson's recorded conversation had to do with Warren Jeffs' conviction of rape as an accomplice; Jeffs was originally sentenced to 10 years in a Utah prison for facilitating the FLDS "marriage" (rape) of an underage girl. 

Jeffs is currently serving a life sentence in Texas for the rape of his very young (ages 12 and 15) "brides". 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Ohhhh,  advertisers AstraZenexa and Capital One have bailed from Tucker Carlson's show.  Bayer and Ford still hanging in there. 

Outback bailed in January, apparently. 

Bayer makes Aleve and Claritin, among many other OTC medications. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Howl said:

This makes me even happier than I already was (due to saving who-knows-how-much over the years) that I take a generic Loratadine, rather than Claritin!

• Upvote 4

I didn't realize Carlson is the heir to the Swanson fortune (lots of interesting posts in this thread):

This one is my favorite:

At 10, his US ambassador dad + head of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting married Patricia Swanson. Like any good elite kid, Tucker attended private schools + then applied for the CIA, but failed. “You should consider journalism,” his father told him. “They’ll take anybody.”

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Ohhhh,  advertisers AstraZenexa and Capital One have bailed from Tucker Carlson's show.  Bayer and Ford still hanging in there. 

It took a looong time to get rid of Glenn Beck. My dad used to watch wait of Fox News, and IIRC, it was weeks of smaller advertisers (solar powered generators, food dehydrator, William Devane buy gold commercials) before the plug got pulled.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Bayer makes a bunch of pesticides as well although I'm spacing on which ones.

Tucker, Tucker, Tucker. Complaining about attacks on free speech, about Media Matters and the Southern Poverty Law Center, and calling CNN's Brian Stelter a  eunuch. Horrifyingly enough, MM and SPLC are tax exempt, so we the taxpayers are subsidizing them! The chyrons read "There are forces at work that want to shut down Fox News and free speech" and "Media Matters only exists to attack Fox News". So.e fell I never heard of is proud of Tucker not apologizing. 

Hannity isn't all pumped up about free speech. He chooses to start with a $275 MILLION lawsuit against CNN by that bratty Kentucky teen in the MAGA hat.

I just can't anymore.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Huhn.  According to Josh Marshall, Tucker's decided to take a "vacation."  There's some speculation that it will be Bill O'Reilly type vacay. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

Tucker, Tucker, Tucker. Complaining about attacks on free speech, about Media Matters and the Southern Poverty Law Center, and calling CNN's Brian Stelter a  eunuch. Horrifyingly enough, MM and SPLC are tax exempt, so we the taxpayers are subsidizing them! The chyrons read "There are forces at work that want to shut down Fox News and free speech" and "Media Matters only exists to attack Fox News". So.e fell I never heard of is proud of Tucker not apologizing. 

Hannity isn't all pumped up about free speech. He chooses to start with a $275 MILLION lawsuit against CNN by that bratty Kentucky teen in the MAGA hat.

I just can't anymore.

@JMarieYou have gone far and beyond where we mere mortals fear to tread. I know not from where you get your strength.

• I Agree 7

They're talking about the girl who went viral saying that Americans don't have maps 

• Disgust 5

Another day, another episode of Tucker Carlson Tonight (for now). He starts off by complaining about the college admissions scandal. He shows a clip from Desperate Housewives, featuring Felicity Huffman, but there's no sound, so we don't know the relevance of it (but Tucker doesn't, either). How dare Elizabeth Warren complain about the cheating scandal when she herself lied about her own heritage. The he starts in on "mediocre rich kids get in even without bribery", complete with a picture of Chelsea Clinton (says the heir to the Swanson frozen food empire, who attended boarding school and private Trinity College). Apparently Chelsea has "never had a single original thought ever in her life". The first 17 minutes are spent on the cheating scandal.

Commercials: Auto Club 400 (car race on Fox), PODS storage, peticare (pet nail clippers), Tecovas boots, Golf channel, Xfinity and several commercials for various Fox News programs

He begins to talk about Manafort's sentence, but quickly shifts over to Lisa Page and The Dossier. Michael Caputo (former Trump campaign advisor) stops by to complain how he keeps getting subpoenaed, and mentions his GoFundMe account.

Why won't Pelosi start impeachment proceedings if she's sure Trump's guilty?

Commercials: My Pillow, ClearChoice dental implants

"Fake revolutionary" Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez was crushed while questioning the CEO of Wells Fargo. A blonde on loan from Fox Business tears apart the clips that were shown of AOC. 

Commercials: CNN series on Nixon, Crash Proof Retirement, Pond Lehocky (law firm)

Trump finally agrees to ban Boeing 737 Max planes. Since the U.S. "still enjoys global supremacy" with plane manufacturing, the Chinese must be behind this scandal. The guest air traffic controller agrees with Trump's decision. You know he won't be asked back.

Do airpods cause cancer? They do in male rats, says the Fox News medical correspondent.

Commercials: PODS (again), Spence vs. Garcia (pay per view boxing match), My Pillow (again)

Time to insult a colleague from a liberal channel. Tonight it's Chris Hayes from MSNBC. Hayes's "political vews aren't very interesting, cringing hipster sensitivity burnished with low grade academic buzzwords, pretty banal stuff." Hayes recently interviewed Angelo Carusone, who runs Media Matters. Carusone had a bigoted blog, but Hayes failed to mention this, so Hayes loses credibility.

I. Am. Exhausted.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

Ackshully people who cant reed or right are much more intelligenter then them who can. 

• Haha 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic