IGNORED

Faux News: Who Says the USA Doesn't Have State TV?

Destiny

I was looking at a list of confirmed speakers for CPAC, and Diamond and Silk are on the list. They've also got the guy who hasn't washed his hands in ten years, and the angry judge who throws a fit every Saturday night.:pb_rollseyes:

http://cpac.conservative.org/speakers/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

"‘Answer my question’: Fox anchor grills defiant Stephen Miller on Trump’s national emergency"

Spoiler

Unstoppable rhetoric collided with immovable facts on “Fox News Sunday,” as White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller defended President Trump’s national emergency declaration and invoked the potential for a veto if Congress disapproves in an interview with Chris Wallace.

The segment focused on the limits of presidential powers to circumvent Congress and procure funds to build 230 miles of barriers along the southern border. Miller described an onslaught of drugs and migrants flowing over the border as justification for the emergency declaration.

Yet, like a small army of fact-checkers have noted before, Wallace told Miller the vast majority of hard drugs seized by Customs and Border Protection are captured at points of entry, not between them, and unlawful migration over the border has fallen 90 percent since 2000.

So what crisis is the wall supposed to solve? In shades of former defense secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld’s “unknown unknowns” theory, Miller invoked what could not be demonstrated by his own administration’s statistics.

“You don’t know what you don’t know, and you don’t catch what you don’t catch,” Miller told Wallace. “But as a matter of national security, you cannot have uncontrolled, unsecured areas of the border where people can pour in undetected.”

The segment took a tense turn after Wallace pressed Miller, a self-proclaimed constitutional conservative, over measures designed to block the president from obtaining funds outside Congress.

That wasn’t an issue, Miller said: “Congress in 1976 passed the National Emergency Act and gave the president the authority, as a result of that, to invoke a national emergency in many different circumstances, but among them the use of military construction funds.”

And the military, conveniently, has already been deployed to the southern border, Miller noted, and a wall is needed to “secure those areas where they’re patrolling.”

In other words, troops were deployed to help harden the border and now need barriers to keep them safe from a threat Miller did not describe.

Still, the move lacks precedent, Wallace said, in how Trump has sought to secure his funds. Miller repeatedly refused to acknowledge it has not happened before and tried to fire back with a question of his own.

Wallace sailed passed the dodge.

“Then answer my question, can you name one case where a president has asked Congress for money, Congress has refused, and the president has then invoked national powers to get the money anyway?”

Miller responded: “Well this current situation —”

Wallace interjected again. “Just yes or no, sir.”

Miller answered “no” in a quick back-and-forth before moving to emergency declarations involving Zimbabwe as an example of overzealous use of authority — even though the 2003 measure against associates of despot Robert Mugabe was extended by Trump himself in March.

Miller ended the segment with a portent of even more challenging political maneuvering.

By September 2020, Miller said, “hundreds of miles” of new barriers will have been built along the border.

And he suggested that if Congress passes a resolution disapproving of the emergency, Trump would probably veto it. “He’s going to protect his national emergency declaration, guaranteed. … If the president can’t defend this country, then he cannot fulfill this constitutional oath of office.”

The segment ended. Wallace, in a flash of understatement, bid his guest farewell.

“It’s always good and always challenging to talk to you,” Wallace said.

• Upvote 3

Diamond & Silk apparently don't know who Marco Rubio is, so it makes perfect sense that Faux is paying them to provide political commentary. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Diamond & Silk apparently don't know who Marco Rubio is, so it makes perfect sense that Faux is paying them to provide political commentary. :pb_rollseyes:

There is another 48 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

• I Agree 4

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Sweet Rufus.

I can't think of any kind of comeback.  My head is too busy exploding with rage.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

I'll admit to being rather proud of my countryman for getting under Tucker's skin like this. And I'm even more proud that he's leaked this footage on social media, because of course Faux is refusing to air it. Can't have the truth coming out now, can you?

• Upvote 9

Here's a little more about the Bregman interview.

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” is a binary production. Here’s how it breaks down: The host, Tucker Carlson, either welcomes a guest with whom he agrees, in which case the segment is a facile lovefest, or he welcomes a guest with whom he disagrees, in which case the segment is a gutter-scraping slugfest.

A chat with Dutch historian Rutger Bregman was supposed to fall in the former basket, a nice, easy segment in which the host and guest find common ground on the hypocrisy of the world’s elites. In a display of common-sense advocacy, Bregman had appeared at the World Economic Forum in Davos and hammered all the rich people there for avoiding taxes. The Post explained, "He started by saying that he found the conference’s mix of indulgence and global problem-solving a bit bewildering. ... ‘I hear people talking the language of participation and justice and equality and transparency. But then almost no one raises the real issue of tax avoidance. And of the rich just not paying their fair share. It feels like I’m at a firefighters conference and no one is allowed to speak about water.’ ”

With that, an invite to “Tucker Carlson Tonight” was hatched. In a careful effort over the past two years-plus, Carlson has attempted to cast himself as the anti-elite elite, a guy who understands the hypocrisy of the ruling class because he was born into comfort in La Jolla, Calif., and Georgetown — followed, eventually, by a well-paid career on cable news.

But Carlson’s interview with Bregman didn’t go well, as we learned last week from Bregman’s Twitter account.

Also included in Bregman’s tweets was an email from Carlson alleging that Bregman had turned out to be “far dumber, more dogmatic and less impressive than I expected.” The combative cable-news host also called Bregman an “a------.” In any case, Carlson’s show declined to air the segment, a move that senior executive producer Justin Wells blamed on Bregman, who “turned an opportunity to have a substantive, informative discussion into an obviously calculated personal insult campaign. We were disappointed in the segment and respect our audience’s time too much to consider airing it.”

Now the whole world can judge whether Fox News was respecting its audience’s time or just suppressing a segment that embarrassed a star host. Watch:

< video posted by @fraurosena >

Here’s the fascinating part of this clash: Carlson starts out by bathing Bregman in praise for his remarks at Davos, which the video replays. “That’s one of the great moments — maybe the great moment in Davos history,” Carlson said, chuckling about the hypocrisy of the folks who travel by private jet to talk about the world’s problems in Switzerland. “If I was wearing a hat, I would take it off to you,” Carlson said.

Thus was established the planned rhythm of the interview. Bregman, you see, was brought in as a friendly voice, a fellow who would presumably play along with the host. That very status gave Bregman enough space to turn the whole conversation into a referendum on Carlson’s own hypocrisy. “The vast majority of Americans, for years and years now, according to the polls, including Fox News viewers and including Republicans, are in favor of higher taxes on the rich. . . . It’s all really mainstream but no one’s saying that at Davos just as no one’s saying that at Fox News,” Bregman said in the discussion. Folks at Davos and at Fox News, he alleged, had been “bought by the billionaire class.”

Carlson didn’t immediately anger, though he did try to steer the discussion elsewhere. When Bregman persisted in his critique of Fox News, Carlson said it would be “interesting” to know how much Fox News the historian had watched.

After some more back-and-forth, Bregman showed that he’d really, really studied the programming values of “Tucker Carlson Tonight”: “I think the issue really is one of corruption and of people being bribed and not talking about the real issues. What the Murdochs really want you to do to is scapegoat immigrants instead of talking about tax avoidance,” he said.

As Bregman continued showing a command of Fox News’s pro-elite advocacy, Carlson blew up. He called Bregman a “moron” and couldn’t figure out how this fellow had even viewed the network’s programming. “Fox doesn’t even play where you are,” said Carlson. “Well, have you heard of the Internet?” replied Bregman. “I can watch things whatever I want.”

By this point, Bregman, thousands of miles away, was sitting where Carlson usually sits — in complete command of the interview, setting the pace, putting his interlocutor on the defensive. The host was verily gasping for air. The most telling words of the interview came when Carlson said, “Wait — but, but can I just say?” That was just shortly after Bregman said Carlson was a “millionaire funded by billionaires.”

Someone had to blow the whistle on Carlson’s high-wire attempts to portray himself as a hero of the regular guy, even as he enjoys the fat paycheck of a Fox News host. So scandalized was Carlson about the situation that he could resort only to nastiness, which he commonly deploys, and profanity, which rarely makes it onto Fox News’s air. “Why don’t you go f--- yourself, you tiny brain.”

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Fox and Friends explain how time works 

When the big hand is on the ass hat  racist and the little hand is on the WTF shit for brains it must be FoxSpews.

ETA: When the third hand is grabbing some pussy, it must be Trump watching FauxOoze

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This video actually was educational for me. Today I learned that Diamond is the woman on the left of the screen, Silk is the woman on the right, and that Faux Nation subscribers likely need caregivers to prevent them from jamming steak knives into electrical outlets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

This video actually was educational for me. Today I learned that Diamond is the woman on the left of the screen, Silk is the woman on the right, and that Faux Nation subscribers likely need caregivers to prevent them from jamming steak knives into electrical outlets. 

Messing with our meat. Catchy tune. In all seriousness, what exactly is their point? So Senator Booker doesn't eat meat, and that makes a difference in their lives how? 

Speaking of 'meat' My husband likes to remind me that he is the 'Head Meat' in this family. Or maybe it was 'Meat Head'?

ETA: People pay money for this? Hell I could babble on like that and bring in some extra cash. Think off all the time I wasted on a real job.

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 6

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Stupid people pay for that.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I was curious if Diamond and Silk still had their YouTube channel, warehouse full of Trump-related geegaws, and a begging bowl on PayPal. The answer to all three questions is yes, but the craziest thing I discovered is that they are touring and doing this shtick live. :cray-cray:

Tickets range from $50 to $200 depending on the venue and how much contact you want with them. I guess I should give them credit for knowing how to scam their fellow Trump supporters, but the whole thing is just bizarre to me.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 7

Handjob is joining Dumpy in Vietnam:

• Disgust 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic