IGNORED

Faux News: Who Says the USA Doesn't Have State TV?

Destiny

On 1/18/2019 at 11:07 AM, Cartmann99 said:

Uh, what happened to the couch they normally sit on? Also, is Ainsley trying to hook the heel of her left shoe around the leg of her chair in an attempt to drag herself away from Newt, or does she just need to pee?

Could be both, but I'm going for pee. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What the bloody fuck is this? Were they joking or is this a threat?

• Upvote 2

Stephen Colbert made fun of Faux' misreporting:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Tonight, Don Lemon (CNN) is discussing Wilbur Ross's comments on the government shutdown. Lawrence O'Donnell (MSNBC) is discussing Wilbur Ross's comments on the government shutdown. Laura Ingraham (you know where) is discussing that upstanding kid in the MAGA hat.

Sigh.

• Upvote 9

Roger Stone has been arrested. But Fox and Friends says there's no collusion. No need to worry, Trump. There's no collusion. Because Fox and Friends says so.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

Roger Stone has been arrested. But Fox and Friends says there's no collusion. No need to worry, Trump. There's no collusion. Because Fox and Friends says so.

I wonder how FOX we'll try to spin Roger Stone's arrest, or will they decide not to report on it altogether?

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I wonder how FOX we'll try to spin Roger Stone's arrest, or will they decide not to report on it altogether?

#butheremails #bengazi #yeabutwhataboutobama #elventybillontybrownpeopleincaravan

• Upvote 8

Was there ever any word on why Fox News stopped tweeting? I remember us speculating at that time that an indictment might be coming or Murdoch might have been behind the stop but they've been silent since November 8! That's a crazy long time for no word so I'm hoping I just missed it...

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

#butheremails #bengazi #yeabutwhataboutobama #elventybillontybrownpeopleincaravan

They could always do another segment about the sex life of pandas, or perhaps one of their employees can do a baton twirling demonstration?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

They could always do another segment about the sex life of pandas, or perhaps one of their employees can do a baton twirling demonstration?

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

So that was what was up with Ainsley's legs the other morning! She'd been practising her twirling skills the night before... :pb_lol: 

• Haha 5

Is this — shhh!  we’re not talking about Roger Stone’s indictment! — how they are trying to make up for their faux pas (see what I did there?) the other day?

• Upvote 8

SNL's cold open was great:

I love Kate McKinnon as Wilbur Ross, but Cecily Strong knocks it out of the park as Jeanine Pirro.

• Upvote 3

On 1/26/2019 at 10:33 PM, fraurosena said:

Is this — shhh!  we’re not talking about Roger Stone’s indictment! — how they are trying to make up for their faux pas (see what I did there?) the other day?

Raise your hand if you immediately Googled "Ruth Bader Ginsberg LEGO".

Edited by JMarie
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

"Trump’s favored Fox News hosts fault him for caring ‘way too much about people in the media’"

Spoiler

“Fox and Friends” host Brian Kilmeade twiddled his thumbs, seeming to know the word was coming.

President Trump had given an interview with the Wall Street Journal in which he was asked about the fallout between him and conservative pundit Ann Coulter over ending the shutdown without funding for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Co-host Steve Doocy summarized the attacks from Coulter and the four-letter word she used: “wimp.”

Kilmeade reacted to the word with a not-subtle eye roll and a hand gesture but waited for Doocy to read the counterattack Trump offered the Journal, which included calling Coulter “very hostile” and speculating that maybe she was mad because he didn’t “return her phone call or something.”

But when Kilmeade, who hosts a show well-known for being closely watched by the president, finally offered his take, it contained more than a touch of irony.

“I just think the president cares way too much about people in the media,” he said. “He is president. He is not a candidate . . . he has got to make some tough decisions and he is not an absolute monarch.”

As The Washington Post’s Paul Farhi and Sarah Ellison have noted, Trump and the hosts of “Fox and Friends” appear to have a deep mutual affinity.

Fox News Channel’s perky morning show is typically a safe space for Trump and his surrogates, a home for flattering live interviews and relentless cheerleading on everything from building his proposed border wall to highlighting the supposed threat of a Central American migrant caravan.

Trump, a regular F&F viewer, frequently returns the favor by live-tweeting things he’s seen and heard on the show, turning a program derided by liberal critics into one of the most influential news sources on the air.

True to form, “Fox and Friends” offered Trump back-up in his war of words with Coulter on Monday.

Guest David Brody. a political analyst for the Christian Broadcasting Network, criticized the right-wing provocateur, calling her an “outlier for sure” and “off her rocker.” Kilmeade responded that Trump has to “almost ignore people, whether it’s me or you one day, Ann Coulter today, and just do what he knows is best.”

Cracks have shown at times, however, in the support from “Fox and Friends” hosts. They blasted Trump for repeatedly suggesting that reporters are the enemy of the people and criticized him for mocking Christine Blasey Ford, who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were in high school.

In December, Kilmeade scrutinized Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, saying it would be a “big win” for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

But if there was any acrimony on Trump’s side, it wasn’t evident soon after Kilmeade’s comments Monday.

In his trademark style, Trump tweeted praise of himself, quoting remarks by political commentator Deroy Murdock.

“In the Media’s effort to destroy the President, they are actually destroying themselves,” Murdock said. “Given all of the tremendous head winds this President has faced, it’s amazing he has accomplished so much.”

Trump was flattered by the remark. “I agree!” he wrote on Twitter, noting that it came from a trusted source: “Fox and Friends.”

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Trump’s favored Fox News hosts fault him for caring ‘way too much about people in the media’"

Reveal hidden contents

“Fox and Friends” host Brian Kilmeade twiddled his thumbs, seeming to know the word was coming.

President Trump had given an interview with the Wall Street Journal in which he was asked about the fallout between him and conservative pundit Ann Coulter over ending the shutdown without funding for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Co-host Steve Doocy summarized the attacks from Coulter and the four-letter word she used: “wimp.”

Kilmeade reacted to the word with a not-subtle eye roll and a hand gesture but waited for Doocy to read the counterattack Trump offered the Journal, which included calling Coulter “very hostile” and speculating that maybe she was mad because he didn’t “return her phone call or something.”

But when Kilmeade, who hosts a show well-known for being closely watched by the president, finally offered his take, it contained more than a touch of irony.

“I just think the president cares way too much about people in the media,” he said. “He is president. He is not a candidate . . . he has got to make some tough decisions and he is not an absolute monarch.”

As The Washington Post’s Paul Farhi and Sarah Ellison have noted, Trump and the hosts of “Fox and Friends” appear to have a deep mutual affinity.

Fox News Channel’s perky morning show is typically a safe space for Trump and his surrogates, a home for flattering live interviews and relentless cheerleading on everything from building his proposed border wall to highlighting the supposed threat of a Central American migrant caravan.

Trump, a regular F&F viewer, frequently returns the favor by live-tweeting things he’s seen and heard on the show, turning a program derided by liberal critics into one of the most influential news sources on the air.

True to form, “Fox and Friends” offered Trump back-up in his war of words with Coulter on Monday.

Guest David Brody. a political analyst for the Christian Broadcasting Network, criticized the right-wing provocateur, calling her an “outlier for sure” and “off her rocker.” Kilmeade responded that Trump has to “almost ignore people, whether it’s me or you one day, Ann Coulter today, and just do what he knows is best.”

Cracks have shown at times, however, in the support from “Fox and Friends” hosts. They blasted Trump for repeatedly suggesting that reporters are the enemy of the people and criticized him for mocking Christine Blasey Ford, who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were in high school.

In December, Kilmeade scrutinized Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, saying it would be a “big win” for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

But if there was any acrimony on Trump’s side, it wasn’t evident soon after Kilmeade’s comments Monday.

In his trademark style, Trump tweeted praise of himself, quoting remarks by political commentator Deroy Murdock.

“In the Media’s effort to destroy the President, they are actually destroying themselves,” Murdock said. “Given all of the tremendous head winds this President has faced, it’s amazing he has accomplished so much.”

Trump was flattered by the remark. “I agree!” he wrote on Twitter, noting that it came from a trusted source: “Fox and Friends.”

And welcome to today’s episode of:huh:

• I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Not just no...

Errr gee no thanks, I'm too busy trimming my toe nails

• I Agree 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic