IGNORED

Faux News: Who Says the USA Doesn't Have State TV?

Destiny

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Hannity is encouraging Trump to keep the shut down going for two or more weeks, and  also accompanied Trump to the border, where he hung with the WH border messaging crew (Bill Shine and Kirstjen Nielson) rather than with the press pool; Hannity is now a de facto West Wing aide who is flogging Trump to declare a national emergency

We are officially in political "hold my beer and watch this" territory. 

This is where I really wish we had a fear response. WTF and disgust are not what I'm feeling, I am really afraid. If he can be coerced into declaring a National emergency over this, then it will be easier and easier to declare National emergencies for the other issues that Hannity and Trump want to push. It feels to me like declaring a national emergency over this would take our slide to authoritarian dictatorship under him from the angle of a slide to an elevator shaft.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

11 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

It feels to me like declaring a national emergency over this would take our slide to authoritarian dictatorship under him from the angle of a slide to an elevator shaft.

Yes, that's it in a nutshell.  I follow people on twitter who have extensively studied authoritarian regimes.  All the red flags are there. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

McTurtle is giving American State TV the new propaganda it has to promulgate next week.

• Disgust 7

On 1/11/2019 at 12:12 PM, Audrey2 said:

This is where I really wish we had a fear response.

I miss the old days when it never crossed my mind that we would need a fear response.  *old days being a mere 2 years ago...*

On 1/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, Howl said:

I follow people on twitter who have extensively studied authoritarian regimes.  All the red flags are there. 

Me too, which is absolutely terrifying.  Fellow FJ US people do we have an escape plan? *I want to say this is tongue in cheek, but I'm not so sure anymore.*  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Good question. 

Maybe not Faux News itself, but Rupert Murdoch, and/or his sons? Well that wouldn't surprise anyone, now would it?

And while we're on the subject, how about Sinclair? 

• Upvote 7

Fox and Friends: it's actually pretty clever to be under investigation for being a spy because it absolutely owns the deep state

• Confused 7

Uh she suggested 70 % marginal tax rate for income exceeding ten million dollars in a year, or something like that. Most Fox viewers won't earn that much in all of their remaining years combined.

People who watch this crap will vote stupidly. It's inevitable 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Uh she suggested 70 % marginal tax rate for income exceeding ten million dollars in a year, or something like that. Most Fox viewers won't earn that much in all of their remaining years combined.

People who watch this crap will vote stupidly. It's inevitable 

"Will the Dems rush to the left hurt the party"?  

I ask Will the Rethugs rush to the right hurt the party? Ans: No.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Narrator: that's Trump's favorite food 

Is he trying to kill them? :pb_confused:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Go away! I don't like what you have to say!

They are intensely afraid of what the FBI will find/ has found out about them. They know they have no way to extricate themselves, so what to do? Attack the FBI of course, and if that doesn't help, call for them to be abolished.

• Disgust 4

37 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Somebody needs to tell Tuc to look in the mirror if he wonders what racism looks like

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Uh, what happened to the couch they normally sit on? Also, is Ainsley trying to hook the heel of her left shoe around the leg of her chair in an attempt to drag herself away from Newt, or does she just need to pee?

• Haha 8

You gotta choose one crime and stick with it. If you do some other crimes they don't count. 

• Confused 2
  • WTF 6

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

You gotta choose one crime and stick with it. If you do some other crimes they don't count. 

Greg thinks it's like when the supermarket is having a 'buy one get one free' sale. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic