IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

Miss Renee again?! Oh, geez, I would rather walk barefoot across broken glass than to hear Miss Renee's voice. Hopefully, Abby get the dress of her dreams and Michelle and Miss Renee remained blissfully silent.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel dumb for asking this...but who is Krista and how does she know the Duggars? She also mentions the person who is the source is in these photos (wherever they are?) so it must be easy to figure out who it is. 

1 hour ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

What would a Fundy Girl Fight involve? How is this going down? Will they quote scripture at each other? There’s obviously plenty of hair to pull, but will it come to that? I have so many questions!

ETA, I just imagined a fundy girl tying back her long hair and saying to one of her many sisters, “Mary Ruth, hold my purity ring.” :pb_lol: I am easily amused.

Laughed out loud at this! Instead of hitting each other, they rap battle scripture. 

11 minutes ago, mstee said:

I feel dumb for asking this...but who is Krista and how does she know the Duggars? She also mentions the person who is the source is in these photos (wherever they are?) so it must be easy to figure out who it is. 

There's been a lot written about her on here and other site....so heres a recap...

Krista is a former fundie and is now fundie-lite. She met the Duggars while attending John Brown University in Arkansas...she attended their home church, mission trips, conferences...she became really good friends with the older girls and has helped at all of their weddings and also did a lot with Ben and Jessa---there was a viral video of her and Ben attending a rap concert together that got taken down. In her blog she talked about how the Dugg's and Jinger brought her back to her faith...

Krista also ran a blog and was one of the only real insiders that had public social media accounts...she used to post a lot with Duggs...in her blog she did a q&a where you could ask fundie girls anything that was controversial. 

o yeah, shes in law school in NYC and does real work. she wears pants and has a nose ring. shes a liberal but denies it. she went to the womans mark and...get this...is prochoice. Most people don know how the Dugg's are still friends with her. 

I think shes fun to follow on social media. She seems very nice and very smart but i cnat figure her out. 

On 9/15/2018 at 11:48 AM, MayMay1123 said:

In all my many years on this earth, I have only ever met one other person with my birthdate-11/23. I do have a friend with 2/29 though!

I still haven't met anyone with my birthday, craziness ( 11/13)

I was born on 8/14. My second grade teacher & I had the same birthday and when I was 15 I went to a summer college program and their was a girl their with my birthday also. 

29 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I still haven't met anyone with my birthday, craziness ( 11/13)

I know it's not a Birthday but my Bat Mitzvah was on 11/13. 

I enjoy Krista and think she walks the walk of loving thy neighbor....buuuuuut she's also totally given a heads up in the past of when duggar wedding dates are by posting instastories of when she'll just happen to be in Arkansas. 

I was looking through the registries last night and all I could think was "I hope that big family "pitches in" and writes up a few dozen thank you notes!!" 

I had 200 people at my wedding (Husband's family is giant - there are regularly 50 people at Christmas) and I thought THAT was a lot of thank you notes....

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

I was looking through the registries last night and all I could think was "I hope that big family "pitches in" and writes up a few dozen thank you notes!!" 

I had 200 people at my wedding (Husband's family is giant - there are regularly 50 people at Christmas) and I thought THAT was a lot of thank you notes....

If Abbie stops working when she marries, she will have plenty of time to crank out thank you notes.

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I just find it funny that Krista assumes she knows who it is. Out of 1000 people, how could you figure out which person shared the invitation? Really?

It sucks that it was shared without their permission, but that's what happens when you invite 1000 people. Shit gets out.

Also funny, didn't Krista at one point talk to Pickles? I remember that pathetic post from not too long ago where Pickles was essentially begging Krista to comment on her page and make her feel relevant again. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

If Abbie stops working when she marries, she will have plenty of time to crank out thank you notes.

Not if she has to be joyfully available to someone who has never been alone with a woman before..... 

37 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Also funny, didn't Krista at one point talk to Pickles? I remember that pathetic post from not too long ago where Pickles was essentially begging Krista to comment on her page and make her feel relevant again. 

I remember reading in one of her insta stories or tumblr Q&A that she talked about Pickles...I think that Pickles reached out to her 5+ years ago when she got social media...she didn't realize what Pickles was...and that Pickles had really taken her words out of context/misrepresented them which seems like something Pickles would do....Pickles seems to do anything for views...like her post telling people to credit her for the invitation pic? wtf. 

1 hour ago, fundieundies said:

John and Abbie might as well put baby gear on their registry, we all know it's gonna happen and it'd be so convenient for everyone

Why not just combine the bridal shower with a baby shower and save people making the extra trip? 

Do they even send thank-you notes? I don’t remember the Duggar girls doing it. Maybe a preprinted card for everyone who was at the wedding? Personally, I moved after sending some notes, got distracted for months, then sent out pathetic “if I didn’t say thanks, thanks” notes.

6 hours ago, anaandrade said:

It's funny. Duggar Data on Tumblr thinks those pics outside Renee's could be for Josie Bates picking up her dress. I think it could be either.

Agreed. It sounds like Josie's wedding is sooner than JD&A's, so Josie might make more sense, especially since that would be a Bates girl following recent Bates tradition, while Abbie might have other ideas about where to get her dress and is potentially old enough to actually make a change (at least this kind) stick. Lauren didn't get her dress from Miz Renee either, so I'd say Josie's more likely, but it could still be either.

20 hours ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

I guess I disagree...I admit that I like her though lol 

I've been following her on social media for like 5 years. Back then she posted a lot of pics and commented on the Pickles page correcting people/defending D's. I didn't get the feeling that she was selling them out as much of just unaware...I think she learned her lesson and now shes' gone private and hardly posts about them. To be fair, she never posted any private info online that I'm aware of like wedding dates, baby pics, baby names...Am I wrong? 

I think she was referncing this person specifically with the videos and photos...so it must be a smaller group? That's my guess. 

I will admit that I haven't followed anything on Pickles avidly in a few years. I mean why when I can come here and get a better prospective with better treatment, and my thoughts on Krista really stem back to the John Brown phase of her life and not The hereafter, so she may have grown up and become a decent human, and I don't recall her outing anything private, but I felt that pickles always used her as her source when I was following all of that, and it just left this semi permanent sour taste. I dunno. I will say that I do agree with her out rage.

Also I would like to take a minute to say that I am in awe of Abbie's hair.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:19 PM, Alice in Fundieland said:

My cousin has 2 kids and they were both born on December 22, three years apart. They’re teenagers now, but I’ve often wondered how they felt about sharing a birthday 3 days before Christmas with their only sibling.

I share a birthday with my older sister just a week after Christmas, and honestly it's not so bad now that we're older. I will say, however, that sharing a birthday party with a preteen when you're still in elementary school isn't all that fun. 

14 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I share a birthday with my older sister just a week after Christmas, and honestly it's not so bad now that we're older. I will say, however, that sharing a birthday party with a preteen when you're still in elementary school isn't all that fun. 

My birthday is 5 days after Christmas. I don't share it with anyone, but as a kid, it was awful having a birthday near Christmas. That's probably why I had all my kids in the summer. ?

Editing to add I have 3 kids, the way I said that sounded like I have a bunch. Just 3.

14 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Do they even send thank-you notes? I don’t remember the Duggar girls doing it. Maybe a preprinted card for everyone who was at the wedding? Personally, I moved after sending some notes, got distracted for months, then sent out pathetic “if I didn’t say thanks, thanks” notes.

I remember that a poster here mentioned that they accidentally bought something of Joe and Kendra's list but had it shipped to their own house (so clicked via their list but bought for themselves). Somehow they apparently still got the message that this person bought it for them because they received a thank you note from them a while later.

1 hour ago, ati_escapee said:

I have 3 kids, the way I said that sounded like I have a bunch. Just 3.

LOL - to me (as an only, and as the mother to an only) three sounds like a bunch. :)

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

LOL - to me (as an only, and as the mother to an only) three sounds like a bunch. :)

Well, it is, but it's not 19. 

On 9/17/2018 at 5:45 AM, DillyDally said:

Looks like Abbie went to Renee's for her dress, too. I really wonder what kind of deal they have with her, do they get the dress for free for the publicity or what?

Can't link the Facebook post for some reason, but it's here.

I'm thinking this one is for Josie Bates, since her wedding is less than a month away.

If Krista is in fact pro-choice, I am surprised indeed that the Duggars are still friends with her. Being anti-abortion and anti-LGBT have become hills to die on for a lot of fundie churches and even a fair amount of conservative Christian churches.

@Chickenbutt and other near-christmas posters, my dad's birthday is Dec 26 and he HATES it and complains about it every single year. We try to do half birthdays but it's hard. My family does all the presents on Christmas Eve though (except Santa) so there was at least a one day gap between presents and his were wrapped in normal paper, etc. He still hates it. I will try to avoid having kids in December as much as I can!My husband is born in July and also never had a party because people were gone. My birthday is in March and I love it.  

My friend and her sister were both born on Oct 5. Because the Bills went to the Super Bowl in '91 and '93 (and '92 and '94 but they only have two kids)! 

Are all those September babies due to cabin fever "in the bleak mid-winter?" 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived