IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jana814 said:

February 29 must be hard date to be born on. I personally don’t know anyone who was on that date but I have seen stories of people who were. Their is or was a trio of siblings who were all born on February 29 they were in the Guinness Book of world records. 

I know one that was. We celebrated her 20th/80th birthday in the last Leap Year. I was born in a Leap Year, and refuse to tell my birthday because I just don't like birthday attention and some people think I am, lol.

On June 6, 2006 there were reports of pregnant women/new moms who had their inductions/c-sections NOT scheduled that day if that's what they needed, to not have their child with a 06/06/06 birthdate. I wonder how many do the same thing if they realize they could be due on Leap Day. Let the research begin......

1 minute ago, BullyJBG said:

On June 6, 2006 there were reports of pregnant women/new moms who had their inductions/c-sections NOT scheduled that day if that's what they needed, to not have their child with a 06/06/06 birthdate. I wonder how many do the same thing if they realize they could be due on Leap Day. Let the research begin......

I heard that also about 06/06/06. 

So, from that screenshot, Pickles says "don't try to crash" and I'm assuming the rest is "the wedding."

Who in their right mind would crash a wedding where they'd only get three meatballs and a popsicle?

I really hope Abbie likes planes... I mean they are everywhere - the engagement, the invitation.

Will there be food at the wedding (in not appropriate amounts of course) served on those plane tablets? Will there be speaches and announcements made that sound like the ones on airplanes? Will the rings be flown in by a little model airplane? Is there plane themed bedding on their registry (comforter or duvet- I need to know)? Will their honeymoon be a round trip (flight) to all the great airplane museums and shows? Is JD - the pilot the official TLC storyline? I mean everyone had to get a certain “character“. And is he really working as a pilot- from what I saw he merely flies around for fun and his family aka an expensive hobby. 

Sorry if anyone here is truly into planes but I think it is a bit weird if one partners hobby is so dominant that you even kind of theme your wedding after it (theming your wedding is a strange enough concept for me- isn’t “wedding” enough of a theme itself???). So hopefully Abbie is as crazy about planes too.

10 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Yay! Your friend's daughter is only the second birthday buddy I've heard of! My first was a woman in my church that I learned about the year I turned 40 (I had just moved). I've had friends and family on the 23rd and 25th, but never the 24th. I do share a birthday with President Zachary Taylor and Scott Joplin, the king of Ragtime.

My cousin was also born on 11/24

People grab hold and theme weddings about all sorts of weird stuff. Not my cup of tea but whatever.

I hope Abbie likes planes and flying too. (I’m assuming she doesn’t hate them or this would not be a good pairing.)

A plane themed wedding is strange sounding. I would like to see something “wacky” come out of a Duggar wedding. Why not? 

2 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Screenshot_2018-09-16-10-34-55.png

Well if that is the invitation the picture was clearly taken at the same time as the picture of them with Jana and whichever of Abbie's sisters that is that was posted on the previous page of this thread. And also taken at the same time as the previously released engagement shots of them at the airplane hanger themed hotel conference space. So I guess both sisters were there for the engagement (shoot).

59 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

So, from that screenshot, Pickles says "don't try to crash" and I'm assuming the rest is "the wedding."

Who in their right mind would crash a wedding where they'd only get three meatballs and a popsicle?

Also, unless people crash en masse or behave like crazy paparazzi how would they notice a few crashers??

41 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I really hope Abbie likes planes... I mean they are everywhere - the engagement, the invitation.

Will there be food at the wedding (in not appropriate amounts of course) served on those plane tablets? Will there be speaches and announcements made that sound like the ones on airplanes? Will the rings be flown in by a little model airplane? Is there plane themed bedding on their registry (comforter or duvet- I need to know)? Will their honeymoon be a round trip (flight) to all the great airplane museums and shows? Is JD - the pilot the official TLC storyline? I mean everyone had to get a certain “character“. And is he really working as a pilot- from what I saw he merely flies around for fun and his family aka an expensive hobby. 

Sorry if anyone here is truly into planes but I think it is a bit weird if one partners hobby is so dominant that you even kind of theme your wedding after it (theming your wedding is a strange enough concept for me- isn’t “wedding” enough of a theme itself???). So hopefully Abbie is as crazy about planes too.

People kept asking me what my wedding theme was when we got married 9 years ago. I kept saying "getting married". Several of them, including my maid of honor, did not like that answer. 

He is so often referred to as John David or JD here (and is that true on the show as well? I don't watch) that I just realized they have the same names as the fundie couple I know who courted and whose totally Duggarish fundie wedding I had the joy of attending--also John and Abbie. 

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I grew up with plane people. For allll of them, if you aren't into planes then you might as well be invisible without an opinion.

I'm sure there are nicer about it types who are into them but that's from being around hundreds. 

That birthday visual is really interesting. I was surprised to learn that my birthday is one of the more popular ones (1st July)... 27th most popular!! I’ve never met anyone with my birthday. Some people have been a couple of days before or after, but not that date.

Totally unsurprising that 4th July is one of the least popular, even though it’s just three days after mine.

Also totally not surprised that mid-to-late September is a popular birthday time. Which big event is nine months prior...? :pb_lol:

Except this is American data and I’m British, although I don’t imagine there’s a huge amount of difference. 

That is indeed what the invite looks like. I wonder why anyone would send an invite to Pickles - i mean, if they wanted her there, they could just send her her own invite. ? I also wonder if the details were covered before or after they got to Pickles. I think before, because if it was after she would know the wedding isn’t in Abbie’s hometown. ?

And good luck trying to crash the wedding. If you don’t RSVP, you don’t get in. Really classy to even suggest such a thing.

9 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

(1st July)... 27th most popular!! I’ve never met anyone with my birthday.

My ex-husband and my uncle share your birthday. :) 

My niece has the most popular birthday in North America!  In my family, between mid August and early October, we have 14 birthdays.   Holiday  babies.

7 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Well if that is the invitation the picture was clearly taken at the same time as the picture of them with Jana and whichever of Abbie's sisters that is that was posted on the previous page of this thread. And also taken at the same time as the previously released engagement shots of them at the airplane hanger themed hotel conference space. So I guess both sisters were there for the engagement (shoot).

It’s nice that Jana was there. I hope she and Abbie gets along since she did wish her and JD’s wife would be best friends. 

Maybe John's wedding won't be such a spectacle as the other Duggar weddings.  WE can hope...

10 hours ago, louisa05 said:

People kept asking me what my wedding theme was when we got married 9 years ago. I kept saying "getting married". 

Me too! And I was also engaged nine years ago ?

10 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

And good luck trying to crash the wedding. If you don’t RSVP, you don’t get in. 

I don’t want to ask you for too much insider info, but is that typical of Duggar weddings? Jill’s and Jessa’s seemed like free-for-all’s, but I’m sure guests would ask how people knew them and it would raise a red flag if they couldn’t answer.

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

That birthday visual is really interesting. I was surprised to learn that my birthday is one of the more popular ones (1st July)... 27th most popular!! I’ve never met anyone with my birthday. Some people have been a couple of days before or after, but not that date.

Happy Canada Day!!! (July 1)

My birthday was always such a bummer as a kid. November first, the day after the Halloween excitement. I'm not a huge birthday person now, but I always feel bad for kids born the same day as me. It just seems like such a letdown. How can you have any excitement left? Unless you don't celebrate Halloween or whatever...heathens! :P

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived