IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

The list of least common birthdays can be explained a bit. February 29 only occurs every four years, so it’s a given for the least common date. The next few least common birthdays range from Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day (Dec 26), New Years Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving. Hospitals don’t tend to schedule inductions or C-sections on those dates so there will be fewer births on those particular dates. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My birthday was always such a bummer as a kid. November first, the day after the Halloween excitement. I'm not a huge birthday person now, but I always feel bad for kids born the same day as me. It just seems like such a letdown. How can you have any excitement left? Unless you don't celebrate Halloween or whatever...heathens! :P

Birthday twin! 

Halloween isn't such a big deal here, but November is the most useless month ever. Dark, rainy, cold, but not proper winter and just a looong wait until December, Christmas and proper winter weather. And, since it is so close to Christmas anyway, lots of presents on hold. Sooo, my birthday is somewhat underwhelming ?

The biggest question of the JD-Abbie wedding - did the Rodrigues family get invited??? ?

BTW one of my kids has a July 1 bday, and another one is not one but 2 days after Halloween.  That actually works out fine for parties... he has the option of a Halloween/bday party or doing it the next weekend with a completely unrelated theme.  The only problem there is that the sugar high keeps going longer.  But we've recycled the leftover trick-or-treater candy into goody bags so that works out.  My other kid is mid-December which is the worst as far as I'm concerned.... just too much going on already in December to throw a birthday party into the mix, plus his 2 big gift events of the year are in the same month.  But what can you do.   It's easier now that the kids are older and I don't have to do Santa Claus anymore or major birthday parties with 10 or 20 6 year olds.  (Summer birthdays are awesome on the parent end ... pool parties/ outdoor parties are super easy.  Only downside is that some of the friends might be traveling and you don't get to bring cupcakes to school.)

My son's birthday is December 26th. When he was young, we celebrated 1/2 birthdays in July. He got a cake with 8 and 1/2 candles (or however many) with his party and gifts. It was just like any other kids birthday party. On his actual birthday, he got a card to mark the occasion. I also make it abundantly clear to family and close friends that I would not tolerate birthday gifts wrapped in Christmas paper, or gifts that were both a Christmas and birthday gift combined. I always kept a few extra little gifts up in the closet in case I had to quickly wrap one in birthday paper in case someone combined the gifts. You wouldn't think of combining gifts for a birthday in any other month, why is it acceptable to do it for December birthdays? Am I crazy? Yep, and I don't care....lol

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

My birthday was always such a bummer as a kid. November first, the day after the Halloween excitement. I'm not a huge birthday person now, but I always feel bad for kids born the same day as me. It just seems like such a letdown. How can you have any excitement left? Unless you don't celebrate Halloween or whatever...heathens! :P

I feel your pain, only my birthday is the day before. Los of Halloween themed parties.

WiseChild's birthday is December 25th. Birthday with family is always in the afternoon.  Separate presents, birthday cheesecake, and Christmas cookies.  Birthday parties were in January per her request.

And to make December more expensive my niece's bday is the 18th and my mom's is the 21st. It maked for a poor WiseGirl in December. 

13 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

And good luck trying to crash the wedding. If you don’t RSVP, you don’t get in. Really classy to even suggest such a thing.

I'm curious about this with how large their weddings are. Are there people who act as "security" to make sure people who shouldn't be there aren't? Do they have a list they check people off of when they get there like a VIP list in movies (no clue how they work IRL)? I just can't wrap my mind around how this would work.

My dad's birthday is Christmas Eve and he hated the fact that people would give him one small gift. I always make the point of getting him two gifts even if it just chocolates or a tin of shortbread. My birthday is June, I loved having a birthday in the middle of the year, I always got nice summer outfits as presents.

36 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

My son's birthday is December 26th. When he was young, we celebrated 1/2 birthdays in July. He got a cake with 8 and 1/2 candles (or however many) with his party and gifts. It was just like any other kids birthday party. On his actual birthday, he got a card to mark the occasion. I also make it abundantly clear to family and close friends that I would not tolerate birthday gifts wrapped in Christmas paper, or gifts that were both a Christmas and birthday gift combined. I always kept a few extra little gifts up in the closet in case I had to quickly wrap one in birthday paper in case someone combined the gifts. You wouldn't think of combining gifts for a birthday in any other month, why is it acceptable to do it for December birthdays? Am I crazy? Yep, and I don't care....lol

I'm the opposite as far as combining gifts. My birthday is Halloween and I often chose to wait for a combined gift so I could get one bigger thing rather than multiple small gifts.

19 minutes ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I'm curious about this with how large their weddings are. Are there people who act as "security" to make sure people who shouldn't be there aren't? Do they have a list they check people off of when they get there like a VIP list in movies (no clue how they work IRL)? I just can't wrap my mind around how this would work.

The invitation says that due to the size of the venue, only those on the RSVP guest list will be allowed in, so i’m assuming there will be someone checking a list. The same request has been on all the invites i’ve gotten in the past.

23 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My birthday is June, I loved having a birthday in the middle of the year, I always got nice summer outfits as presents.

I agree. Mine is in August & while I don't really care about it anymore, I always thought it was the perfect time of year to have a birthday.

My friend's birthday is December 22 and when she got married as part of their vows, her husband resolved to always buy her a birthday AND a Christmas present, not a combo one.

GryffindorDisappointment was born the day after Halloween. She loved the Halloween themed parties - and often requested them. It was fun. :)

On 9/15/2018 at 10:40 AM, Rachel333 said:

Thanksgiving week birthdays are some of the least common in the US! November 23-28 are all at the bottom of this list, with only 1/1-1/2, 7/4, and 12/24-12/26 being less common.* For some reason 11/22, despite also being a potential day for Thanksgiving, is up a little higher at #336. 10/31 is right in the middle of the Thanksgiving week birthdays, and of those birthdays 11/27 is the least common.

*February 29 is 347th on the list. I'm sure in absolute numbers it's the least common, but this is ranking by averages. In a year that contains February 29th, there are typically more births on that day than on the days previously mentioned as being the least common.

Interesting! One of my daughters has a Thanksgiving week birthday, and it's very inconvenient, as that used to be "my" holiday. I go all out for Thanksgiving every year (way more so than Christmas), but now I have to concede part of it for her birthday. *Not really mad about it. She just could have come at a better time. :-P 

17 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

I grew up with plane people. For allll of them, if you aren't into planes then you might as well be invisible without an opinion.

I'm sure there are nicer about it types who are into them but that's from being around hundreds. 

Ain't that the truth?! I'm married to a "plane person" (he's a military pilot), and oh boy - if you don't want to talk planes, you might as well not be there. 

On 9/14/2018 at 2:23 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

My birthday falls just before Thanksgiving (the closest I get is four days prior), and I always had plastic turkey decorations on my birthday cake. lol

I, too, had birthday cake at the family Thanksgiving dinner. Better than my dad, whose birthday is NYE, and my hubby, whose birthday is Xmas eve. Poor guys...

My son was born on Thanksgiving day, he wad due Christmas Eve, but little man wanted to come early.  We had many a birthday/Thanksgiving in our home.  

My birthday is the middle of December. My mom always had a cake for me and presents were wrapped in birthday wrapping paper. Parties were sometimes hit and miss depending on the weather. I’d often have a sleep over during the school holidays.  I had a friend give me a combo gift so I unwrapped her Christmas gift and took out one earring and rewrapped it. She looked at me strangely when she opened it and I said she would get the other half of her gift in May on her birthday. We laughed about it, but no more combo gifts. 

My cousin has 2 kids and they were both born on December 22, three years apart. They’re teenagers now, but I’ve often wondered how they felt about sharing a birthday 3 days before Christmas with their only sibling.

My cousin on the other side of the family was born on Christmas Day. Our family always made sure he had birthday presents wrapped in birthday paper and Christmas presents wrapped in Christmas paper. Even though he’s now in his 30s we still make sure we acknowledge his birthday. My aunt often threw him half birthday parties in June for his friends from school.

Another aunt was born November 25 so some years her birthday falls on Thanksgiving. We host Thanksgiving dinner every year and I’ve baked her a special cake in years past, but other times she’s asked me to stick a candle in the pumpkin pie. I guess my point is that the birthday person’s happiness matters most.

i have a niece who was born February 29 but I’ve never hadn’t a real relationship with her. I never realized how many people in our family had less-common birthdays. Then there’s my brother whose birthday is today. Apparently September 16 is one of the most common birthdays. 

My birthday is just over a week before Christmas on the 16th. I hate it since I overheard my brother saying I ruined many Christmas holidays for him. 

5 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

The invitation says that due to the size of the venue, only those on the RSVP guest list will be allowed in, so i’m assuming there will be someone checking a list. The same request has been on all the invites i’ve gotten in the past.

It seems crazy to me since their weddings are so big. Even if I tried my hardest I wouldn’t be able to invite that many people.

Hope you have a good time at the wedding! And thank you for sharing the info you’re comfortable sharing! 

6 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I feel your pain, only my birthday is the day before. Los of Halloween themed parties.

Birthday twinsies!  But I never had birthday parties, except with my family.  They didn't integrate Halloween into them.

My dad's birthday was a week before Christmas.  To the best of my recollection, we didn't combine Christmas and birthday gifts for him, nor did we use Christmas paper for his gifts.  My niece's birthday sometimes falls on Thanksgiving...I do admit that when that happened and she was at our house for Thanksgiving, we'd sing Happy Birthday and serve her cake along with the Thanksgiving desserts.  I assume her mom (my sister) and their family had a separate celebration for her.

I checked out Abbie & John’s registries. I like a lot of the things on their lists. They have a wide variety of items. They really like Board Games. 

Huh.  My sister was born on July 4th.  I never thought about it being uncommon (363rd!)  My sister ended up teaching Social Studies & still gets flag themed gifts for her birthday! (She says she likes it.)

I have a late June birthday and always loved it, as it was halfway til Christmas, and just fun to have outdoor parties, etc.

It is interesting that while the second week of September is so popular for birthdays, Sept. 11 stand out as unpopular.

September 8 - 13th,
September 9 - 1st,
September 10 - 5th,
September 11 - 91st, 
September 12 - 3rd,
September 13 - 33rd,
September 14 - 24th,
September 15 - 8th,
September 16 - 9th,
September 17 - 4th,
September 18 - 10th,
September 19 - 2nd,