IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

I'm honestly so ready for this wedding. Duggarland has been so quiet and boring lately. :P Come on JD and Abbie, do something exciting!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I just assumed both families were in OK for the wedding...is there a reason not to think that?

The video on the story was clearly shot in John and Alyssa’s living room. We’ve seen it various times on the show and on their igs so we know what it looks like

32 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I just assumed both families were in OK for the wedding...is there a reason not to think that?

Hmm I guess just the background in Alyssa and johns stories from the last 24 hours, seemed like they were home. But maybe they’re just in an air B and B and John was babysitting during the rehearsal. That would make more sense logistically I guess!  

So Anna Gibson (Duggar family friend who often posts stories at the weddings and doesn’t seem to care much about the Duggars’ privacy policy lol) posted this story of her mom getting ready an hour ago, which leads me to believe the wedding is going to be this afternoon, not at night.

So, to all of us who are currently in Europe, we might not have to stay up all night!

574EA2EE-F69F-4AC1-8A34-E500CA8ECF79.png

15 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Oh good @VBOY9977, it’s 18.13 pm here now so I’d to catch something before going to bed :) .

Ohhh nice, no waiting 'till tomorrow morning!

It's Saturday so I'm guessing the wedding will be around 2pm CDT, about 90 minutes from now. 2 is a good time for an afternoon wedding, especial if you are only doing a cake and punch reception,, WHICH contrary to FJ opinion is perfectly acceptable in this part of the country.  So lets not have that conversation again if that is what they do. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Emily Ann Raynes is driving to the wedding so it’s probably pretty soon:

807B755C-43DF-413B-827F-0CFC2683AA01.png

Is that one of the Bates-kids in the backseat?

4 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

I’m pretty sure that Warren and Isaiah, but I get those three Bates boys mixed up

5 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

Both are Bates boys. I assume there’s a lot of carpooling going on. 

I’m sure all the fundies stayed at the same hotel. Imagine all the fundie spotting you could do just sitting in the lobby.

7 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

Not 1 but 2! Warden and Isiah who is looking so much like Trace right now

HOLD UP. Are you telling me for years I’ve been thinking that kids name was Warren, like the name, but is actually Warden, like the chief of a prison

you all literally just blew my mind 

3 minutes ago, habert said:

HOLD UP. Are you telling me for years I’ve been thinking that kids name was Warren, like the name, but is actually Warden, like the chief of a prison

you all literally just blew my mind 

Yep, his full name is Warden Justice....

11ADE9AF-365E-49F6-B184-AC606E031DA5.jpeg

50 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It's Saturday so I'm guessing the wedding will be around 2pm CDT, about 90 minutes from now. 2 is a good time for an afternoon wedding, especial if you are only doing a cake and punch reception,, WHICH contrary to FJ opinion is perfectly acceptable in this part of the country.  So lets not have that conversation again if that is what they do. 

I think a cake and punch reception is fine. BUT it should be done and wrapped up by dinner time. I was once in a wedding that had a cake and punch reception with the ceremony at 4 p.m. The ceremony lasted an hour and a half followed by an hour and half long receiving line (no, I don't know what the hell happened there). When your cake and punch reception begins at 7 p.m., that's just wrong. And your guests are getting hangry and will leave early. Plus your bridal party descends into hating you by about 6 p.m. Especially if you had them doing ridiculous crap all day beginning at about 10 a.m. and left no time for lunch. 

If you aren't having dinner, get your guests on their way before dinner time. If you are dragging things out into dinner time, then serve dinner. 

Alyssa posted:

E5ED5A11-0580-4BD1-AB09-6B2EB2A1052C.jpeg

From Evan’s posts on Instagram, I have to guess that he isn’t going to the wedding with Carlin. They aren’t married yet so I guess it makes sense. 

But could John be at home with the two older kids and Brooklyn? That would be so weird if Erin dropped Brooklyn off in FL. 

Seems I was mistaken about one person already. I predicted Carlin (along with Trace, Josie, and Katie) would attend Campbell Roberts and John Morton's wedding.

I'm surprised that Alyssa is going to this wedding but I expected the rest of the Bates' minus Josie to go. Josie is probably at Campbell and John's wedding.

ETA Tori is most likely at home getting ready for baby.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived