IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

I'd take Michelle's look any day over Jill, she doesn't have the best style but I get the impression she was never that interested in fashion and make-up, so didn’t obsess over it too much. Jill puts a lot of effort into looking as horrible as she does and even when she has complained about barely enough money to feed her kids has never cut back on makeup. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we know for sure the date is coming soon? That's one wedding I might watch! Is HER father a preacher, too? Is that all fundy men do, have "ministries"?

So many questions....

And then I think John David will be going from the dormitory to a house with one other person in his bed... at 28. Good Heavens. My 27 year old has always had his own room and his own bed.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Do we know for sure the date is coming soon? That's one wedding I might watch!

There is a member here on FJ who knows the Duggars personally and is invited to Jabbie's wedding; I think they even posted part of the invitation. The date is indeed the 3rd of November. Can't wait!!

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Do we know for sure the date is coming soon? That's one wedding I might watch! Is HER father a preacher, too? Is that all fundy men do, have "ministries"?

So many questions....

And then I think John David will be going from the dormitory to a house with one other person in his bed... at 28. Good Heavens. My 27 year old has always had his own room and his own bed.

I wonder which would be the harder transition for a couple ? Never sharing a room with anyone, or always sharing with multiple siblings? I could see pros and cons adjustment wise to each. 

I never shared a room with anyone, much less a bed, before I got married the first time.

It was... a shock.

46 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

There is a member here on FJ who knows the Duggars personally and is invited to Jabbie's wedding; I think they even posted part of the invitation. The date is indeed the 3rd of November. Can't wait!!

The FJ member told us only the date and that it wasn't in AR. It was Pickles who shared part of the invitation a few days later. 

The only times I'd ever shared a room were on school residentials, never shared a bed.  It tuned out that my husband and I are both duvet hogs and prone to spreading out as much as possible, the first weeks of married life were interesting, to say the least!  

My best friend OTOH was used to all her siblings camping out in her room and often her bed, she didn't sleep properly for weeks because it was too quiet - she kept panicking that something was wrong.

I'd say they're both pretty big transitions, how big depends on the person.

Wait, you also never had sleepovers with friends?

Either as a kid or in college?

Without counting the 3 people I really slept with before my boyfriend there are so many friends/family/collegues/fellow-campers that I shared rooms or even beds with. 

31 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Without counting the 3 people I really slept with before my boyfriend there are so many friends/family/collegues/fellow-campers that I shared rooms or even beds with. 

Thank you. I was wondering too.

I will go even further: Even the boyfriends I never had sex with stayed over night from time to time (and vice versa) and we slept in the same bed. I had a big bed ever since I stopped sleeping in a cot, so when a friend (female or male) spent the night they usually slept in my bed. I can see why this wouldn’t be happening with a small single bed- but surely people just put the guest mattress on the floor in the same room? Didn’t think this would be something unusual.

42 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I'm guessing people mean they didn't share a room or bed on a regular basis with other people. It is very different when it is night after night for years than it is for a night or two here and there.

18 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm guessing people mean they didn't share a room or bed on a regular basis with other people. It is very different when it is night after night for years than it is for a night or two here and there.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. But I had a twin-size bed growing up, so when I had sleepovers, my friend(s) slept on the floor on an inflatable mattress. I did share a bed with my aunt on a roadtrip when I was about 10, and I occasionally shared a bed with my best friend when I slept over at her house. 

I think going from either one to the other would be a shock. 

I haven't shared a room with my sister since I was 15, so for 18 years, I've had my own space and now I don't think I COULD share a room with someone. Even sleeping in a hotel for a night with a friend gives me anxiety because I stress on whether or not I'll be able to sleep. I'm such a particular sleeper and I hate it, I don't know how to break the habit. 

I was the only girl in our family.Two of my brothers always shared a bedroom.I never did,that I can remember.

So,I was used to sleeping alone.Until I got married.Mr Melon was used to sleeping alone,too.We have grown used to sleeping with each other.I miss him if he's not there.But,for years,he complained about me hogging the covers or moving over to the center of the bed,and not giving him much room.

I grew up sharing a room in my younger and teen years. I couldn't imagine sharing a room these days, even if I was married. 

This is arguably the most interesting Duggar wedding in years, but with the least amount of info or buzz in the days leading up to it. 

I keep forgetting about them to be honest.

I have a feeling they do something at their wedding that's cringy hell. Like have a bunch of MAGA hats floating around. 

1 hour ago, Irishy said:

This is arguably the most interesting Duggar wedding in years, but with the least amount of info or buzz in the days leading up to it. 

I agree, nine days till the Rapture and absolute radio silence on the wedding (prep). If they are trying to keep people in suspense, I am not ashamed to admit it's working for me. Okay, maybe slightly embarrassed. :my_blush:

I'm pretty sure JD was in on some of the early wedding pranks. I wonder what they'll do to HIM.....

6 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I'm pretty sure JD was in on some of the early wedding pranks. I wonder what they'll do to HIM.....

No pranks in the church, and something inventively awful in the car.

OMG.  

What if the rapture actually happens on November 3.  I will be out of town, and that really worries me because my kids will be hundreds of miles away.

Just kidding.  The Rapture isn't a thing.

14 hours ago, DillyDally said:

How about one of the howlers hiding in the closet in the honeymoon suite? That would be some next level pranking :pb_lol:

" hiding in the closet", I'm sorry, was that intentional??

So... just a week to go now. And total radio silence from the Duggar clan. Nothing on instagram about the preparations. Kind of strange that they don't even mention it? 

2 hours ago, xenobia said:

So... just a week to go now. And total radio silence from the Duggar clan. Nothing on instagram about the preparations. Kind of strange that they don't even mention it? 

You know, I think this is a bit different. This is Abbie's wedding, (isn't it always all about the bride? lol) and her family may actually be the ones calling the shots. The wedding is not in Arkansas, and I'm hopeful this one will be much less of a pageant/production than the Duggar girls' weddings. I'm hoping for a tasteful, (relatively) small, non-circusy event - sans the Big (floral) D.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived